1030 E Juneau
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theknickrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4142720011
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ben Fairly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for any event! Appetizers, buffet and sit down options available. Both casual and elegant menus can be prepared. The Knick offers bar services and event staff for your catering needs.
Banquet Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan Cervero 4142720011
- Entertainment: Seasonal - Please Call for details
- Special Events: The Knick has many special events throughout the year. Please call for details!
A word from The Knick
Come enjoy an upbeat, contemporary dining experience at one of Milwaukee's favorite restaurants. The Knick offers an exciting menu and great nightly specials. A big city feel with friendly service, we offer an unique specialty drink menu and feature over 60 different vodkas from around the world. Enjoy our homemade desserts or a "Great Maltini" as a nightcap after a night on the town. End your weekend with our fabulous brunch and indulge with our signature "Queen Mary".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Knick - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
The Knick reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (71)neighborhood gem (51)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (48)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (31)late-night find (22)good for groups (20)scenic view (19)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Engagement PartyAunuggetDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner for (7) and started with (3) appetizers. Tater Tots, Calamari, and Pizza Special. All served hot and tasted great. Dinner included regular and blackened scallops, shrimp penne, olive crusted chicken, blackened fish tacos, and others. Food was great and portions plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Came there with a friend we had a great time, very good service, drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal pre-concert dinnerQueenOfComfortDined on 8/30/2014On Saturday evening our group of four enjoyed The Knick's outdoor patio before we walked down the street to a concert at Shank Hall. Dinner and cocktails at The Knick were delightful, as always. Nice variety of choices. If you're coming from outside of this charming historic neighborhood, I recommend carpooling if possible, because parking spots can be few and far between. Within walking distance of The Knick diners can also enjoy Lake Michigan, The Milwaukee Art Museum, the Summerfest concert grounds and Brady Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAj2603Dined on 8/19/2014We have found over the years that the Knick always provides a very good eating experience. Very enjoyable spot. We especially enjoy their outdoor patio dining.Special Features:
- The KnickJFroh84Dined on 8/16/2014Great Food! Great Service! I had the steak frites, and there was not a part of it i didnt like! For dessert my girlfriend and I had the carrot cake and we were not disappointed in the least! A little pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- A step up for hotel diningChrisVIPDined on 8/16/2014We stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel for Irish Fest weekend and decided to dine at the neighboring restaurant - first for breakfast (this reservation) and then for dinner (walked in). It was quite good. My husband had eggs with andouille sausage and tortillas - I had a chicken/broccoli omelet. Mine was a tad bland - a bit of hot sauce helped - but my husband's was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good!JOANNDined on 8/15/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant because the food is good as is the ambiance! Its a pleasure to bring guests here because I know they will enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 8/14/2014The Knick is very consistent -- great for soup and salads -- nice stop before a concert downtown -- and gotta love half price wine nite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Nothing spectacular. Food was good, but the lunch menu was very limited. Service was friendly, but slow even though the restaurant was no busy. Probably will not go back for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Slow service. Overlooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Our waitress was extremely slow in taking our order and getting our food. When. Y omelette arrived it was really overlooked and not well presented. Would not go back.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, lovely patio, and fun atmosphere. Great for a fancy or casual brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just A Nice Go to...BeaJVIPDined on 8/7/2014As always, enjoyed my blackened scallop salad although this time, the scallops were definitely overcooked- but still edible. Lemon basil bliss is my must have cocktail & I sipped down a few at this visit. Great people watching & customer attention given by staff is the real reason that we return as often as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ginger dusted shrimp app.DebTVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love the ginger dusted shrimp happy hour appetizer. Put it on the main menu too please.Special Features:
- NellVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service was outstanding. We sat outside and the weather was very nice, and a nice viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AhiMeyergirlDined on 8/3/2014Met a friend for pre-theater dinner and was delighted with the special. Seared Ahi tuna, perfectly done and seasoned, with kale. Most delicious Ahi I have ever had, and the kale was a fantastic complement. Topped off with a delicious Chilean sauvignon blanc, in a lovely gem of a classic old hotel. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Always lovelyDottyVIPDined on 7/31/2014We enjoy this restaurant often for Brunch, lunch, and dinner. The food is always good. You are able to sit relax and enjoy without ever feeling rushed and yet service is well paced. We will go back again and againSpecial Features:
- The KnicklatenightersVIPDined on 7/30/2014Another pleasant visit on the patio Great dinner and drink specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDottyVIPDined on 7/30/2014We always enjoy our visits to The Knick. The food always good, We have never been dissapointed it is alwaysgood service good food and good service.Special Features:
- The salmon omelette was excellentgreatforbrunchDined on 7/27/2014The salmon omelette was excellent! The decor is beautiful and I like the booth seating. I only wish we knew how large the French toast order would be as it was too much for my 11 y.o. and he is not fond of leftover French toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxing!LuveastsideDined on 7/25/2014Daughter and son in law came in from Chicago. We decided to grab bite around 7:30pm and the Knick came to mind. Love the outside seating area and the service and food was excellent. A unique neighborhood gem away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourDebTVIPDined on 7/25/2014We loved the happy hour appetizers, different from their regular appetizer menu, which I also love. We had the chicken sliders, ginger dusted shrimp, beef satay and mini pizza. The sizes were generous and more than enough to share. The only thing we thought was that the pizza was a bit greasy for us, though it had good flavor. Great happy hour, one of the best we've been to.Special Features:
- ecsclatenightersVIPDined on 7/22/2014we are fans of the knick, late night service as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milwaukee LandmarkAgentDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant is one of my Milwaukee favorites. I keep coming back to this spot. Great food, atmosphere, drinks and people. I would like to tell you my favorite things to eat here but I don't think I have enough space. You can go here order anything on the menu and I promise you'll love it. I enjoy the prompt service and late night kitchen hours. The bartenders Chris and Eric will whip you up some unique/delicious cocktails. They are constantly coming up with new drinks to try. If wine is your thing then this is the place for you. Half price bottles of wine on Thursdays. I really am running out of space so I will leave you with a couple words+Brunch+Eggs Benedict+Bacon+Bloody Mary=Happy Stomach. Try it for yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceKathleenDined on 7/7/2014The Knick consistently provides great food and good service. I come here often with friends to enjoy their patio dining and fresh cucumber melon sangria. It's great for a meal any time of day, their brunch on Sundays is especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was the worst to datemilwaukeebrianVIPDined on 7/4/2014I've been to The Knick 40 times at least. This was my worst experience to date. After 15 minutes with no server greeting us at the table, I had to go inside to notify the hostess. No hostess to be found. Then I was able to let her know after waiting. The server apologized (good) but then it took 5 minutes to get coffee creamer while my coffee sat idle. Only one napkin/silverware provided, and coffee was not refilled often. Not a typical Knick experience.Special Features:
- We love the Knick!SusanHDined on 7/3/2014Great spot for late-night dining. Food consistently good. We have eaten there many times and never been disappointed. The outdoor patio is a gem!Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 7/3/2014back again for 1/2 price wine nite -- love the mushroom barley soup and the salads are great -- shrimp and scallops - yum. always a favoriteSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at the Knick. The food was good and the staff provided excellent service. We would recommend this restaurant for good casual dining with nice outdoor dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastsiderDined on 6/29/2014We went to the Knick on a busy Sunday morning. The service was friendly, but poor. We had to ask for a refill on coffee several times. Our egg dishes took over 30 minutes to be served, and they were cool in temperature. The Knick is a pleasant place to dine, but average in food and poor in service on the day we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual fare with flairPaulVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a relaxed, dinner with great food, attentive service and a nice window table where we could watch the world go by. We usually go to The Knick with 2 or 4 people and tables are great for that number on the patio. This time we had 5 and the only table for five was tucked around the corner and not as appealing, so we sat indoors in a great corner booth and enjoyed the evening thoroughly. The crab dip is delicious and all the entrees looked good. My husband and I had the sesame crusted salmon sandwich with a great wasabi sauce and Caesar salad - great tastes and textures. We've had brunch there on Saturday or Sunday and it's excellent too! They have a yummy crab hash.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodBeverlinaDined on 6/27/2014Compliments to the chef. I had the scallop entree and the scallops were so sweet and done perfect. They were served over peas, corn, red pepper and mushrooms. Also excellent. My friend had the steak with fries and snow peas. He also said it was excellent and the steak was done perfect. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- My favorite place for lunch.DowntownWorkerDined on 6/27/2014I have never had a bad meal at the Knick. It is an intimate place for meeting friends or lunching with a client.Special Features:
- Always greatDebTVIPDined on 6/25/2014I've never been disappointed here. The food is always great and the service attentive. Great outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Hidden gemwh0caresVIPDined on 6/24/2014I've been traveling to MKE for almost two years and just found this place - thank you OpenTable - wish I found it sooner. Hotel was hopping. Appetizer (blackened scallops) was fantastic. Blackened was a bit spicy but true blackened. Featured wine was decent price and flavorful. Server was patient, accommodating, friendly, and made recommendations. Menu was varied. I definitely plan to go back to this place and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Meeting friendsDeanVaderDined on 6/17/2014The Knick never disappoints! Food is consistently superior. Service is unbeatable. Best place for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchlwoodDined on 6/15/2014I went with a party of seven for brunch. The food was fantastic. Everyone had a different item off the menu, and it was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arty & cool but not pretentiousAltidudeDined on 6/15/2014Eating at the Knick makes me feel like I'm vacation in the hip part of a bigger, more cosmopolitan town. Funky decor and diverse clientele. The food is always good, the menu has some interesting options but nothing too intimidating, and some of the drinks are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 6/12/2014food is consistently good -- love the mushroom barley soup! 1/2 price wine nite rocks!Special Features:
- pleasantvivoAcomidaDined on 6/11/2014decor was cute. server was accommodating for our toddler in tow. food was tasty, service was efficient- not too slow, not too pushy. would definitely return.Special Features:
- not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I went to the knick downtown dining week in milwaukee. I ended up not getting the "deal" or did any of the other people I was with. I order a crusted chicken dish with potatoes and asparagus. It was okay. Nothing that would bring me back there. I didn't have any cocktails because I am preggo. The service was less to be desired. The waitress was almost "bothered" by us. The atmosphere was nice but it was almost too dark in there. I could barely see my friend from across the table. I head they have a really good brunch so maybe I would go back for that. But probably not ever again for dinner.Special Features: