The Kitchen - Denver
1530 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Kitchen - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thekitchen.com/the-kitchen-denver/
- Phone: (303) 623-3127
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11-3p daily.
Community (Happy) Hour: 3-6p daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Matheson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering The Kitchen Denver. The Kitchen brings a fresh perspective on ingredients, preparation & guest comfort. Enjoy the relaxing neighborhood atmosphere complimented by superior food & exceptional service. We would be happy to help you create an experience that fits your style.
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Lord 8886379443
A word from The Kitchen - Denver
The Kitchen Denver is a community bistro located in Denver’s Lower Downtown Historic District, open seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Kitchen - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Kitchen - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)special occasion (87)good for groups (68)hot spot (63)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (50)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Won't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014I read the reviews (which were stellar) beforehand and was excited to treat my boyfriend to a great experience with amazing food. I don't know if they were having an off night or what, but the food was NOT what we were expecting. We started with the mussels, I didn't think they were awful, but I've had much better for much less. My boyfriend really didn't like them at all, said they tasted "farmy" whatever that means. Main courses - my boyfriend got the ribeye, (most expensive thing on the menu) and it was way over seasoned...extremely salty. That's just not really acceptable when you are spending $40 on an entree. I had the parpardelle which was just ok. We split a dessert, which again, was just ok, nothing special. Not trying to be picky, but when you go to a restaurant and spend $150 for two people, you expect it to be delicious. We don't typically spend that much on a night out, so it was disappointing to say the least. Service was really good and the restuarant has a nice ambiance. Giving it 2 stars based on the food alone.
- Good restaurant, uncomfortable seatingMamawantstakeoutDined on 11/17/2014Our food was very good, and inventive with stuff I've never seen on another menu (wheatberries and squashm for example). I had the lamb, and my companion had the wheatberries and squash, and we split the spiced eggplant appetizer. Service was great. My only complaint was that we were seated at a high table and the chairs were so very uncomfortable that I found myself longing for our lovely dinner to end. If they replaced these chairs it would be a much more pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't DisappointColoEljayDined on 11/15/2014Love this place! We'd been to The Kitchen in Boulder several times and loved it. This is just as good. Great food, great staff and servers, beautiful space. My only complaint...I left our doggie bag on the table and didn't have my wonderful leftovers to enjoy the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BradDined on 11/14/2014The service was outstanding. Very personalized without being overbearing. The cheese plate had excellent pairings. Cocktails were fun. The seafood platter was very good and plenty of food. We were there for my wife's birthday and the server brought us bubbles and a homemade toffee bar. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceDrDaveDined on 11/13/2014I sat at the bar and had a fantastic meal with great service. The bar staff were all very accommodating and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2014The staff at all levels is so professional, never a "...sorry, not your server..." all just make the guests comfortable. My server went above and beyond to ensure the kitchen made my meal allergy-free. Salmon was delicious...salad with hazelnuts was to die for! Dessert next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem on 16 thparkerguestDined on 11/9/2014Great fresh, organic lunch. Menu has something for everyone including some unique, flavorful creations.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodies4food2nightDined on 11/8/2014Calling all Foodies! The menu selection gave a lot of variety for everyone in the party. The server gave great advice on wine pairings to go with each dish. Great experience!!!!Special Features:
- All around wonderfulJulia228Dined on 11/7/2014Delicious and unique cocktails at the bar, friendly staff, great service, fantastic wine recommendations, incredible food (amazing vegetarian options), great ambience. We loved everything about Kitchen Table! We will definitely be back next time we're in Colorado :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most excellentFoodieDined on 11/6/2014There were 4 of us and each of raved about our meal. Our server was attentive and very pleasant. It was a perfect evening!Special Features:
- Top NotchFoodsnobDined on 11/6/2014This is perhaps my favorite place in Denver! I love the freshness of the food, changing menu, and the staff. The first place I recommend to others. I would put the on par with some of my favorites in San Francisco and a little place calle Bar Acuda in Hanelai.Special Features:
- Excellent!JohnVIPDined on 11/1/2014We made the mistake of going to The Kitchen Denver when it was still fairly new when they were still ironing out the inevitable bumps that occur when a new restaurant opens. The menu was variable and things just didn't make for the kind of dining experience you expect from a franchise as well known for quality as the Kitchen has always been. Therefore, it took us four years to return, and boy are we glad we did. We both loved our entrees (a fish special and a pork chop). Service was splendid, wines extremely good and well chosen (by our waiter) for what we were having. And the desserts (apple tart and toffee pudding) were to die for. No doubts any more. Go and enjoy!Special Features:
- Quite and nonspectacularBobbyeVIPDined on 10/31/2014I do not think I would return to the kitchen. It wasn't greatSpecial Features:
- tennisfoodieDined on 10/30/2014"Ingrid's" lobster and mussels were outstanding! Will definitely return to try some other dishes.Special Features:
- Denver TreasureDrJohnDined on 10/29/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my evening meal at The Kitchen! The staff were pleasant, knowledgeable and expert in their service. Moreover, they worked as a cohesive and evidently happy team. Good service will only get you so far if the entress fail to live up to their billing. However, my meal matched the flawless service and from starters, to entree, and on to the dessert, my expectations were readily met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better atmosphere than foodJackVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great outdoor patio and bar, thought the food was average. Put off that we had to ask for bread. Good sturgeon and lamb burgers, average soaps, dessert and wine. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Foodies Rejoice!downtownDinerDined on 10/22/2014What an amazing restaurant - every time I eat here it's just as good as the first time. Our entire table got lamb burgers and they were all cooked to perfection and piping hot when they arrived. The fries were also hot, crispy, and just salty enough! Have I mentioned the ketchup? No? Well. The ketchup is made in-house and my husband is addicted. I think he'd drink the stuff if he could. It's good. Really good. The ambience is a fun, lively place at lunch. Plan on speaking up with your group as it's rather loud in there! Service is a bit slower at lunch but totally worth the wait. Try it. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The Kitchen never disappoints! Food was great, servers were incredibly knowledgeable about the ingredients in their dishes, and very helpful. We never regret our choice to go here.Special Features:
- OverpricedKatrnDined on 10/17/2014Small menu and overpriced. Service was ok, not great. I enjoyed it but at the end of the meal, I thought I could have gotten the same meal somewhere else for less.Special Features:
- Almost Perfect!AnnaDined on 10/16/2014Loved my dinner at the Denver location of The Kitchen - the pumpkin soup, pork chop, and peach sorbet were so yummy, I could have them over and over. Our waitperson was friendly and provided excellent service. The place was on the noisy side, so it was kind of hard to have a quiet conversation with my dining companion. The prices were on the high side, but bought good food and good services. Really wish I were living in Denver again and could go to The Kitchen more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Place; Good FoodhappilydiningVIPDined on 10/16/2014The place was packed, which is always a good sign. We started with the mussells for an appetizer. First, it was plenty for two people to share as an appetizer. The mussells were fresh and cooked perfectly and the sauce was outstanding. We also had the Coho Salmon and White Sturgeon, both were incredible. I wish we had room for dessert, but maybe next time. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Denver, and this one is now at the top of our list. It was simply good food, good service and a place that should not be passed by if you enjoy a top quality restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen Next Door - GlendaleLoveTractorsDined on 10/16/2014Great happy hour and rooftop area. At great add to the Cherry Creek area without all the hassle of CC North. We took our son for his 3rd birthday and the meatballs rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Denver dineTravelerDined on 10/16/2014Great location; city vibe. Started with garlic fries (Wonderful!!) and mixed olives. Chopped salad with romaine average, added chicken. Hazelnuts good addition. Bolognese with pasta satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?KatAMaroonVIPDined on 10/16/2014This was a favorite monthly drinks and dinner spot. Last weekend, Saturday night, normally happy servers we have gotten to know personally seemed stressed. We were overcharged. Overall atmosphere had changed. Manager, James, was impolite and less than hospitable. So disappointed.
- Lunch @ KitchenHungryBankerDined on 10/15/2014Reasonable lunch menu, fresh ingredients prepared well, lovely space on 16th street mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it, as always.AKXYDined on 10/10/2014Celebrating my wife's birthday I made reservations a week ahead and asked for a "nice table" and we were not disappointed. The food was exquisite and our server, Abby, was not only knowledgeable about the selections of food and wine, she was also very attentive to our needs. It's always a pleasurable experience to eat at The Kitchen.Special Features:
- JeBeDined on 10/8/2014Tried the pigs ears for fun with out of town guests. Delicious sauce and prep, but like putting lipstick on a pig, just doesn't work. I must say our lamb and chicken and sturgeon entrees were delicious, especially liked the sturgeon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in two days!AtlantaVisitorDined on 10/6/2014I'm in from out of town and found this gem by doing a Google search on "great Denver restaurants." I was not disappointed. Everything was just wonderful. We had the humus, greens, and garlic fries for appetizers. All were fantastic but the greens were just scrumptious. The bolognese was delicious and the quinoa was loved by my colleague. Just can't say enough great things about everything we had. We loved it so much, we came back for a second night instead of going to other highly recommended restaurants. The atmosphere is busy and the noise level is medium inside. We sat outside both nights and found it to be very peaceful and comfortable.Special Features:
- Need PointsDenverdoesfoodwellDined on 10/5/2014Our party of seniors enjoyed our first visit to The Kitchen, very handy for downtown events. Open Table is likewise a very handy service, but I have a problem with restaurants that take advantage of Open Table for their reservation system but don't participate in the points program. I believe that restaurants who enjoy the service of Open Table should be required to award points or they don't get to play.Special Features:
- 16th St. Mall LUNCH SPOTJeepDined on 9/30/2014Really nice spot for lunch (haven't tried dinner). Fairly quiet, not average mall traffic. Nice fresh seafood, comparable pricing with all other nice lunch spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014I have been here twice while visiting Denver, and really am impressed. Excellent menu, filled with so many things I want to eat, and they do not disappoint. I generally like this trend of local, farm-to-table, new American dining, but it isn't always as amazing as it sounds. Here, it is amazing. I loved our appetizers, mussels in amazing broth, cheese, oysters, and also had a perfectly cooked pork chop. Desserts also cannot be missed. Wine and beer is well-selected. Decor is simple and comfortable. Reservations were not too difficult to get.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The Sticky Toffee Pudding and Chocolate Nemesis are ahhhhmazing!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The portions where perfect, the food was delicious! It's pricey but totally worth it!Special Features:
- Allergy Friendly FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary at the Denver Kitchen Cafe on Wazee and had a wonderful experience! I was especially thrilled that I didn't have to remind them of my food allergies after noting them at time of reservation. They immediately offered foods safe for me... And the allergy friendly selection was large. The food was flavorful and colorful- so delicious, servers were conscientious, friendly and prompt, and I love the rustic modern aesthetic. Great way to celebrate! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantRyanKVIPDined on 9/24/2014Very professionally run establishment with enough humility to keep you comfortable but seriousness to keep you marveled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchDISGUSTEDVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was good, food was great liked the restaurant and will return again. I had Portobello mushroom sandwich and it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014The Kitchen is simply a great and consistently good restaurant. The service is always extremely professional. The food is at a very high quality level and consistently good.Special Features:
- Great experience!SuuuzDined on 9/21/2014First time there, I got the Hanger Steak, my boyfriend got the Small Seafood Platter and it was all amazing! The Seafood platter is a dream come true for any seafood lover. The crab legs were our favorite. The server was very knowledgeable, friendly and was personal with us. Multiple team members helped out throughout the evening which is always appreciated. A must for everyone to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raw chicken not once, but twicebconjackDined on 9/21/2014I ordered the chicken breast dish and it came out raw. Sent it back and it came out raw still! Server was wonderful and took off the check. All the ambiance of a high school cafeteria. Husband ordered quinoa and broccoli dish. He was unimpressed also. Will not return to this restaurant
- gishDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant service was great the food was very good and different. The openness of the tables was find because there was also areas for more private dining so overall a great find and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.