5750 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelarchmont.com/
- Phone: (323) 464-4277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm | Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Opening for Sunday brunch starting on May 12, 2013, from 11AM to 3PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Don Gragg & Cody Diegel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our kitchen also provides catering for off-site events as well. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor room seats parties up to 40 people and includes a lounge area and outdoor balcony for pre-dinner cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Working with our chef, we can design a menu that fits with any of your needs, whether it be a wine and hors d'oeuvres gathering or a multi-course dinner. The second floor room is available for both lunch and dinner parties. In addition, the entire restaurant is available, with seating for 85 downstairs and 40 upstairs.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Kass 3234644277
A word from The Larchmont
The Larchmont is redefining the idea of the classic American Bistro. Located in a charming two story craftsman-style home, The Larchmont offers delicious, farm to table, Californian cuisine in a welcoming setting, and friendly service. The menu is creatively built around the variety of American cuisines that bring cultures together with seasonally selected ingredients passionately prepared. The wine list offers selections from emerging wine regions and from boutique wineries in California and elsewhere around the world. The Larchmont is a place where you will always be greeted with a smile and know that you are in store for a great meal that will surprise you. It's the perfect place for a business lunch, special celebration, or a dinner gathering with friends or family. Welcome, we look forward to having you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Larchmont - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
The Larchmont reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (25)special occasion (20)good for groups (17)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful restaurantKayayDined on 1/21/2014Went here for Dine LA with friends and the menu was great. It did not feel like a Dine LA experience where you did not get enough food or the food was of lower quality than on regular nights. The servers were attentive and gave great recommendations for the cocktails (which are not to be missed). It's a converted house and the ambiance was great. We also loved the music playing upstairs. My friends and I will definitely be returning even after Dine LA ends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Very GoodBigeaterDined on 12/31/2013We had dinner for four at the Larchmont. The food was excellent. Service was good not great, though there was no pressure to leave the table (which was nice). I would recommend the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soulful little spotjudatudeDined on 12/31/2013I like intimate restaurants with character and the Larchmont fit the bill. On trend, yet not flashy, straight forward fare with polish and inventive fresh cocktails. Though not really child centric the restaurant proved very accomodating to my 4 year old who joined us for our early New Years Eve dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Master Chef!googlefiberDined on 12/27/2013Sustainable, organic, grass fed, small farm to plate menu - everything I dream for a restaurant to deliver - tucked away in the comfort of an old house in the beautiful Larchmont neighborhood. This is my fourth visit and each time the brilliant young Chef Cody Diegel has visited our table to ensure we enjoyed the food. Did we ever! Best kale salad on the planet, brussels, and the vanilla lobster risotto will change your life. Also, we've had Collin twice as our waiter - top shelf service - funny, knowledgable, a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab FindCatherineGDined on 12/23/2013Total FIVE STAR in my book. We have been twice: once with friends and once for a huge party upstairs. Delicious food, great service and an over all special find in Los Angeles!Special Features:
- Delightful eveningChristinaDined on 12/18/2013We had our staff party there and had an excellent time. The cocktails were interesting and not disappointing. The food selection covered both the vegetarians as well as the carnivores. Didn't have room for dessert but enjoyed a nice dessert wine. The staff was attentive and quite attractive. They all appeared to be relatives of Nate Berkus. : ) There were 6 of us and we could all hear each other and participate in the conversation. It was a very successful evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- What a gem!lisaDined on 12/18/2013Love this place. The food, service and ambiance was excellent. The kale salad was delicious. Fries rocked! And topped it off with the chocolate pot de creme. The perfect meal. Great spot to meet a friend for a relaxing lunch but I would love to return for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2013Have dined there twice with three different people. The food is interesting without being silly, and all of it has been delicious. The room is charming and low noise, service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itVTinDTLAVIPDined on 12/14/2013Every single dish we got was delicious. From cocktails to salads to entrees. We were too full for desserts, but I'm sure those would've been good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and credit card charrgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Service was very slow Waiter didi not smile I was charges a gratuity charge that I could not see was all ready in the total amount. Too dark to really see the bill I add in a second gratuity $57.96 which I want refunded. I have contacted the Credit card people to dispute the charge
- Very pleased with the newOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013Very pleased with the new owners and chef. Food was beyond expectations. Thank you.Special Features:
- melrose and vine areaKGkgDined on 12/5/2013Great little find in the Melrose and Larchmont neighbourhood which is not far from West Hollywood. Highest quality fish, and the vegetables were fresh and perfectly cooked. The kale salad was magnificent. Those who had pork were impressed and very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great ThanksgivingpundetteDined on 11/28/2013No one wanted to cook, everyone wanted to eat well. The Larchmont supplied enough options in their holiday buffet to make all five of us happy, even providing a special stuffing option for the vegetarians. And the price was extremely fair for the quality. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnerHerbieDined on 11/28/2013Went for their Thanksgiving buffet. The ambience was great. We went with friends + our 4 yr old and there were other kids there too which was nice. A mix of families, people on dates, local Larchmont/Hancock Park types. Great scene. The food was delicious. Our waiter was great. Service was pretty slow that night but it was very crowded so it was kind of expected. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving 2013Kitty2050VIPDined on 11/28/2013We had a lovely dinner, but were surprised when we were seated on a heated cover patio. Wish we had known that before we arrived. Food and service were great. Would do it again and request indoor seating by the fireplace. Have been there before and the food and wine are excellent!Special Features:
- A delightful surpriseHomeiragDined on 11/26/2013My husband and I are foodies. I look for interesting dining experiences and Larchmont delivered. I had no idea what to expect. With its charming understated sophisticated ambiance, it had me from the minute we walked in. Fabulous food sensibility from the octopus salad, kale salad to desert. I would love to go back.Special Features:
- Delightful!GregoryAAVIPDined on 11/26/2013As always, Larchmont never fails to disappoint. The food, service, and ambience, all A++!! Our server Colin was friendly, knowledgable, and couldn't have been more attentive. The pork belly? To die for! Thanks!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. ItLovetodineVIPDined on 11/15/2013The food was excellent. It was a great place to eat and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lived up to our expectations!funfoodDined on 11/9/2013Creative menu pared with excellent service. A winning combination. Our group of four will be back again. Great for a special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lighting issues?WillowVIPDined on 11/9/2013This place could use a little help with the ambiance but the food is really good and the staff is very friendly. We asked to sit on the patio but when we couldn't read the menu due to the "mood lighting" we moved to the bar where we could see. Lucky for us because we ordered quickly and were able to make it to our next location on time. We bumped into some friends coming in after us who ended up walking out after waiting 90 minutes for their appetizers. That really suggests a disconnect here along with the fact that not being able to see anything while sitting outside was somewhat of a turn-off. It feels a little stuffy to me inside so that is why the patio seemed preferable. Hope they turn up the lights a little because the food is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeToddybearDined on 11/8/2013Have been meaning to go for dinner for ages and finally made it. Wonderful atmosphere, great service and great food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Scene, Not For MeLarchmont4MeDined on 11/6/2013Quick review: Very good food. Committed servers. Good bartender. Young, vibrant crowd. Indoor/outdoor vibe. Overall it's a scene, as they say. Lots of younger industry types. However, it's not for me. Far too noisy with acoustics that amplify rather than modify sound. They don't need my business, they're very successful and I wish them nothing but the best!Special Features:
- Excellent mealgbs12345VIPDined on 11/2/2013We had a terrific meal at The Larchmont on Saturday night. We had two salads and several sides, which we all split and they were all very good. We all ordered different entrees -- salmon, lamb shoulder, pork tenderloin and venison -- and everyone thought theirs was very tasty. Our waitress was terrific; she knew the menu and offered up just the right number of suggestions. Corkage was $25 -- the most I'll grudgingly accept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Be sure and ask to sit with Colin! He will turn your meal into a dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2013What a wonderful meal. Food was delicious, ambiance was great and the service was excellent. My only complaint would be that the wine list was very limited. There were only 10 bottles of Red Wine from which to choose and of those only two were from California. We brought our own wine which they graciously opened for what is now a typical corkage fee in LA of $25/bottle. I consider this restaurant a "must try" for anyone within a 20-30 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Don't miss this gemTGDinerDined on 10/30/2013Where to start. I took a client for lunch. I wanted a nice quiet place to conduct business. When I walked in there was Robert Kass, restauranteur extraordinaire. I knew I was in great hands and wouldn't be disappointed. Loved the food! Tasty. Quiet ambiance. Clean and fresh environment. Can't wait to go back. Congratulations to the whole team. Fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Larchmont Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/29/2013Food is very good but all the comfort and cozy atmosphere is gone, replaced by stark white and little else.
- Excellent Atmosphere and FoodRickyTVIPDined on 10/26/2013Went here sort of last-minute because they had good reviews and ample reservations available for a Saturday night. It was 2 couples and we had a great waiter who as friendly and new the menu well. The restaurant itself is very cute, it's a converted house and it feels like you're going to a beach house or something. The steak frites were delicious as was everyone else's food! Will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charmingwolfDined on 10/26/2013Larchmont was great. Food was excellent. No disappointment. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Waitress was helpful in making selections. Restaurant is charming, warm, welcoming. We were celebrating a birthday and the restaurant helped make the evening thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable food and ambience6LassiesVIPDined on 10/22/2013wow, this redesign of the former Larchmont Grill is wow Wow WOW! The house is so romantic and beautifully redone. I felt like I was in the Hamptons or on Sunset Beach in a very exclusive home. The food was delicious - steak frites and a chopped salad, a perfect power lunch just near Paramount Studios. can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough steakcmschusterVIPDined on 10/22/2013I expected a really good steak frites. The French fries were delicious, which was lucky because the steak, ordered rare, was hardly even pink and full of gristle. Because I was a guest and didn't feel like making a fuss, I didn't complain or send it back. Another guest ordered the same meal, and his steak looked better and was not overcooked. Otherwise, I like the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodAnnieDined on 10/18/2013This is a cute old house transformed into a nice restaurant. The food was amazing, some excellent diversity to choose from on the menu. Everyone liked the specialty cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larchmont GemCbdoubleagentVIPDined on 10/17/2013Had lunch with a client - loved the menu - staff was very nice and very helpful - I felt like I walked into someone's summer home and I loved it from the moment I stepped in ! Food was very good and I will definatley return ! Great for business lunch, out with friends and great place for a romantic lunch or dinner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!SarahmpDined on 10/5/2013What a terrific experience! From stunning starters like the Pork Belly that melted in my mouth, to a most wonderful grilled octopus salad with a chili infused dressing, to an entree of sauted scallops surrounded by fresh corn relish, the food was simply fabulous...It was only equalled by the outstanding mixed drinks, make of fresh ingredients, prepared, served by a refreshingly friendly and warm staff. The simplicity of the atmosphere gives one an opportunity to see, taste and enjoy rather exceptionally tasted and plated food in a heightened way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemTasteDelightDined on 10/5/2013The Larchmont is what LA has been waiting for. A real gem that has come on the scene in a calm cool and collective manner. Not the typical new LA hot spot that over hypes itself. The Larchmont has taken care to give its customers a warm, clean and chic decor with a chef that has perfected his craft. The dinner experience is one of a kind that makes you want to tell a friend and plan your next visit. It will make a regular out of you from your first experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2013Server was great. Restaurant was very nice , pea soup amazing and food overall tasty. I'll go back.Special Features:
- What a great surprise!DavidVIPDined on 9/26/2013I chose The Larchmont after a dinner date canceled. I just looked for something interesting in the area and easy to book on Open Table. What a great surprise it turned out to be. Service was top notch, with just the right amount of attention and suggestions on what was great on the menu. Ambiance was delightful--I sat on the patio, which was a bit magical. And the food was pretty terrific. Steak Frites made just the way I like it--generous, lightly charred, with extra crunchy fries. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Lovely OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2013Walking thru the doors feels like you are miles away from the Melrose strip. Great outdoor dining. Charming with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!AlanaVIPDined on 9/20/2013The best vegetables I have had in forever... SO Fresh. The server was new and it was busy, so the service was slower but it was worth it. And the owner Robert came by to apology and we felt very welcomed.Special Features:
- Healthy, fresh and deliciousTheLarchmontDined on 9/20/2013Healthy, fresh and delicious food. We loved everything we tried and will come back as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.