The Kitchen Consigliere
700 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen Consigliere
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitconcafe.com/
- Phone: 8568542156x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday - 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Lutz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering for all occasions. Contact Angelo Lutz
- Special Events: The Kitchen Consigliere Cafe is the Exclusive caterer of the Fralinger String Band rental facility located in the heart of mummery on south 3rd street in South Philadelphia. The hall seats up to 100 guests. Please contact Angelo Lutz for more information
A word from The Kitchen Consigliere
Come enjoy old Italian-style dishes, known today as Italian comfort food, at The Kitchen Consigliere as executive chef Angelo Lutz preserves the heritage of real, authentic homestyle cooking. His spot is an informal BYOB Italian eatery with an emphasis on the peasant dishes found in traditional homestyle Italian cooking. Influenced by the dishes he ate as a youngster, Angelo's cooking style stems from teaching and recipes taught by his mother and grandmother. The atmosphere is informal and the food and menus change often, allowing The Kitchen Consigliere to be a cozy, quaint and not over-the-top eatery for the entire family. And good food isn't the only reason to eat at the café. The real adventure is meeting with the real kitchen consigliere; you will come for the food but stick around for the conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Kitchen Consigliere - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
The Kitchen Consigliere reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (202)fit for foodies (118)good for groups (108)special occasion (106)romantic (57)hot spot (48)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sunday Afternoon LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014We decided to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I love open table because it is so easy to reserve a table. The food was very expensive considering there was 2 adults and 3 kids. There is no Children's Menu but the said they could make a smaller sized portion for half the price. Also, no lunch menu just the regular dinner menu. I would not recommend this place for kids. Other than that service was ok and the food was spectacular. The decor and design of the new place is great. It's perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMjB1980VIPDined on 9/27/2014First I'll say the service was perfect which of course makes everything a little better. Rice balls are phenomenal and we got the rigatoni and stuffed flounder special. Everything seasoned well and had more than enough to save for leftovers. Make sure to get the brownie/cookie vanilla ice cream dessert to top it all off. Overall great experience and loved the gangster theme. They def hold their own among the other awesome Italian joints around them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner in every respectSusanDined on 9/27/2014The Kitchen Consigliere was outstanding. My husband and I had never been there before. I received an offer for a Groupon, but when I attempted to make the purchase they were sold out. No big deal, since we dine out every Saturday night, with or without a Groupon, so we went anyway. What a pleasure! The food was exquisite. The service was wonderful. The staff was friendly. This will be one restaurant we look forward to visiting again! I recommend it highly to everyone.Special Features:
- Food is outstanding!JafippDined on 9/26/2014The garlic aroma when walking in starts the mood...highly reccomend the gnocchi, it's like a pillow in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!!Alyssaw86Dined on 9/25/2014Love the food here and the service is great! Love the old school italian gangster theme they have for the place too! Very classy and great location. I would like to see a couple more entree and pasta dishes though on the menu since I'm a picky eaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good ..but....LovetoDineDined on 9/24/2014Food was good but portions were small. Expensive. Tables were too close together. we were practically sitting with the people next to us.Special Features:
- mmmmmmmmmmm GoodFredZVIPDined on 9/24/2014This is how it should be done. Friendly, courteous, helpful service from the moment you come in and all the way through your visit. And to even top that, the food is great. I want to try everything on the menu (not close to that yet, so I guess we just have to go back again). The pork osso bucco (a special) was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious! This BYOB in Collingswood shouldn't be missed!Special Features:
- Maybe another tryYumminessDined on 9/19/2014I heard wonderful things about the location. I enjoyed the atmosphere but my dish unfortunately I was disappointed. I am a hard customer to Wow, since I have been in the restaurant and bar business for over 20 years. I ordered the NY Strip Steak. I was craving steak and it was cooked through when I ordered medium. I was disappointed with the cannoli also-just like one I would get from a supermarket. I live in Philadelphia and have had great experiences with Italian restaurants in South Philly. When spending that sort of money on dinner I expected more.
- Wind4Dined on 9/19/2014Nice experience. The food was good and it was friendly; the people sitting near us talked to us and we to them. I like that kind of place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014My Pasta was dry and rubbery with very little beef sausage and veal sause.
- Kitchen ConsigliareErnestVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant continues the quality and consistency that was a hall mark in the original location. Expanding has actually improved things. Angelo continues to be the ultimate host and to walk through the dining room and stay hello.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian BYOB!luvitalianfoodDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I have been to Kitchen Consigliere several times, but this was our first time bringing our daughters (19 and 16) and they LOVED it. The food and service are excellent!! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time here and we loved it! It was unanimous! Great food, great service, great ambience, great fun!Special Features:
- Disappointing (and uncomfortable)FoodieincollingswoodDined on 9/13/2014Tables too small, TV in the bar side (where we were seated) not necessary, music too loud, I would have been OK with the noise (radio also playing) if the chairs had been more comfortable, there had been more room around the tables, and the table had been larger! The uncomfortable atmosphere took away from being able to enjoy the food, which was competently cooked (but not better than the 2 other Italian restaurants just yards from the door), generously portioned, and professionally and pleasantly served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mob WinsBanjo4jimDined on 9/13/2014The Kitchen Consigliere is a great restaurant. The food is wonderful, the service is great the people are friendly and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I booked the restaurant through Open Table and called to let them know that it was my husband's birthday.On our way there, we ran into some traffic so called them to say we would be 5 to 10 minutes late, to which the woman at the restaurant told us the table was booked for 8:30, our reservation was for 7:00.I have never been told before that I needed to be out at a certain time.They didn't remember it was a special occasion and that we were celebrating a birthday.The pasta was fresh and homemade but the shrimp were overcooked. It was good Italian food, the service was good, but I wouldn't recommend this place for a special occasion.
- Never disappointedalkjdoijVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been here on several occasions and never disappoints! A little crowded for seating but everything else is spot on. :)Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNickDined on 9/13/2014Awesome time there with my wife this past Saturday. Every aspect of the place was excellent. Service was supurb and friendly. Prices are very reasonable as well, especially with the amount of food you get. Couldn't understand how anyone could leave hungry. Can't wait to get back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeSamiamDined on 9/12/2014We went in for my husbands birthday. The food was great, the service wonderful. Our waiter Lon made the night even better. He is very friendly, funny and sweet with a very good understanding of the menu. Great time out!Special Features:
- Best serviceMomODined on 9/12/2014Within 2 minutes of sitting down, our bottled water was served, our wine was open and we were hearing about the specials. The service was great and continued though out even though the place was hopping. The appetizer mini brasciola with white beans was phenomenal. I don't know how they get white beans that are so big and perfectly cooked; the red sauce was also wonderful. Our main course was very good. The pistachio gelato was the best ever.Special Features:
- MarltonJohnDined on 9/12/2014The food, staff and atmosphere was outstanding would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend and I have been going there for about 4 years. With each visit the service and food have been memorable. The move into the new location raised the level of expectation which was met. Parking is a bit of an issue, but I've been lucky every time. Local shops benefit from the presence of Kitchen Consigliere which also contributes to the ambiance of Collingswood. It is a blessing for both residents and visitors alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian BYOBcellarweasilDined on 9/10/2014Authentic Italian food that rivals the best of South Philly is served in an attractively decorated BYOB in the heart of Collingswood, NJ. Try your favorites or any of the nightly specials and you won't be disappointed. For you dessert eaters, all are made in-house and the tiramisu is the best I've ever had in any restaurant anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodReneedDined on 9/9/2014Whenever we want a great meal we go to the Kitchen Consigliere ! The food and service is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent meal, excellent service! Very accommodating for our party of 9 and my neice's birthday!Special Features:
- Great SpotGmanDined on 9/6/2014I have had dinner here several times and have always had a great experience. The service is good, the place is clean, the help are very helpful and the owner usually visits your table to se show your dinner experience is going.Special Features:
- Awesome!KateDined on 9/6/2014Amazing dinner! Second time for me. Brought my husband and he is from a big NY family and he really enjoyed it! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Jandj71Dined on 9/3/2014As usual, we had a fabulous time here. Wonderful food and friendly, helpful staff. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Our first time here. Everything was fabulous. Lauren, our waitress was terrific. The food was delicious. Everything was cooked to order, so it was pleasure NOT feeling rushed and having your next course shoved at you before you finished the previous one. The only thing that we didn't care for was the "mob" movies (Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale) playing on the TV's. Although it worked very well with the décor, seeing someone getting shot or beaten up was not what I'd like to see during my dinner. Other than that, we LOVED it and will certainly go back.Special Features:
- 1st Timers will be back.MickeypicDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time , the food was excellent, the gravy was terrific and the food A+ quality , the servers were attentive and love all the murals on the wall very professional. Everything we ate was fresh and best we have eaten, and no regrets traveling 1.5 hours to get to the restaurant worth the trip.Special Features:
- Unsatisfied repeat customerEagle14Dined on 8/30/2014Had reservation and was seated 15 minutes late. Asked if we wanted the salads that come complimentary with entree. Told meal would be out in 5 minutes, 30 minutes later it comes out served from a bus boy. During that time our drinks were empty and no bread. Recieved meal and pasta was crunchy. Waitress finally came and asked us how our meals were. Sent the pasta back. We said we just wanted our food and not to speak to manager/owner. He still came over 5 minutes or so later. No apologies and was very rude. Offered us a free dessert on him. We ended up getting our food boxed and left as soon as we could. When we were leaving, we said goodbye to owner and hostess and rudely ignored as they put their heads down. Sadly we will never go back.Special Features:
- First timeDeniseVIPDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go as we purchased a Living Social deal, got good reviews on Opentable, and some friends from work had recently gone, as well, and said they liked the restaurant. We had a great time and will definitely be back. We felt very comfortable, very much at home. Service was excellent. We started with the sausage meatball appetizer, over broccoli rate and provolone. It was very good (and I am not a broccoli rate fan). I had the veal parm, my boyfriend had chicken with broccoli rabe, fontina cheese, etc. Both were very good, as well as the zucchini and dinner salads. We ended with a cannoli, which we also enjoyed. A lot of food, so most of my dish came home with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicemirrid03Dined on 8/29/2014I've been here twice. Both times very enjoyable. Von our waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealEdRiDined on 8/28/2014Angelo always delivers. Great food, friendly service, and a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerErnestVIPDined on 8/24/2014Another great meal. The Consigliere has grown but remains true to it's founding principle; great meals.Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentapultraclassicVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food, the service, the price What a great find.Special Features:
- Well DoneDanMDined on 8/24/2014Visited here for the first time this past weekend and was absolutely please with every aspect of this restaurant. Food and service was outstanding; I anticipate being a regular here and can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on a Saturday NightRobertDined on 8/23/2014Both the service and the food were excellent. We arrived a bit early for our reservation and the hostess told us we could walk around Collingswood and she would text us when our table was ready. Very nice touch.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!!!fla2njDined on 8/23/2014Had another FABULOUS meal at the Consigliere....the food was outstanding.....Harry was fun.....and Patsy's desserts were YUMMY!!Special Features: