The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hardrockhotelorlando.com/dining_and_nightlife/the_kitchen/
- Phone: 4075032430
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am – noon; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Light Fare Daily: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Chin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located just off The Kitchen"s main dining room, The Pantry is a private dining area that can seat up to 70 people. It's the perfect place to host your own "backstage" event - from an office party to a holiday party or just a "party-party" for your favorite fans! The Pantry's privacy makes it ideal for meetings, seminars, intimate wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners! Group menus are available for 20 or more guests and range from $42-$73 per person for three or four courses. Plated or buffet lunch menus range from $24-$65 per person. Children's birthday parties start at $17.50 per child. Menus are subject to a 22% taxable service charge and 6.5% sales tax. Groups can also enjoy an INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF COOKING, rock & roll style! Take part in an interactive and hands-on cooking class with a group of friends or colleagues Classes are held in the main dining room for 20-80 people either over a half or a full day.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Sheehan 4075032431x
- Entertainment: On Wednesday and Saturday evenings from 6:00 – 9:00pm, treat the kids to a dining experience they"ll never forget. Enjoy a meal with some of your favorite Universal Orlando Resort theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table. Kids can hang out in the Kids' Crib – the walls are adorned with lunch boxes, colorful drumsticks; and a big screen TV to watch all of their favorite cartoons and hang out while mom and dad enjoy their dinner. Kids can also enjoy the Kids Buffet on select nights and the Magic Men on Friday nights.
- Special Events: For the adults, The Kitchen features cocktail and wine specials Monday – Thursday evenings from 5pm – close including the Wonderful World of Wine on Monday, Martini Night on Tuesday and Thursday, and Wine Down Wednesdays; plus Sunday Bloody Sunday all day happy hour.
A word from The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
When guests at the Hard Rock Hotel feel the urge to "raid the "fridge," they head to The Kitchen for a variety of tantalizing cuisine with a rock 'n' roll attitude. Executive Chef Douglas Chin serves up New American cuisine along with your favorite comfort foods. Signature dishes include The Kitchen Burger, Mac & Cheese, Ahi Tuna, New York Strip and a delicious array of Flatbreads. The Kitchen features a daily breakfast buffet and if you've been partying all night, upgrade to the Rock Star breakfast with unlimited Bloody Marys and Champagne Mimosas! Serving over 100 different wines and 50 wines by the glass plus a wide variety of signature cocktails with fresh ingredients, you'll have trouble selecting just one to enjoy. Lil' rockers have their own special place to hang out plus enjoy special entertainment on select nights. Its walls are adorned with culinary-themed memorabilia from the Hard Rock Hotel's many celebrity guests, making The Kitchen the perfect place to "chill".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (27)good for groups (15)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- so-so food at high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was very disappointed with the shrimp tacos! the shrimp we supposed to be grilled- they had nothing to resemble having been put on a grill and very little flavor. The sauce that was served with was ok, but the dish as a whole lacked flavor. The mac and cheese was tasty enough and the NY steak was of a good size for $36. I won't go backSpecial Features:
- Great Hotel RestaurantgsgdmdDined on 10/13/2014We ate here on our recent stay at the hard rock hotel and it was great! Service was outstanding and persons were large and the food was great!! Would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great Foodkaren4Dined on 9/29/2014The waiting staff were great, the food was amazing and the atmosphere really lively. I'd recommend booking a reservation instead of turning up but Deffo recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret In OrlandoHiddenGemsVIPDined on 9/28/2014The attitude and vibe of The Kitchen is the best.....the food goes beyond that!Special Features:
- Great food, great service¬srobinDined on 9/27/2014We were there for dinner for a family reunion and the staff were really understanding and good at giving us time and space when taking our orders considering that we were having a massive catch up having not seen each other in over 4 years. They were very friendly, and we were lucky enough to be there during a character dining experience, where both the characters and the handlers were exceptional. Great service from a fantastic team!Special Features:
- Great ChoiceAmyRebeccaDined on 9/13/2014I hosted my friends birthday brunch at The Kitchen. We had a great time and I was pleased with the food and service. We had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Rock Star Experience!TainaDined on 9/12/2014it was the best experience my family & I had. Thank You so much to the Staff, Management and Entertainment for your overall high quality. i wish i had names but the food was fantastic, the place is clean and entertaining to look at, music was perfect & upbeat, i can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to a vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014We chose to eat at the Kitchen the first day we got to Universal. The waiter was great - welcoming and plenty of patience while we went through the menu. I had a few options and he suggested one of them which was his favorite. It was amazing.Special Features:
- really liked sunday brunchJohnDined on 8/24/2014should stay open later than noon though. sluggish on sunday mornings. great service; offered us Eggs Benedict cooked to order on buffet. recognized birthday (only one in 5 days that did something.).Special Features:
- Great food, excellent menuJustinDined on 8/23/2014Went here with my wife and 2 kids and we had a great time.. The restaurant is very kid friendly but not loud and crazy like some other restaurants near the theme parks. Its a very short walk or boat ride from Universal Studios Orlando. We loved the Mac & Cheese, Shrimp Tacos, Short Ribs and flat bread pizza. All of our food was great. The pretzels they serve at the table are AMAZING but dont fill up on them because the food you ordered will be excellent too. As a surprise bonus, a few characters from the parks stopped by our table, its done really well, they quietly bring them to the tables, no big song and dance. I highly recommend this restaurant with our without kids.Special Features:
- Dinner at Hard Rock in AugustLuvtoeatoutDined on 8/20/2014Great evening. Waiter was great at the beginning became very busy by the end. Food was excellent. Large portions. My daughter loved the dessert selection the large tray was the shape of a guitar. Bart and Homer Simpson dropped by Homer even sat down at the table with us. All staff were friendly and cheerful. Great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We ate there twice on aug 15 and then again on the 17th. the complementary pretzel bread and corn bread are fantastic, and all the food was top notch. We really enjoyed the ambiance, and the table service was great. Would definitely eat there again, and will do so, next time we travel to Orlando!Special Features:
- the Kitchen at Hard Rock HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014the food was outstanding, the staff was wonderful and the characters were great. I think they should add a few more characters, but overall it was a super place. I would highly recommend the place and would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick, tasty fooddinnerisservedDined on 8/8/2014We arrived at the Hard Rock Hotel on a Friday night. I made a reservation at the Kitchen online while at the airport, as I knew we'd be too tired to go out. The service was great, the food a welcome change from burgers and chicken strips, and there was a magician going table to table to entertain the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical theme park quality foodluv2eatDined on 8/5/2014The Kitchen burger and the gator appetizer was delicious. The service for a weeknight wasn't all that great. Had to hunt down the waiter just to get our drinks refilled and the rest of our order was just ok - our marguerita pizza was too burnt on the bottom, we got stale chips for our artichoke dip, and the chicken pot pie seemed way under baked.Special Features:
- Great for big party (11 people)FamsixDined on 8/2/2014Table was ready when we arrives. Food was very good and management was also attentive to our needs. I'd highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 Adults, 2 KidsSnagromDined on 7/23/2014Food was good, portions large. No "lighter" options meant that after soup ( which was very good but a meal in itself!) kids paid for full plates they could not possibly eat. Overall the staff were excellent and ensured that our experience was maxed out, including photos with Homer and Bart Simpson, two heroes of mine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRepsol48Dined on 7/21/2014From the ease of making on-line reservations, to being seated by a great hostess and being served by John (knows his stuff, skilled at his job and understands his guests) our experience was perfect!Special Features:
- Awesome brunchAshleyregasDined on 7/20/2014Went to the Kitchen for their Sunday brunch, which was awesome. Some of the freshest food I've found on a buffet. I also love that not only do they have a cook-to-order station for eggs, they do for pancakes and french toast as well. And the fresh fruit is amazing. My only critique was our waiter was a bit slow to bring drinks, coffee out.Special Features:
- character dinnerDraLisaDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed the character dinner. We had a minion and Scooby. They spent plenty of time at each table, sometimes coming by twice. There is a variety of food on the kid menu, but the pasta portion was too small for my 10 year old. The child's pizza, however, was large. A bit pricey for the quality/quantity, but on par with the other resorts/hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bed and BreakfastQueeniDined on 7/13/2014We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and did the bed and breakfast combo. I am glad we did. The food at the Kitchen was ok, but the staff, every member from the wait staff, to the cooks, to the bus boys were amazing!Special Features:
- Cozy KitchenQueeniDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed breakfast there both mornings because I booked the bed and breakfast combo. So glad I did. The food was good, but it was very convenient and the staff MAKES the whole experience wonderful.Special Features:
- Staff is nice, food is decentvdh1Dined on 7/11/2014The wait staff is friendly and energetic. The food is decent, not really memorable. Burgers, nachos, etc. The general management practices especially related with OpenTable are abysmal. They do not honor reservations. We show up with our reservation and they basically tell us that our specific time reservation "only gets you on a priority waiting list." They straight up LIE about available times to get you to come in, then stick you in a 45 minute wait, even with a reservation through OpenTable. If you look at OpenTable, every single time slot appears open, then you show up and then go "oh we don't know what that is, the wait is an hour"Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Thank you, great menu and choice after a day in the parks. Book a reservation as restaurant busy in evenings and you may have to eat later than you would like. Worth the wait though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Movie 4th of July lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Attended with 5 other guests had a great time, food and service. The soup was hot, I had the mac and cheese with chicken, delicious! Ask for dessert the presentation is awesome bought out on a guitar. We had a table the chairs are so comfortable and the memorabilia of celebs is very cool to check out. I have been here multiple times and this was a first time for three of our friends, no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 250 reviews are from the The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel reviews archive.
- AwesomeAnneDined on 6/18/2014We visit The Kitchen every time we are in Orlando. It is always wonderful.Special Features:
- great for breakfastErrrlDined on 6/8/2014had the breakfast buffet, options were plenty, food was fresh and hot. the price is very affordable. you will eat plenty be ready to nap after .... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itcvivian78Dined on 6/6/2014We tried the kitchen because it was conviently located in our hotel for dinner. The waitstaff was very friendly and the restaurant had nice decor. The cornbread and pretzels that were brought out we're delicious as well as the pomegranate martini I had. The reason for the two stars was the main course was awful. I had Mahi Mahi with asparagus and potatoes. The asparagus was ok but the fish and potatoes were flavorless and over cooked. Very dry. My husband had the ribs which he was not impressed with either. One of my sons had the pizza which he did like and ate all of but then again it's difficult to screw up pizza. My other son had the cheeseburger which he didn't care for. I wouldn't recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good food for resort hotelJBTOpenTableDined on 6/1/2014The Kitchen is a good place to eat for locals (or tourists) going out to CityWalk or Universal Florida. The food is solid, much better than most of the restaurants in the Universal complex. It also offers a good price point below the higher end restaurants at Universal. The service was good and it was not crowded on a Sunday evening.Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014The Kitchen is fantastic. The service was prompt, professional and engaging. The food was better than expected and reasonably priced, for a resort. I would highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBebaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great food and awesome service. First time dining here wont be our lastSpecial Features:
- Lunch MenuBobTDined on 5/12/2014The food is ok, I expected better for a restaurant called the KitchenSpecial Features:
- Great meal...Weird WaitjcooperorlandoDined on 5/11/2014I reserved a table for 6 for Mother's Day brunch. The reservation was at 1 pm. We arrived right at 1 pm & checked in at the hostess stand. There were a number of people waiting for tables & we were told it would be just a few minutes while they prepared our table. We watched as all of the other parties were seated & even saw new parties arrive & get seated. Ten minutes passed & no word on our table. I inquired & was told it would be just one more minute. More parties arrived & were seated. Twenty minutes passed & still nothing. We were very patient & refused to get frustrated. At 1:30 pm, I approached the hostess stand & asked again. We were sat immediately. The rest of the meal & service was great but the wait was unexplainable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch Review!MomsdaytobewinedndinedDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day Brunch was very good & there was plenty to choose from regarding selections of different variety including enough for vegetarians like me. The service was excellent & very courteous. The dinning room was very nice & seating very comfortable. We had a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchAngieDined on 5/11/2014We went on Mother's Day for the brunch, probably the busiest day of the year, and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food and variety was, and how friendly the servers and hostess were. I have a son with Autism who can not wait very long, and we were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation and were able to eat right away. Thank you!Special Features:
- ExcellentEfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Food is top notch; service is always on the spot; great, fun restaurant.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014The food and atmosphere was really nice. It was our first time there and the servers and staff were great too. The only thing is we had to ask for refills and did not see our server for some time. I thought we only had one but come to find out there were 2 and we were never told. The other server came to cash us out which was strange and our original server was never seen again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Terrible service, went for brunch for Mother's Day and was placed next to the kitchen in an extension of dining room. All of this with a reservation!!!! Will not be going back there.
- Mother's Day BrunchLocalFoodie123Dined on 5/11/2014This was my second visit for Mother's Day to The Kitchen. I love the Hotel and the restaurant. However, The table service was horrible. There were two waiters assigned to our area. We had to ask, ask, and ask again for water, Mimosa's, etc.. We had to leave the mandatory 18% gratuity which amounted to approx. 100.00 plus dollars for our table. We felt cheated since we served ourselves at the buffet and we received bad service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotFOODDUDE23VIPDined on 5/11/2014Service was up to par and specialty brunch was good.Special Features: