The Kitchen - Denver
1530 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Kitchen - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thekitchen.com/the-kitchen-denver/
- Phone: 3036233127x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11-3p daily.
Community (Happy) Hour: 3-6p daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Matheson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering The Kitchen Denver. The Kitchen brings a fresh perspective on ingredients, preparation & guest comfort. Enjoy the relaxing neighborhood atmosphere complimented by superior food & exceptional service. We would be happy to help you create an experience that fits your style.
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Lord 8886379443
A word from The Kitchen - Denver
The Kitchen Denver is a community bistro located in Denver’s Lower Downtown Historic District, open seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Kitchen - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Kitchen - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (185)special occasion (92)good for groups (73)hot spot (66)notable wine list (62)great for lunch (58)great for outdoor dining (56)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (22)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Better atmosphere than foodJackVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great outdoor patio and bar, thought the food was average. Put off that we had to ask for bread. Good sturgeon and lamb burgers, average soaps, dessert and wine. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Foodies Rejoice!downtownDinerDined on 10/22/2014What an amazing restaurant - every time I eat here it's just as good as the first time. Our entire table got lamb burgers and they were all cooked to perfection and piping hot when they arrived. The fries were also hot, crispy, and just salty enough! Have I mentioned the ketchup? No? Well. The ketchup is made in-house and my husband is addicted. I think he'd drink the stuff if he could. It's good. Really good. The ambience is a fun, lively place at lunch. Plan on speaking up with your group as it's rather loud in there! Service is a bit slower at lunch but totally worth the wait. Try it. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The Kitchen never disappoints! Food was great, servers were incredibly knowledgeable about the ingredients in their dishes, and very helpful. We never regret our choice to go here.Special Features:
- OverpricedKatrnDined on 10/17/2014Small menu and overpriced. Service was ok, not great. I enjoyed it but at the end of the meal, I thought I could have gotten the same meal somewhere else for less.Special Features:
- Classy Place; Good FoodhappilydiningVIPDined on 10/16/2014The place was packed, which is always a good sign. We started with the mussells for an appetizer. First, it was plenty for two people to share as an appetizer. The mussells were fresh and cooked perfectly and the sauce was outstanding. We also had the Coho Salmon and White Sturgeon, both were incredible. I wish we had room for dessert, but maybe next time. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Denver, and this one is now at the top of our list. It was simply good food, good service and a place that should not be passed by if you enjoy a top quality restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen Next Door - GlendaleLoveTractorsDined on 10/16/2014Great happy hour and rooftop area. At great add to the Cherry Creek area without all the hassle of CC North. We took our son for his 3rd birthday and the meatballs rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Denver dineTravelerDined on 10/16/2014Great location; city vibe. Started with garlic fries (Wonderful!!) and mixed olives. Chopped salad with romaine average, added chicken. Hazelnuts good addition. Bolognese with pasta satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?KatAMaroonVIPDined on 10/16/2014This was a favorite monthly drinks and dinner spot. Last weekend, Saturday night, normally happy servers we have gotten to know personally seemed stressed. We were overcharged. Overall atmosphere had changed. Manager, James, was impolite and less than hospitable. So disappointed.
- Lunch @ KitchenHungryBankerDined on 10/15/2014Reasonable lunch menu, fresh ingredients prepared well, lovely space on 16th street mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it, as always.AKXYDined on 10/10/2014Celebrating my wife's birthday I made reservations a week ahead and asked for a "nice table" and we were not disappointed. The food was exquisite and our server, Abby, was not only knowledgeable about the selections of food and wine, she was also very attentive to our needs. It's always a pleasurable experience to eat at The Kitchen.Special Features:
- JeBeDined on 10/8/2014Tried the pigs ears for fun with out of town guests. Delicious sauce and prep, but like putting lipstick on a pig, just doesn't work. I must say our lamb and chicken and sturgeon entrees were delicious, especially liked the sturgeon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in two days!AtlantaVisitorDined on 10/6/2014I'm in from out of town and found this gem by doing a Google search on "great Denver restaurants." I was not disappointed. Everything was just wonderful. We had the humus, greens, and garlic fries for appetizers. All were fantastic but the greens were just scrumptious. The bolognese was delicious and the quinoa was loved by my colleague. Just can't say enough great things about everything we had. We loved it so much, we came back for a second night instead of going to other highly recommended restaurants. The atmosphere is busy and the noise level is medium inside. We sat outside both nights and found it to be very peaceful and comfortable.Special Features:
- Need PointsDenverdoesfoodwellDined on 10/5/2014Our party of seniors enjoyed our first visit to The Kitchen, very handy for downtown events. Open Table is likewise a very handy service, but I have a problem with restaurants that take advantage of Open Table for their reservation system but don't participate in the points program. I believe that restaurants who enjoy the service of Open Table should be required to award points or they don't get to play.Special Features:
- 16th St. Mall LUNCH SPOTJeepDined on 9/30/2014Really nice spot for lunch (haven't tried dinner). Fairly quiet, not average mall traffic. Nice fresh seafood, comparable pricing with all other nice lunch spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014I have been here twice while visiting Denver, and really am impressed. Excellent menu, filled with so many things I want to eat, and they do not disappoint. I generally like this trend of local, farm-to-table, new American dining, but it isn't always as amazing as it sounds. Here, it is amazing. I loved our appetizers, mussels in amazing broth, cheese, oysters, and also had a perfectly cooked pork chop. Desserts also cannot be missed. Wine and beer is well-selected. Decor is simple and comfortable. Reservations were not too difficult to get.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The Sticky Toffee Pudding and Chocolate Nemesis are ahhhhmazing!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The portions where perfect, the food was delicious! It's pricey but totally worth it!Special Features:
- Allergy Friendly FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary at the Denver Kitchen Cafe on Wazee and had a wonderful experience! I was especially thrilled that I didn't have to remind them of my food allergies after noting them at time of reservation. They immediately offered foods safe for me... And the allergy friendly selection was large. The food was flavorful and colorful- so delicious, servers were conscientious, friendly and prompt, and I love the rustic modern aesthetic. Great way to celebrate! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantRyanKDined on 9/24/2014Very professionally run establishment with enough humility to keep you comfortable but seriousness to keep you marveled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchDISGUSTEDVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was good, food was great liked the restaurant and will return again. I had Portobello mushroom sandwich and it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014The Kitchen is simply a great and consistently good restaurant. The service is always extremely professional. The food is at a very high quality level and consistently good.Special Features:
- Great experience!SuuuzDined on 9/21/2014First time there, I got the Hanger Steak, my boyfriend got the Small Seafood Platter and it was all amazing! The Seafood platter is a dream come true for any seafood lover. The crab legs were our favorite. The server was very knowledgeable, friendly and was personal with us. Multiple team members helped out throughout the evening which is always appreciated. A must for everyone to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raw chicken not once, but twicebconjackDined on 9/21/2014I ordered the chicken breast dish and it came out raw. Sent it back and it came out raw still! Server was wonderful and took off the check. All the ambiance of a high school cafeteria. Husband ordered quinoa and broccoli dish. He was unimpressed also. Will not return to this restaurant
- gishDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant service was great the food was very good and different. The openness of the tables was find because there was also areas for more private dining so overall a great find and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very MediocreTabithaDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner at The Kitchen in January '14 and enjoyed the Cassoulet on a cold snowy night. This second time, we sat outside which was pleasant but the food and service were very average. The Seafood Platter was uninspired without drawn butter for the lobster and the Fries were soggy. Server forgot what we ordered to drink and came back to ask again. The Seafood Platter was the wrong size order and had to be replaced. Very disappointing and overpriced for what we had.
- AverageSpendyDined on 9/19/2014Food was average at best especially for the $ amount. Server was awesome but far too many other choices for that kind of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceGigerDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time here and I am happy to say it will not be my last time. The food was very tasty and the service was great, very friendly and helpful with deciding what to try out. My friend had the oysters, wasn't sure which kind to try and so the server gave good suggestions, my friend was very pleased! I had the curried chicken salad (dressing on the side, which I didn't even use because really didn't need any), which was amazing. I can't wait to go back and have it again! I highly recommend trying this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week night outterryDined on 9/17/2014We and our guests from out of town loved the food which was well presented with interesting accompaniments. The wine was well priced and the sommelier was very helpful. The restaurant represented what is best in downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere & Great FoodSpecialPlaceDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed being there for the "Community Menu"; basically happy hour. Food was great and the atmosphere was nice. We would go back.Special Features:
- Good food, okay servicecoloradoclintDined on 9/14/2014I love The Kitchen in Boulder and have always been excited to try The Kitchen in Denver. Boulder's location is elegant yet practical with spot-on service every time. I think it's the service and feel of the Boulder location that was missing in Denver. We had to remind the host of our Open Table reservation and she still never counted the points. We asked for things like place settings, bread, and our check, which has yet to happen in the many times I've visited the Boulder location. I can't say I won't return, but I can say I'd enthusiastically go back to The Kitchen in Boulder while not so here in Denver.Special Features:
- You must try the Kitchen !MBinCOLODined on 9/11/2014This is now on my short list of favorite restaurants in Denver. Gracious and efficient service along with delicious and unique food. I loved the goat cheese gougere and, surprisingly, the pig ears which were outrageously good. Everyone raved about their entrees and I came off looking like a genius to my boss and business colleagues because I made the reservations. I'll be back... but not soon enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deee-lishbridenDineDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding service and food! Drinks, appetizers and meals were all timed perfectly from an attentive but not overbearing server. Our food was delicious. Seasonal peach/burrata bruschetta and mussels for an app. Best quality and size mussels I've had in Denver. My date agreed the broth, while delicious, could have used a spicy kick from cayenne or something. The surprisingly large serving was more than adequate for an appetizer for two. Now. The ribeyes. We both got them. Cooked a perfect, melt-in-your-mouth medium rare. Accompanied by some deliciously crispy broccoli and the best and most uniquely prepared potatoes I've ever had. Herb horseradish fingerlings. I dream of these. Who dreams of potatoes? You will dream of these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing attentive staffUFGBDined on 9/4/2014Seasonal peach appetizer was incredible. Mussels were perfect. Main dishes were delicious. The service was impeccable and all will keep us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection Nice Staffckmd25VIPDined on 9/2/2014We went here on a Tuesday night and it is a very nice restaurant. Not too stuffy but still classy :) The decor is very nice and the waitress was very friendly. The menu all has a nice selection and both my dining partner and I enjoyed our dishes. He had the streak frites and I had the chicken. Plus they had a sticky toffee pudding for dessert which he thoroughly enjoyed. The only suggestion I have is too perhaps have bread as a free appetizer. You have to pay if you want bread. No biggy, but it's nice to have some bread to munch on without having to pay 6-7 dollars. Overall we really enjoyed this place. The ambience was nice, the food was good, the waitstaff was efficient and friendly. It's hard to find nice restaurants in Denver. Rare gem.
- Great dinner at The KitchenDinerDined on 9/1/2014Love coming to The Kitchen. Hard to go wrong with anything you order. We had the peach bruschetta (awesome), oysters which the kitchen messed up and gave us 11 instead of 6, steak and peach torte. The service is great as well we ordered a Rose and the waiter suggested another wine after we ended up both getting different steaks for dinner, the Italian red worked much better. They even added a candle to my torte for my birthday! Would suggest The Kitchen to anyone in Lodo looking for a solid meal.Special Features:
- Impressed again!Hard2impressDined on 8/31/2014I live in Chicago and every time I'm in the Denver area I make a special trip to the Kitchen. I have eaten at all of the Kitchen locations and they are all consistantly outstanding and speak to my culinary soul. The dedication to quality ingredients and creative preparations is always impressive. Being in the hospitality industry, I am amazed at the focus on education to the front of the house staff. I have never seen a stronger commitment from any other restaurant. The results are amazing as the staff seems to know about every ingredient and where it's from. The Kitchen creates a standard of quality food,service and ambience that all other restaurants should try to achieve.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceChompChimpDined on 8/30/2014Peach Bruschetta, pate with mustard, amazing ribeye. Knowledgable sommelier. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but....jjclosDined on 8/30/2014the food was ok/good. the entree's were the same as the last time I was there. although some of the appetizers were different and albeit kind of weird. I was a little disappointed on this trip to the kitchen. they can do better. the only pinot noir by the glass was the "rickshaw" and it was horrendous. the service was only so-so and the waiter had BO. I will go back to the kitchen but not for a while.... humboldt is better.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantJamesDined on 8/29/2014The staff is excellent and always make me feel welcome. I really like the idea of the food being locally sourced and it is very well prepared/presented. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch at The KitchenKrisannQDined on 8/29/2014I had heard a lot about this restaurant and was anxious to try it. I was a little disappointed though - mainly in the special that day which was the quiche. It was undercooked, and I wish I had ordered something different. However, the nectarine bruchetta was very good!Special Features: