King Cole Salon
2 East 55th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
King Cole Salon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kingcolebar.com/
- Phone: 2123396857x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am to 11:30am
Lunch: 11:30pm to 5:00pm
Afternoon Tea: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: John DeLucie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Harpist: Wednesday - Sunday, 3:00pm - 5:00pm.
A word from King Cole Salon
This fashionable restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner under exquisite raised ceilings. King Cole Salon features Maxfield Parrish's masterpiece and The King Cole mural.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
King Cole Salon reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DKANDined on 9/11/2014Food very disappointing worst lamb chops ever.. Stick to visiting the barSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Experienceout2celebrateVIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. In addition to the impeccable quality of the food, our server, Craig, provided us with outstanding service and attention to detail, making our experience truly memorable.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast!!!!dineroftheyearVIPDined on 7/13/2014Fantastic breakfast of eggs Benedict, omelettes & French toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAtl1847VIPDined on 6/11/2014Everything was fantastic again. The service was absolutely top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 110 reviews are from the King Cole Salon reviews archive.
- Great Bloody MaryAldrichDined on 5/18/2014A wonderful, but blatantly overpriced, Bloody Mary
- DisappointingANOnymousVIPDined on 5/18/2014After hearing numberous recommendations for the french toast (inlcuding our waiter's entustiastic "It has been my absolute favorite thing on the menu ever since I started working here here!" delivered not only at our table but at two tables adjacent to ours (I think he was talking about the french toast all three times), I was disappointed when it was delivered to the table within three minutes of ordering it - you guessed it - cold. It was cheerfully taken back and a new order prepared. In this case, the french toast was warmer (although dry), the carmelized bananas were still cold, and the strawberry garnish had gone from beautiful to tiny. This is a great bar, but there ar far better breakfasts and brunches in NYC.
- fabehotdogDined on 5/11/2014It was perfect. I brought my mother for mother's day & it couldn't have been better. Loved itSpecial Features:
- shhhhanb3309VIPDined on 5/4/2014want to keep this a secret. gorgeous room. great service and good food. nice menu. wonderful place to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service not do great decorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Once again I was struck by the incongruent decor. Gone are the elegance and class of the old world decor! The service though very pleasant and the tea exquisite .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why?JLD0226VIPDined on 4/20/2014The Astor Court was formerly one of New York's most special and beautiful rooms. Having brunch or tea on the Limoges china, set upon crisp linens with antique silver in the Belle Epoque elegance of the original room was truly an experience. Now, with the renovations, one could be at the breakfast buffet in any Marriott on the Beltway. Our party - attendees of Easter brunch as part of a tradition going back at last ten years - were truly saddened by the malapropos and generic decor, lack of linens, decline in the quality of the food and pastries, and commonplace place settings. I believe many others agree based upon the fact that Easter brunch, generally filled past capacity, was almost completely empty.
- Nice NY experience, authentic teadisappointedDined on 4/19/2014I was pleasantly surprised. Given it's a touristy spot, I was very surprised to see the servers really interested in their patrons. The tea was VERY well done. I actually didn't like my first selection, and they replaced it very quickly. The food was great. Would come again with out of town visitors, no question.Special Features:
- LUXURY HOTEL IN THE ST REGISPETERMEXVIPDined on 4/6/2014Nice Restaurant in The St REGIS NY. The food was good but the service need to improve a little bit. Very nice atmosphere and in general a great place to have drink or eat near the 5Av. I like all St REGIS so I feel like home here.Special Features:
- THE ST REGIS RESTAURANTPETERMEXVIPDined on 4/5/2014King Cole Salon is the hotel restaurant. I like The. St Regis and that's why I visit this restaurant. Is a nice place next to the 5th Av. The food is good with nice and luxurious atmosphere. Reservation recommended .Special Features:
- Not up to parjmc2VIPDined on 3/25/2014I was dining by myself. I ordered an escarole salad with chicken, and salmon as the entree. Somehow the order for the salmon got lost. After I finished the escarole, I was waiting around for the salmon to show up and instead someone brought me a dessert menu. So, after clarifying what I ordered, it took another 25 minutes to cook the salmon. In total, I was there an hour and a half. To their credit, they did provide free wine refills to make up for it, which was a nice gesture. The escarole salad was good but forgettable. The salmon was great. I've eaten at this restaurant before and the service experience is usually better.Special Features:
- DelightfulCathyDined on 3/23/2014When there for Sunday brunch specifically for the Bloody Mary (red snapper) and guess what? New York is still under blue laws which prohibit sale of alcohol before noon! Our waiter was gracious enough to give us a glass of the mix so at least we got the taste. The place is spectacular, opulent, gorgeous! Our waiter got our order wrong, but we didn't care. Both meals were good anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very high prices with barelyjoiseychowhoundVIPDined on 3/8/2014Very high prices with barely adequate food, plated in the strangest ways. Pleasant but clumsy (and slow) service. Room is nice enough but a bit cold and clanky. Decent place to duck in for drinks or a snack before a show or while shopping, but definitely not a fine dining destination.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience incredible; service so-soorthochickVIPDined on 2/6/2014We had reservations for the outer Salon but asked to be seated inside the bar area, which was buzzing with all sorts of people. There is one water for all of the bar area, so order everything when you see him because you'll never know when he'll appear again. Bar food is extremely good - sliders, wonderful deviled eggs, incredible porcini popcorn, tuna tartare... and drinks are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been coming to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for many years but after the remodeling I felt such a disappointment. The décor clashes with the period of the murals and the tables that used to be covered in clean, classy ground teasing white linen is now PLASTIC pretending to be granite. The service though is very good and the food and the tea selection better than at the Plaza . But I will be going there because the décor is half of what I am looking for when I am having a afternoon tea
- New Direction?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2013The newly renovated King Cole Salon has been somewhat of a disappointment for me and my family and seems at odds with the rest of the hotel and its classic old school charm. Spent some time there over the holidays as part of our family's tradition and it appears that King Cole Salon was not inclined to put any significant effort behind holiday decorations and/or atmosphere. Instead favoring a "clubby" lounge with uncomfortably loud music. Nonetheless, we remain hopeful Management may rethink this new direction and return it to it's former glory and traditionSpecial Features:
- Good Location, not the food/serviceSFNYTouristVIPDined on 12/14/2013After a nos of years as a charming Astor Court, the new King Cole Salon, has changed to a "casual" concept, While it has given up the old world charm , it fail utterly to create a new vibrancy with good food & a welcoming drinking place. We are former NYers, well travelled and can see the difference with those like the "W", esp during the evening hours. The service is OK, but the attendants look tired or daydreaming. The breakfast is overpriced, the quality of food was poor, e.g. we're served stale pastries. Due to the location, we may go here again for afternoon tea, and that's probably the only reason. We hope that management would make improvement , as it is such a waste for a beautiful restaurant at St. Regis , NY.
- The restaurant is good ifOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2013The restaurant is good if you are shopping in the 5th Avenue area; otherwise, I'm not sure if I'd recommend the restaurant. The bar area is very vibrant; however, the restaurant feels like you are somewhat sitting in a hotel lobby.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicenjfranVIPDined on 10/12/2013Didn't realize the King Cole Bar was being redone so instead of just having cocktails, we decided to eat at The Vault which is the restaurant area on the back end of the King Cole Bar which was open. Our meal was wonderful but the service was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- I Am Charmed!LIdinerDined on 10/6/2013Hats off to the pastry chef for this multitude of scrumptious tidbits (tea sandwiches and pastries 2nd course) served by attentive and smiling staff in silver vessels and plates on starched white table-cloths in quite room with modern old world charm! Wonderful and worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch/DinnerZecapagodeiroDined on 8/21/2013Great place for a nice conversation. Very suitable for a business lunch/dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the French Toast1TimeNYCDined on 8/11/2013This hotel is located inside the St. Regis hotel. It is very high class, and the waiters make you feel as if you are a posh person. I ate there for breakfast and the French Toast with strawberry butter and Carmelized bananas was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice afternoon but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Nice afternoon but disappointed that we had to sit in the VAULT. Beautiful surrounding nonetheless .Special Features:
- Absolutely BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2013Perhaps the most beautiful eating environment New York has to offer, never mind the harpist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant spot for afternoonsherylfVIPDined on 6/20/2013Elegant spot for afternoon tea. Nice mix of savory and sweet and lovely harp playing in the background.Special Features:
- As usual a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013As usual a great experience. The Mad Hatter Tea was very flavorful and our waiter wax graciously in intrusive yet attentive. Excellent experience Oh and the harp was divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2013Unhurried afternoon tea in a lovely, if somewhat cluttered, setting. There were too many tables too close together, but since there were only three or so other parties the room was quiet. Savories and sweets were almost all excellent (with only one disappointing sweet). The waiters were pleasant about bringing extra portions (which were, in my opinion, completely unnecessary, as I barely finished 2/3 of the original serving, and I'm no light-weight, but I mention it in case you have a hearty eater in your party).
- Had a Goods experience onValverdinhaDined on 4/20/2013Had a Goods experience on breakfast. Very special and healthy amounts, freshly fruits, assorted breads, notable service. Surely will come back!Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2013I had been looking for a restaurant in the 5th Ave. and 55th Street area that would have terrific food and a quiet, romantic feel. I selected Astor Court and was thrilled. This was a first date and was exactly what I wanted. We were able to talk without having to battle a high noise level. Service was the perfect balance of attentive without being annoying. We both enjoyed our meals and had a great time, thank you!Special Features:
- Food is fine, waiter was miserable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2013Food is fine, waiter was miserable. Had to ask for water multiple times and he seemed to think he was doing us a massive favour by doing his job. He was downright rude. There are better teas in the city with decent (or even outstanding) service, no point in wasting your money to be glared at for an hour and a half.
- Hardly anyone in the restaurantSaraVIPDined on 3/3/2013Hardly anyone in the restaurant but we still waited for menus, then water and then our food - and never got any bread. No atmosphere as place half dead BUT the food was delicious and our staff (when they appeared) were polite and friendly.
- Takes me backCookDined on 2/17/2013Super quiet. Highest-end service. Classy old-fashioned upholstery is a little run down, but super comfy and made me feel they prioritize correctly. Pricey, but nice change from crowded hustle& bustle. EXCELLENT coffee.Special Features:
- Had a great time here on theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Had a great time here on the Valentine's Day night with my girlfriend. Live piano in the background; great food and presentation and the attentive staff helped us make the evening wonderful.Special Features:
- Relaxing special place for lunch!notbadVIPDined on 2/10/2013Steve Bellone and his staff did a wonderful job of creating an atmosphere that is relaxing. His staff goes above and beyond when we step into the St. Regis. The setting is intimate and you almost feel like you are the only people who are sitting at a table at Astor Court. We had the traditional sunday brunch and it was done extremely well. We will certainly be returning.
- We had a really good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012We had a really good time regarding the place and food. The service was perfect, they even gave us two glasses of Champagne before we left. You should definitely go.Special Features:
- Afternoon Tea and the TreestefystefDined on 12/21/2012Every year, my friend and I go to afternoon tea and visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree for the Christmas holidays. We always find ourselves back at the Astor Room at the St. Regis for its elegant, excellent service and fine tea selection. We had a lovely time and as always, highly recommend The Astor Court.Special Features:
- A Grand Hotel StapleAtlasdinerVIPDined on 12/20/2012I enjoy the old-world style of Astor Court. It is a fine option for grand-hotel dining ambiance when you don't require a formal restaurant meal.Special Features: