The Leopard at des Artistes
1 West 67th St.
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
The Leopard at des Artistes
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theleopardnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127878767
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vito Gnazzo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Leopard Catering Department is highly personalized, and offer a full fine dining off-site service for business and private customers, many Italian establishments as well as American ones.
- Private Party Facilities: The Leopard event department caters to many, Italian and American, cultural and governmental institutions, art galleries, fashion establishments, as well as private patrons.
- Private Party Contact: Gianfranco Sorrentino 8886330963
A word from The Leopard at des Artistes
Located in the New York landmarked Hotel Des Artistes, and surrounded by the astonishing 1920s murals by Howard Chandler Christy, THE LEOPARD at des Artistes finds its roots in the area once known as “The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies” (mid 1800s) and in the culinary traditions of the regions of Campania, Basilicata, Calabria, Apulia, Sardinia, and of course Sicily, reaching a balance between dishes based on rural elements, such as pasta, vegetables, cheese, and seafood ingredients from the Costiera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Leopard at des Artistes reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (114)neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (23)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)hot spot (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- food is slippingEmanVIPDined on 10/22/2014I have dined here every few months since the restaurant opened. When they first opened the cooking was exceptional. The same dishes prepared today are somewhat tired. Beautiful space, attentive professional service. friendly staff. The kitchen needs to find its mojo again. Perhaps these comments will help do that.Special Features:
- Always the BestlivinginnycDined on 10/19/2014Forever a wonderful evening out. Service is top notch. Food is always fresh and beautifully served. Love the BYOB on Sundays. It is the best deal in town! We have been here many, many times and always leave very happy.Special Features:
- Second Time around still wonderful!guy11976VIPDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant is cut above the better Lincoln Square area restaurants. The wines are great and so is the service. It is expensive and you need to ask the price of specials. A sole plate filleted at the table was to die for, but the price was $47., not mentioned by waiter.Special Features:
- Best service I have ever hadHuxleyDined on 10/18/2014The wait staff at The Leopard are incredibly well trained. Our waitress knew how to answer our questions would be before we asked them. My water glass was never empty and I never noticed it being filled. The food was excellently prepared and presented. I highly recommend The Leopard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Change your SpotsMikeGfromSouthODined on 10/18/2014Okay, that WAS a cheesy review title. But absolutely one of the finer dinners I've had in NYC over the past 30 years. Top notch service. A tad cramped, but it is NYC so...Special Features:
- A Wonderful DiscoveryBruceDined on 10/18/2014We were looking for a place for dinner before a show at Lincoln Center. This took the spot where previously Cafe des Artistes was. The murals are still there. We had a wonderful meal. Reasonably priced menu and good wine list. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointsTamrayVIPDined on 10/18/2014Another wonderful dinner with excellent service. Bronzino cooked to perfection. Bucatini al dente and delicious. Attentive staff but not intrusive. Perfect for pre-opera dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ambiance adult atmospherecaroleDined on 10/18/2014I love this place, but I wish the food was a bit better and a bit more interesting. I continue to come back because it's beautiful, quiet, comfortable and has excellent service. It's a wonderful place to meet people you really want to talk with. No screaming children, no loud music, no intrusive waiters. I just wish the food was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014For a usually quiet and pleasant restaurant, the noise level near the bar area where we were seated was terrible. I ordered the swordfish which was dry, overcooked and inedible - the chef should be ashamed to serve such food. In all fairness, the other two platters ordered were fine. Not up to its usual standard, not sure we'd go back again.
- Delightful.Peg39Dined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed a pleasant, quiet Sunday Brunch. The Eggs Benedict had a different twist using Prosciutto on Italian bread instead of the usual making them very tasty. We did think a $14.00 Mimosa was a bit much but all in all it was a good start to the daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leopard at cafe des artistes- greatguy11976VIPDined on 10/5/2014From the moment we walked through the door, we were treated like old friends. The food was imaginative and the wine was superior to many at 2 or 3 times the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomeoDined on 10/4/2014Eccellente,real Italian food,real Italian products and real Italian manager/owner/chefs....elegant very,very attentive manager we love itSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014Great room with lovely murals. Many of the diners are well dressed (sport coats and bow ties on many guys). Food is good if a bit sparse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely Satisfyingfwp209Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant was perfect for the mix of social and business interaction. Our table was private, it was not too loud, the food was excellent, and the meal was well paced. I will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and comfortable91EuclidDined on 10/1/2014I have had several meals here over the past five years and can recommend The Leopard for a quiet evening with someone you care about. Combine it with a Lincoln Center performance and enjoy.Special Features:
- THEZEESDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful food ..and service was outstanding! Crowd is a bit older, but if you are going to focus on your company, it's a wonderful place for dinner, conversation, wine, and a comfortable non rushed atmosphere. I already have reservations for the following week.Special Features:
- A spectacular experienceMiDiaDFWVIPDined on 9/28/2014The service could not have been better - the food superb and the overall experience one of the finest dining evenings we have had in NYC in quite some timeSpecial Features:
- WonderfulReteDined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and we selected Leopard for lunch. The restaurant decore was pleasing, the service was oustanding, the brunch menu was short and inviting. It is a very special place. The pricing was very reasonable. Can't wait to go back on our enxt trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juneDined on 9/17/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. The food, service and ambience were great.Special Features:
- Terrific ExperienceGeorgeandClaireDined on 9/17/2014With attentive service and a great menu we had a wonderful time and look forward to our return. Our meals were well prepared and delicious. We relaxed without any pressure to order or leave for another seating. Truly a memorable experience.Special Features:
- simplepleasuresVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great dinner. We were not rushed and had a very enjoyable evening. The noise level at the restaurant easily allowed for conversation. Food was perfectly prepared, creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCCDINERVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our table of four for Sunday night dinner had a wonderful experience. Henry the sommelier steered us to excellent wines, our server was efficient and friendly. The food was terrific: best pork chop ever, tasty pasta's,profiteroles were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ihatenicknamesVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is an exceptional restaurant and a great dining experience. This is truly FINE dining. I love the Sunday evening BYOB option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch experience!foodiefriendDined on 9/14/2014We had a lovely brunch at the Leopard, the setting was beautiful and the food was simply amazing. Plenty of options on the menu to satisfy all in our party offering a delicate mix of brunch essentials and new dishes to try. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- rcacciatoVIPDined on 9/13/2014It was a lovely spot and wonderful meal to celebrate our 28th anniversary. We hadn't been since the Café des Artistes closed and were very pleased with our evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slap dash service & overpricedJinnycDined on 9/13/2014If you want to go to see the murals, stick to the pasta and lower your expectationsSpecial Features:
- Stuffy but deliciousRichVIPDined on 9/12/2014Understand that you're near Central Park and dress appropriately. The atmosphere is anything but casual and relaxed. Yet it is cozy and romantic, and a lovely space covered in tasteful murals. The service is excellent. The food isn't daring, but it's quite modern and absolutely delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection with indulgent flavor and texture. They save the creativity for dessert, which is also excellent. This is a perfect spot for a romantic meal before or after a show at Lincoln Center.Special Features:
- Delightful dining!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 9/10/2014For a romantic tete-a-tete, this restaurant is a must! Sublime pasta, every dish cooked to perfection and out-of-this-world desserts!! Highly recommended for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2014very disappointed, was expecting the likes of café de artiste
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/8/2014Including its prior incarnation, i have been visiting the Leopard for 35 years and it never fails to deliver a pleasant dining experience. Very good food, attentive service, good recommendation on the wine to accompany dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from all points of viewFabioVIPDined on 9/6/2014I am Italian and I am very picky about Italian food. This is definitely one of the best Italian restaurants in the city. Ambience is nice and service flawless. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCdinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014We shared an order of grilled octopus w/ potato salad as a starter - the octopus was extremely tender - a wonderful dish! My wife had Colorado lamb chops as her entrée, which was fabulous. I had the veal loin, which was just average (the veal was flattened ala veal scallopini).Special Features:
- Host at door was unfriendly.GunkieDined on 8/30/2014Very dissatisfied with this experience. We have eaten here a number of times. We were treated badly this time. Our prior request for our favorite table was ignored. The waiter was not accommodating regarding allergies and substitutions. We will not return.
- Dinner was fabulous!DeniseVIPDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is beautiful, Service fabulous and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and GraciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We used to go to Cafe des Artistes years ago. Decided to give this a try on recent trip to NYC. We were so pleased to find even better service than we remember. Staff was attentive in a quiet, comfortable way. We had an 8 year old child with us, and they were very welcoming. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meet and greet .lv2eatDined on 8/18/2014My 99 yrs guess arrived 30 mins before opening . Staff was in the middle of setting up and the gladly showed her a comfortable seat . Upon my arrival we were given a lovely corner table as I requested . Our Captain was warm and very funny friendly . We stayed for 3 hours and was not rushed . Food well prepared and served on time . All in all we had an excellent evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningFineDiner3Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Leopard at des Artistes. We received very good service and the food was great. We each had the veal marsala as an entre and I had the lentil soup (served piping hot!) We were also given two appetizer tastings that were compliments of the house. The desert was delicious. I had the berries in "soup." and my husband had the cake and coffee ice cream. The only thing we were surprised at was when the waiter didn't refill our wine glasses in a timely manner. He'd kept the bottle toward the back in an ice bucket so it wasn't near us. The wall decor filled with wonderful paintings was quite lovely. I would definitely go back with my girl friends for lunch as well. It reminded me of the Carlyle Room..very elegant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sureEsq54VIPDined on 8/15/2014I went in thinking that I would have a great meal. From all I heard the food was very good. Perhaps it was because I ordered the Restaurant Week meal, or perhaps it was because it was just two women dining, but the service was rushed the food was ok. I don't think I would rush back. There are many other great restaurants in the area.
- C'est tres bien!diananycDined on 8/15/2014Have dined at what was the Café des Artistes, so I was impressed with the renovation. It has opened up the space, added light so you can view those magnificent murals. Our dining experience was made more enjoyable due to our wait staff, Adrian. He was attentive and quite knowledgeable re: food preparation, ingredients and the wine list. The veal special was excellent as were the desserts. We'll be back.Special Features:
- yumyumVIPDined on 8/14/2014Too noisy - was Restaurant Week for a 7 pm reservation--couldn't have a conversation.Special Features: