The Kitchen Consigliere
700 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen Consigliere
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitconcafe.com/
- Phone: 8568542156x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday - 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Lutz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering for all occasions. Contact Angelo Lutz
- Special Events: The Kitchen Consigliere Cafe is the Exclusive caterer of the Fralinger String Band rental facility located in the heart of mummery on south 3rd street in South Philadelphia. The hall seats up to 100 guests. Please contact Angelo Lutz for more information
A word from The Kitchen Consigliere
Come enjoy old Italian-style dishes, known today as Italian comfort food, at The Kitchen Consigliere as executive chef Angelo Lutz preserves the heritage of real, authentic homestyle cooking. His spot is an informal BYOB Italian eatery with an emphasis on the peasant dishes found in traditional homestyle Italian cooking. Influenced by the dishes he ate as a youngster, Angelo's cooking style stems from teaching and recipes taught by his mother and grandmother. The atmosphere is informal and the food and menus change often, allowing The Kitchen Consigliere to be a cozy, quaint and not over-the-top eatery for the entire family. And good food isn't the only reason to eat at the café. The real adventure is meeting with the real kitchen consigliere; you will come for the food but stick around for the conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Kitchen Consigliere - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
The Kitchen Consigliere reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (212)fit for foodies (133)good for groups (109)special occasion (97)hot spot (53)romantic (49)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful!! As always !ReneedDined on 10/28/2014The Kitchen Consigliere has become our " go to restaurant" . The food and service is always great . No matter what we order we are always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday GravyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Enjoyed the Sunday Gravy that was on the menu. It reminded me of my youth growing up and having Sunday Gravy with my family. Four of us went there and left stuffed with good eats. We had the calimari which is tender and crisp. We also had an antipasta for four. Two of us had the Sunday gravy and two had a seafood dish. All were incredible meals. Oh I almost forgot the desserts....Now you know why I was stuffed when I left.Special Features:
- Angelo cooks amazing!FFanelliVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great food always!!! Love it here ~ collingwood finest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodNJMomDined on 10/24/2014If you want great food, this is the spot. Try to get a booth for a more intimate experience.Special Features:
- Good italian comfort foodDonaCookDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten at K.C. a couple times. This was our first time at the new location. It is beautifully decorated and charming. The wait staff was wonderful as always. We have always enjoyed our meals... the gnocchi is always a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticoCharlieDined on 10/23/2014First time here but will return many times. Already recommended to several friends and family. Great food and service and we didn't get rushed to finish and leave. We felt like family!!Special Features:
- DisappointedCollsFoodie17Dined on 10/22/2014I had the Veal Parmesan which was dry. There wasn't alot of gravy on the veal which added to the dryness. Since the move it seems prices have increased and the quality has decreased.
- Great Meal!SlouBDined on 10/19/2014I went with my 16 year old son and my parents, both in their eighties. Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and quick. We had the calamari as an appetizer. It was light, tender and delicious. We had a variety of plates for the main course. Everybody's meal was fantastic. My only regret was that I missed out on two specials as they sold out. But that just tells me that a restaurant goal is to serve fresh by not buying ahead. My Veal Saltimboca 3rd choice was perfect. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Awesome Food & servicethezVIPDined on 10/19/2014Some of the best food we ever had.. Service was outstanding too.Special Features:
- Good Homemade Italian experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Went on a very busy Sunday night, seated immediately at reserved time. Food was very good, Calimari app, Linquini & Clam, both White & Red, Sunday Gravy, Chicken Piccata. Everyone really enjoyed their meal. Service was perfect. Dessert with a candle for my wife's birthday was great, Pizelles Napolean, pizelles, cream with berries. Only downside is it's very noisy. Everything else, including location was great!Special Features:
- I'm coming backcoopsdiningaroundDined on 10/19/2014This is a great place from the atmosphere, to comfort and of course the food. While most restaurants i've been to in Collingswood are like sardine cans, this one, while small, was roomy. But enough about that..i had the sausage meatball with gemelli. Perfect the sauce did no overwhelm the taste of the meatball and the pasta was cooked perfectly. And of course dessert. The pizzelle napoleon should be tried at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB !!!AbbyDined on 10/18/2014I love this restaurant !!! The food is delicious the service is outstanding (thank you David) and it's a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itErinDDined on 10/17/2014this was my first time at Kitchen and it was so great - I will definitely be back again soon! The service was wonderful and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm...reehoff611Dined on 10/17/2014Finally got to go to dinner with my hubby here...and everything was delicious. We had the rice ball and meatballs as our apps and for dinner my husband got the shrimp, scallops, and crab meat over linguine while I tried one of the specials...the pumpkin stuffed gnocchi. The gnocchi reminded me of a dessert more than a dinner, but it was absolutely phenomenal. I would definitely go back and would totally recommend this place to my friends. Service was excellent also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food - Unique ThemeMharris239Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we will definitely be going back. While the tables were a little close together, we never felt cramped. The wait staff were all very friendly and attentive. The food was simple, but the quality of ingredients and taste were excellent. The pasta was very fresh and my wife commented that it was the best chicken parm she has had in a long while.Special Features:
- Best Italian FoodABBdogrescuerDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I ordered 2 of the specials and split them...one was an incredible salmon dish, the other pumpkin flavored gnocchi. Both were awesome!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner GemSusanandMichaelDined on 10/15/2014The Kitchen Consigliere did its usual great job with food and service (as they do every time we visit), helping me enjoy my birthday. While there, we also made reservations for New Year's Eve.Special Features:
- 2 for 2BaRGaiNHuNTeRDined on 10/15/2014I've been here twice and have had a great experience both times. Great food, friendly service, and tons of leftovers. Plus, it's a BYO, which is always nice. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Never AgainLegaleaterVIPDined on 10/15/2014Overpriced bland Italian food. Service was slow. I will NEVER eat there agains
- Great night.DolphinDined on 10/14/2014While the restaurant is a little tight, the food and service more than make up for that. The portions are great and I have never had less-than an outstanding meal here, served by a stellar group of servers. I would also recommend saving room for dessert. The cannoli's are some of the best I have had although my son loved the "Brookie". Nope. I'm not going to tell you what that is. Go have dinner and try it yourself. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mid-Week night OutLetsEatDined on 10/14/2014We took 2 friends who had never been there and they loved it. On the menu was a special Gnocchi filled with pumpkin in a brown butter sage sauce, sprinkled with Gorgonzola cheese and craisins. AWESOME!!!! It was our 2nd time there!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealSamandrom04Dined on 10/14/2014Lauren, our server, was attentive and sweet. Harry the expediter did a great job, too. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014As always, the food was delish. I had my favorite dish which is Bolognese over homemade spaghetti and it never disappoints. Hubby has sausage Bolognese which was also very good. Salad was fresh, crisp and cold with a yummy Italian dressing. Angelo always make you feel welcome. Kitchen is my favorite place to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again-BEST FOOD EVERfla2njDined on 10/12/2014What can I say.....this place never disappoints!!! The food was fabulous from appetizer to dessert....and then there's Harry.... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Harry! Only thing that would have made it even better....our friend Patsy (get well soon)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmosphere.Love2dineDined on 10/11/2014Great food & atmosphere. The pumpkin gnocchi was delicious! The calamari was the best I've ever had. Lauren was a great server. Very attentive and knowledgable. She made our dining experience extra special. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal.JimtheBikerDined on 10/7/2014We started with stemed clams in red sauce. They were very tasty but a little gritty. My wife had the Shrimp Scampi and I had one fo the night special, Salmon Aurora with a side of zuccini. Both meals were hot and delicious. We will eat here again.Special Features:
- Gets Better Every TimeFromSouthPhilly2Dined on 10/5/2014My fiance' & I often dine here because we enjoy the great food, fantastic service, reminiscing with Angelo who always finds a moment to step out of that busy kitchen & it always gets better with every new dish we try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatHawwisonVIPDined on 10/5/2014We've been going here for years and it's as good as ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Enjoyablejerseygirl223Dined on 10/4/2014I have been there a number of times and the food never disappoints. Our sever, Aubrey was delightful, and the everything everyone ordered was cooked perfectly. Highly recommend. Will def be back!Special Features:
- too close seatingseatingtocloseDined on 10/4/2014the tables are too close to each other, but the food is awesome.Special Features:
- Best BYOBMartySVIPDined on 9/30/2014Not only did Angelo from Kitchen Consigliere won Philly BEST BYOB he has great food 6 people for dinner great night. Sunday gravy clams and spaghetti best Calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I have eaten at the Kitchen numerous times over the past two years and have always enjoyed the food very much. The "Sunday Gravy" is a house specialty and it is beyond compare. This week I tried a new dish, Chicken Siciliano. It was the tastiest chicken dish I have ever eaten in any restaurant. I'm seriously thinking about going back tonight for a repeat performance. On top of a fabulous menu you will experience Angelo's most cordial personality. This place is a winner, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningEtta1675Dined on 9/30/2014The Kitchen Consigliere is one of the best Italian restaurants in Collingswood and in New Jersey. WE live in Philly however we prefer to spend time in Jersey and this is one of our favorite restaurants. Family friendly and adult friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Afternoon LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014We decided to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I love open table because it is so easy to reserve a table. The food was very expensive considering there was 2 adults and 3 kids. There is no Children's Menu but the said they could make a smaller sized portion for half the price. Also, no lunch menu just the regular dinner menu. I would not recommend this place for kids. Other than that service was ok and the food was spectacular. The decor and design of the new place is great. It's perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMjB1980VIPDined on 9/27/2014First I'll say the service was perfect which of course makes everything a little better. Rice balls are phenomenal and we got the rigatoni and stuffed flounder special. Everything seasoned well and had more than enough to save for leftovers. Make sure to get the brownie/cookie vanilla ice cream dessert to top it all off. Overall great experience and loved the gangster theme. They def hold their own among the other awesome Italian joints around them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner in every respectSusanDined on 9/27/2014The Kitchen Consigliere was outstanding. My husband and I had never been there before. I received an offer for a Groupon, but when I attempted to make the purchase they were sold out. No big deal, since we dine out every Saturday night, with or without a Groupon, so we went anyway. What a pleasure! The food was exquisite. The service was wonderful. The staff was friendly. This will be one restaurant we look forward to visiting again! I recommend it highly to everyone.Special Features:
- Food is outstanding!JafippDined on 9/26/2014The garlic aroma when walking in starts the mood...highly reccomend the gnocchi, it's like a pillow in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!!Alyssaw86Dined on 9/25/2014Love the food here and the service is great! Love the old school italian gangster theme they have for the place too! Very classy and great location. I would like to see a couple more entree and pasta dishes though on the menu since I'm a picky eaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good ..but....LovetoDineDined on 9/24/2014Food was good but portions were small. Expensive. Tables were too close together. we were practically sitting with the people next to us.Special Features:
- mmmmmmmmmmm GoodFredZVIPDined on 9/24/2014This is how it should be done. Friendly, courteous, helpful service from the moment you come in and all the way through your visit. And to even top that, the food is great. I want to try everything on the menu (not close to that yet, so I guess we just have to go back again). The pork osso bucco (a special) was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.