The Kitchen - Denver
1530 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Kitchen - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thekitchen.com/the-kitchen-denver/
- Phone: 3036233127x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11-3p daily.
Community (Happy) Hour: 3-6p daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Matheson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering The Kitchen Denver. The Kitchen brings a fresh perspective on ingredients, preparation & guest comfort. Enjoy the relaxing neighborhood atmosphere complimented by superior food & exceptional service. We would be happy to help you create an experience that fits your style.
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Lord 8886379443
A word from The Kitchen - Denver
The Kitchen Denver is a community bistro located in Denver’s Lower Downtown Historic District, open seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Kitchen - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Kitchen - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since April 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (166)special occasion (94)hot spot (62)great for lunch (59)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (57)great for outdoor dining (56)romantic (54)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Would not go backshelVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 and were seated at our exact reservation time which was nice. The service was almost non existent until we had to send a $36.00 rib-eye back for being way overcooked. The Server didn't seem to care although a Manager did buy us dessert for the issue. Real disappointment because this place was recommended by a friend. I have already told people not to try it.
- The Kitchen goes byond the ordinaryBarcodeguyDined on 8/16/2014Besides the food being outstanding (we ordered gougère, sturgeon and Wisdom Farm chicken) the service was of the level where you truly fealt like an honored guest at a private home. Anxious to go back.Special Features:
- Insanely GoodYummyDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing especially the specials. Couldn't have asked for better service!!Special Features:
- One of Denver's better choicesIwhoHaveNothingDined on 8/15/2014Upscale but more farm-to-the-table experience. Gluten-free and vegetable options were a delight. In a city of fast-food, diners, and donuts...it is refreshing to see that Denver can also have elements of Boulder country refinement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than BoulderFoodieDined on 8/14/2014I have long been a fan of The Kitchen in Boulder, and this was my first visit to The Kitchen in Denver. While the food is largely the same except for the addition of a seafood bar in Denver, the space in Denver is vastly superior. It has lots of glass with a lively street outside, high ceilings and lower table density. This will definitely be one of my favorite Denver restaurants.Special Features:
- supporterDined on 8/14/2014This is obviously a happening restaurant! The food was very good and our service was terrific. The noise level made it hard to hear our table mates, however. Our lunch was a business meeting. Next time I'll plan to go for a relaxing and fun experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointed...OnceaclimberDined on 8/10/2014I'm a big fan of The Kitchen in Boulder, but this trip to the Denver location as disappointing. I was there and seated for about 7 minutes before my companion arrived, without any of the wait staff coming around with water or to take a drink order. We sat outside on a day when most people were sitting inside, and the staff seemed inconvenienced by having to go outside to take care of us. My buddy ordered the steak and fries, and asked for it medium-rare. The steak was cooked rare at best. Not even close to turning pink in the middle - it was the translucent purplish-red of uncooked meat. This shouldn't happen when a steak is sliced in the kitchen and the chef can clearly see the inside of the steak. My Bolognese was great as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Kitchen's Not Just a KitchenCollette1Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great meal here- the steak frite was very good, Colorado beef; the quiche was excelled and the artisan cheese was good, but was comprised of one slice of brie with a dollop of marmalade (good but not a selection of artisan cheeses). The wait staff was a little slow and shuffled to and from our table slowly. He didn't match the upscale vibe and bright white washed, glass lit interior with exposed plaster walls and large dining areas. I would return here, the vibe and food and outdoor patio aisle seating was fun and the food was what we expected, if not better.Special Features:
- Great experienceKRCinCODined on 8/9/2014Out of our group of four, we did not have a disappointing dish. Highly recommend the potted salmon (out of this world) as well as the quinoa main dish. Our teenager loved the Bolognese. Finally, if you are a fan of saison/farmhouse ales, you will have a great list to choose from. We will back often!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014The pasta dish was to die for. I am searching online now looking for a way to recreate itSpecial Features:
- Great for Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food was great and service was also very quick. Our food came out in less than 10 min. Great location for business lunch. Food portion was a little small but quality was amazing. Also, it's nice that they take reservations.Special Features:
- A Denver GemTravelingMusicianDined on 8/4/2014Refined cooking, amazing atheistic, attention to detail. We had the oysters for an apetizer... yes please. The hanger steak, the chicken ( fabulous), the palenta appetizer (amazing) & ribeye. All dishes were unique and tasty.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014I took my girlfriend to The Kitchen for her birthday. It is a really nice place to eat out. The server was able to give us great advice on food and drink and did a really good job at tending to our needs without being too intrusive into our evening. The food was amazing as well as the cocktails. Both were very well made and very well presented. Overall we had a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Love the spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and i visited the Kitchen on a Saturday night, 7:30 prime time reservation. They were quite busy but we were shown immediately to a very nice table in the lower room with street views (great for people watching). The space has different seating areas, each with a bit different character, very cool. Service was prompt and professional and the wine list is cool, eclectic and quite reasonable. Both points can make or break a place for me. Never once did i wonder if my waiter was lost (which usually happens at least once) or feel like they were too busy to take care of us. The food is excellent, although the menu a little limited for picky palettes. Great experience overall and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great ambianceNAGJDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went out for a date night and we both agreed that it was once of the best meals we have ever had. We had a 5:30 reservation (couldn't get a later one) and were pleased to find out they had a kind of happy hour until 6. So we enjoyed a couple of great drinks and apps at a discount. The food is amazing and the ambiance is very cool! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our experience!FoodisgoodDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had a great experience here on Friday night. We were celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary, which I had written on our Open Table reservation. They seated us at a table by a window, catered to our every need and served us an anniversary dessert. The food was incredible. We shared a half lobster, oysters, and terrine. I had the bolognese, and my husband ate the sturgeon. Both were absolutely delicious! Overall, I loved our time here and I'm glad we chose it to celebrate together. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't Change A Thing!luv2bakeDined on 8/1/2014Celebrated my son's thirty-first birthday here on Friday - could not have been happier! The waiter and support staff were outstanding - his wine suggestion was spot on, his timing impeccable, his demeanor quite lovely! And the food... absolutely fantastic - particularly the night's fish special! Every single morsel of food simply melted, delighted and satisfied - and we ordered a lot of food! At the end of the meal, a sinfully luscious slice of chocolate heaven was delivered and despite having not one more room for anything... we dove in and devoured it. Who could waste such an offering!? The evening was memorable in every way and we look forward to our return visit. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare Touch of PerfectionSamchildVIPDined on 7/23/2014I can be a picky customer. I pay close attention to food quality, presentation, ambience, service, recipe innovation and the like. Some say my standards are unreasonably high. The Kitchen exceeded all of my standards. Food was perfect in every sway (I had the ribeye -- best I have ever eaten, while Linda had the chicken). Presentation was elegant and void of gimmicks and unnatural formations. Service was precise, uncomplicated and completely responsive. Ambience was stress-relieving, inviting and comfortable. For all of these reasons, it was most enjoyable evening I have spent dining out. But the most prominent reason for my delight was how I was treated by everyone. It is the warmth and genuineness of the people that make it perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat hereRobgo84Dined on 7/23/2014Small plates are intriguing and staff accommodating. Vibrant, good representative of the new dinning in Denver !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timersselfproclaimedfoodieDined on 7/23/2014Heard great things about the Kitchen so thought we would try it out. It was our 3rd anniversary and we were looking for a fun vibrant atmosphere and good food. I would have to say that overall the experience was so so. The service was a bit inattentive, and the food lacked vibrancy. The wine list was approachable (although the server was not familiar with our selection) and the dessert list was very standard fare. We left with no urgency to go back.Special Features:
- Not your mothers kitchenLunchDined on 7/21/2014We dined as a group of three. My son had the bolognese and thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the steak fritte with maitre de beurre, and my husband ordered the papperadelle with hen mushrooms. Both past dishes were done very well. I feel that this would be a restuarant that would not dissapoint anyone's palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice patioalibali246Dined on 7/19/2014Went for our anniversary and the food was excellent and imaginative. Ordered a couple things off of their "community" menu - be sure to pay attention though, not all the dishes listed there are at a discount price (in case you are looking for a deal). Overall, the service was pretty good though we had to go inside to ask if we had a server (think she did not know we were out there) - the server I asked though, immediately helped us and then filled in the person who was covering that area. Other than that, all of the staff were very professional, attentive, and courteous.Special Features:
- OutstandingDAVEDined on 7/19/2014It had been awhile since I had been here but nothing had slipped! Food and Service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Superb for anychichaDined on 7/18/2014occasion, any number of people, all ages and tastes. Service is wonderful, staff is very knowledgable. Bar and food menus are enticing.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014Now that there are multiple Kitchens on the Front Range - the newness is wearing off and, frankly, I don't think there is anything really special about them - particularly the one in Denver!Special Features:
- Chicken was overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014We accidentally went to the Kitchen at Union Station. My lamb chops were good and the oysters were excellent, but the chicken was overlooked and my husband did not tell me until the next day.Special Features:
- Amazing!Shannyn101Dined on 7/15/2014Spectacular! Everything was divine! Our servers were great and made us feel special. The food was amazing! I will dream of those lamb chops ;-) Thank you TKD!Special Features:
- Great Date NightLumberJackDined on 7/12/2014Had a great date night dinner with my wife. Food was wonderful and they had an outstanding wine and beer list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/8/2014Our waiter seemed a bit disoriented and was not very attentive (we were a party of two (2)). This was my first time visiting The Kitchen. I would go back but would ask to be re-seated with a different wait person if I was given the same waiter I had yesterday. I enjoyed everything else about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rustyovenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014We had a great experience at The Kitchen and will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday Weekend FuntastechaserVIPDined on 7/4/2014My 15 year old foodie daughter was impressed I picked such a cool place. We were there at 3PM on a Friday and enjoyed the Community Hour menu. Her hanger steak frites was one of the best bites of red meat I've had in a while. I enjoyed my pulled pork sandwich there, then later, the second half of the sandwich was even better later and refrigerated. Can't wait to see their full menu. Very cool vibe.Special Features:
- Great placemarkVIPDined on 7/2/2014When we give a family member a choice of where to go for their event they always choose the kitchen. The food is unique and great. Service friendly and observant.Special Features:
- Late night dinnerMimiDined on 6/28/2014Great food and drink selection. I love the decor and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCarrieDined on 6/27/2014Four of us shared a most delightful experience on the patio at The Kitchen. The food was delicious, and the service was great. If you are wondering what to order, the ribeye was especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Best Denver Dining ExperienceGrandBobVIPDined on 6/25/2014This was the best of a number of the top Denver restaurants we sampled while there for nearly a week for business. Excellent varied menu. The sturgeon was outstanding. Friendly helpful staff; nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in downtownChicagoTreeMDVIPDined on 6/25/2014If you like local food this is the place! Upscale yet relaxed. Local gin and vodka. Awesome drinks. Menu is VERY healthy. Must do if you're into food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall greatDrumchica9Dined on 6/24/2014Enjoyed the laid back elegance here and the majority of the food. A few of the flavor combinations were strange to me, but that might just be my palate. Grapefruit sorbet was one of the most delicious things I've eaten in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/23/2014As always, The Kitchen Denver was amazing. Great service, wonderful drinks and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This was our first time at The Kitchen. The decor was very attractive, drinks delicious, mussels appetizer substantial and perfectly flavored. My husband had steak (ribeye?) and I had a curried chicken. We both cleaned our plates. Atypically, we ordered dessert. His salted caramel gelato was the best we've ever had and I had a meringue/berry selection that was incredible. We will DEFINITELY be back - no complaints.Special Features:
- A MustgaffgaVIPDined on 6/23/2014Categorically great experience! Food, service, drinks, ambience- all make this place a "must" for Denver diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.