The Kitchen Table-Sheraton Dallas
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen Table-Sheraton Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sheratondallashotel.com/kitchen-table
- Phone: 2149220374x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11am
Lunch: Daily: 11am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Stuart Race
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms that hold up to 80 people
- Private Party Contact: Alex Jakovljevic 2149220353x
A word from The Kitchen Table-Sheraton Dallas
Looking for the comfort of a home-cooked meal while away from home? The Kitchen Table, our Dallas restaurant conveniently located just off the main lobby, offers its visitors "authentic American" favorites, ranging from mouthwatering breakfast selections including breakfast skillets, omelets, farm fresh eggs cooked to order, hand-made pancakes and waffles, and delicious breakfast meats to nutritiously-filling entrees such as coffee rubbed short ribs and chicken fried pot roast. For dessert, guests can excite their taste buds with hand-made pies and a mouth-watering lineup of other delicious treats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Kitchen Table-Sheraton Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Fine Dining in an Informal AtmosphereBobGDined on 10/10/2014The Kitchen Table off the lobby of the Sheraton Dallas offers a limited but wonderful menu of chef's favorites American style. My wife and I dined there recently with a relative who was visiting Dallas, with our main objectives to have a satisfying meal while enjoying a calm locale to enable conversation. The Kitchen Table met these goals with aplomb. The Deep Ellum tomato/mozzarella appetizer was a perfect starter for us, and all three enjoyed our entrees as well. Service was attentive and gracious, and the wine list was plenteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations Didn't Matter...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014We made a reservation through open table but because there was a conference going on at the hotel, we were told we would still have to wait and were asked to go to the back of the line. I ordered a tuna "sandwich" from the menu and was told it was open faced, which was fine. It was actually lettuce with what seemed like dry canned tuna on top with a few olives and no dressing. Definitely not my idea of a sandwich.
- 1 hour wait for foodfun2getherDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant had mostly empty tables. We made our reservation through Open Table. We were told to wait while they got the table ready when we arrived, even though all the tables were set. Our waiter was friendly and brought our menus and took our orders. We asked questions about some of the entrees and were told it was a new menu and the waitress did not know the answers. An hour later we received our food. None of the dishes ordered met expectations. The barbequed salmon arugula salad did not have barbequed salmon, but had smoked salmon. The tuna open sandwich was tuna on bread with a side.
- Great Service - Great FoodMarine782VIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I spent the weekend at this Sheraton Hotel and had dinner here one night. The Mahi-Mahi I had was cooked to perfection and my wife's "create your own salad" entree was a great idea. Excellent selections for creating one's own salad and everything was fresh. Good wine list. Our server was delightful, professional and attentive, prices are reasonable and the restaurant is open with lots of natural light. The apple turnover/pockets were delicious. Definitely worth a try if you are staying at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the The Kitchen Table-Sheraton Dallas reviews archive.
- Okaydallasmichew1Dined on 6/25/2014Food was ok, service was standard. When we got the bill we were overcharged for drinks (apparently if you order a spirit on the rocks they charge you extra...but this isn't noted on the menu anywhere). I won't be going back.
- Not so Kitcheny AfterallReady2EatDined on 3/31/2014I was extremely disappointed as my ribs were warm from the outside, but cold from the inside. My meal called for fries, but instead was brought out carrots.
- ConvenientMavenVIPDined on 3/27/2014I was staying at the Sheraton Hotel for a conference. This restaurant is right off the central lobby. The food is good and the location convenient. I especially enjoyed their tomato soup. I also had breakfast here. The omelette was tasty and served hot.Special Features:
- Overpriced for avg food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014I ate at this restaurant for a breakfast meeting. I got the buffet, which was around $25, and the food was mediocre at best. The selection was quite limited for that price point; in addition, the eggs and potatoes were both rubbery, and the bananas were over-ripe. I ended up eating (very costly) yogurt and fruit. The wait staff, although friendly, only came to our table once to check on our coffee/tea and to check our water glasses. It also took over 20 minutes to get our checks, and then for them to come back with our change/credit card receipts. The ambience of the restaurant itself was nice, though.
- Wonderful!ilovehandsomeDined on 2/14/2014Stayed at the Sheraton for Valentine's Day and decided to eat onsite. The food was wonderful. My hubby stated his steak was one of the best steaks he had ever had! The chilled zucchini and grilled chicken stack was AWESOME! The only complaints are that my mashed potatoes were cold in the middle and our entrees came out a few mins after our appetizers, and had we known, we would have skipped the appetizer altogether. And OMG the Apple Ice Wine was a delicious compliment to my center cut pork chop!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningrazbarrysDined on 2/14/2014I brought my Luv here for Valentine's Day and had a nice meal. The salmon was perfectly cooked and quite nicely presented. The restaurant decor was pleasing, but left a little bit like a cafeteria because it was open to the lobby of the hotel. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant is okay...CdallmanDined on 2/9/2014This restaurant is just okay. Not much on service. The menu has a build your own sandwich but you have to ask for the menu to see what they offer. Forget about ordering dessert. We ordered a smores brownie. It was a frozen brownie with chocolate drizzled on it. Not as described on the menu...warm and served in a jar. The food is what you would expect from a hotel restaurant.
- Best meal experience my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Best meal experience my wife and I had at The Kitchen Table in Dallas Sheraton. Service was much improved over the first three days that we dined at the restaurant. I would still recommend that restaurant management do a better job of supervising serving staff to ensure they record orders correctly, check on customers in a timely manner, and assist with controling loud patrons.Special Features:
- Extremely Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Server was either overworked or did not care about his job. He did not honor our requests, did not regularly return to check on us, & was slow. The only time he showed enthusiasm was when he thought it was time to receive a tip. Again, food was excellent; drinks overpriced; service too slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014My wife and I dined for bruch on Friday, Feb. 7. This experience was the best we enjoyed for the week. The food was good and the server was better than the previous meals.Special Features:
- Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014Food on this and 3 other occasions was very good. Prices for drinks were high! Manager(s) were pleasant. Real issue? Service extremely slow; hard to get attention of servers; their coming to table was infrequent. For the amount charged for food and drink, the service should have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Hotel RestaurantBruceTexasVIPDined on 1/23/2014We enjoyed the food and the wine. It was a nice place and the service was very good. We will be back. It was our first time.Special Features:
- Good food...NorthdownsouthDined on 1/9/2014We arrived for an early dinner to a completely empty restaurant which made us a bit skeptical. Food was very good, service a little slow - mostly after the food was served. Took a long time to get drinks refilled and our check when we were ready to go. Ambience was a little hard to determine since we were the only people there for most of our experience. Would return, but later at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding andConnieDined on 12/17/2013The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. Never been there before, and will definitely return. Plan to schedule a work happy hour on the patio in the spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a frequent visitorclassylil05VIPDined on 11/21/2013I frequent the Kitchen Table because my office is near. I've always had exceptional service. This is a good lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choiceJAMsDined on 10/27/2013Expected a decent dinner but got Cold food overlooked tough steak and quirky service from someone who had difficulty understanding English
- Birthday GirlKaseyDined on 10/18/2013It was my birthday and my friend recommended the place. It was our first time there and I love it besides the food prices were high. I had a few friends there and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Wait staff all 10s, Kitchen is a 2OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2013What a great restaurant and very accomodating Service staff it is a shame that the Kitchen is not where it should be to attract and retain customers. Some food items were excellent however 5 of 5 hamburgers on the pretzel roll were identically cooked even though there were specific doneness requests. I had the flank steak which was sparsely served on an overwhelming baguet and the flank steak was over done. Too bad that cut of meat can be a real crowd pleaser if done right. We make it all the time. Service time out of the kitchen was in the thirty minute range which was not good when you are on a schedule and don't want to choke your food down in five minutes or walk away altogether. It would be great to see the Kitchen well supervised
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2013The food and service were excellent. I would recommend this hidden gem to anyone wanting a nice atmosphere and food accompanied by great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a last minute bookingRKHodgeDined on 6/8/2013This was a last minute booking prior to a show at the Winspear. This location has no problems, adjacent bar and lounge, good attentive service, and although the menu was a little confusing the food was good. Of note, and the reason for the confusion, is there are several options for putting plates together, and one can actually order from a checklist of items to be included on for instance a salad. All in all good place.Special Features:
- Nice placeTonydaTigerDined on 5/31/2013Went on a Friday at noon, not very busy at all, with many open tables. Large facility in hotel lobby. Open and airy with good lunch choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word....TERRIBLE.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/20/2013The experience was so horrid that I can't waste any more of my time on it. The service was terrible, the food was uneatable, the parking is $20, even if you eat in the restaurant....the ambiance is cold and uninviting. I knew we should have turned around when I told the hostess I had a reservation and she snorted and said, 'Why?' Don't go, life is to short for a terrible meal!
- Good Food....Greater serviceTexasTrojanVIPDined on 5/13/2013Food was unique and different from my expectactions...in a good way. Service was over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No thanksKallenDined on 5/12/2013Disappointed with food however our service was good. Would not go back.Special Features:
- I like the feel of the KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013I like the feel of the Kitchen Table - the staff are welcoming and friendly, and there are round tables and round booths available, which make for a cosier experience. The chopped salad was a good lunch choice, especially if you chose beef as your meat, as the portion was huge and the quality was excellent.Special Features:
- The service was so slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2013The service was so slow and the food was mediocre at best. Would not go back
- Great for Downtown LunchLaFemmecoVIPDined on 1/14/2013The wait staff is always courteous and fast. The food is always good, I’ve had several things on the menu and only found one item I didn’t care for and the atmosphere is lovely. The restaurant is decorated beautifully, I love the bright colors and just the right amount of light, it’s not like dining in you typical hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013The food was good and the service was good but it wasn't anything spectacular that sets it apart. I went on a Saturday night and the place was absolutely dead I enjoy the quiet but I would have preferred having some people around. If you're in downtown Dallas and you're staying at the hotel or happen to want lunch while working down there I would recommend this place.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2012I was very impressed with this restaurant. Wasn't sure what to expect with it being inside a hotel but it was a pleasant surprise. My date and I shared the deep fried pickles which were good and a very generous size. I had the chipotle tilapia-- very good! My date had the salmon and also enjoyed it. I highly recommend the pumpkin cobbler, it's much better than you would imagine. The staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The food is always so goodLaFemmecoVIPDined on 12/19/2012The food is always so good here and I like how centrally loccated in downtown Dallas it is. It's definately become a regular place for me to have lunch.Special Features:
- Superb!!MsShawnDined on 12/15/2012Celebrated my birthday with some friends and it was superb, from the ambience to the waitstaff. The outdoor firepits put an extra + on it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2012We ate at this restaurant prior to attending a play downtown. My husband and I both enjoyed the experience. It was quiet, the staff was very attentive and friendly and the food was very good. The only way it could be improved is to add more choices to the menu. Overall we had a good experience and would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The food is "Southern Style"Tx2CaliDined on 11/30/2012The food is "Southern Style" country cooking. Very heavy in calories and fat. There are no offerings for diners interested in healthy eating. The waitstaff are competent and try hard.Special Features:
- The food is excellent at KitchenDes2013VIPDined on 11/10/2012The food is excellent at Kitchen Table, especially the Patty Melt.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLaFemmecoVIPDined on 9/26/2012As always The Kitchen Table was great. This place is a gem, the food is really good, the service is great and it seems not to many people know about it so it's never really crowded, unless there is a convention in the hotel. This is going to be a regular lunch spot for me because it is so close to my office at the Plaza.Special Features:
- First time to dine there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012First time to dine there. We had a coupon, so otherwise would not have thought to eat there. The menu was not the type of food we would normally be interested in. One other table was occupied when we arrived, but for most of the meal we were the only ones in the entire restaurant.