1030 E Juneau
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theknickrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (414) 272-0011
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ben Fairly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for any event! Appetizers, buffet and sit down options available. Both casual and elegant menus can be prepared. The Knick offers bar services and event staff for your catering needs.
Banquet Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan Cervero 4142720011
- Entertainment: Seasonal - Please Call for details
- Special Events: The Knick has many special events throughout the year. Please call for details!
A word from The Knick
Come enjoy an upbeat, contemporary dining experience at one of Milwaukee's favorite restaurants. The Knick offers an exciting menu and great nightly specials. A big city feel with friendly service, we offer an unique specialty drink menu and feature over 60 different vodkas from around the world. Enjoy our homemade desserts or a "Great Maltini" as a nightcap after a night on the town. End your weekend with our fabulous brunch and indulge with our signature "Queen Mary".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Knick - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
The Knick reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)great for outdoor dining (50)great for brunch (49)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (27)special occasion (26)late-night find (17)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Nice view, great foodGreenHarpyDined on 11/15/2014I recently had brunch at The Knick at a window table with a nice view of the street. It was sunny and pleasant indoors, despite outside temps in the teens. The huevos rancheros and drinks were excellent, as was the service. Very good coffee, too. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014My wife and I loved the food and decor. It was modern and very cool. Alas our server was very inattentive and when we asked for recommendations immediately went for the most expensive things on the menu. I found this to be rather in poor taste. The food we did decide on was amazing though. We will most assuredly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- metro marymetromaryDined on 11/12/2014We decided to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary at The Knick. Started with the tater tots which were more than slightly burned. I was surprised the kitchen sent them out. Also, the chicken on our daughter's salad appeared pink in the middle so she avoided it. (We never send anything back, but we probably should have in these cases.) On the upside, my salad was good and so were my husband's ribs. The service was good and the atmosphere pleasant. The Knick is so convenient for us we continue to frequent it despite any disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch spotKeithDined on 11/2/2014Wonderful brunch specials and the Queen Mary is amazing!Special Features:
- BlondieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great food but also casual and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eastsiderEastsiderDined on 10/19/2014Food was hot and delicious as always. The Bloody Mary's on Sunday set a tone for a relaxing day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch or lunch spotTobbaVIPDined on 10/18/2014I took out of towners to the Knick and it was perfect as some wanted brunch and some wanted lunch. They were all happy with the quality of food!Special Features:
- MAHoughtonDined on 10/17/2014The Knick is always a delightful, delicious experience. My group and I are there once a month on a regular basis and practically have our own table, in that we always reserve the same space. Kudos to everyone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- metro marymetromaryDined on 10/11/2014I chose The Knick for my 60th Birthday dinner. The food was outstanding; the house wine disappointing. Even house wine should be decent...The service was slow due to a homecoming or two, so that was understandable. We can walk to The Knick and it's one of our favorites. We'll have to man-up and spring for better wine next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!DebTVIPDined on 10/8/2014I've been going to The Knick for years... Great food and service. We recently discovered their happy hour, one of the best around. Truly addicted to the Ginger Dusted Shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchbexmewDined on 10/5/2014Group of three on a busy Sunday morning. Had a reservation and we were seated immediately. Server was friendly. Food came quickly and was pretty good. It's very noisy in the restaurant so conversation was a little difficult at times, but not impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityTobbaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Going to the Knick is always convenient when going to a play or another activity as it's a great restaurant for a lighter fare such as a salad, sandwich, etc. The food is prepared slightly different from the sister restaurant NSB - the salads may be called the same, but look different. The wait staff is attentive and eating outside on the patio is always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioDebTVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love The Knick. Great evening on the patio. The food and drinks are always great. The happy hour is one of the best in the city both in taste and price. We love the ginger dusted shrimp. Actually, I wouldn't hesitate to try anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Just OKfoodiefanVIPDined on 9/21/2014The Knick is always packed ... but why? The menu varies little. The food is competent and uninteresting. Brunch is a malange of your usual egg/omelet/french toast fare--but at higher, unjustified prices. The floor could use a periodic and brisk sweeping. It's a touch unappetizing to dig into eggs when you are staring at trash cluttered on the floor--the fun decor is insufficient in detracting you from the creeping grime.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014consistent food and service reliable pleasant wait staffSpecial Features:
- dinnerAngelaDined on 9/12/2014Haf dinner at The Knick. I always love is there. Great food and great service. Comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lunch BunchHappyDinerDined on 9/12/2014We rolled up on The Knick, never having been to this section of Milwaukee (on the Lake). What a great find. Wonderful lunch menu which provided three very distinct appetites with very unique experiences. Attentive waitresses, timely delivery of our courses and wonderful food. We are already looking forward to our next visit - as we are looking forward to sampling the dinner menu.Special Features:
- at the knick againlatenightersVIPDined on 9/11/2014had lunch with my sister and family friend, salad special was great, we all shared the September 7th for dessert service was on the spotSpecial Features:
- We were pleasanlty suprised!kibbytareVIPDined on 9/10/2014Not being familiar with the neighborhood I did not know it was in a hotel, but once inside we were delighted. Nice bar area, good space and friendly staff. Nice diverse menu. The steak was done to perfection as way my salmon. Nice attention to detail. We'll return for sure.Special Features:
- Great spotDottyVIPDined on 9/8/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Excellent for brunch, lunch, and dinner. The noise level is enough to busy and fun, but not so loud you cant hold a conversation. We have never been dissappointed in the food . The menu has something for every one. service is friendly and well paced. We really like it.Special Features:
- Excellent findJBfindsDined on 9/6/2014In the middle of a residential neighborhood, light traffic, wonderful outdoor ambience this is quite a gem. Food is just the topping on the cake. Leave room for a Brandy Alexander at the end of your meal, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement PartyAunuggetDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner for (7) and started with (3) appetizers. Tater Tots, Calamari, and Pizza Special. All served hot and tasted great. Dinner included regular and blackened scallops, shrimp penne, olive crusted chicken, blackened fish tacos, and others. Food was great and portions plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Came there with a friend we had a great time, very good service, drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal pre-concert dinnerQueenOfComfortDined on 8/30/2014On Saturday evening our group of four enjoyed The Knick's outdoor patio before we walked down the street to a concert at Shank Hall. Dinner and cocktails at The Knick were delightful, as always. Nice variety of choices. If you're coming from outside of this charming historic neighborhood, I recommend carpooling if possible, because parking spots can be few and far between. Within walking distance of The Knick diners can also enjoy Lake Michigan, The Milwaukee Art Museum, the Summerfest concert grounds and Brady Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1GbfanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very nice meal no problems great service we had a very good timeSpecial Features:
- Decent ExperienceJStarDined on 8/23/2014We went to The Knick for brunch. Overall it was a good experience. It wasn't very busy and the food was average. It looks like a cool space for cocktails so I'd be interested to check it out for that!
- Always goodAj2603VIPDined on 8/19/2014We have found over the years that the Knick always provides a very good eating experience. Very enjoyable spot. We especially enjoy their outdoor patio dining.Special Features:
- The KnickJFroh84Dined on 8/16/2014Great Food! Great Service! I had the steak frites, and there was not a part of it i didnt like! For dessert my girlfriend and I had the carrot cake and we were not disappointed in the least! A little pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- A step up for hotel diningChrisVIPDined on 8/16/2014We stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel for Irish Fest weekend and decided to dine at the neighboring restaurant - first for breakfast (this reservation) and then for dinner (walked in). It was quite good. My husband had eggs with andouille sausage and tortillas - I had a chicken/broccoli omelet. Mine was a tad bland - a bit of hot sauce helped - but my husband's was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good!JOANNDined on 8/15/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant because the food is good as is the ambiance! Its a pleasure to bring guests here because I know they will enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 8/14/2014The Knick is very consistent -- great for soup and salads -- nice stop before a concert downtown -- and gotta love half price wine nite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Nothing spectacular. Food was good, but the lunch menu was very limited. Service was friendly, but slow even though the restaurant was no busy. Probably will not go back for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Slow service. Overlooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Our waitress was extremely slow in taking our order and getting our food. When. Y omelette arrived it was really overlooked and not well presented. Would not go back.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, lovely patio, and fun atmosphere. Great for a fancy or casual brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just A Nice Go to...BeaJVIPDined on 8/7/2014As always, enjoyed my blackened scallop salad although this time, the scallops were definitely overcooked- but still edible. Lemon basil bliss is my must have cocktail & I sipped down a few at this visit. Great people watching & customer attention given by staff is the real reason that we return as often as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ginger dusted shrimp app.DebTVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love the ginger dusted shrimp happy hour appetizer. Put it on the main menu too please.Special Features:
- NellVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service was outstanding. We sat outside and the weather was very nice, and a nice viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AhiMeyergirlDined on 8/3/2014Met a friend for pre-theater dinner and was delighted with the special. Seared Ahi tuna, perfectly done and seasoned, with kale. Most delicious Ahi I have ever had, and the kale was a fantastic complement. Topped off with a delicious Chilean sauvignon blanc, in a lovely gem of a classic old hotel. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Always lovelyDottyVIPDined on 7/31/2014We enjoy this restaurant often for Brunch, lunch, and dinner. The food is always good. You are able to sit relax and enjoy without ever feeling rushed and yet service is well paced. We will go back again and againSpecial Features:
- The KnicklatenightersVIPDined on 7/30/2014Another pleasant visit on the patio Great dinner and drink specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 532 reviews are from the The Knick reviews archive.