155 N Glenwood
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thekitchenjacksonhole.com/
- Phone: (307) 734-1633
- Hours of Operation:
Open Thursday-Monday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: -the kitchen is happy to reserve our restaurant for your private functions. Be it a sit-down dinner or passed appetizers, we will tailor the event to your specifications.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Oda 3077335010x
- Special Events: For information regarding private dining and special events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from The Kitchen
The Kitchen offers modern American cuisine, an extensive wine list and creative fresh cocktails. Located just 1 block off the square, The Kitchen boasts a beautiful outdoor deck in the summer. Enjoy the freshest fish from our crudo bar along with all natural meats, fresh pasta, and seasonal vegetables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
The Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (19)romantic (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poor serviceAl2007Dined on 11/21/2014The food was great, but our experience was kind of ruined because of our service. Our waiter asked if we wanted a desert menu, we said yes, and then 20 mins went by without him coming to the table. The restaurant wasn't too terribly busy, and we could see him eating behind the bar and taking shots with other customers. When he finally brought us our check (never apologizing or even noting we never got a desert menu), he overcharged us 25 dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Butter lettuce salad and potato chip pie were amazing. Cocktails were great, too. $11 menu is one of the best deals in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special $11 menuRockinCandMDined on 11/10/2014The specials for charities right now are very small portions of food. The quality is excellent the quantity is small but appropriate for the price. A couple should order three entrees and share the different dishes. Will go back again to try some of the other interesting sounding items on the menu.Special Features:
- Everything perfect.KeithDined on 11/7/2014The small plates are perfect. Ordered 4 small plates for 3 people and shared. Fun way to eat and the ambience is perfect. Spend some time getting advice from wait staff. Some plates are real small, like an appetizer, others are more like small entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECTgood2bkingDined on 11/3/2014we celebrated a birthday with dinner. Thinking we were going to do a little tasting with the off season special, were disappointed that the quality of food was much lower than the year before. I would have rather had good food at regular price than feel as if we were eating leftover supplies. The crepe' dessert, although having a fun flavor, could not be cut much less be chewed. The memory of last year's visit will probably get us to try The Kitchen again but we cannot go through another experience like the last one.Even though the service was good, it can't compensate for poor food quality when the expectation was higher.
- Special small platesFoxpauseVIPDined on 10/25/2014Inspired small plates. Cold smoaked hamachi a true treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice in Jackson!DIRKVIPDined on 10/17/2014We loved this place. Colleen, our server, was so helpful, so knowledgeable. All courses paced perfectly. Crudo menu is special, lots of delicious choices:octopus was delicate, presented beautifully. Entree recs include the pan sautéed red dear and fish specials. Cosmos were excellent, decent choices on the wine list. If we lived in Jackson, we would want to visit this place each week. It's a place with the neighborhood feel and and a foodie's attention to detail.Special Features:
- Fun spot; great menuKoreanderVIPDined on 10/12/2014The Kitchen has a delicious asian-inspired menu. Based on other Open Table Reviews, we had the luxury shrimp which was delicious and the pulled chicken udon soup -- another great dish. We also tried the hoisin flavored ribs which my husband said were fantastic. The decor is attractive and fun. Would definitely recommend The Kitchen to anyone going to Jackson Hole, particularly if you want something other than grilled steak, bison, etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- N O I S YFoodfanaticDined on 10/4/2014Came for the luxury shrimp and pan seared tuna. Luxury shrimp still a classic but not being seared with the dipping sauce on the side as it was when it made its debut. Glad it's still available. The pan seared tuna, another local favorite, is no longer on the menu, which was disappointing. Okay wine list. Good service. Had to ask bartender to turn down the music so we could hear one another. Amazes me employees are oblivious to the blaring volume. Many diners appeared irritated.Special Features:
- Deliciouskjh2014VIPDined on 10/3/2014Crudo bar is unbeatable. Server was excellent. Drinks were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badTNHawkeyeDined on 9/29/2014The Kitchen is not a bad restaurant, it's just not a great restaurant. Our first clue was the canned (bottled?) fruit juices used in our cocktails. There's no sense in offering innovative cocktails if you're not going to bother to use the best ingredients in them; the difference between freshly squeezed lime and grapefruit juice, and the bottled versions, is all too apparent. The shrimp appetizer was tasty, and huge, but the lamb steak was bland and the short ribs chewy. The wine list was above average, and atmosphere cozy.....the Kitchen has plenty of potential, with a little more attention to detail.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plate HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014The wonderful flavors that the kitchen at The Kitchen adds to first class ingredients are incredible. The small plates menu features fish and the dishes are sublime. Happy hour is truly happy for the customer who is paying less than half price to dine on wonderful dishes. Don't miss this great place.Special Features:
- One special place!TravelGirl30Dined on 9/18/2014Everyone in our party had one dish that was more delicious than the next. Start out with the Luxury Shrimp and you will know what I'm talking about! Spicy pulled-Buffalo so wonderfully seasoned, perfectly done salmon honey/hoisin. From the "crudo" menu, try the Yellowtail. The fusion ribs melted off the bone.Special Features:
- Good optionKkb712Dined on 9/18/2014More Asian influence then expected but great raw bar called "crudos". A little pricy but quality worth it mostly. Very busy! Be patient and relax with a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in JacksonrocknrollerVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Kitchen is not to missed. Excellent food in a nice setting. Wonderful patio.Special Features:
- The. Kitchen disappointedLorinanaVIPDined on 9/17/2014On vacation in Jackson, WY and thought to try the restaurant. Service was very slow and the seafood was overlooked.
- Consistently brilliant!Dae2000Dined on 9/16/2014The kitchen is a favorite...great people and amazing food. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish Ambiance and FoodNancyTDined on 9/11/2014Great menu and service. Reasonably priced wine. We enjoyed everything we ordered, including appetizer, main dishes and dessert. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first time eating at The Kitchen, it was recommended by many people we met during our stay in Jackson. The food was very good, would definitely go back and highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicerocknrareairDined on 9/6/2014Highly recommended. Had a delightful dinner for 2 on the patio with excellent, attentive and knowledgeable service. Cold green tea smoked yellowtail, tuna tartados and seaweed salad awesome ... and the coconut ginger martini, look no further. Truffled fries very good. Lamb T-bone and sauteed kale not totally up to expectations. Still, wouldn't miss a return visit to this restaurant next trip to Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Had dinner at The Kitchen. Made a reservation and they got us seated right away on the patio. All food was excellent and the service was also very good. Prices were fair and the overall experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Consistently excellent we never have been disappointed since the restraunt changed over a few years ago. Wide variety of lighter to heavier fare. Dining outside 3 seasons is also a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOntheroadagainDined on 8/27/2014Excelldnt food and great service. A unique menu with a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return Visit. Great again!HoustonBeerManDined on 8/27/2014Great food, great service. Outdoor dining was very comfortable. Amazing value happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Avoid the lamb T Bone, very poor value for the price. Pours on the wine by the glass are stingy. very kind and accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Terrific food in the TetonsMPMeyersVIPDined on 8/23/2014Cannot say enough good things about Kitchen. We sampled several if their Asian inspires dishes and all were out of the park. The chai smoked tuna and tuna totadas to start we amazing. My hoisin spare ribs were perfectly tender with great flavor. My wife's udon chicken soup though was the big star - out of this world good. Service was wonderful and he did a great job guiding our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DeliciousnessLocalConciergeVIPDined on 8/21/2014In a sea of similar restaurants in Jackson Hole; The Kitchen stands out as something a little different. Try the Luxury Shrimp and Tuna Tortados appetizers. You will not be dissapointed. As a local, this is my go to restaurant for special occasions. The service is great too, particularly Colleen.Special Features:
- Always outstadingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014One of our jackson hole favorites! Food is always top shelf, staff is courteous and friendly. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Welome to JacksontmkccmuVIPDined on 8/15/2014We like to go the Kitchen every time we come to Jackson. This time, Friday, our flight to Jackson kept being delayed. We eventually made it to the Kitchen around 9:30 where we were warmly welocomed. That makes the Kitchen a "late night find" for us! We enjoyed the Monkfish and the deer. Our favourite is the Sea Weed Salad. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Hit most of the top rated restaurants in Jackson and this one just wasn't as good as the rest. Maybe it was my order or even my specific dish. Everyone says it's great and maybe it usually is but just didn't do it for me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2014Food was interestingly prepared and very flavorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in JacksonSVB1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent service, great wine list, so many good things on the menu we couldn't decide. Everyone loved his/her dish so much no one wanted to share. YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/7/2014Everything was delicious and the beautiful architecture creates a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014We love The Kitchen! We have already had dinner there twice on our trip. The crudos are great. The popcorn shrimp is devine. Effiecient and friendly service. The menu is creative and different than a lot of other restaurants in Jackson. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Hella goodruddermanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Don't leave here without ordering the luxury shrimp appetizer - incredibly tasty and large portion. The Korean bison sandwich large and very tasty, kale pasta excellent as well. Nice wine list, excellent attentive service. The warm cookie dessert large and to be shared. Definitely worth a visit for good eataSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the The Kitchen reviews archive.
- Consistently Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Love to go to the Kitchen and eat at the bar. Can't leave without eating an order of the Luxury shrimp. Enjoyed the happy hour dinner menu items. The staff is always very friendly and informed. The Kitchen is a sure thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceJoemamaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our first time finding experience was marred by poor service. Our entrees were very good. However, the wait person went missing for 20 minutes after we'd finished our dinner. We were not offered dessert and had to ask the hostess for our check. Poor service negates good food. Ironically the manager was the same person at Trio the night prior where we had a good experience. He'd recommend The Kitchen????Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDk123Dined on 7/5/2014The food at The Kitchen was very creative, and tasted very good. We especially liked the pork belly and lobster combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save Room For Dessert!FoodFanVIPDined on 6/26/2014I've eaten here several dozen times. The menu doesn't change a lot but that's ok because I lean toward the same favorites every time. The wagyu flank steak and the grouper are outstanding. The kitchen does amazing things with red deer meat. They recently changed the red deer from a cherry sauce to a very enticing looking Japanese style that I have yet to try. Order the luxury shrimp for an appetizer. It's a huge portion and maybe my favorite dish on the menu. The cocktails are always very creative. We had dessert for the first time (usually never have dessert) and it's not the usual defrosted fare you find most places. The desserts were all custom made. We tried the nutella crepes and the potato chip pie--absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its CookingricwigVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went looking for good food and found some great stuff. I had their Roadhouse IPA Marinated Hoisin Spare Ribs and Carol had Sherry-Honey Glazed Scottish Salmon. They were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.