THE KITCHEN - FARM RAISED FIRE ROASTED FARE
1225 A Military Cutoff Road
Wilmington, NC 28405Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
THE KITCHEN - FARM RAISED FIRE ROASTED FARE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thekitchenwilmington.com/
- Phone: 9102569133
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Sweittzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from THE KITCHEN - FARM RAISED FIRE ROASTED FARE
NEW AMERICAN ROTTISSERIE & GRILLContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
THE KITCHEN - FARM RAISED FIRE ROASTED FARE reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was good but overpriced.JanneDined on 5/15/2013The service was excellent at this restaurant and the atmosphere was warm with lots of wood in the design and furnishings. The food was good but not great. I felt it was overpriced for the quality and amount that was received; especially because of the quality. There are lots of good restaurants around the Wilmington area that have good or great food and are not quite as expensive.Special Features:
- Unfortunately a bad experience.Not2pickyDined on 5/11/2013Unfortunately a bad experience. Inconsistent food quality, all our dishes arrived at separate times and the server seemed a bit distracted. Memorable for all the wrong things this time.
- Nice ambience but undomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013Took the family to The Kitchen to celebrate my son graduating from UNCW. They promptly seated us which was great. Food started off slow but acceptable until dessert. We waited and waited and waited for dessert to arrive. When it finally did, we didn't really care because we were ready to leave. I would have thought since we had to wait so long for dessert that they would have given it to us or at least taken one of them off the bill..but no..no apology, no credit. The decor is very nice, but the seats are all wood with no cushions!! My bottom hurt so bad after waiting for so long...it was uncomfortable. I'm not a big person so if it was uncomfortable for me I'm sure it is for larger people. I'd suggest they upgrade the chairs with cushions.Special Features:
- You get a decent meal hererodandterriVIPDined on 5/5/2013Title pretty much says it all. This is our second time eating here and even though they didn't have the baked Brie that I loved the first time, the food was good (shrimp n grits, flatbread pizza, calamari) the service was spot on and the look and feel of the place was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I showed up for my reservationsej219Dined on 4/27/2013I showed up for my reservation and then wished I didn't. It went downhill from the first moment, poor service, poor food, they were out of serveral items on the menu and wine list. Don't go.
- The food was good. The serviceRhynesVIPDined on 4/26/2013The food was good. The service was fair. The feature special red snapper was announced by the server who after appetizer told us they were actually out of the red snapper. The substitute was very good (flounder dish)Special Features:
- Service was poor. QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2013Service was poor. Quality of food was good. May or may not return.Special Features:
- Our first visit to Wilmington,deadwoodbarbieVIPDined on 4/12/2013Our first visit to Wilmington, NC to attend a wedding. The Kitchen was listed by the bride's family as a "favorite" restaurant. We were very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Fried green tomatoes, mussels, tuna nicoise salad, salmon entree; and of course, a nice bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Food was great. Service was ok. There was a bald/shaved head man that offered to remove out appetizer but we were not done with it, so he left it on the tabel for us. Towards the end of the meal we had still not completed the appetizer & the same bald/shaved head man removed the appetizer without askign if we were done with it. We were not, but we did not complain.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gem !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013This was our fist time at this restaurant. Simple menu, but everything we has was EXCELLENT ! Will be going back to try other dishes !Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2013Wait staff was not very attentive. I had to get up and get my own spoon for my soup after waiting too long for the waiter to return. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. We were all excited to get back to Raleigh for a better meal.
- ribs were very good not asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013ribs were very good not as good as other times a little dry.Special Features:
- My daughter's dish was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013My daughter's dish was outstanding. It was such a surprise when I took a hearty forkful of the contents, getting all the elements of the dish..Duck Confit. It was so delicious! Would definitely get it again. Was a little disappointed that all but one of the of Starters was seafood that we personally don't eat. Would have liked a choice of a vegetable starter without crabmeat, etc. My Salad was also very good. Good wine menu. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- It was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013It was our first time dining at The Kitchen. But, it will not be our last. We are members of a group that dines out at a local reataurant once a month. We'll suggest that the group try The Kitchen in May.Special Features:
- Thoughtful cuisineletsgoalfrescoDined on 2/23/2013Delicious food with a good variety to choose from. Everything was exquisitely prepared and presented with care. The Butter Bean salad and Vegetable flatbread were superb! My husband had the Salmon and enjoyed the accompaniment of the tasty couscous and salad. Another friend at our table had the Lobster Mac and Cheese and although a bit heavy, it was probably the best Mac and Cheese ever created. Another friend had the scallops and they were tender and flavorful. The banana split at the end of the meal was big enough to share and had us almost licking the bowl!Special Features:
- So glad you are open for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/18/2013So glad you are open for lunch. Three of four diners gave rave reviews.Special Features:
- Great, great service. TheJohnEDined on 2/15/2013Great, great service. The lamb was great. Date loved the salmon. Both of us had a great glass of wine. ThanksSpecial Features:
- My husband and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I were very disappointed with the quality of the food and the service. The food sounded great on the menu but had little flavor and was very dry (i had rotisserie chicken and roasted potatoes). We are not typically very critical of food... We love all food! But we were both in agreement that we should have skipped this restaurant. we expected better for this level of restaurant. They supposedly have wonderful desserts but we did not try any during our visit.Special Features:
- We were there for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We were there for Valentine's and my girlfriend and I had a wonderful experience. She said it was her best steak ever. Far better then Ruth's Crisp.Special Features:
- Very good menu and food thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2013Very good menu and food that was very well prepared. Good service, although it was a slow night. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Weekday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013This was a weekday lunch and we happened to be celebrating a birthday. I mentioned this as we were being seated and a beer of my choice was on the house-can't beat that. Waitress was excellent. Very personable, bright, well spoken. Service excellent. Very pleased with our selection. Prices very reasonable, too.Special Features:
- We have visited the KitchenWIlliamVIPDined on 1/19/2013We have visited the Kitchen on multiple occasions - have seen that the NC grading went down to 94 and will not frequent this restaurant again on Saturdays - we made a reservation for 8PM - had one Appetizer and two Entrees and we waited a long time for the food to come. Never again....
- I first went here as partOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013I first went here as part of a group of 35. The management and staff were fantastic - they went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable and got our meals in a timely basis. The only part that was unusual for a group is that we were spread out over 5 tables. We were all in the same room, just separate tables. Which isn't good or bad, from my point of view as it made it easier to talk to your table mates rather than talk over one big long table. The second time was with my husband and another couple. The Kitchen has a good atmosphere to sit and talk with enough background noise to make it interesting but still allow a good conversation at our table.Special Features:
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Our server was very knowledgeable on beer selection. Recommend reserving your spot if you don't want to wait too long in lineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cat is awesome!JaymoneyVIPDined on 1/18/2013Love Ash's new concept. It's been a couple years since I had the chance to come back to Wilmington to enjoy any of the Circa restaurants, but when I heard about the kitchen I knew it was going to be worth the trip. Well done with this one. The wine list was well-designed, great prices and variety. The food showed great work by the chef, and the service as wonderful as I always expect.Special Features:
- Wonderful! Attentive service,nonicknameVIPDined on 1/17/2013Wonderful! Attentive service, delicious food, reasonable prices. A menu that has so many wonderful choices. Thank you!Special Features:
- Tasty pizzas and large portionedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2013Tasty pizzas and large portioned salads. Good recommendation from server on beers. Atmosphere still evident of past concepts.
- We loved this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/12/2013We loved this restaurant. Very crowded so make a reservation. Service was slow due to the crowd but the food was great and the atmosphere was perfect! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013The food was good and the ambiance was good. Drove in from Raleigh for wife's birthday would go back again and would recommend friends. However, there was one disppointment the apples in the apple crisp still had the pills on them but still was a good dessert.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. ButnonicknameVIPDined on 12/26/2012The food was delicious. But I am remiss in not asking for the name of our excellent waitress. We were a party of four including a 16-year-old young man whose choice of entree turned out not to be available. After checking in the kitchen, the waitress came back and addressed him as an adult and offered suggestions directly to him. In addition, his mother was curious about a beer with chocolate flavoring. The waitress immediately brought her a small sample to try. (She liked it.) Those extra touches mean a lot and your staff is to be commended.Special Features:
- Everything was just fine exceptLucyintheskyDined on 12/26/2012Everything was just fine except we had notified the restaurant that our group would include a vegan and no provision was made. Waiter was very helpful, but kitchen sent out a dish with cheese despite being ordered for vegan and a reminder from waiter.Special Features:
- It was a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012It was a wonderful experience and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Overall a good experience with some hits / some misses: Pulled Pork & Roasted Chicken w/veg--grocery store or deli average. Service was friendly but sporadic in attentiveness. Shrimp & Grits, Lobster Mac & Cheese--excellent. Based on other reviews will try again.
- Fantastic!LegareDined on 12/15/2012The Kitchen is a favorite of myself and friends. They have a great wine list, a really fantastic menu (try the fried okra, the brisket or the cheese plate! ) and the deserts are the best in town (s'mores!). Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Overall it was agreat diningPeterDined on 12/14/2012Overall it was agreat dining experience. All our meals were better than average. Enjoyed our salad with beats and walnuts. My husband enjoyed his speckled trout. My salmon was great atop a wheat salad with brussel sprouts. My two teenagers devoured everything, especially dessert! While the service was slow and dishes not taken away in timely manner(also an attempt to remove my salad when i was not finished ;( lacked polish, the entrees made up for it.Special Features:
- We had the Duck and it wasRitzDiningguruDined on 12/8/2012We had the Duck and it was great. It is wonderful to have a moderately priced Resturant that offers fresh local food options.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012We have dined at the kitchen many times and have had some great experiences. This particular visit was our anniversary and it was not our normal expectation of the kitchen. The food this time was just ok vs excellent in the past. The service was below the normal service we haves received in the past. My steak was very good but my wife's short rib ravioli was very bland with little taste. One of my favorite dessert of the kitchen is the classics milkshakes and it was taken off the menu. Overall we will go back to the kitchen at some point but the expectations of the kitchens and it being the best restaurant in town in my opinion has been lowered. Thank you for allowing me the honest feedbackSpecial Features:
- Love The KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/29/2012One of my favorite restaurants in Wilmington. LOVE their Fried Green Tomato Salad and their bar is one of my favorites to just sit and relax in.Special Features:
- Good food selection well served,adeGoldenGobblerDined on 10/19/2012Good food selection well served,adequate number of wines to choose from,most by the glass, great beer selection (was a sports bar in prior life). Good service. Good value.Special Features:
- WaltOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Excellent experience. Very unique ambiance inside and the food was outstanding. Service was excellent and overall evening was very enjoyable.Special Features: