5750 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelarchmont.com/
- Phone: (323) 464-4277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm | Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Opening for Sunday brunch starting on May 12, 2013, from 11AM to 3PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Don Gragg & Cody Diegel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our kitchen also provides catering for off-site events as well. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor room seats parties up to 40 people and includes a lounge area and outdoor balcony for pre-dinner cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Working with our chef, we can design a menu that fits with any of your needs, whether it be a wine and hors d'oeuvres gathering or a multi-course dinner. The second floor room is available for both lunch and dinner parties. In addition, the entire restaurant is available, with seating for 85 downstairs and 40 upstairs.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Kass 3234644277
A word from The Larchmont
The Larchmont is redefining the idea of the classic American Bistro. Located in a charming two story craftsman-style home, The Larchmont offers delicious, farm to table, Californian cuisine in a welcoming setting, and friendly service. The menu is creatively built around the variety of American cuisines that bring cultures together with seasonally selected ingredients passionately prepared. The wine list offers selections from emerging wine regions and from boutique wineries in California and elsewhere around the world. The Larchmont is a place where you will always be greeted with a smile and know that you are in store for a great meal that will surprise you. It's the perfect place for a business lunch, special celebration, or a dinner gathering with friends or family. Welcome, we look forward to having you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Larchmont - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
The Larchmont reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (41)great for outdoor dining (33)romantic (25)special occasion (20)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (11)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ALWAYS GREATthankfulVIPDined on 11/22/2014I've been to Larchmont a number of times this year and they never disappoint. A special place with a warm romantic atmosphere that is very friendly. And the food is superb. I stick to wine as I find the cocktails overpriced for what they deliver -- but that's the case with any upscale restaurant these days. It seems to be the age of ridiculously pretentious "mixology." (I actually had one bartender, not at Larchmont, tell me that St. Germaine was "bar ketchup." Spare me. And honestly, I don't want a fancy block of ice that takes up 2/3 of my glass.) I'm southern so I do love a good cocktail, but I'm slowly learning to just order my standard gin-tonic! However, I don't hold the cocktails against Larchmont. I know restaurants make their money on booze. Larchmont is excellent on all the important levels. Go there with someone you love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatMarguliesVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a wonderful, wonderful time ... beautiful "home" and area and the food was delish and the service very friendly and upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent; Alcohol Over-pricedUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food was excellent. Salmon was really delicious as were the lentils. Duck was also very good. However, the cost of alcoholic drinks and wine is too high and the amount you get is really skimpy. Drinks were good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Worth Repeat VisitsjdinehVIPDined on 11/7/2014California fusion with a Mediterranean bias, plus a very tempting hamburger. Almost enclosed patio is very inviting, but be prepared to have conversations interrupted by motorcycles roaring by on Melrose Avenue, which his only about 10 paces away and, though not seen, is very much heard. Eaten there at least 3 times and so far never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a fantastic evening. The restaurant graciously accommodated a last minute addition of two guests, for a total of six. Table set and ready for our 9pm arrival. Service was attentive and friendly. Ambience cozy and quiet. Menu, varied and delicious, perfectly prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute and Quaintmbl5Dined on 10/29/2014Good food, nice selection and their custom made soda's are delightful. The only issue is the noise from Melrose traffic, otherwise it is darling.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereDormouse25Dined on 10/24/2014This is a home that has been converted into a dining experience. It gives it a very nice home and cozy feeling. The outdoor deck is mostly enclosed, but yet you still feel like you are outdoors. The wait staff was efficient and friendly. The food was delicious. I had the Salmon and my friend had the Lamb. The lamb was extremely well cooked; very tender and juicy.Special Features:
- FOOD-tasticRosenthaljcVIPDined on 10/11/2014Three of us said - "This is the best chicken I have ever tasted." Our server, Brock, was friendly, attentive and had great suggestions for food and wine. Stop reading this review and make a reservation. This place is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Farm to Table Restaurant!LeslieDined on 10/11/2014Our server told us everything on the menu was great & he was right! I had the kale salad & lamb meatballs - both amazing! I will be back to try the other items on the menu - it was difficult to decide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minimalist and refined!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014The Larchmont is one of our favorite restaurants on Melrose Ave. We love the minimalist white look and the sophisticated lighting. The servers are very helpful and attentive and the food is delicious. Hope to return every time we visit Los Angeles!Special Features:
- The Larchmont is superbcarlDined on 10/4/2014We visited on a quiet night. The service was spot on. She had the "burger" which was great with the best fries anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed the Moroccan Lamb with Couscous. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Other Reviewers are Right!homebodyVIPDined on 10/4/2014I chose The Larchmont on the basis of the many 5* reviews on Open Table. Every one of them is spot on. Our server was really fun, as were the other people we encountered. We are still talking about the octopus salad (if you don't like octopus, you might order a plain version, just to have that delicious vinaigrette). The pasta dish with mushrooms was also fantastic. The heirloom tomatoes on our salad and bruschetta had more flavor than any I've had all year, and I go to a farmer's market weekly. The bartender made a great martini, and the server recommended the perfect wine for the meal. My only regret is that I don't live in L.A., so I can't go there regularly. But if I did, I would!Special Features:
- LKAKDined on 10/3/2014The food was very good. Wine by the glass was also very nice. Service is not quite there. Had to look hard to find someone so we could get a second glass of wine. Also, they don't come back to the table once the entree is served. Servers are friendly enough, just not too organized.Special Features:
- Romantic spot. Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance is perfect for date night. The restuarant looks like a converted house. The food was great. We ordered the side of brussel sprouts but it could have used a little more acide (lemon juice) to brighten up the flavors. My date and I also ordered the tuna tartare, the octopus salad, steak frites and duck confit, chocolate pot de creme. All were excellent and well prepared. The tuna tartare was probably one of the best I've had anywhere. My two constructive feedback points: (1) When the restaurant got busy, service slowed down. I know it gets busy, but it was a Saturday night and the restaurant should have been prepared with more servers. (2) A more expansive wine list. The wine list was okay, but not great.Special Features:
- Our G0-To placeProfHalDined on 9/26/2014We celebrate all our special occasions here, take out of town friends here. The waiters even remember our little food preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectJstarchildDined on 9/24/2014The Larchmont always exceeds expectations. The food is delicious, the wine and cocktails are divine, and the staff are well-mannered and thoroughly knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The atmosphere is lovely.Special Features:
- thankfulVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great place. I've never had a bad experience at The Larchmont. Wonderful food and service, and a very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placedpk2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, ambiance, and reasonable price. Won't be disappointed, our waiter was great he made the special sound delicious and it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JcosVIPDined on 9/19/2014being a premier "foodie" with 7,000 points here on Open Table this year- this is my top rated dining in LA - best calamari salad - best crispy duck with Yukon mash and succotash - best fig tart with honey comb and crème fresh = best serving staff = best hostess = best valet my compliments to the chef and staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014even though the service was fair, the server was aware of it, and made up for it with kindness and comped 2 drinks and desert. The food was great!Special Features:
- Great quality fooddeborahDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful presentations and the food is excellent. Loved the combinations of flavors and ingredients chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great on a Friday nightdateniteout1Dined on 8/1/2014Have been several times on a Friday night. Food always hits the spot. Summer cocktail was great...refreshing and not too sweet. Service attentive at all levels. Will be back.Special Features:
- The following 254 reviews are from the The Larchmont reviews archive.
- Charm In LADeborahVIPDined on 7/23/2014Finally tried another place on the bucket list because of DineLA. The place is absolutely charming in a modern way. It's an updated bungalow awash in white yet feels warm and cozy. The service was great, The mixology drinks yummy though not a fan of the old fashioned champagne glass they're served in. The food was very good but not great. The 3 courses were served beautifully with very fresh ingredients but I think the flavors could have been more vibrant and distinctive. The dessert was a bit sweet for us. Perhaps we ordered the wrong thing. We will definitely be back to try the regular menu. Seems like a great place to have a drink and apps on the patio.Special Features:
- Tasty food, friendly serviceKatiebird1Dined on 7/21/2014I had the rack of lamb, which was cooked perfectly and was accompanied by a refreshing frisee salad with goat cheese. My dining companion had the corn soup -- a puree with a lot of corn flavor and some mushrooms and bacon. She also had the salmon, which she enjoyed. We ate outside, and since the restaurant is on a busy road, there is a lot of traffic noise. Our server was a bit overwhelmed at the beginning of our visit but soon caught up and was charming and attentive.Special Features:
- Great experience!AKLosAngelesDined on 7/21/2014The service was incredible as was the food! Thank you as always for a great dinner!Special Features:
- Almost PerfectWickedwitch2Dined on 7/19/2014I treated my son to a birthday dinner at The Larchmont during DineLA Week. I'm a sucker for Craftsman bungalows, and this one, although very modern inside, is beautiful. The service was outstanding, from the minute we met the hostess until we left after our meal. 'Though they were out of the dessert I wanted (pot de crème), everything we had was beautifully presented and very creative. Only negatives were 1) people seated at the table next to ours were extremely noisy, and 2) extra charge for refills on my iced tea. (I was charged for two glasses; a quality restaurant DOES NOT CHARGE for refills.) Still, the good outweighed the bad, and I would love to return to The Bungalow. Love the patio!Special Features:
- Gets betterEasy2pleaseDined on 7/17/2014Been here before a while back. Food was delicious, the service outstanding and the place is very casually sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!lfadVIPDined on 7/8/2014I love this place. The food is exceptional and the wine list is perfect and the service can't be beat.Special Features:
- Very goodTimHailandDined on 6/26/2014The food excellent, as was the friendly efficient waiter - great quiet ambienceSpecial Features:
- DivineLarchmontDined on 6/2/2014Moroccan dish, hamburger, special maryland crab cake and banana creme bruleee, all amazing!! on and the french fries cooked so perfect, one of the best meals we've had!!Special Features:
- It Wasn't OpenMeriVIPDined on 6/1/2014I made the reservation and I showed up and it isn't open on Sundays. Please fix this so people don't get stuck with he same awful experience. I trust your app and this really upset me. I drove 20 miles and had to find somewhere else to eat.
- Lovely LunchOfmascheroniVIPDined on 5/29/2014I had never been to The Larchmont before, but I would recommend to all my co-workers for lunch. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute and cosyMunchiMunchiDined on 5/24/2014It is a residential house converted to a restaurant and done tastefully. It is very quaint and the service was impeccable! Food was great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsmsmcdowallVIPDined on 5/22/2014The Larchmont is in our neighborhood and every once in a while we just have to go for the Kale Salad. It is absolutely the best I have ever had. It is so big that we usually share an entree. Often the chicken under a brick which is very hearty; this time we had the scallops special and the scallops were perfectly prepared. The lamb is also excellent. This is not an inexpensive restaurant but they are very accommodating and have really good food. They have a patio as well which is surprisingly nice given that it is right on Melrose Ave. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Tasty food great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/22/2014Always enjoy coming here. The service and atmosphere are wonderful. And the food is delicious. My one issue would be the choices for wines by the glass which rarely change and which I don't feel are up to par with the food which as really top notch.Special Features:
- The LarchmontOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2014Overall our experience was very positive. THe place is lovely and the food was DELICIOUS. I'm not sure why this place isn't on everyone's top 20 list in Los Angeles. The food really was some of the best we have had in L.A. Our only criticism was the service. They were understaffed by at least one waitperson. We waited a long time between courses and our water glasses were never refilled unless we grabbed a busboy and asked for more. We had to have another waitperson ask our waiter to bring us the bill so we could go. That said, our waiter was very nice, and super knowledgeable about the menu. Overall, a very pleasant experience, we will certainly be back.
- Over the top WonderfuldmozDined on 5/17/2014we have been to the Larchmont a few times over the past couple of years, and our most recent experience ranks as one of the best dining experiences EVER! Maitre 'd was gracious and accommodating as we shifted our choice of seating; Service was superb; Food amazing, from starters through entrees. .Special Features:
- What a Find!FoodFightDined on 5/17/2014Chose Larchmont for a family celebration involving 3 generations, and all had a wonderful time and great food. Menu is nicely varied - good specials and good bar.Special Features:
- I'm sold!MarcfromShermanOaksDined on 5/17/2014This was my first time at The Larchmont. I went there on a date. The whole experience was perfect: relaxed, quiet, very tasteful setting; great service and great food. I highly recommend it. Thanks!!Special Features:
- Long wait for good foodTallulaBDined on 5/16/2014Our party of 6 had a 9pm reservation on a Friday night. We were seated upstairs during the heat wave, and it was sweltering up there. We waited 1/2 hour for a waiter to take our order, even though we could see the manager or owner, who ever he was, sitting at a table close by with a friend. At one point we asked him if he could find our waiter and he seemed shocked that we hadn't been helped yet. But another 10 minutes went by with no service (manager was back at his table) so I found a waiter downstairs and asked for immediate service. Eventually we got service from a great waiter, who was very attentive. The food was excellent, but they were severely understaffed for a Friday night, which seems like a basic management 101 issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.