The Kitchen Consigliere
700 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen Consigliere
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitconcafe.com/
- Phone: (856) 854-2156
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday - 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Lutz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering for all occasions. Contact Angelo Lutz
- Special Events: The Kitchen Consigliere Cafe is the Exclusive caterer of the Fralinger String Band rental facility located in the heart of mummery on south 3rd street in South Philadelphia. The hall seats up to 100 guests. Please contact Angelo Lutz for more information
A word from The Kitchen Consigliere
Come enjoy old Italian-style dishes, known today as Italian comfort food, at The Kitchen Consigliere as executive chef Angelo Lutz preserves the heritage of real, authentic homestyle cooking. His spot is an informal BYOB Italian eatery with an emphasis on the peasant dishes found in traditional homestyle Italian cooking. Influenced by the dishes he ate as a youngster, Angelo's cooking style stems from teaching and recipes taught by his mother and grandmother. The atmosphere is informal and the food and menus change often, allowing The Kitchen Consigliere to be a cozy, quaint and not over-the-top eatery for the entire family. And good food isn't the only reason to eat at the café. The real adventure is meeting with the real kitchen consigliere; you will come for the food but stick around for the conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Kitchen Consigliere - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
The Kitchen Consigliere reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (229)fit for foodies (167)good for groups (128)special occasion (120)hot spot (66)romantic (52)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always GOODKathiDined on 11/22/2014We dine here often and always have a great meal. Recently brought friends for a special birthday party and everyone loved it. It never disappoints, and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want good food, this is the place to go.eatoutqueenVIPDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant always seems to please. Good service and great food is what a restaurant should have and this one does. The fall special, pumpkin gnocchi, were out of this world good. The three other people at the table were very pleased with their meals as well. We will return soon. Be sure to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningNiNiVIPDined on 11/21/2014First time at this restaurant. My husband came here here with another couple. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The waiter was very accommodating. I got the pasta dish with shrimp, scallops and crab meat. I asked if I could have it without the shrimp so they gave me extra scallops and crab meat. I would have preferred bigger scallops, these were very small. There was so much pasta that I had enough to eat for two other dinners. We shared the meatball appetizer which was delicious. It came with three meatballs but added another meatball, with a price adjustment. They have plenty of free parking for patrons of this restaurant right behind the restaurant. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieDined on 11/21/2014Always enjoy myself here. Great food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kit Con in CollsFredZVIPDined on 11/19/2014Once again, and as always, have not been disappointed. Service was great - start to finish. and the food was excellent AND its a BYOB. win win win.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryMDined on 11/19/2014Our book club met here for dinner and we were given a round table, tucked comfortably into a corner of the dining room and perfect for our party of 6. Servers were friendly, knowledgable, and professional. I ordered the pumpkin gnocchi special, and it was a perfect blend of autumn flavors: pumpkin, sage, cranberries, walnuts, and Gorgonzola. Delicious! We all agreed that we will look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo good....KarenDined on 11/18/2014As usual hubby and I had a delish meal! My overall favorite is Angelo's Bolognese sauce. Restaurant was decorated for Christmas and looked beautiful and welcoming. Still my favorite in South Jersey. If you have never been - hurry hurry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, So-So ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Four of us dined here recently for a special occasion. (Be sure to make reservations well in advance for prime dining hours.) We were seated promptly and greeted quickly. It is a BYOB so the wine was uncorked (no corkage fee) and specials were presented. We knew portions were large, so we passed on appetizers. The house salad and dressing were very good and fresh. The entrees took quite a while to be delivered and we hadn't ordered anything out of the ordinary. After seeing two other parties that came in well after us being served their food and being told three times over a 25 minute period "Your food will be right out." we had to ask what the wait was. We were told that he would check. Finally our food arrived and it was spectacular and worth the wait. Each had something different from Osso Buco, Chicken Marsala, Pumpkin Gnocchi, to "Sunday Gravy". Leftovers were wrapped and the server disappeared. Finally check was presented and paid. When we were leaving we saw the server out back chatting on a cell phone. It was my wife and my first experience there but our dining companions had eaten there several times before. They were ale disappointed with the service. Previously they had been served by Harry and were very pleased. We would return, but would ask for Harry as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patd027VIPDined on 11/15/2014GOOD FOOD AND GREAT ATMOSPHERE. HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food wasn't that great for the cost of the meals
- The BestColorfulbigbearDined on 11/14/2014I am 68 year old Italian-American. As you can imagine I have eaten in many Italian restaurants, this, however; was the very best of the very best. There is an item on the menu called Sunday Gravy and was the closest thing I have ever tasted to my mom's. It is a must try if you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyBabytuxDined on 11/14/2014One of the only sure things in life!!! You will come away happy, full, and content! Rice ball heaven!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014Enjoyed a great evening with great friends, great food, good wine and a fantastic waiter named Tony! Salute....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Philly StylesteeveedeeDined on 11/12/2014Food tasted just like my Italian grandmother used to make in South Philly. Nostalgic and delicious. With some real interesting gems on the menu. Fun decor, great service. Loved this place and will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoboDined on 11/11/2014I always enjoy the wonderful food and atmosphere at Kitchen Consigliere. Everyone is friendly and the food is great.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014The food was great, the waiter service was over the top...Very good experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014One of my favorite BYOBs in the area. All of the food from the appetizers to the entrees to the dessert is top notch delicious! Angelo and his staff are very friendly and knowledgable. Meal was served at a great pace. I will continue to return to this gem in Collingswood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentErnestVIPDined on 11/9/2014Angelo is the ultimate host. The food continues to exceed expectations. Tony, our waiter, made the description of the specialties into a theatrical production; fantastic.Special Features:
- PERFECT!!DevineDined on 11/9/2014The staff was incredibly friendly and funny. We loved, loved our waiter. Angelo is always accommodating and adds a personal touch by coming around to check on all of us. We have been there many times and will keep going back. I was shocked how busy it was for a Sunday night. We always have a great meal - we have recommended it to all of our friends and they too love this restaurant. You gotta go!Special Features:
- Another Great Meal!!JanZDined on 11/9/2014One word - FABULOUS!! Kitchen Consigliere is by far our favorite restaurant. Great Food, Great (Plus) service. Angelo has put together a great chef AND such a warm welcoming efficient staff. He should be proud of his accomplishment. We love it there!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I have taken two groups from my family for special occassions both groups want to go back. Great meal and great service!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Amazing traditional Italian foodVafromNJDined on 11/8/2014Had an 8:30 reservation on a busy Saturday night. very pleased that we were seated almost right away. Appetizers came out quickly and were delicious. Salads, entrees and desserts followed without too much time passing. Everything was well seasoned, huge portions and delicious. Chef/Owner came out for a quick visit to check how we liked everything. Highly recommend and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- An Offer I Couldn't Refuse!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2014When our friends suggested we pay a visit to KitCon, it was an offer I couldn't refuse. It was the third visit there with my wife, and we had a delicious meal yet again, with great service and an upbeat atmosphere in this Collingswood gem. Our pasta dishes were lip-smacking good and very generously portioned. Apps and sides were too. I'd prefer my bread toasted, but I forgive them. We love this place.Special Features:
- 1A1A1ADined on 11/6/2014Always a great experience ...love the food & staff:))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtocookDined on 11/6/2014By far the best food experience I've had in a long time. I have visited on two separate occasions bringing a different friend and they both raved about the food and the exceptional service. We ordered steaks the first time and they were cooked to perfection. The next time we tried the veal picatta, you didn't need a knife. So tender and delicious. Truly a must visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good is goodFredZVIPDined on 11/4/2014It is in a nice location, the service is always very good and the food is great, plus it's a BYOB!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014It was my first visit to The Kitchen Consigliere. Both the food and wait staff were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantFromPhillyDined on 11/4/2014A completely wonderful experience. Good food, good company, great ambiance, and a terrific waiter (Harry!)Special Features:
- Run, don't walkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014NEVER had a bad meal here! All the servers are great! You can be sure to meet Angelo, the owner as he is there seven days a week. They have the BEST chicken francaise you'll find anywhere. If they have the homemade chocolate layer cake, do indulge it's worth every calorie. Don't make your reservation anywhere else in Collingswood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The Kitchen Consigliere is like a typical Sunday dinner in an Italian house; loud, delicious food and a lot of it. It is not your typical romantic Italian restaurant but I have never had such amazing food in my life. Stuffed gnocchi was literally to die for, so creamy and melted in your mouth the gravy was so delicious that I could put a straw in it and drink it up. The Arancini was perfect, I for one am not the biggest fan of sausage but this Arancini (rice ball) was so good that I ate both. All of the flavors mixed together so perfectly; the rice, cheese, sausage and topped with marinara, DELICIOUS. I strongly suggest to try that if you like sausage and, of course the cannoli was huge. I have already recommended this restaurant to multiple people ( who loved it just as much as I did). I also love how the owner came around to each table and introduced himself and made sure everything was made to perfection!! I most definitely will be going back very soon!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDiBlazVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great food, Great service (Harry was awesome). Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaseDined on 11/1/2014Great service, great food great time. Love Harry. Even when he is not our waiter he makes appoint to stop by our table and chat with us. Angelo always also stops by to make sure everything is fine. Tip - Never go without a reservation!!!Special Features:
- First timesnowdogVIPDined on 11/1/2014My boyfriend and I tried the restaurant for the first time on Saturday. It was a nice atmosphere and the food was good.Special Features:
- Yum!Jaima17Dined on 11/1/2014This was my third visit to The Kitchen Consigliere. I went with a group of five. We each tried different entrees and no one was disappointed. We tried the two of the Gnocchi Consigliere (which is the best gnocchi I've had), Eggplant Parm, Chicken Parm, and Spaghetti and Meatballs. The entrees come with bread and a salad. We also ordered the Italian Wedding Soup which was amazing! The best part is the delicious dessert options. Each time, I've gotten "The Brookie" which is a warm brownie with a chocolate chip cookie baked into the middle. It's served with vanilla ice cream. Soooooo yummy. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you love an Italian meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuv2eatDined on 10/31/2014Always a hit! Haven't had a bad meal yet! Our waiter, Lon, loves his job and it shows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Amazing pumpkin ravioli special. And the homemade cake was terrific. Definitely want to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time at this place!NortheastfoodieDined on 10/31/2014Keep coming back because the food is so delicious and served hot. The staff is very accomodating. Love the decor too! Strongly recommend this place. Terrific specials in addition to the wonderful menu items.Special Features:
- October 31 2014Peg1Dined on 10/31/2014We had a great dining experience overall. Food was excellent and staff were alert and attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful!! As always !ReneedDined on 10/28/2014The Kitchen Consigliere has become our " go to restaurant" . The food and service is always great . No matter what we order we are always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday GravyjohnskipDined on 10/26/2014Enjoyed the Sunday Gravy that was on the menu. It reminded me of my youth growing up and having Sunday Gravy with my family. Four of us went there and left stuffed with good eats. We had the calimari which is tender and crisp. We also had an antipasta for four. Two of us had the Sunday gravy and two had a seafood dish. All were incredible meals. Oh I almost forgot the desserts....Now you know why I was stuffed when I left.Special Features: