181 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10005Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ketchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2124221965
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: George Primicile
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When you approach us to cater your event, we know that impression is everything. To help you make that good impression, we provide the same quality food that you enjoy in our restaurant for your corporate and personal events. It's real cuisine, right downtown, and its prepared for your event with the same dedication and care as if you were sitting at our tables.
- Private Party Facilities: From cocktail receptions to buffet-style luncheons to sit-down dinners, we'll arrange the right menu for your event, and our catering specialists will assist you with choices of menus, to create an experience your friends and colleagues will remember. Real Cuisine, Right Downtown
- Private Party Contact: John Lopez 8669433830
- Entertainment: 7 Private dining or banquet rooms from 20 to 500 persons.
- Cross Street: Cedar Street
- Public Transit: 2, 3, 4 & 5 Trains to the Wall Street station. Walk down Wall St. and make a left on Pearl St.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Imperial Parking is Located across the street on Cedar St. between Pearl and William St. The cost is $12.00 with validation.
A word from The Ketch
Real Cuisine, Right Downtown. Our motto encapsulates what we do provide unique New American Cuisine in a setting perfect for all occasions. At lunch we open our doors to the person in need of a quick taste of fantastic fare as well as those who want to sit back and relax. At dinner we dim the lights and offer both a quiet dining experience as well as a classy spot to have a drink with friends. For larger groups we are proud to provide our world class catering service. At The Ketch, Its Real Cuisine, Right Downtown. It's or motto, and it's our promise to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ketch reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great FoodkmckjDined on 4/1/2014Food was delicious, but the service could have been better. It felt a little rushed and not very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinner at The KetchBillDined on 3/27/2014We had a most enjoyable evening. The duet crabcake and ahi tartare appetizer was a masterpiece, and the rest of the dinner was excellent as well. Restaurant was uncrowded and quiet, service was attentive and friendly. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wall St. DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/18/2014Good food, service and ambiance which can be hard to find in the Wall St. area, especially for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchdiner130104VIPDined on 1/24/2014Good for business lunch. Service kind of slow if you go after 2pm. Very prompt between 12-2.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was not a memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/17/2014It was not a memorable experience and wait staff cool and not very friendly.
- Solid findTroyGDined on 12/3/2013Not a bad spot. Very clean and very modern looking. Felt very comfortable, even though there was a pretty heavy lunch crowd we did not feel like we were on top of each other. Portions were very well sized for the price. Went with something other than seafood (go figure) and it was pretty good. Other members of the party all had seafood meals and said they were very good.Special Features:
- OutstandingBillDined on 11/26/2013It is not easy, in NYC, to find a place where you can both enjoy the food and great company at the same time, Having lunch at the Ketch with good friends, we found both. A very relaxing atmosphere, great food (the plates were plentiful and very delicious with outstanding serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. OurFoodFanVIPDined on 11/8/2013The food was delicious. Our waitress was very short with us and rude. She was packed up and ready to go for the night (coat on and everything) before we were done eating. Also, it was a very weird set up. To get to our table, we had to walk through a private party that looked like a rehearsal dinner or something. Very awkward.
- Ketch is a catchsbump2Dined on 10/28/2013Great to have in the neighborhood. Simple but great menu. Always in the rotation.Special Features:
- The Best Service Staff in DowntownFidoDined on 10/24/2013For excellent service and the freshest seafood in Manhattan, visit the Ketch. It's excellent for business settings and romantic dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great KetchArtMDined on 10/9/2013Business lunch with three colleagues was a delight since it's been a long time returning to this establishment for a meal. Great decor, white tablecloths, and exceptional service started by excellent fresh, crispy tasty calamari, and lentil soup for appetizers. Entrees of fresh salmon over chopped greens, and perfectly prepared tuna "two ways"were fantastic with prompt service. Everything is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business or RomanticFidoDined on 10/2/2013Excellent ambiance for romantic dinners or lunch meetings. The food is superb but the staff is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RECOMMENDED1Gal2IslandsDined on 9/11/2013I use the Ketch for business lunches and personal lunches with friends and for large group events. The food is always good and the service is excellent. The ambiance in the dining rooms is lovely - the nautical decor is very apt for the downtown, near the South Street Seaport, location. Nice bar and the bartenders are great. The staff has always gone above and beyond to make my group events special. All in all, I highly recommend the Ketch.Special Features:
- Food was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2013Went for a business lunch. My lunch was bland, no flavor. Dessert was the same. My colleague said that his lunch was excellent.
- Nice Option DowntownRaymondTuskVIPDined on 8/14/2013Very classy interior, with a strong seafood menu. Seafood was very fresh. Reservation honored on time. Dining room modestly crowded. Probably more of a lunchtime place, but a great choice for dinner.
- Food was superb. I met a clientSandyChoiceDined on 8/9/2013Food was superb. I met a client for lunch and it was quiet. My lunch was scheduled for 1pm. I am planning to return......Special Features:
- Excellent Ketch...FidoDined on 8/7/2013The Captain's Ketch is a phenomenal location for lunch. The upscale atmosphere sets the mood for business or romantic occasions. The menu is diverse and excellent food portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the service to the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013From the service to the food, everything was simply wonderful.Special Features:
- Good place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2013I have been here several times in the past and they always deliver. It is a great seafood place in the financial district. Excellent for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodphotodineVIPDined on 7/17/2013Food was excellent. Would recommend to all sea food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/9/2013Great Entree salads and fresh seafood. Love the Ahi tuna salad! Appreciate the setting and ability to have conversation. Great service as well.Special Features:
- Solid, but uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2013Chose this restaurant based on the rave reviews from fellow OpenTable diners. I was honestly a little disappointed. The food was decent. Nothing was over cooked or anything, but the flavors left something to be desired. I had the Porcini Scallops and, while the scallops themselves were good, the risotto they rested upon was a little tasteless. My dinner partner had a similar experience with his lobster bisque. So, like I said, solid food but uninspiring. Call me snobbish, but I really expect more from a restaurant that bases it's reputation on excellent seafood. Service was prompt and attentive and the restaurant was quiet, but I'm not sure I'll be returning.
- Fine Seafood Dining PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/8/2013I had the jalapeno panko crabcake for appetizer and the porcini dusted day boat scallops. The crabcake was quite good though I would have liked a little more jalapeno. The scallops dish was superb and I want to go back soon to have it again, though there are several other entrees that look wonderful and I want to try those too. My dinner companion had the lobster bisque and the stir-fried shimp and diver scallops which she thoroughly enjoyed. Conversation in the room was at a civilized level which enhances the experience. The only minor snafu was that they initially brought the wrong entree to my dinner companion but quickly corrected it. But even that looked great and I was tempted to keep it! I will be back.Special Features:
- Straight forward and reasonablyRiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 3/21/2013Straight forward and reasonably priced menu in convenient Wall Street location
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013The service and food were wonderful. What more can be said?Special Features:
- Dinner was a HIT!VeryVixenDined on 3/5/2013I had the seafood platter and am still dreaming about those oysters!! YUM! 3 people at my table had the filet mignon and one had the miso glazed salmon. We raved about everything placed on the table! And our servers Beatta and junior were absolutely amazing. I'm dining again there tonight!Special Features:
- Great for Business LunchnotafoodieperseVIPDined on 2/5/2013Great for a business lunch. Sit at bar and catch up on news; have an inexpensive lunch. Sit in dining room where tables are not too close, so business can be accomplished. Menu is not overwhelming. Across the board both food and service very good. Fair prices, not excessive.Special Features:
- my go to place for lunch inPennyVIPDined on 1/31/2013my go to place for lunch in the financial district- food is very good, service great; bar for after work drinks is pretty good tooSpecial Features:
- Nice selection of seafoodPatrickDined on 12/18/2012Nice selection of seafood dishes. Really enjoyed the service and meal. Definitely a do again for lunch, although it is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Best seafood in FiDi.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2012Always amayzing. Best seafood in the Financial District.Special Features:
- The Ketch is my favorite WallCatwithaCDined on 10/4/2012The Ketch is my favorite Wall Street area restaurant. The food is good and the service is wonderful. You can't go wrong when dining at the Ketch.Special Features:
- The shrimp lobster salad wasGraldaVIPDined on 9/11/2012The shrimp lobster salad was fantastic. Incredibly fresh, tasteful, ample portions. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great resto in an area full of themOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2012The Ketch is a great restaurant in a neighborhood crowded with great restaurants. First the decor is amazing, with miniature ships and water disaplays on the walls...the food is great and the lights are also very nice. The waiters are courteous and I loved the shrimp brioche sandwich. i will definitely be back there sooner than later.Special Features:
- You want fish they got fish and it'WormVIPDined on 8/20/2012Charming find in the financial. Fish is outstanding
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2012The food was very good. The service was excellent and it was vey quiet. However it was an early reservation and we were the only diners in the restaurant.
- The food and service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2012The food and service was great for our large group.Special Features:
- Did a side salad and appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2012Did a side salad and appetizer as my lunch. Right size portion instead of the entree portion salad or sandwichSpecial Features:
- The food was good... But theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012The food was good... But the presentation of it was sloppy. We got the crab and tuna duet for an app- yummy, the blackened mahi mahi and the macadeia crusted red snapper. It looked as if the food (the entrees) were just slopped on the plate. The service was lame. Not friendly or any personality from server- didn't even say how are you and was too busy on her cell phone to run our check. Good seafood but overall experience Could have been better.
- Staff was very friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2012Staff was very friendly and engaing. Food was fantastic. Drinks were very good as well. Atmosphere was relaxing.Special Features:
- Beautiful quiet room on aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Beautiful quiet room on a weekday for lunch. Service was reasonably attentive. The problem was the food, nothing wrong but nothing right. At these prices you expect seafood to be fresh and innovatively prepared with assertive flavors, principally the freshness of the sea itself. While the seafood wasn't old it lack the pristine sparkle and informed preparation that would let the ocean be the star of the show. The same could be said for two glasses of wine, a white and a rose: acceptable, drinkable, inoffensive, non-descript.