The Lab Brewing Company
30105 Agoura Road
Agoura Hills, CA 91301Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Lab Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labbrewingco.com/
- Phone: 8187350091x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: From a small dinner party to a 500 person wedding, we can bring it all. The food, the drink (we can set up a full off site bar), the music, whatever you need. Let us bring the fun.
- Private Party Facilities: The Lab Brewing Company in Agoura Hills has a wonderful private covered and heated patio.
- Private Party Contact: Roger Bott 8187350091x
- Entertainment: We feature live bands on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month. Bands range from Funk to Reggae to Rock to Bluegrass and everything in between. Check http://www.labbrewingco.com/calendar.cfm for more info. Most shows start between 9:30 and 10pm so we don't disturb the dinner crowd.
A word from The Lab Brewing Company
Beer. Food. Music. It is based on these fundamental ingredients - the trifecta of entertainment - that The LAB Brewing Co. was born. We take them all -- our beer, our food, and our music-- equally seriously. And we take great effort to combine them all to create a haven for all who share our appreciation for drinking, eating and being merry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Lab Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Date NightLoveLiveMusicDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went out for date night to Lab Brewing Co. specifically to see a band, The Accoustic Saints. We had never been before. We we're pleasantly surprised by the whole evening. The OpenTable reservation was easy and we got a great little booth. We loved the restaraunt decor. The food and service were good. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The band came on and rocked the house. We stayed til the end and had a fabulous time. We would like to see more live bands play there .Special Features:
- Great Service!KevSauceDined on 7/30/2014I went here a couple days ago with my girlfriend and had a great time. There was an amazing atmosphere, good food, and delicious beer. The service was very fast but not pushy and I even was offered a free beer! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudest Manager We've Ever MetdominojoeDined on 7/12/2014Won't be returning. Food was good when it was right but many of our orders were mixed up and /or cold. Worst of all the manager came over people who were complaining with no smile, no apology. She came over to us as well even though we didn't ask her to. She was rude to my wife and ignored me completely. She could have made things okay, but instead ruined the night with her weirdly defensive and negative attitude. It made absolutely no sense.
- Excellent beer from other breweriesWadeLovellDined on 7/2/2014The mushroom flatbread was delightful. It had a great combination of flavors, especially the pepper from the arugula and roasted garlic. The Lab's beers are, well, so-so. The Wiens Imperial Pale Lager is a disappointment but the Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout is wonderful, sweet with a clean finish. Live music in the bar was way too loud. It sounded fine in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the The Lab Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Customer service?2b2knowbusinessDined on 5/11/2014There was barely anyone in the restaurant but the server didn't check in on us often enough. We had to wait for a while to get our refills for the water when we saw all the servers just chatting and hanging out. The server didn't have much smile. Wasn't a good experience.Special Features:
- Burgers!RRR4UDined on 2/22/2014We came here again last night and what an amazing experience yet again.. I love consistency. Our waitress was stellar. I had the Diablo burger (thinking, how hot can it really be) and was surprised at how spicy it was.. Ill definitely be ordering this next time I come. The mac'n'cheese buffalo style was so awesome we took it home, and as usual, the beer was very very good and unique. Im trying to find the chinks in the foods armor here but it is really tough... Everything we have had as been wonderful and is worth the drive.Special Features:
- First TimeRRR4UDined on 2/15/2014This is the first time back since it was Moz Buddah Bar. The whole beer flight thing... AWESOME.... I usually immediately order a stout but the flight actually had me liking beers I would never have picked... I highly recommend the 4-flight sampler. The food was VERY good... But by far, our waitress was outstanding.. We would go back for that alone, but the food and drink makes a very close second.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day VisitFrequentPatronDined on 2/14/2014One of my favorite neighborhood night spots on nights when they have live music... The food menu is limited; however, the food is great... The micro-brewed beer menu is always extensive... Live music only one night a week, with the Nova Trio being my favorite band that sometimes plays there... Our visit was Valentine's Day, so a special night... Everything was as expected with two exceptions: 1) The lighting was not dimmed as it usually is during late evening - so, not as romantic of an atmosphere as it could have been; and 2) The "special" (and only) dessert of the evening was nothing too special for such an occasion, and VERY skimpy for the $10 charged... All-in-all, still one of my favorites in the area!Special Features:
- Snooty managementEasyas123Dined on 1/11/2014We were late. We apologized but The manager decided to lecture us about it (by saying "oh, we put you down as a no show". she never made us feel welcomed)even though the tables were mostly empty and never filled up throughout the night. Asked for booth was told 4 wouldn't fit. The next group of 4 got seated in booth (?).The food is overpriced.The ribeye was bone dry. I had already given my husband his small half when I realized it was not going to get any better. I told waitress, she came back saying "my manager said since you ate half we could take half off" .I was not happy with that. She told me she'd take it off the bill, when the bill came there was still a charge for it. water carafe never got refilled. Two stars for poke.
- Good Food, But...CalabasasEater1Dined on 1/11/2014Good food. However, the menu is very limited. It took us a while to decide what we wanted from very few selection. In the end, though, we were satisfied with our meal.Special Features:
- I wanted to love it...OpieluvcaVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food was pretty good, but overpriced, in my opinion. The worst part was that we were seated in the bar at a booth and we were with friends, so we obviously wanted to talk. By about 9, we couldn't hear one another because of the live music. The band was great, but I wish they had warned us before they seated us there. Also, the bar is built for a younger crowd (21 - 30), but the food prices are not commensurate with the experience you get.Special Features:
- What a Way to Ring in the New Year!JulesDined on 12/31/2013Attended dinner and the New Year's Eve party with a group of friends and we all had a great time. The special menu was outstanding and even though we were a BIG group, we were very well taken car of by the staff. Amazing live band and so much fun. We drank and danced until the place closed down. So much fun ringing in the new year at The Lab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2013We were early and a band was setting up. Wished we could have stayed. Food was very good. Our waitress gave us great advice and was pleasant and efficient! We'll come back.Special Features:
- Food is SpicyJeffDined on 11/8/2013Goes well with the high IBU beers that are crafted here, but if you're not into hops or spicy food might have to be a bit choosy. Not hot spicy, just bold flavors.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fun, great food!ToastandTineDined on 11/2/2013We plan to meet friends there this weekend. We enjoyed to specialty beers too.Special Features:
- Brewpub DiningvcnolefanVIPDined on 11/1/2013Outstanding mix of ingredients in dishes. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was oktuckrossDined on 10/26/2013Came in on a flash deal purchase. Smokers on the patio (no heads up when asked about patio), big dogs on the patio, slow service, delivered incorrect food order. Beer was good, portion was appropriate and food was ok - warm. Ribeye was tough.
- Not a hot spotFrequentdinerDined on 10/26/2013We had such a bad experience at this place. The hostess seated us at a table near the mall stage area where a cheap light kit was flashing although there were no performers. We ordered drinks and appetizers, and waited, waited, waited. The drinks came, but no apps although all the tables around us were seated after us and quickly orders and food was brought to them. We inquired 2x after waiting 30 minutes, but still no food. We left and will never return again. Nobody seemed to notice or care that we were not served food or that we got up to leave. The atmosphere is terrible, its a bad cheaply done make over of the former restaurant.
- Much better than expectedChewieDined on 9/21/2013I had expected something easy and pleasant, if not particularly adventurous. I was surprised that, in addition to being both easy and pleasant, the food was unusually good. The Diablo burger (a special) compared favorably with ones at Plan Check and was just a little under Golden State -- I was particularly struck by their managing to keep two thin patties both medium-rare and the sophisticated use of heat (all mid-tongue, avoiding the sharp beginnings or lasting burns, while still giving a solid pulse of heat). Beers were good, too; the schwarbier was a standout (very refreshing), and the tripel was solid as well. Unusually accomplished service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun musicBand1Dined on 9/6/2013We went out to celebrate me finding a job and it turns out there was a fun band playing! We honestly had great beer and dessert, as well as a good band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner spot when on travelPruegsDined on 8/29/2013I was told that the "fancy" hamburgers were awesome here for lunch by a friend that works in the area. This last trip to LA I took two colleagues for dinner. Great tasting food all around, lamb skewers for appetizer, and Lab and Lamb burgers all had excellent taste and cooked appropriately. The micro-brews were a hit as well, black lager, IPA, and blonde were excellent. Did not have a porter the night I went, will have to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed CompanyChaosThornDined on 8/18/2013As a beer snob who invited a regular drinker, sn occasional drinker, and one non-drinker, we were all satisfied. I had my Belgian palate satisfied while the light drinker enjoyed his light beer. The other two did not drink, but were happy with the food, as we all were. I would recommend it to anyone who lives within driving distance or any visitor to the area who wants to enjoy a good beer and possibly have some live entertainment.Special Features:
- Fresh and Tasty FoodNikkiVIPDined on 8/18/2013This is an enjoyable brew pub with surprisingly tasty and fresh food. It is nicer on the inside than it appears on the outside since it is in a small shopping center. Nice outdoor seating area. We went there for Sunday brunch and had the hamburger (wonderful!), lamb hamburger, and french toast, which were all delicious. Higher quality food than one would expect in a brew pub. Only food that didn't impress us was the flatbread which had a little too much cheese for our taste. We went there being skeptical and left thoroughly pleased and we will go back when we are in the mood for a casual eating place with good food.Special Features: