The Knife Restaurant - Sunrise
12603 W. Sunrise Blvd.
Sunrise, FL 33323Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Knife Restaurant - Sunrise
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thekniferestaurant.com/ingles/index.html
- Phone: 7868663999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am -6:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Knife Restaurant - Sunrise
Established in 2002, The Knife is an authentic Argentinean steakhouse experience, where you can enjoy over 15 different cuts of beef, chicken and pork, all grilled to perfection by our expert "Parrillero" (Grill Master). Our system allows you to try as many cuts as you want, as many times as you please. A dream-come-true for meat lovers! To go along with our delicious meats, we offer a wide selection of appetizers, salads and sides, many of which are original Argentinean recipes. At The Knife you can eat at your own pace, as much as you wish, combining meats, salads and sides your own way, making every meal truly unique. Our Argentinean steakhouse experience includes all meats, salads and sides under a fixed price, so that the only thing you need to think about is what to try next...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Knife Restaurant - Sunrise reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Carnivors' ParadisethemanemanDined on 10/6/2014Great selection of meats cooked to preference. Wonderful service all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSED!tinman1970VIPDined on 8/21/2014It's been a VERY LONG time since I've really given a bad review for any restaurant… so here it is. First, we should have known this was going to be a disaster when we walked in and there was only one other table with diners. The Knife is a buffet-style "Argentinean steakhouse"… which was another disaster. First, the meat (for being fresh) was very dry with NO taste… which is NOT representative of other churrascarias, like Texas de Brazil, or Fogo de Chao. The salad bar also was very weak. The selection... actually there was no selection, that was the real issue. There were only tomatoes, lettuce (iceberg), some shredded cheese, etc. There are so many negatives… so to the point I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. VERY disappointing!
- Too many fliesStefanoDined on 8/15/2014I am from Argentina and enjoy all the cooking from my country. My wife does not eat any of this so she planned on eating from the salad bar that they had. The problem is that there must have been 50 flies landing all over the salad bar food so she refused I eat any of it. We also had flies that would not leave us alone at our table and kept landing on my food. The staff in the kitchen had the back door open so I assume this is how they were getting in. I bought a groupon to use at the sunrise location but was old I can't use it there (even after calling the night before to confirm) so I was stuck paying with credit card. I would not go back, too many flies. My wife ended up eating one empanadas and fries...
- big appetitehav2dietDined on 8/8/2014Make sure you have a big appetite to try all the meats. Surprisingly the ceviche is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place, perfect price!NikkiDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed very much. Had a 40-person party at the Sunrise, FL location. All satisfied and well taken care of. Thanks again, and we will soon return.:-) Nicolete BoothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond BadLItoFLVIPDined on 7/15/2014Our visit to The Knife was probably one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had. Not one element of the evening was appealing. We were seated in a booth that was right beside a ceiling pipe that leaked intermittently. Dinner is supposed to come with a complimentary bottle of wine, but there was only a red wine option included, and I don't care for red wine. I ordered unsweetened iced tea, and the Sweet 'N Low came out of the packet in chunks as if it was stored somewhere moist. Bugs were bugs flying all around the food on the salad bar. There were very vew beef choices on the grill. My husband ordered the fresh fruit for dessert and some of it was old and brown. I ordered strawberry gelato and there were chunks of ice in it.
- ery enjoyable Meal but not perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Staff was GREAT from the front door to the table to the grille!! Food was mostly tasty and enjoyable. Only 2 dissappointments, well 3. Breast of Veal was extremely fatty, baked Salmon was waaayyyy overcooked and cold seafood salad was pretty tasteless. Other than that all else was really pretty good. Grille attendants should be taught how to slice smaller portions! I almost exploded on my way out the door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill Did Not DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014For what you pay, you definitely get your money's worth. We went to celebrate my sister and my birthdays, and my entire family thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The grill was on point and to have wine and dessert included really put it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 6/28/2014While the food was okay, one of my guests was bitten several times by mosquitos during our meal, suffering numerous visible welts. Our waiter, instead of telling his manager, asked if we wanted to see the manager. Bad form. My guests complained about the ambient temperature that varied throughout the meal from hot, to warm, to a little more tolerable. Further, one of the criteria that I use to judge whether I will return to a restaurant is by the attentiveness of the wait staff. While our waiter was friendly, I was left with an empty water glass (I don't drink wine) for much of the meal. In closing, the Knife's idea of customer service falls short of expectations.
- The following 32 reviews are from the The Knife Restaurant - Sunrise reviews archive.
- Not Worth the Moneyfrequentflyer1Dined on 5/31/2014Initial service was slow, beverages, bread, how the restaurant operates, and so on. The beef offered was of low quality. I was surprised to see a "steakhouse" that didn't offer a ribeye or a filet. I was also disappointed that they didn't have real butter, only margarine. Also I was served instant mashed potatoes. For $31 ??? I would not recommend this place to anyone, and I'm a little upset that it was recommended to me.Special Features:
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Food was good! Wish there was more beef! Food was good! Service was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for meet loversMsguitarDined on 5/8/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. He LOVES steak and this place offers a wide variety of meat with the delicious option for filet mignon! Unlimited sides & great desserts, will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Knife by Sawgrass mallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014It was a wonderful experience. friendly staff. Great Food. Great Wine, Great atmosphere over all. If you enjoy eating great BBQ with an assortment of grilled veggies and salad this is the place. Excellent on every angle!Special Features:
- Underwhelmed!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great concept, bad food. Both the salad bar and meats were not up to par. All the meats tasted the same. Some cuts were very tough and not edible. BIG no to this place!Special Features:
- jesluz06Dined on 5/3/2014Very nice ; staff all good, food good, all you can eat, wow i'm stuffed plus wine and coffee and cake. thanks.Special Features:
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Celebrated my husbands birthday here.. It was a group of us and we all had a great time. The food was great and so was the service.. would highly recommend this restaurant for a group gathering or to celebrate a birthday. They let us bring in our own cake and decorate with balloons. The food was very good as well, a good selection of meat and salad buffet.Special Features:
- Like A CafeteriajasonsDined on 4/20/2014We went there thinking it was going to be like the other south american steakhouses and it was nothing like them. They serve you on metal prison plates.
- The KnifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The service was excellent and very attentive. The cuisine was very good and the overall atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the FamilyshortgameDined on 4/3/2014This is a pretty good Argentinian style restaurant, if you like meat and salad then this is a great option. They have a great variety of salads and meats and are good at giving you what you ask for and that's important to me. The guys on the grill had great suggestions and brought us some special recipes that he had been working on, and they where all good, and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the Knife restaurantsBlueSkiesDined on 3/29/2014We love The Knife restaurants! The concept is fabulous: for one price ($26.50 weekdays, $31.50 weekends) you get all you can eat salad, grilled meats including NY strip and filet mignon, side dishes, dessert and a cheap but drinkable bottle of wine per person! Service is usually excellent. The managers are fabulous. We are regulars at Hallandale but the Sunrise location seasons the meat the best. Skip the Bayside location. Service there is horrendous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomkJackDined on 3/21/2014The food was not only excellent but the service too. we never even got to eat all of the desert, just So full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet stylin steakYummytaco2VIPDined on 3/20/2014Meats were very good and pricing is very reasonable for a family of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A authentic taste ArgentineJudyDined on 2/22/2014The Knife was a excelent experience and we think to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJunoDined on 2/13/2014The salad bar was amazing. The filet mignon also. The chefs at the grill are very helpful in suggesting add-ons with what you want to ear. Just one little thing, when the waitress came to our table she spoke so fast we missed a few things she said and we had to have her repeat. but she was very nice just the same. good food for good money. NIce atmosphere. We were a party of and got to eat exactly what each one wanted. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choiceKekoVIPDined on 1/31/2014This place is not great, but definitely a good option for large groups. Food is good and you have many options from salad bar to different meat cuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AffordableJimnSandyDined on 1/17/2014The house wine was enjoyable and a dinner for two was very reasonable. Food was ok but the salad bar was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hispanic FoodNight2RememberDined on 1/1/2014It was not what I expected. Did not leave up to expectations.Special Features:
- waitress drolled on plateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013As the waitress leaned in to talk to our family, spit drop out of her mouth and onto my plate. She tried to catch it but it fell directly on my plate. From then on my family and I was turned off by the food and couldn't wait to leave.Special Features:
- Office PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013I'm very happy with my decision of reserving a table for my Christmas lunch for my employees at this restaurant. The table they did set up was perfect, the ambience was great. The service deserves a A+, the servers were very attentive and brought to our table all the requests, but at the same time they gives space to talk and to be in private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outMvp622Dined on 11/30/2013Service was excellent. Our waiter was the best!! Food was pretty good but wine was low quality. Overall we had a nice time out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for groupskidordinnDined on 11/29/2013It's the second time we went at The Knife. We were again nicely received and seated quickly. Our server was friendly yet professional and was attentive to our needs. The appetizers and sides were well presented and you could taste the freshness of all their salads and deli. I liked in particular the quinoa salad and the marinated tongue. The grilled meat section was different. The sweetbreads were overcooked and hard to chew. Some in our group wanted to eat the lamb, but the pieces they received were overly fat and tasteless. I had the blood sausage and it was good and moist as it should be. The sausages were very salty and I left half of it on my plate. Dessert was superb. The tiramisu tasted great my friends reported.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review: The Knife doesn't cut it!MrsCDined on 11/28/2013The atmosphere reminded me of the restaurant where you throw the peanut shells on the floor. The food looked good on the grill, but we found it to be dry and tasteless. The vegetables were undercooked, the salad bar was uninteresting. It was nearly impossible to understand the cooks behind the grill that are supposed to describe the food to the customers. All of the meat tasted the same, too chewy and lots of fat. It was awful and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There was nothing good about it.
- Terrible food, the serverAbcbocaDined on 11/27/2013Terrible food, the server was friendly, but took forever to bring drinks, desserts amd bill. I would not go back!Special Features:
- the salad bar was great theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013the salad bar was great the steak was good the salmon was bad it even smelled bad should not have been served and the pork cut I received was pure fat could not eat it the prime was excellent . I was told by a friend the Hallandale restaurant is better and I will try it in the future . this was my first time at your restaurant in the saw grass mall I don't think I will go there again
- All you can eat...FoodTrekkerVIPDined on 11/21/2013Having been to similar Brazilian/Argentinian all-you-can-eat steakhouses - we were looking forward to trying a new one. The per person price is reasonable compared to other chains and includes beverage and dessert. The selections at the salad bar were not as extensive as similar steakhouses. The Knife does offers more meat selections - they are not served table side - just go to the grill to pick you selections - no waiting for someone to show up at your table with they type of meat you want. However, some of the selections require approximately 15 minutes to prepare and a few of the cuts were not as tender. But the chicken, pork and sausages were flavorful and they also had grilled vegetables. Good experience and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Very disappointedBrighteyezDined on 11/9/2013I had my graduation dinner at this restaurant and regret it. The service was horrible and the food left much to be desired. We spent way too much money for such an abysmal experience
- Do Not eat heredmloveDined on 10/18/2013Used to be a great place.read recent reviews since I had a friend visiting.my bad.i ignored them.well, I don't see this place making it another year.the quality and quantity has dramatically changed for the worse.used to recommend it to everyone! Now I tell them to stay away!!!!!
- It was okMehitwasokVIPDined on 9/26/2013Went to the knife with my bf, the waitress knew no english but i speak some spanish- the food was mediocre- i think the best thing is each person gets a whole bottle of wine. I dont know if i would go again.
- Wondered why it was emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2013Friday at 8:30 and only 5 tables taken. This place used to be jumping. Waitress only spoke Spanish and we don't. Guess they don't want American business anymore. They say each diner gets a bottle of wine with diner. They tried to upsell us to a better wine. We wanted the house wine. They bought 4 glasses of wine, no bottles. It was undrinkable. The restaurant was filled with smoke and most of the meats were very fatty and tough. The 4 of us had soup, which was pretty good. Who has soup at a meat restaurant ? For $32 a person, add a few more bucks and visit one of the better Argentinian steakhouses. None of us will ever go back to this restaurant, even for free.
- This is a great price performergmanDined on 8/8/2013Good food, fun concept you get your entree and their house wine with great sides and a dessert. We really enjoyed it!