The Kitchen - Denver
1530 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Kitchen - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thekitchen.com/the-kitchen-denver/
- Phone: 3036233127x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11-3p daily.
Community (Happy) Hour: 3-6p daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Matheson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering The Kitchen Denver. The Kitchen brings a fresh perspective on ingredients, preparation & guest comfort. Enjoy the relaxing neighborhood atmosphere complimented by superior food & exceptional service. We would be happy to help you create an experience that fits your style.
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Lord 8886379443
A word from The Kitchen - Denver
The Kitchen Denver is a community bistro located in Denver’s Lower Downtown Historic District, open seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Kitchen - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Kitchen - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (171)special occasion (94)hot spot (69)good for groups (61)notable wine list (59)great for outdoor dining (59)romantic (54)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (48)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (24)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014Food was average at best especially for the $ amount. Server was awesome but far too many other choices for that kind of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week night outterryDined on 9/17/2014We and our guests from out of town loved the food which was well presented with interesting accompaniments. The wine was well priced and the sommelier was very helpful. The restaurant represented what is best in downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere & Great FoodSpecialPlaceDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed being there for the "Community Menu"; basically happy hour. Food was great and the atmosphere was nice. We would go back.Special Features:
- Good food, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014I love The Kitchen in Boulder and have always been excited to try The Kitchen in Denver. Boulder's location is elegant yet practical with spot-on service every time. I think it's the service and feel of the Boulder location that was missing in Denver. We had to remind the host of our Open Table reservation and she still never counted the points. We asked for things like place settings, bread, and our check, which has yet to happen in the many times I've visited the Boulder location. I can't say I won't return, but I can say I'd enthusiastically go back to The Kitchen in Boulder while not so here in Denver.Special Features:
- You must try the Kitchen !MBinCOLODined on 9/11/2014This is now on my short list of favorite restaurants in Denver. Gracious and efficient service along with delicious and unique food. I loved the goat cheese gougere and, surprisingly, the pig ears which were outrageously good. Everyone raved about their entrees and I came off looking like a genius to my boss and business colleagues because I made the reservations. I'll be back... but not soon enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deee-lishbridenDineDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding service and food! Drinks, appetizers and meals were all timed perfectly from an attentive but not overbearing server. Our food was delicious. Seasonal peach/burrata bruschetta and mussels for an app. Best quality and size mussels I've had in Denver. My date agreed the broth, while delicious, could have used a spicy kick from cayenne or something. The surprisingly large serving was more than adequate for an appetizer for two. Now. The ribeyes. We both got them. Cooked a perfect, melt-in-your-mouth medium rare. Accompanied by some deliciously crispy broccoli and the best and most uniquely prepared potatoes I've ever had. Herb horseradish fingerlings. I dream of these. Who dreams of potatoes? You will dream of these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing attentive staffUFGBDined on 9/4/2014Seasonal peach appetizer was incredible. Mussels were perfect. Main dishes were delicious. The service was impeccable and all will keep us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection Nice Staffckmd25VIPDined on 9/2/2014We went here on a Tuesday night and it is a very nice restaurant. Not too stuffy but still classy :) The decor is very nice and the waitress was very friendly. The menu all has a nice selection and both my dining partner and I enjoyed our dishes. He had the streak frites and I had the chicken. Plus they had a sticky toffee pudding for dessert which he thoroughly enjoyed. The only suggestion I have is too perhaps have bread as a free appetizer. You have to pay if you want bread. No biggy, but it's nice to have some bread to munch on without having to pay 6-7 dollars. Overall we really enjoyed this place. The ambience was nice, the food was good, the waitstaff was efficient and friendly. It's hard to find nice restaurants in Denver. Rare gem.
- Great dinner at The KitchenDinerDined on 9/1/2014Love coming to The Kitchen. Hard to go wrong with anything you order. We had the peach bruschetta (awesome), oysters which the kitchen messed up and gave us 11 instead of 6, steak and peach torte. The service is great as well we ordered a Rose and the waiter suggested another wine after we ended up both getting different steaks for dinner, the Italian red worked much better. They even added a candle to my torte for my birthday! Would suggest The Kitchen to anyone in Lodo looking for a solid meal.Special Features:
- Impressed again!Hard2impressDined on 8/31/2014I live in Chicago and every time I'm in the Denver area I make a special trip to the Kitchen. I have eaten at all of the Kitchen locations and they are all consistantly outstanding and speak to my culinary soul. The dedication to quality ingredients and creative preparations is always impressive. Being in the hospitality industry, I am amazed at the focus on education to the front of the house staff. I have never seen a stronger commitment from any other restaurant. The results are amazing as the staff seems to know about every ingredient and where it's from. The Kitchen creates a standard of quality food,service and ambience that all other restaurants should try to achieve.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceChompChimpDined on 8/30/2014Peach Bruschetta, pate with mustard, amazing ribeye. Knowledgable sommelier. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but....jjclosDined on 8/30/2014the food was ok/good. the entree's were the same as the last time I was there. although some of the appetizers were different and albeit kind of weird. I was a little disappointed on this trip to the kitchen. they can do better. the only pinot noir by the glass was the "rickshaw" and it was horrendous. the service was only so-so and the waiter had BO. I will go back to the kitchen but not for a while.... humboldt is better.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantJamesDined on 8/29/2014The staff is excellent and always make me feel welcome. I really like the idea of the food being locally sourced and it is very well prepared/presented. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch at The KitchenKrisannQDined on 8/29/2014I had heard a lot about this restaurant and was anxious to try it. I was a little disappointed though - mainly in the special that day which was the quiche. It was undercooked, and I wish I had ordered something different. However, the nectarine bruchetta was very good!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants.mden2014Dined on 8/27/2014Great service, beautiful restaurant and delicious food...it is consistently good.Special Features:
- Excellent local foodBawanaDined on 8/26/2014Love the food options and use of local and sustainable farmers, etc for Outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Good but,,,,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always good if find something you like. Just because your chef may like goat cheese, everybody does not. Stop putting goat cheese on everyone you serve. It's terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutGreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! The wine steward was patient and really helpful. We loved the selection. The wait staff was prompt and friendly. They offered suggestions and very knowledgeable on the menu. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We went to The Kitchen to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, and the staff went above and beyond to make it an extra special meal for us. It was simply the most thoughtful service we have every experienced in any restaurant, ever. Thank you Kitchen staff for helping to make our night extra special. Did I even mention that the meal was over the top delicious?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backshelVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 and were seated at our exact reservation time which was nice. The service was almost non existent until we had to send a $36.00 rib-eye back for being way overcooked. The Server didn't seem to care although a Manager did buy us dessert for the issue. Real disappointment because this place was recommended by a friend. I have already told people not to try it.
- The Kitchen goes byond the ordinaryBarcodeguyDined on 8/16/2014Besides the food being outstanding (we ordered gougère, sturgeon and Wisdom Farm chicken) the service was of the level where you truly fealt like an honored guest at a private home. Anxious to go back.Special Features:
- Insanely GoodYummyDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing especially the specials. Couldn't have asked for better service!!Special Features:
- One of Denver's better choicesIwhoHaveNothingDined on 8/15/2014Upscale but more farm-to-the-table experience. Gluten-free and vegetable options were a delight. In a city of fast-food, diners, and donuts...it is refreshing to see that Denver can also have elements of Boulder country refinement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than BoulderFoodieDined on 8/14/2014I have long been a fan of The Kitchen in Boulder, and this was my first visit to The Kitchen in Denver. While the food is largely the same except for the addition of a seafood bar in Denver, the space in Denver is vastly superior. It has lots of glass with a lively street outside, high ceilings and lower table density. This will definitely be one of my favorite Denver restaurants.Special Features:
- supporterDined on 8/14/2014This is obviously a happening restaurant! The food was very good and our service was terrific. The noise level made it hard to hear our table mates, however. Our lunch was a business meeting. Next time I'll plan to go for a relaxing and fun experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointed...OnceaclimberDined on 8/10/2014I'm a big fan of The Kitchen in Boulder, but this trip to the Denver location as disappointing. I was there and seated for about 7 minutes before my companion arrived, without any of the wait staff coming around with water or to take a drink order. We sat outside on a day when most people were sitting inside, and the staff seemed inconvenienced by having to go outside to take care of us. My buddy ordered the steak and fries, and asked for it medium-rare. The steak was cooked rare at best. Not even close to turning pink in the middle - it was the translucent purplish-red of uncooked meat. This shouldn't happen when a steak is sliced in the kitchen and the chef can clearly see the inside of the steak. My Bolognese was great as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Kitchen's Not Just a KitchenCollette1Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great meal here- the steak frite was very good, Colorado beef; the quiche was excelled and the artisan cheese was good, but was comprised of one slice of brie with a dollop of marmalade (good but not a selection of artisan cheeses). The wait staff was a little slow and shuffled to and from our table slowly. He didn't match the upscale vibe and bright white washed, glass lit interior with exposed plaster walls and large dining areas. I would return here, the vibe and food and outdoor patio aisle seating was fun and the food was what we expected, if not better.Special Features:
- Great experienceKRCinCODined on 8/9/2014Out of our group of four, we did not have a disappointing dish. Highly recommend the potted salmon (out of this world) as well as the quinoa main dish. Our teenager loved the Bolognese. Finally, if you are a fan of saison/farmhouse ales, you will have a great list to choose from. We will back often!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014The pasta dish was to die for. I am searching online now looking for a way to recreate itSpecial Features:
- Great for Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food was great and service was also very quick. Our food came out in less than 10 min. Great location for business lunch. Food portion was a little small but quality was amazing. Also, it's nice that they take reservations.Special Features:
- A Denver GemTravelingMusicianDined on 8/4/2014Refined cooking, amazing atheistic, attention to detail. We had the oysters for an apetizer... yes please. The hanger steak, the chicken ( fabulous), the palenta appetizer (amazing) & ribeye. All dishes were unique and tasty.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceTrickyRedcoatDined on 8/3/2014I took my girlfriend to The Kitchen for her birthday. It is a really nice place to eat out. The server was able to give us great advice on food and drink and did a really good job at tending to our needs without being too intrusive into our evening. The food was amazing as well as the cocktails. Both were very well made and very well presented. Overall we had a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Love the spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and i visited the Kitchen on a Saturday night, 7:30 prime time reservation. They were quite busy but we were shown immediately to a very nice table in the lower room with street views (great for people watching). The space has different seating areas, each with a bit different character, very cool. Service was prompt and professional and the wine list is cool, eclectic and quite reasonable. Both points can make or break a place for me. Never once did i wonder if my waiter was lost (which usually happens at least once) or feel like they were too busy to take care of us. The food is excellent, although the menu a little limited for picky palettes. Great experience overall and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great ambianceNAGJDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went out for a date night and we both agreed that it was once of the best meals we have ever had. We had a 5:30 reservation (couldn't get a later one) and were pleased to find out they had a kind of happy hour until 6. So we enjoyed a couple of great drinks and apps at a discount. The food is amazing and the ambiance is very cool! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our experience!FoodisgoodDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had a great experience here on Friday night. We were celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary, which I had written on our Open Table reservation. They seated us at a table by a window, catered to our every need and served us an anniversary dessert. The food was incredible. We shared a half lobster, oysters, and terrine. I had the bolognese, and my husband ate the sturgeon. Both were absolutely delicious! Overall, I loved our time here and I'm glad we chose it to celebrate together. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't Change A Thing!luv2bakeDined on 8/1/2014Celebrated my son's thirty-first birthday here on Friday - could not have been happier! The waiter and support staff were outstanding - his wine suggestion was spot on, his timing impeccable, his demeanor quite lovely! And the food... absolutely fantastic - particularly the night's fish special! Every single morsel of food simply melted, delighted and satisfied - and we ordered a lot of food! At the end of the meal, a sinfully luscious slice of chocolate heaven was delivered and despite having not one more room for anything... we dove in and devoured it. Who could waste such an offering!? The evening was memorable in every way and we look forward to our return visit. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare Touch of PerfectionSamchildVIPDined on 7/23/2014I can be a picky customer. I pay close attention to food quality, presentation, ambience, service, recipe innovation and the like. Some say my standards are unreasonably high. The Kitchen exceeded all of my standards. Food was perfect in every sway (I had the ribeye -- best I have ever eaten, while Linda had the chicken). Presentation was elegant and void of gimmicks and unnatural formations. Service was precise, uncomplicated and completely responsive. Ambience was stress-relieving, inviting and comfortable. For all of these reasons, it was most enjoyable evening I have spent dining out. But the most prominent reason for my delight was how I was treated by everyone. It is the warmth and genuineness of the people that make it perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat hereRobgo84Dined on 7/23/2014Small plates are intriguing and staff accommodating. Vibrant, good representative of the new dinning in Denver !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timersselfproclaimedfoodieDined on 7/23/2014Heard great things about the Kitchen so thought we would try it out. It was our 3rd anniversary and we were looking for a fun vibrant atmosphere and good food. I would have to say that overall the experience was so so. The service was a bit inattentive, and the food lacked vibrancy. The wine list was approachable (although the server was not familiar with our selection) and the dessert list was very standard fare. We left with no urgency to go back.Special Features:
- Not your mothers kitchenLunchDined on 7/21/2014We dined as a group of three. My son had the bolognese and thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the steak fritte with maitre de beurre, and my husband ordered the papperadelle with hen mushrooms. Both past dishes were done very well. I feel that this would be a restuarant that would not dissapoint anyone's palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.