The Kitchen Consigliere
700 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen Consigliere
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitconcafe.com/
- Phone: 8568542156x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday - 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Lutz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering for all occasions. Contact Angelo Lutz
- Special Events: The Kitchen Consigliere Cafe is the Exclusive caterer of the Fralinger String Band rental facility located in the heart of mummery on south 3rd street in South Philadelphia. The hall seats up to 100 guests. Please contact Angelo Lutz for more information
A word from The Kitchen Consigliere
Come enjoy old Italian-style dishes, known today as Italian comfort food, at The Kitchen Consigliere as executive chef Angelo Lutz preserves the heritage of real, authentic homestyle cooking. His spot is an informal BYOB Italian eatery with an emphasis on the peasant dishes found in traditional homestyle Italian cooking. Influenced by the dishes he ate as a youngster, Angelo's cooking style stems from teaching and recipes taught by his mother and grandmother. The atmosphere is informal and the food and menus change often, allowing The Kitchen Consigliere to be a cozy, quaint and not over-the-top eatery for the entire family. And good food isn't the only reason to eat at the café. The real adventure is meeting with the real kitchen consigliere; you will come for the food but stick around for the conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Kitchen Consigliere - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
The Kitchen Consigliere reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (191)fit for foodies (119)special occasion (108)good for groups (101)romantic (52)hot spot (38)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- dinnerErnestVIPDined on 8/24/2014Another great meal. The Consigliere has grown but remains true to it's founding principle; great meals.Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentapultraclassicVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food, the service, the price What a great find.Special Features:
- Well DoneDanMDined on 8/24/2014Visited here for the first time this past weekend and was absolutely please with every aspect of this restaurant. Food and service was outstanding; I anticipate being a regular here and can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on a Saturday NightRobertDined on 8/23/2014Both the service and the food were excellent. We arrived a bit early for our reservation and the hostess told us we could walk around Collingswood and she would text us when our table was ready. Very nice touch.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!!!fla2njDined on 8/23/2014Had another FABULOUS meal at the Consigliere....the food was outstanding.....Harry was fun.....and Patsy's desserts were YUMMY!!Special Features:
- Kitchen ConsiglierekathygDined on 8/22/2014Very Good food. Great Service. Great place for families, friends and couples.Special Features:
- Weekday specials ARE VERY SPECIAL!RONBEV1117Dined on 8/20/2014Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday they have specials that can't be beat for the price and the quality of the food! I look forward to my e-mails each week to see what they will have as a special. The 8oz filet dinner last night was fantastic! The mushroom Marsala gravy was delicious!Special Features:
- ButterButtergirlDined on 8/20/2014Filet Mignon special was delicious and reasonably priced. Only one complaint - a nice Ital Restaurant such as Kitchen Consigliere should NOT be serving COLD wrapped butter. Step it up with a small dish of whipped garlic butter for your awesome bread.Special Features:
- Perfect Girls Night Out!pattikakesdeDined on 8/20/2014Five of my friends and I went to The Kitchen Consigliere for a Girls Night Out! Food was delicious with very generous portions! (We each took home a "doggie bag"! Reasonable prices too!Special Features:
- SicilianStallionDined on 8/19/2014Great service. Love Harry! food is always fresh and Angelo's visit to the guests is wonderful. A great place to dine.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!treeclimberDined on 8/19/2014Our return to this upbeat place was as rewarding as the past ones. Delicious veal, tasty eggplant parm and an appetizer that could have been the meal-figs, gorgonzola, crisp greens topped with just enough balsamic reduction!! And the regular coupons really help. Eagerly looking forward to the next adventure! Please do not use my name if you quote me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will want to eat here!!WalterDined on 8/19/2014We had the most wonderful dinner at Kitchen Consigliere! Everything was absolutely delicious and it's a BYOB, which we love. The food is cooked and served beautifully and the portions are huge so you get to take some home for lunch the next day. The service was very, very good, from the hostess who seated us to the gentleman who filled our water and took our dishes away to our server who told us all the specials and took our order. We had the fig appetizer and the sausage meatballs, which were both amazing followed by the Clams with Linguine (white) and the NY Strip Steak. Yum! For desert we had the Brookie (a cookie baked inside a brownie) which was so good we wanted to lick the plate! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Kitchen ConsigliereirishwondrDined on 8/16/2014We took out of town family here. They loved everything.. This place is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place every timefriendlyDined on 8/16/2014The good is excellent in taste and presentation. The service is friendly and timely making each visit very enjoyable. The owner is present and makes rounds to takes throughout the visit/meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First time here.. Food was delish! Peach cake that the server craved about was just ok. But the tables were so small we were afraid to order more appetizers. My boyfriend and I love to sit next to each other and feed one another but the area was so tight we couldn't and my dinner with my love was not romantic. Plus we had all the cheeses n salt n pepper shakers taking up our little table space. So over all food was great but needs more roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulsophillyagDined on 8/12/2014The food was wonderful; the service outstanding. Our waiter Lon took excellent care of us. It was the first time in my life that a waiter asked if anyone had any food allergies. I do & dining out can be tough sometimes. That really impressed me. It was a great atmosphere for our girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Great menu, Food well prepared and presented....very good service.....location very convenient...well decorated ..OVERALL VERY GOOD EXPERIENCESpecial Features:
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceGreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014Second time at Kitchen Consigliere and it was delicious. Our server was the best I have ever had. He knew everything about the menu, details about the specials and was knowledgeable enough about food to be able to suggest substitutions. He was attentive to our needs but not over bearing. The chef/owner came out to make sure we were happy with our meal and service. We have the fig salad and the artichoke appetizer and both tasted fresh and delicious. For dinner we had the specials the Spare Rib gravy and the Chicken Florentine which were also delicious. Kitchen Consigliere has moved up the ladder to one of our favorite spots. I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Special Place!!RONBEV1117Dined on 8/9/2014Your food is fantastic! The prices are a little high...not for the quality or quantity...but for the everyday pocketbook!! Your crew are friendly and very pleasant and helpful! We try to eat there at least once a month. Your weekly specials that you send in emails are very good deals and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Kitchen ConsiglieredelishDined on 8/7/2014I have been to The Kitchen Consigliere several times and I do love it. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. The last visit to the Kitchen Consigliere, our waiter Antonio (Tony) was the best. He was very friendly, very accommodating and very on the ball. And made the dinner that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!StscyGDined on 8/7/2014I first visited this restaurant at its former location to try it out, mostly because my late father had known the owner for many years. I was curious. However, after trying it just once, I was hooked! The new location is even more inviting, due to the ambience that awaits as you enter, but the food remains incredible! From the phenomenal gravy, to the out of this world, home-made desserts, everyone should try the Kitchen Consigliere. You don't know what you're missing! It's truly authentic Italian at its best. The owner, Angelo, makes it a point to visit every table, nightly, to give a smile or a hello and make sure that his customers are happy. Make it a point to visit this Collingswood gem. You'll be glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingcollingswooddinerDined on 8/3/2014We were excited to try this restaurant but it would be hard to ever return with such wonderful Italian restaurants such as That's Amore so close. I ordered the grilled romaine salad topped with shrimp and scallops and was disappointed to find that the shrimp and scallops were the size of peas....think the kind that comes out of a can or you would get in a seafood soup from wawa. Also the salad was supposed to come with a caesar dressing but it was drenched in what seemed like a white wine sauce they use on one of their pasta dishes. My husband got the veal parm. He liked it, but felt like it was nothing special- The sauce did not seem fresh or homemade. It's a shame because it is very rare for me to not enjoy a meal out & the place is cute.
- Great food / Geeat serviceBiancaKDined on 8/3/2014Great food & Freat service you really cannot ask for much more !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!!JanZDined on 8/3/2014We always get a great meal and great service at the Kitchen Consigliere!! Love it there!!Special Features:
- Amazing foodlovemetenderDined on 8/3/2014Everything was incredible. Food was amazing and the service was top notch. I would highly recommend this place. We visit at lease twice a month. I highly recommend the rice ball and fig salad. The gnocchi's were out of this world. If you like clams and spaghetti you have to order it from here. The best we've had.Special Features:
- Never a DisappointmentSoJoGirl29Dined on 8/3/2014Third visit in as many months and it just gets better and better each time. Celebrated my brother's birthday on this outing and ordered a birthday cake which was made by the general manager, Patsy. Cannoli Choc Chip cake was AMAZING! Our waiter, Harry, couldn't be more attentive and, as always, Angelo stopped by to check in that everyone was happy. I just love this restaurant!Special Features:
- The night was humidNotHappyinACDined on 8/2/2014After arriving 20 min early for 8:00 reservation, we were told our table was not ready, another party of 4, which we were 4 also showed up 2 mins after us. The other party was seated before us at 8:10 at a nicer table, we were seated at 8:15 at a much less desirable table, seems open table has no clout, the waiter forgot to put my dinner order in so 3 people got their meals and not me until 15 mins after everyone else . They gave me a free cannoli for the mistake. Nothing said about waiting for the table after our reservation time.Special Features:
- dinner with my sonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Decided to have dinner with my son while his future wife attended her bachelorette party. This restaurant had been strongly recommended by some friends. We enjoyed our appetizer of calamari. After that our salads arrived, then our entrees. My son had the veal saltimbocca, and I had the sausage bolognaise. both of our dinners were spectacular. For dessert I had the cannoli. WOW!!! Can't wait to take my wife!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDJennifercDined on 8/2/2014Let alone the story behind the restaurant, overall experience was amazing. Our server Harry was the best server I have had in years. The food no matter what we ordered, table of four mind you, was outstanding. Beyond the company the food and the size of the triple layer chocolate cake were most impressive. I would highly recommend this is a dining experience for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodC21cathyDined on 8/1/2014Good food, good service good prices. Staff very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014This authentic Italian BYOB never disappoints. The food is always GREAT. The prices are a little high but totally worth it. The onsite parking in the back makes visiting the restaurant much easier then finding a parking spot downtown. Can't dine here again.
- South Jersey Gem!BrandonDined on 7/31/2014Great food, big portions, great ambiance, friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceJohnDDined on 7/30/2014All the food was great from the appetizers, to the main course and of course dessert. I will definitely be going back here sometime soon.Special Features:
- Must Try!ElizabethDined on 7/29/2014I love Kitchen Connsigliere! This was my first time to their new location. Neil (I think was his name) was a great server. We were celebrating my cousins birthday and she is pregnant. He made her a virgin sangria to make her feel icluded with our wine drinking. The food is amazing and you will leave feeling full...too full...and lots of left overs. I was alittle disappointed that they took the chicken alfredo off the menu but it wont stop me from coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL ITALIAN FOODRONBEV1117Dined on 7/27/20144 OF US DINED THERE ON SUNDAY EVENING. OUR TABLE WAS READY AND WAITING AS PER OUR RESERVATION. EVERYONE HAD A DIFFERENT DISH AND EACH DISH WAS TERRIFIC! GNOCCHI MADE WITH RICOTTA WERE INCREDIBLE AND NOT EASY TO FIND IN SOUTH JERSEY. DESSERT WAS ALSO FANTASTIC! 2 PIZZELLES FILLED WITH CANOLLI FILLING AND FRESH BERRIES!! A MUST TRY FOR EVERYONE WHO APPRECIATES GOOD FOOD PREPARED FRESH. A LITTLE PRICEY BUT WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY. WE WILL DEFINITELY GO THERE AGAIN AND AGAIN.Special Features:
- Delicious!localresidentDined on 7/27/2014We had a great time. Fantastic food! Fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegwholovestoeatoutDined on 7/26/2014Had a great meal & wonderful experience. Will return soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/26/2014Food and service outstanding. Large portions with homemade pasta. Fig appetizer different and tasty. Large Saturday night crowd but service outstanding. That corner of collingswood is little Italy. The competition better step up their games because the consigliere is in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjudyDined on 7/26/2014I have dined there numerous times. Took friends there sat nite for their first visit, food was excellent they had the lobster tortolloni which was excellent, i had my usual shrimp, scallops n crabmeat in blush sauce. Cannot wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best place to eat!!!TonyDined on 7/26/2014We LOVE this restaurant. Food is ALWAYS delicious. Service is ALWAYS good and this time we were privileged to have a newer server and he was OUTSTANDING!!! What else can I say?? Just this-make a reservation and get to The Kitchen Consigliere sooner than soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.