The Landing @ West Neck
2484 North Landing Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23456Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Landing @ West Neck
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thelandingvb.com/
- Phone: 757-301-9604x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Brent Cowan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Landing @ West Neck
The Landing @ West Neck highlights locally sourced ingredients with an upscale casual atmosphere. Our Cuisine is inspired by fresh locally sourced products with an emphasis on seafood but with enough variety for everyone. We offer local craft beers and our cocktail menu showcases moonshine cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Landing @ West Neck - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
The Landing @ West Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (16)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)romantic (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I come to The Landing at least once a week and I've been here for 3 different birthday celebrations thus far (mine was the best lol). The Landing has a very laid back atmosphere and it's definitely a spot for most occasions. Not so much for the little ones though. I have definitely enjoyed my many nights at the bar watching football and being the guinea pig of trying different drinks the bartender comes up with. By far a great spot to hang out with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating staff & good seafoodOpus9devoteeDined on 10/18/2014The she-crab soup and the Knotts Island peach bread pudding are a must to order. We are thrilled to have this nice restaurant close to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We attended as a group of 4 for Boss's Day Lunch. We were pleasantly surprised at the daily specials, as well as various choices on the menu. Everyone got something different, each mouthful was enjoyed. Generous portions as well. Special requests and alternative were eagerly accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor serviceFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Good was excellent, but service was poor. Very loud because of high ceiling. For someone's birthday, they blared "happy birthday " song from overhead speakers-very annoying. Very hard to have a conversation with the others in my party due to noise level. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Tasty FoodDifferentDinerDined on 10/9/2014Not only was the food excellent, the portion size was enormous. We left stuffed and very satisfied. The Bread Pudding was especially good. The waiter was cordial and efficient, and while dining in a large room with a remarkably high ceiling could have been noisy and impersonal, it wasn't. Nice place to eat. We certainly got our money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place all around!BlackChairDined on 10/4/2014The Landing is a place I've been several times! My girlfriend, my family, and I have tried every thing on the menu and haven't been disappointed yet!! The staff is great and always makes sure you have a pleasurable dining experience! Three thumbs up from me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMrsGDined on 10/4/2014This is a great place for a date or anniversary. Great food and drink menu. The service was great. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Neck GemMotherMDined on 10/2/2014Glad to see a new restaurant in West Neck moving here recently kept looking for something "close" for a mid week dinner out. Found the Landing and enjoyed it. Service excellent, food selection outstanding (tomato Bisque was incredible ) for a small local restaurant but the seating needs work. Booths are very stiff. For us "mature bodies" it wasn't very comfortable. Overall will become a favorite.Special Features:
- First timer @ The LandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful dinning experience and enjoyed the new place. Finally, a restaurant with personality. Food was outstanding for both taste and presentation. Service was friendly and very accommodating. Looking forward to returning. Plan to go up for apps and drinks for game day too. Ambient noise made it loud and hard to talk during dinning which is the only area for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The Landing @ West Neck is nearby the Virginia Beach municipal center and ideal for quick, casual business lunches. We tried the shrimp plate and chicken salad plate and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our selections. Ingredients were fresh and not overly salted or prepared, which allowed the taste to shine through. Substituting fries for a vegetable made the shrimp plate a healthy choice. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldbeachgirlDined on 9/3/2014We are long supporter's of The Archor and happy for their retirement but wanted someplace close to dine, this is the place!!!! Overall the experience was wonderfully outstanding, will be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and NoisygerryDined on 8/28/2014The acoustics at The Landing were awful. Much needs to be done to keep noise levels to acceptable levels. It was so annoying that we had to move outdoors. The lighting was much too dim and coupled with the extremely small print on the menus made it almost impossible to read them. Food and service were fair at best. I had a half dozen raw oysters as an appetizer, with only one oyster qualifying as decent size. For $8, one expects a normal sized portion. Unlikely that we will ever return to this restaurant. They have a long, long way to go to becoming a " go to " place. Gerry A.
- Great find near CourthouseheymanDined on 8/23/2014We recently moved to the area (and sadly left behind the great Richmond, VA food scene). We are ECSTATIC to have The Landing nearby. The food is locally sourced, expertly prepared and set in a fantastic space that is casual upscale. Service was attentive but not overbearing. The local beer list was good (the wine list could use a revamp - it wasn't bad, just not as good as the food or beer list). VB southsiders finally have a restaurant that is worth NOT driving to Great Neck/Laskin. Support The Landing so we can have some more like it!Special Features:
- 7happyvbdiners7happyvbdinersDined on 8/23/2014We loved the decor of the dining room. The new owners have made many improvements in the seating and ambiance making for a comfortable dining experience. We made reservations for 7 and were greeted and were showed to our table promptly. Service was well timed and friendly. Travis was informative and helpful in describing the menu. The shrimp platter was amazing. We will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Fresh and fabulous new find!LiznVBDined on 8/22/2014Dining at the Landing on Friday night proved to be a very enjoyable and delicious experience. We loved our handsome and professional waiter Will, who was helpful and attentive despite having a huge party come in later in the evening. We loved the raw oysters appetizer, which was fresh and served with a nice apple mignonette sauce. I loved to the scallops entree I had that was served with red skin mashers and bok choy. The bok choy did have way too much salt in several bites and I couldn't finish that, but the scallops were prepared nicely. I enjoyed the roasted corn with bacon salsa, but there was little if any bacon noticed on my plate. Desserts were pretty good but not great. Wish it weren't so loud at times but got quieter later. Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2vbnativesDined on 8/22/2014We were long-time patrons of Anchor Inn, and are pleased to see that The Landing has kept the excellence of the food, service, and quality of the former restaurant with a completely new menu and staff. We had seafood, liquor, appetizers, wine and desert, and warned Kyle that it was not going to be our last visit.Special Features:
- JerryPungoPalaceDined on 8/17/2014Uniquely delicious! Unusual preparation on the usual entrees. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but definitely still newout2eatDined on 8/15/2014Our dinner was excellent as well as the outdoor seating area was quiet and perfect to have dinner with a few friends. Our waiter did a few things that lead me to believe he hasn't been in the restaurant industry very long. There were 7 of us at dinner and he did not ask if we wanted the bill split and brought out one check for US to all split up (which we did and we paid 4 different ways). My husband & I paid cash for our bill and he did not bring us our change (which turned out to be almost $30) and instead asked my husband "Did you want your change sir" when my husband replied "yes" the waiter had to go back inside and get it! He didn't even bring it to the table with him. He just assumed we would give it to him.Special Features:
- Great FoodtwothumbsupDined on 8/15/2014We were celebrating and wanted to stay in the neighborhood and The Landing @ West Neck was new, so we decided to try it. We weren't disappointed! All the food we tried was exceptional. The proportions were reasonable as was the cost. I REALLY appreciated the fact that they didn't try to fill you up on bread or rolls! To me that is a big plus! We started with soup, She Crab and the Du Jour which was tomato bisque. Both were outstanding and could've been a meal. Our entrée came out in a timely manner and was hot and extremely good! Well worth the money! You don't feel rushed, the wait staff was very kind as was the atmosphere. We enjoyed ourselves and will be back.Special Features:
- bonappDined on 8/8/2014We had a superb meal and an efficient waitress. The Landings is very conveniently located to our home and parking was no problem. I would recommend this restuarant to anyone.Special Features:
- just after openingluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014Staff was eager to please and food was delicious. Cream of crab soup was great, very nice menu.Special Features:
- A new find in Virginia BeachVBLocalVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took the family to dinner at the landing last night and the food was awesome. With a group of 6 we touched all areas of the menu and it was all excellent! Upscale casual with warm "barn style" vaulted ceiling and outdoor dining. Right at VB courthouse area of town convienent to many, but not stuck in a very busy commercial area. They are new and tweaking things, but the food isn't one of those things...it was great. Stop by and support local business supporting local producers...you'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- First visit to The Landing, W. NeckwestneckhappyDined on 8/3/2014We were sad to see Anchor Inn close as there are not many good choices for dining in the West Neck area. The Landing @West Neck exceeded our expectations in every area--most especially the food. We customarily go to Ruth's Chris for steak, but the N.Y. strip here was even better! Karen always liked the Anchor Inn's Tuna steak/mushroom/spinach dish, tried The Landing's Tuna-coconut risotto dish, & liked it even more. The wine- beer selections were good & I liked that we were able to sample the wine before ordering. Also happy that Bombay Sapphire is available for Martini's. Finally, our favorite 2 desserts are staples here: Key Lime Pie & Bread Pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurphDined on 8/1/2014A review was done before we left the restaurant. In essence it said that: Food presentation is very important to me and your presentation I had scallops and they were delicious. I did not leave a bite! We did wait a rather long time for our dinner and it would have been nice to have had some bread on the table. I would also like to see a chocolate choice on the dessert menu. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. There were many people from West Neck on Fri. night and I have heard only compliments with regard to their dinner. Everyone said they would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Landing @ West Neck reviews archive.