The Kitchen Consigliere
700 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen Consigliere
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitconcafe.com/
- Phone: 8568542156x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday - 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Lutz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering for all occasions. Contact Angelo Lutz
- Special Events: The Kitchen Consigliere Cafe is the Exclusive caterer of the Fralinger String Band rental facility located in the heart of mummery on south 3rd street in South Philadelphia. The hall seats up to 100 guests. Please contact Angelo Lutz for more information
A word from The Kitchen Consigliere
Come enjoy old Italian-style dishes, known today as Italian comfort food, at The Kitchen Consigliere as executive chef Angelo Lutz preserves the heritage of real, authentic homestyle cooking. His spot is an informal BYOB Italian eatery with an emphasis on the peasant dishes found in traditional homestyle Italian cooking. Influenced by the dishes he ate as a youngster, Angelo's cooking style stems from teaching and recipes taught by his mother and grandmother. The atmosphere is informal and the food and menus change often, allowing The Kitchen Consigliere to be a cozy, quaint and not over-the-top eatery for the entire family. And good food isn't the only reason to eat at the café. The real adventure is meeting with the real kitchen consigliere; you will come for the food but stick around for the conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Kitchen Consigliere - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
The Kitchen Consigliere reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (198)fit for foodies (121)special occasion (110)good for groups (104)romantic (56)hot spot (42)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Italian BYOB!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I have been to Kitchen Consigliere several times, but this was our first time bringing our daughters (19 and 16) and they LOVED it. The food and service are excellent!! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time here and we loved it! It was unanimous! Great food, great service, great ambience, great fun!Special Features:
- Disappointing (and uncomfortable)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Tables too small, TV in the bar side (where we were seated) not necessary, music too loud, I would have been OK with the noise (radio also playing) if the chairs had been more comfortable, there had been more room around the tables, and the table had been larger! The uncomfortable atmosphere took away from being able to enjoy the food, which was competently cooked (but not better than the 2 other Italian restaurants just yards from the door), generously portioned, and professionally and pleasantly served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mob WinsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Kitchen Consigliere is a great restaurant. The food is wonderful, the service is great the people are friendly and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I booked the restaurant through Open Table and called to let them know that it was my husband's birthday.On our way there, we ran into some traffic so called them to say we would be 5 to 10 minutes late, to which the woman at the restaurant told us the table was booked for 8:30, our reservation was for 7:00.I have never been told before that I needed to be out at a certain time.They didn't remember it was a special occasion and that we were celebrating a birthday.The pasta was fresh and homemade but the shrimp were overcooked. It was good Italian food, the service was good, but I wouldn't recommend this place for a special occasion.
- Never disappointedalkjdoijVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been here on several occasions and never disappoints! A little crowded for seating but everything else is spot on. :)Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Awesome time there with my wife this past Saturday. Every aspect of the place was excellent. Service was supurb and friendly. Prices are very reasonable as well, especially with the amount of food you get. Couldn't understand how anyone could leave hungry. Can't wait to get back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014We went in for my husbands birthday. The food was great, the service wonderful. Our waiter Lon made the night even better. He is very friendly, funny and sweet with a very good understanding of the menu. Great time out!Special Features:
- Best serviceMomODined on 9/12/2014Within 2 minutes of sitting down, our bottled water was served, our wine was open and we were hearing about the specials. The service was great and continued though out even though the place was hopping. The appetizer mini brasciola with white beans was phenomenal. I don't know how they get white beans that are so big and perfectly cooked; the red sauce was also wonderful. Our main course was very good. The pistachio gelato was the best ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food, staff and atmosphere was outstanding would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend and I have been going there for about 4 years. With each visit the service and food have been memorable. The move into the new location raised the level of expectation which was met. Parking is a bit of an issue, but I've been lucky every time. Local shops benefit from the presence of Kitchen Consigliere which also contributes to the ambiance of Collingswood. It is a blessing for both residents and visitors alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian BYOBcellarweasilDined on 9/10/2014Authentic Italian food that rivals the best of South Philly is served in an attractively decorated BYOB in the heart of Collingswood, NJ. Try your favorites or any of the nightly specials and you won't be disappointed. For you dessert eaters, all are made in-house and the tiramisu is the best I've ever had in any restaurant anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodReneedDined on 9/9/2014Whenever we want a great meal we go to the Kitchen Consigliere ! The food and service is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent meal, excellent service! Very accommodating for our party of 9 and my neice's birthday!Special Features:
- Great SpotGmanDined on 9/6/2014I have had dinner here several times and have always had a great experience. The service is good, the place is clean, the help are very helpful and the owner usually visits your table to se show your dinner experience is going.Special Features:
- Awesome!KateDined on 9/6/2014Amazing dinner! Second time for me. Brought my husband and he is from a big NY family and he really enjoyed it! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Jandj71Dined on 9/3/2014As usual, we had a fabulous time here. Wonderful food and friendly, helpful staff. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Our first time here. Everything was fabulous. Lauren, our waitress was terrific. The food was delicious. Everything was cooked to order, so it was pleasure NOT feeling rushed and having your next course shoved at you before you finished the previous one. The only thing that we didn't care for was the "mob" movies (Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale) playing on the TV's. Although it worked very well with the décor, seeing someone getting shot or beaten up was not what I'd like to see during my dinner. Other than that, we LOVED it and will certainly go back.Special Features:
- 1st Timers will be back.MickeypicDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time , the food was excellent, the gravy was terrific and the food A+ quality , the servers were attentive and love all the murals on the wall very professional. Everything we ate was fresh and best we have eaten, and no regrets traveling 1.5 hours to get to the restaurant worth the trip.Special Features:
- Unsatisfied repeat customerEagle14Dined on 8/30/2014Had reservation and was seated 15 minutes late. Asked if we wanted the salads that come complimentary with entree. Told meal would be out in 5 minutes, 30 minutes later it comes out served from a bus boy. During that time our drinks were empty and no bread. Recieved meal and pasta was crunchy. Waitress finally came and asked us how our meals were. Sent the pasta back. We said we just wanted our food and not to speak to manager/owner. He still came over 5 minutes or so later. No apologies and was very rude. Offered us a free dessert on him. We ended up getting our food boxed and left as soon as we could. When we were leaving, we said goodbye to owner and hostess and rudely ignored as they put their heads down. Sadly we will never go back.Special Features:
- First timeDeniseVIPDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go as we purchased a Living Social deal, got good reviews on Opentable, and some friends from work had recently gone, as well, and said they liked the restaurant. We had a great time and will definitely be back. We felt very comfortable, very much at home. Service was excellent. We started with the sausage meatball appetizer, over broccoli rate and provolone. It was very good (and I am not a broccoli rate fan). I had the veal parm, my boyfriend had chicken with broccoli rabe, fontina cheese, etc. Both were very good, as well as the zucchini and dinner salads. We ended with a cannoli, which we also enjoyed. A lot of food, so most of my dish came home with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicemirrid03Dined on 8/29/2014I've been here twice. Both times very enjoyable. Von our waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealEdRiDined on 8/28/2014Angelo always delivers. Great food, friendly service, and a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerErnestVIPDined on 8/24/2014Another great meal. The Consigliere has grown but remains true to it's founding principle; great meals.Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentapultraclassicVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food, the service, the price What a great find.Special Features:
- Well DoneDanMDined on 8/24/2014Visited here for the first time this past weekend and was absolutely please with every aspect of this restaurant. Food and service was outstanding; I anticipate being a regular here and can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on a Saturday NightRobertDined on 8/23/2014Both the service and the food were excellent. We arrived a bit early for our reservation and the hostess told us we could walk around Collingswood and she would text us when our table was ready. Very nice touch.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!!!fla2njDined on 8/23/2014Had another FABULOUS meal at the Consigliere....the food was outstanding.....Harry was fun.....and Patsy's desserts were YUMMY!!Special Features:
- Kitchen ConsiglierekathygDined on 8/22/2014Very Good food. Great Service. Great place for families, friends and couples.Special Features:
- Weekday specials ARE VERY SPECIAL!RONBEV1117Dined on 8/20/2014Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday they have specials that can't be beat for the price and the quality of the food! I look forward to my e-mails each week to see what they will have as a special. The 8oz filet dinner last night was fantastic! The mushroom Marsala gravy was delicious!Special Features:
- ButterButtergirlDined on 8/20/2014Filet Mignon special was delicious and reasonably priced. Only one complaint - a nice Ital Restaurant such as Kitchen Consigliere should NOT be serving COLD wrapped butter. Step it up with a small dish of whipped garlic butter for your awesome bread.Special Features:
- Perfect Girls Night Out!pattikakesdeDined on 8/20/2014Five of my friends and I went to The Kitchen Consigliere for a Girls Night Out! Food was delicious with very generous portions! (We each took home a "doggie bag"! Reasonable prices too!Special Features:
- SicilianStallionDined on 8/19/2014Great service. Love Harry! food is always fresh and Angelo's visit to the guests is wonderful. A great place to dine.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!treeclimberDined on 8/19/2014Our return to this upbeat place was as rewarding as the past ones. Delicious veal, tasty eggplant parm and an appetizer that could have been the meal-figs, gorgonzola, crisp greens topped with just enough balsamic reduction!! And the regular coupons really help. Eagerly looking forward to the next adventure! Please do not use my name if you quote me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will want to eat here!!WalterDined on 8/19/2014We had the most wonderful dinner at Kitchen Consigliere! Everything was absolutely delicious and it's a BYOB, which we love. The food is cooked and served beautifully and the portions are huge so you get to take some home for lunch the next day. The service was very, very good, from the hostess who seated us to the gentleman who filled our water and took our dishes away to our server who told us all the specials and took our order. We had the fig appetizer and the sausage meatballs, which were both amazing followed by the Clams with Linguine (white) and the NY Strip Steak. Yum! For desert we had the Brookie (a cookie baked inside a brownie) which was so good we wanted to lick the plate! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Kitchen ConsigliereirishwondrDined on 8/16/2014We took out of town family here. They loved everything.. This place is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place every timefriendlyDined on 8/16/2014The good is excellent in taste and presentation. The service is friendly and timely making each visit very enjoyable. The owner is present and makes rounds to takes throughout the visit/meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny tablesTablelessDined on 8/16/2014First time here.. Food was delish! Peach cake that the server craved about was just ok. But the tables were so small we were afraid to order more appetizers. My boyfriend and I love to sit next to each other and feed one another but the area was so tight we couldn't and my dinner with my love was not romantic. Plus we had all the cheeses n salt n pepper shakers taking up our little table space. So over all food was great but needs more roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulsophillyagDined on 8/12/2014The food was wonderful; the service outstanding. Our waiter Lon took excellent care of us. It was the first time in my life that a waiter asked if anyone had any food allergies. I do & dining out can be tough sometimes. That really impressed me. It was a great atmosphere for our girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Great menu, Food well prepared and presented....very good service.....location very convenient...well decorated ..OVERALL VERY GOOD EXPERIENCESpecial Features: