The Kitchen - Denver
1530 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Kitchen - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thekitchen.com/the-kitchen-denver/
- Phone: 3036233127x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11-3p daily.
Community (Happy) Hour: 3-6p daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Matheson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering The Kitchen Denver. The Kitchen brings a fresh perspective on ingredients, preparation & guest comfort. Enjoy the relaxing neighborhood atmosphere complimented by superior food & exceptional service. We would be happy to help you create an experience that fits your style.
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Lord 8886379443
A word from The Kitchen - Denver
The Kitchen Denver is a community bistro located in Denver’s Lower Downtown Historic District, open seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Kitchen - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Kitchen - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (175)special occasion (97)hot spot (70)great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (64)notable wine list (62)great for lunch (58)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (49)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (25)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- everything done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014I have been here twice while visiting Denver, and really am impressed. Excellent menu, filled with so many things I want to eat, and they do not disappoint. I generally like this trend of local, farm-to-table, new American dining, but it isn't always as amazing as it sounds. Here, it is amazing. I loved our appetizers, mussels in amazing broth, cheese, oysters, and also had a perfectly cooked pork chop. Desserts also cannot be missed. Wine and beer is well-selected. Decor is simple and comfortable. Reservations were not too difficult to get.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The Sticky Toffee Pudding and Chocolate Nemesis are ahhhhmazing!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The portions where perfect, the food was delicious! It's pricey but totally worth it!Special Features:
- Great restaurantRyanKDined on 9/24/2014Very professionally run establishment with enough humility to keep you comfortable but seriousness to keep you marveled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchDISGUSTEDDined on 9/23/2014Service was good, food was great liked the restaurant and will return again. I had Portobello mushroom sandwich and it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014The Kitchen is simply a great and consistently good restaurant. The service is always extremely professional. The food is at a very high quality level and consistently good.Special Features:
- Great experience!SuuuzDined on 9/21/2014First time there, I got the Hanger Steak, my boyfriend got the Small Seafood Platter and it was all amazing! The Seafood platter is a dream come true for any seafood lover. The crab legs were our favorite. The server was very knowledgeable, friendly and was personal with us. Multiple team members helped out throughout the evening which is always appreciated. A must for everyone to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raw chicken not once, but twicebconjackDined on 9/21/2014I ordered the chicken breast dish and it came out raw. Sent it back and it came out raw still! Server was wonderful and took off the check. All the ambiance of a high school cafeteria. Husband ordered quinoa and broccoli dish. He was unimpressed also. Will not return to this restaurant
- gishDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant service was great the food was very good and different. The openness of the tables was find because there was also areas for more private dining so overall a great find and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very MediocreTabithaDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner at The Kitchen in January '14 and enjoyed the Cassoulet on a cold snowy night. This second time, we sat outside which was pleasant but the food and service were very average. The Seafood Platter was uninspired without drawn butter for the lobster and the Fries were soggy. Server forgot what we ordered to drink and came back to ask again. The Seafood Platter was the wrong size order and had to be replaced. Very disappointing and overpriced for what we had.
- AverageSpendyDined on 9/19/2014Food was average at best especially for the $ amount. Server was awesome but far too many other choices for that kind of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceGigerDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time here and I am happy to say it will not be my last time. The food was very tasty and the service was great, very friendly and helpful with deciding what to try out. My friend had the oysters, wasn't sure which kind to try and so the server gave good suggestions, my friend was very pleased! I had the curried chicken salad (dressing on the side, which I didn't even use because really didn't need any), which was amazing. I can't wait to go back and have it again! I highly recommend trying this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week night outterryDined on 9/17/2014We and our guests from out of town loved the food which was well presented with interesting accompaniments. The wine was well priced and the sommelier was very helpful. The restaurant represented what is best in downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere & Great FoodSpecialPlaceDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed being there for the "Community Menu"; basically happy hour. Food was great and the atmosphere was nice. We would go back.Special Features:
- Good food, okay servicecoloradoclintDined on 9/14/2014I love The Kitchen in Boulder and have always been excited to try The Kitchen in Denver. Boulder's location is elegant yet practical with spot-on service every time. I think it's the service and feel of the Boulder location that was missing in Denver. We had to remind the host of our Open Table reservation and she still never counted the points. We asked for things like place settings, bread, and our check, which has yet to happen in the many times I've visited the Boulder location. I can't say I won't return, but I can say I'd enthusiastically go back to The Kitchen in Boulder while not so here in Denver.Special Features:
- You must try the Kitchen !MBinCOLODined on 9/11/2014This is now on my short list of favorite restaurants in Denver. Gracious and efficient service along with delicious and unique food. I loved the goat cheese gougere and, surprisingly, the pig ears which were outrageously good. Everyone raved about their entrees and I came off looking like a genius to my boss and business colleagues because I made the reservations. I'll be back... but not soon enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deee-lishbridenDineDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding service and food! Drinks, appetizers and meals were all timed perfectly from an attentive but not overbearing server. Our food was delicious. Seasonal peach/burrata bruschetta and mussels for an app. Best quality and size mussels I've had in Denver. My date agreed the broth, while delicious, could have used a spicy kick from cayenne or something. The surprisingly large serving was more than adequate for an appetizer for two. Now. The ribeyes. We both got them. Cooked a perfect, melt-in-your-mouth medium rare. Accompanied by some deliciously crispy broccoli and the best and most uniquely prepared potatoes I've ever had. Herb horseradish fingerlings. I dream of these. Who dreams of potatoes? You will dream of these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing attentive staffUFGBDined on 9/4/2014Seasonal peach appetizer was incredible. Mussels were perfect. Main dishes were delicious. The service was impeccable and all will keep us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection Nice Staffckmd25VIPDined on 9/2/2014We went here on a Tuesday night and it is a very nice restaurant. Not too stuffy but still classy :) The decor is very nice and the waitress was very friendly. The menu all has a nice selection and both my dining partner and I enjoyed our dishes. He had the streak frites and I had the chicken. Plus they had a sticky toffee pudding for dessert which he thoroughly enjoyed. The only suggestion I have is too perhaps have bread as a free appetizer. You have to pay if you want bread. No biggy, but it's nice to have some bread to munch on without having to pay 6-7 dollars. Overall we really enjoyed this place. The ambience was nice, the food was good, the waitstaff was efficient and friendly. It's hard to find nice restaurants in Denver. Rare gem.
- Great dinner at The KitchenDinerDined on 9/1/2014Love coming to The Kitchen. Hard to go wrong with anything you order. We had the peach bruschetta (awesome), oysters which the kitchen messed up and gave us 11 instead of 6, steak and peach torte. The service is great as well we ordered a Rose and the waiter suggested another wine after we ended up both getting different steaks for dinner, the Italian red worked much better. They even added a candle to my torte for my birthday! Would suggest The Kitchen to anyone in Lodo looking for a solid meal.Special Features:
- Impressed again!Hard2impressDined on 8/31/2014I live in Chicago and every time I'm in the Denver area I make a special trip to the Kitchen. I have eaten at all of the Kitchen locations and they are all consistantly outstanding and speak to my culinary soul. The dedication to quality ingredients and creative preparations is always impressive. Being in the hospitality industry, I am amazed at the focus on education to the front of the house staff. I have never seen a stronger commitment from any other restaurant. The results are amazing as the staff seems to know about every ingredient and where it's from. The Kitchen creates a standard of quality food,service and ambience that all other restaurants should try to achieve.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceChompChimpDined on 8/30/2014Peach Bruschetta, pate with mustard, amazing ribeye. Knowledgable sommelier. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but....jjclosDined on 8/30/2014the food was ok/good. the entree's were the same as the last time I was there. although some of the appetizers were different and albeit kind of weird. I was a little disappointed on this trip to the kitchen. they can do better. the only pinot noir by the glass was the "rickshaw" and it was horrendous. the service was only so-so and the waiter had BO. I will go back to the kitchen but not for a while.... humboldt is better.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantJamesDined on 8/29/2014The staff is excellent and always make me feel welcome. I really like the idea of the food being locally sourced and it is very well prepared/presented. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch at The KitchenKrisannQDined on 8/29/2014I had heard a lot about this restaurant and was anxious to try it. I was a little disappointed though - mainly in the special that day which was the quiche. It was undercooked, and I wish I had ordered something different. However, the nectarine bruchetta was very good!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants.mden2014Dined on 8/27/2014Great service, beautiful restaurant and delicious food...it is consistently good.Special Features:
- Excellent local foodBawanaDined on 8/26/2014Love the food options and use of local and sustainable farmers, etc for Outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Good but,,,,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always good if find something you like. Just because your chef may like goat cheese, everybody does not. Stop putting goat cheese on everyone you serve. It's terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutGreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! The wine steward was patient and really helpful. We loved the selection. The wait staff was prompt and friendly. They offered suggestions and very knowledgeable on the menu. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We went to The Kitchen to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, and the staff went above and beyond to make it an extra special meal for us. It was simply the most thoughtful service we have every experienced in any restaurant, ever. Thank you Kitchen staff for helping to make our night extra special. Did I even mention that the meal was over the top delicious?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backshelVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 and were seated at our exact reservation time which was nice. The service was almost non existent until we had to send a $36.00 rib-eye back for being way overcooked. The Server didn't seem to care although a Manager did buy us dessert for the issue. Real disappointment because this place was recommended by a friend. I have already told people not to try it.
- The Kitchen goes byond the ordinaryBarcodeguyDined on 8/16/2014Besides the food being outstanding (we ordered gougère, sturgeon and Wisdom Farm chicken) the service was of the level where you truly fealt like an honored guest at a private home. Anxious to go back.Special Features:
- Insanely GoodYummyDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing especially the specials. Couldn't have asked for better service!!Special Features:
- One of Denver's better choicesIwhoHaveNothingDined on 8/15/2014Upscale but more farm-to-the-table experience. Gluten-free and vegetable options were a delight. In a city of fast-food, diners, and donuts...it is refreshing to see that Denver can also have elements of Boulder country refinement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than BoulderFoodieDined on 8/14/2014I have long been a fan of The Kitchen in Boulder, and this was my first visit to The Kitchen in Denver. While the food is largely the same except for the addition of a seafood bar in Denver, the space in Denver is vastly superior. It has lots of glass with a lively street outside, high ceilings and lower table density. This will definitely be one of my favorite Denver restaurants.Special Features:
- supporterDined on 8/14/2014This is obviously a happening restaurant! The food was very good and our service was terrific. The noise level made it hard to hear our table mates, however. Our lunch was a business meeting. Next time I'll plan to go for a relaxing and fun experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointed...OnceaclimberDined on 8/10/2014I'm a big fan of The Kitchen in Boulder, but this trip to the Denver location as disappointing. I was there and seated for about 7 minutes before my companion arrived, without any of the wait staff coming around with water or to take a drink order. We sat outside on a day when most people were sitting inside, and the staff seemed inconvenienced by having to go outside to take care of us. My buddy ordered the steak and fries, and asked for it medium-rare. The steak was cooked rare at best. Not even close to turning pink in the middle - it was the translucent purplish-red of uncooked meat. This shouldn't happen when a steak is sliced in the kitchen and the chef can clearly see the inside of the steak. My Bolognese was great as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Kitchen's Not Just a KitchenCollette1Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great meal here- the steak frite was very good, Colorado beef; the quiche was excelled and the artisan cheese was good, but was comprised of one slice of brie with a dollop of marmalade (good but not a selection of artisan cheeses). The wait staff was a little slow and shuffled to and from our table slowly. He didn't match the upscale vibe and bright white washed, glass lit interior with exposed plaster walls and large dining areas. I would return here, the vibe and food and outdoor patio aisle seating was fun and the food was what we expected, if not better.Special Features:
- Great experienceKRCinCODined on 8/9/2014Out of our group of four, we did not have a disappointing dish. Highly recommend the potted salmon (out of this world) as well as the quinoa main dish. Our teenager loved the Bolognese. Finally, if you are a fan of saison/farmhouse ales, you will have a great list to choose from. We will back often!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014The pasta dish was to die for. I am searching online now looking for a way to recreate itSpecial Features: