5750 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelarchmont.com/
- Phone: 3234644277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm | Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Opening for Sunday brunch starting on May 12, 2013, from 11AM to 3PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Don Gragg & Cody Diegel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our kitchen also provides catering for off-site events as well. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor room seats parties up to 40 people and includes a lounge area and outdoor balcony for pre-dinner cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Working with our chef, we can design a menu that fits with any of your needs, whether it be a wine and hors d'oeuvres gathering or a multi-course dinner. The second floor room is available for both lunch and dinner parties. In addition, the entire restaurant is available, with seating for 85 downstairs and 40 upstairs.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Kass 3234644277
A word from The Larchmont
The Larchmont is redefining the idea of the classic American Bistro. Located in a charming two story craftsman-style home, The Larchmont offers delicious, farm to table, Californian cuisine in a welcoming setting, and friendly service. The menu is creatively built around the variety of American cuisines that bring cultures together with seasonally selected ingredients passionately prepared. The wine list offers selections from emerging wine regions and from boutique wineries in California and elsewhere around the world. The Larchmont is a place where you will always be greeted with a smile and know that you are in store for a great meal that will surprise you. It's the perfect place for a business lunch, special celebration, or a dinner gathering with friends or family. Welcome, we look forward to having you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Larchmont - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
The Larchmont reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (19)romantic (16)great for lunch (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lighting issues?WillowVIPDined on 11/9/2013This place could use a little help with the ambiance but the food is really good and the staff is very friendly. We asked to sit on the patio but when we couldn't read the menu due to the "mood lighting" we moved to the bar where we could see. Lucky for us because we ordered quickly and were able to make it to our next location on time. We bumped into some friends coming in after us who ended up walking out after waiting 90 minutes for their appetizers. That really suggests a disconnect here along with the fact that not being able to see anything while sitting outside was somewhat of a turn-off. It feels a little stuffy to me inside so that is why the patio seemed preferable. Hope they turn up the lights a little because the food is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeToddybearDined on 11/8/2013Have been meaning to go for dinner for ages and finally made it. Wonderful atmosphere, great service and great food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Scene, Not For MeLarchmont4MeDined on 11/6/2013Quick review: Very good food. Committed servers. Good bartender. Young, vibrant crowd. Indoor/outdoor vibe. Overall it's a scene, as they say. Lots of younger industry types. However, it's not for me. Far too noisy with acoustics that amplify rather than modify sound. They don't need my business, they're very successful and I wish them nothing but the best!Special Features:
- Excellent mealgbs12345VIPDined on 11/2/2013We had a terrific meal at The Larchmont on Saturday night. We had two salads and several sides, which we all split and they were all very good. We all ordered different entrees -- salmon, lamb shoulder, pork tenderloin and venison -- and everyone thought theirs was very tasty. Our waitress was terrific; she knew the menu and offered up just the right number of suggestions. Corkage was $25 -- the most I'll grudgingly accept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Be sure and ask to sit with Colin! He will turn your meal into a dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2013What a wonderful meal. Food was delicious, ambiance was great and the service was excellent. My only complaint would be that the wine list was very limited. There were only 10 bottles of Red Wine from which to choose and of those only two were from California. We brought our own wine which they graciously opened for what is now a typical corkage fee in LA of $25/bottle. I consider this restaurant a "must try" for anyone within a 20-30 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Don't miss this gemTGDinerDined on 10/30/2013Where to start. I took a client for lunch. I wanted a nice quiet place to conduct business. When I walked in there was Robert Kass, restauranteur extraordinaire. I knew I was in great hands and wouldn't be disappointed. Loved the food! Tasty. Quiet ambiance. Clean and fresh environment. Can't wait to go back. Congratulations to the whole team. Fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Larchmont Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/29/2013Food is very good but all the comfort and cozy atmosphere is gone, replaced by stark white and little else.
- Excellent Atmosphere and FoodRickyTVIPDined on 10/26/2013Went here sort of last-minute because they had good reviews and ample reservations available for a Saturday night. It was 2 couples and we had a great waiter who as friendly and new the menu well. The restaurant itself is very cute, it's a converted house and it feels like you're going to a beach house or something. The steak frites were delicious as was everyone else's food! Will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charmingwolfDined on 10/26/2013Larchmont was great. Food was excellent. No disappointment. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Waitress was helpful in making selections. Restaurant is charming, warm, welcoming. We were celebrating a birthday and the restaurant helped make the evening thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable food and ambience6LassiesVIPDined on 10/22/2013wow, this redesign of the former Larchmont Grill is wow Wow WOW! The house is so romantic and beautifully redone. I felt like I was in the Hamptons or on Sunset Beach in a very exclusive home. The food was delicious - steak frites and a chopped salad, a perfect power lunch just near Paramount Studios. can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough steakcmschusterVIPDined on 10/22/2013I expected a really good steak frites. The French fries were delicious, which was lucky because the steak, ordered rare, was hardly even pink and full of gristle. Because I was a guest and didn't feel like making a fuss, I didn't complain or send it back. Another guest ordered the same meal, and his steak looked better and was not overcooked. Otherwise, I like the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodAnnieDined on 10/18/2013This is a cute old house transformed into a nice restaurant. The food was amazing, some excellent diversity to choose from on the menu. Everyone liked the specialty cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larchmont GemCbdoubleagentDined on 10/17/2013Had lunch with a client - loved the menu - staff was very nice and very helpful - I felt like I walked into someone's summer home and I loved it from the moment I stepped in ! Food was very good and I will definatley return ! Great for business lunch, out with friends and great place for a romantic lunch or dinner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!SarahmpDined on 10/5/2013What a terrific experience! From stunning starters like the Pork Belly that melted in my mouth, to a most wonderful grilled octopus salad with a chili infused dressing, to an entree of sauted scallops surrounded by fresh corn relish, the food was simply fabulous...It was only equalled by the outstanding mixed drinks, make of fresh ingredients, prepared, served by a refreshingly friendly and warm staff. The simplicity of the atmosphere gives one an opportunity to see, taste and enjoy rather exceptionally tasted and plated food in a heightened way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemTasteDelightDined on 10/5/2013The Larchmont is what LA has been waiting for. A real gem that has come on the scene in a calm cool and collective manner. Not the typical new LA hot spot that over hypes itself. The Larchmont has taken care to give its customers a warm, clean and chic decor with a chef that has perfected his craft. The dinner experience is one of a kind that makes you want to tell a friend and plan your next visit. It will make a regular out of you from your first experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2013Server was great. Restaurant was very nice , pea soup amazing and food overall tasty. I'll go back.Special Features:
- What a great surprise!DavidVIPDined on 9/26/2013I chose The Larchmont after a dinner date canceled. I just looked for something interesting in the area and easy to book on Open Table. What a great surprise it turned out to be. Service was top notch, with just the right amount of attention and suggestions on what was great on the menu. Ambiance was delightful--I sat on the patio, which was a bit magical. And the food was pretty terrific. Steak Frites made just the way I like it--generous, lightly charred, with extra crunchy fries. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Lovely OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2013Walking thru the doors feels like you are miles away from the Melrose strip. Great outdoor dining. Charming with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!AlanaVIPDined on 9/20/2013The best vegetables I have had in forever... SO Fresh. The server was new and it was busy, so the service was slower but it was worth it. And the owner Robert came by to apology and we felt very welcomed.Special Features:
- Healthy, fresh and deliciousTheLarchmontDined on 9/20/2013Healthy, fresh and delicious food. We loved everything we tried and will come back as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great Overall DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2013Comfortable and attractive dining room. Spot on service. Delicious food. What else could you ask for. I will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new ownership has really madeGregVIPDined on 9/3/2013new ownership has really made their mark. food taste and prep are terrific. dont tell too many people so we can always get in!Special Features:
- Came in the last minute. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2013Came in the last minute. Food and service were great. Thoroughly enjoyable. Will be back.Special Features:
- Didn't get our money's wortheatingout2Dined on 8/14/2013Beautiful space, excellent service, good wine list, sadly our food was so so. The highly touted chicken under a brick was savory but nothing special, pasta underdone. The mussels were particularly disappointing, had a strange charred taste, no liquid to sop up with the bread that was included. And the bill for three was $325 before tip. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- LarchmontOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013While this new restaurant in the Craftsman House formerly home to the fantastic Larchmont Grill has modernized the interior and gone the way of Bodega Louis in Downtown , making an all white space with nothing to absorb sound. While th food and service is great, the volume level was so high that I could often not hear my own table mates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely and fun dinner with the girlbuttersDined on 8/13/2013Delicious food, attentive waiter and a great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2013Larchmont is an oasis of tasty treats and civility. A true gem in the middle of the noise and traffic and mayhem of Melrose as it merges into Paramount Studios. Tried a lot of small bites. Loved the pork belly, the mussels. Others in my group raved about the steak and the chicken. Great cocktails. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not the GrillKCsMomVIPDined on 7/24/2013The Patio is noisy...the menu is good, but limited. The Moroccan Lamb is spicy and the pan seared Salmon was good... but it just isn't the same. The extremely limited menu is a disappointment... many of the old favorites like the seafood appetizers are sorely missed. Not sure if I will come back, the memories of the old restaurant are too strong.
- Neighborhood Gem IndeedOneGayCurmudgeonDined on 7/22/2013If I lived in Larchmont, this would be in the rotation for dinner. Great vibe, attentive and friendly service. The bar is small (hence I didn't check 'vibrant bar scene'), but that minimizes the talent behind the bar and the really great drinks that we had. The space is warm and inviting. Management seems approachable and enthusiastic.Special Features:
- Changed but its betterLewisDined on 7/12/2013The Larchmont Grill has been a neighborhood restaurant for 25 years. A husband a wife bought it and made it into a meeting place. When they sold, itretained the atmoshphere but the menu was not exciting. Its changed again and the food has taken a slightly upscale turn that is for the good. The specials included Bronzino (the size of a whale) and a Tomahawk Rib eye that was as good as any steakhouse in town. The roased brussels were delicious. A full bar and could not manage to squeeze out a Bloody Mary (Huh?) but a nice wine list that would complement any menu with wines that you are probably not familiar . A really nice experience and on the list to return.Special Features:
- We loved The LarchmontFoodiefamilyDined on 7/8/2013The Larchmont food and service were both excellent! Inventive menu. The patio is great. Our waiter was super. It's great to have such a terrific restaurant right in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant under a slightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2013This restaurant under a slightly different name was a neighborhood charm. New name and renovation have missed the mark. Service was poor, dining room loud and chef unwilling to make substitutions for anyone with dietary restrictions. We won't be back.
- Romantic and Wonderful CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2013This is a great place to keep in your back pocket and take your special someone to for an occasion once in a while. Keep it special because it always is, the service is great and the food wonderful all for a moderate price with many plates around $25-35 and some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!WillowVIPDined on 6/22/2013Reading some of the reviews on here, I couldn't help but see how much this restaurant is being compared to it predecessor Larchmont Grill. LG has been our favorite restaurant in LA for years so my husband and I were really curious as well. We definitely were comparing it to our old favorite (unfair) but we weren't disappointed! The food here is great and the service is outstanding. Our waiter made us feel warm and welcome and took good care of us. The chicken under a brick is delicious as are the Brussel sprouts. The lamb dish delicious as well. The only thing we both wished for was a wine list that was a bit more interesting. It would be nice if they perked theirs up a bit. All in all a really good restaurant. We will be back for sure!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2013KALE SALAD WAS THE BEST EVER. BRANZINO SPECIALITY OF THE NIGHT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER TERRIFIC, POLITE AND ENTHUSIASTIC WAITER, BUT NOT OVERLY TOO FRIENDLY - WAS PROFESSIONAL. FUN, BRIGHT ATMOSPHERE - SPARKLING.Special Features:
- This was our second time sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013This was our second time since The Larchmont opened. Love it!Special Features:
- Delicious and FunReviewer1955Dined on 5/31/2013Good food coming out of the kitchen, lively atmosphere on the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013We arrived, two couples, for an early dinner. Although restaurant was empty, they were out of much of what we wanted to order: mussels, which were on the menu, and soft-shelled crabs, which had just been announced to us as one of that day's specials. The waiter seemed uninformed, somewhat befuddled, and was not helpful at all. The food that finally did arrive was tasy and well-prepared, but portions were meager. Will not return.
- clean, fresh, simple and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2013The atomosphere and outdoor dining is great, perfect for a date or friends night out.....food is seasonal and fresh, not a scene but yet still has a great vibe, modern....friendly staff and front of the house, they make you feel welcome, and its nice to have a neighborhood joint that you still feel like you are out on the town....give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.