The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
1890 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032960023
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00am, Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
Bar: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm –12:00am, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm – 2:00am, Sunday 3:00pm – 12:00am
Happy Hour offered in our Bar and Patio Monday-Friday from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Offers a semi-private area for groups up to 15 people. Call for details for groups over 15 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3032960023
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (48)good for groups (28)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Met some friends for dinner. The food was good. The prices were within reason. Meaning the food was worth what I paid and not insanely priced just to keep the riff-raft out. My only complaint was the service. The server kept reaching over our food into our faces. There was plenty of room for him to remove the item without having to do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. The only thing I'd change is the quality of the furniture. We sat at a booth and my cushion had a large tear in it. I expect a place that costs $100 for two meals to have nicer accommodations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatah0527Dined on 10/16/2014I would definitely recommend this place! One of the best things about it is that it is NOT ala carte so it fits a budget much better than most steakhouses. You get a side and salad included with your meal instead of having to buy them separately which I appreciated! The service was great and the food delicious!Special Features:
- Always great foodJeeptrvlrDined on 10/14/2014I keep coming back time after time because of the great steaks. Always thought it was a strange name for a upper end steak restaurant, but great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not be my first choicedeejaDined on 10/1/2014Nice area of town but the food was just so-so. Nothing special and a bit plain. Order filet Mignon and expected better with a med well as the meat by nature if very tender. This wasn't. Probably would not go back.
- Great Place to bring FriendsSWR65Dined on 9/30/2014The Lodo Keg has always been a great place to go for a relaxing Dinner. The food has always been some of the best tasting in all of Denver. The staff is always very lively and most of all very friendly. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundATM12Dined on 9/27/2014The first time I went to the Keg I was impressed by the food the service was poor. But this time around was a complete turn around. service was great food was awesome ambience is wonderful I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and staff was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014I've never had a bad experience at the keg..the food was delicious, the atmosphere just right and Shannon, our waitress, was great and very attentive!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely delicious dinnerMagooDined on 9/25/2014All four of us had prime rib and were very pleased. In fact we thought it was exceptionally good. We had 2 different desserts one being creme brulee which was very good. The second was carrot cake which the waiter recommended and it certainly it not rate in the top ten of the ones we have been served in restaurants. Our waiter was okay but was not over attentive and had no personality which seems to make somewhat of a difference in the overall experience. Overall we did enjoy our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentcrabbyDined on 9/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner experience. Great apps, excellent beef and crab! We were disappointed that they ran out of prime rib.Special Features:
- sold on the menuhard2pleaseDined on 9/20/2014I was looking for the perfect restaurant for our late anniversary. This was the one restaurant that had steak, seafood and combinations on the menu that i was looking for. I needed no substitutions, no additions to the entrees. The "starter" menu had what both my wife and I enjoy. For a nice celebration dinner I felt the prices were reasonable based on the menu so I booked reservations online. Upon our arrival, the staff and waitress were very hospitable. We had a very lovely dinner. We ordered the brie, the prime rib and tiger shrimp, and the filet and crab legs. It was prepared very well. I would recommend this restaurant. I would eat there again. We had a very nice dinner for our anniversary. I chose The Keg over The Broker.Special Features:
- meat lovers dreamca415coVIPDined on 9/20/2014first visited the keg on the Canadian side of niagra falls thought it was an excellent value then as now the meat was exactly as I wanted it and everyone at our table was happy with the food and service would definitely return to the downtown Denver branch a hop skip and a jump from coors field so perfect for before or after a game they valet park for $8 which is good and you don't have to drive around looking for parkingSpecial Features:
- Good steak adjacent to Coors fieldrestoniteDined on 9/20/2014Went here after a Rockies game. The teriyaki steak was excellent. Convenient location.Special Features:
- Great SteakesJeffDined on 9/12/2014Excellent service. Steakes cooked just right as ordered. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Group SuccessTLAJDined on 9/6/2014The food and service were great. Steaks cooked as desired, seafood was excellent. The waitstaff was very helpful and timely with requests and even asked at the first order if we wanted to split checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKkerrDined on 9/6/2014Perfect date night for me and my wife. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedJackDined on 9/5/2014The salads and accompaniments are not as fancy as some other top-tier steakhouses, but the beef was excellent, and perfectly prepared--the main reason we chose The Keg for our first visit. The cocktails were also very good. Try the cucumber jalapeno margarita; you won't regret it. For the money, The Keg is a great value.Special Features:
- I have eaten at three of theseCliffDined on 9/5/2014I have eaten at three of these now including Canada and they were all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazeballs!!!!!!!GoTmeetsHPDined on 9/3/2014Great place to eat. Food was fantastic and service was superb and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good drinks!baanclousingDined on 8/31/2014We have dined here several times, and their steaks are great. We enjoy their sides and appetizers as well. Had the calamari this time and it was great - not too thick on the batter. We had to eat quickly to make it in time for a concert, and our service was very fast and friendly.Special Features:
- A steak house classicDenverREDined on 8/29/2014This was our fourth visit to the Keg. The food is consistently excellent . We always leave saying we need to come here more often. If you a looking for a great steak in a clubby atmosphere it is perfec.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I've been to the keg multiple times and the last time will be the last. Generally the service and food are great. This time our server was not confident, didn't remember bread or drinks which left our group not eating or drinking in sync. We did however notice all the servers having fun chatting at the bar. The food took a long time to come and when it did the plates were hot but the food was cold. The chicken was dry and the sauce was more like a thick gel. I think our food sat in the window too long. Everything just went down hill and there are way too many other places to try over having another lack luster dinner at The Keg. We won't be going back for seconds.
- My PlaceKegLoveDined on 8/29/2014This is one of my favorites places. While waiting for the rest of our party we were in the bar. I did notice that many of the chairs that are cloth are getting worn and that there was tiles cracked or had holes in it on the floor. You want to make sure that the maintenance is kept up and things replaced as they become worn. This was during restaurant week which I am guessing you had many customers so if I noticed I am sure others did as well. The food and service was outstanding. The young man in the bar that took care of us was outstanding I apologize I don't have his name but we were there Friday night August 29th around 1730 to 1915 in the bar area.lSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints5280SnobDined on 8/28/2014There are several of us that look forward every year to dine at the keg! Food is always on top! I've recommended this place to several friends as a must go too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent prime ribFood2die4Dined on 8/27/2014The atmosphere is intimate with low lighting. The service is good- I think we may have had an inexperienced waitress but she was nice. The prime rib was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for Restaurant WeekDDnDSDined on 8/27/2014We only chose one restaurant this year because Restaurant Week has been a bit disappointing in the past couple of years as it seems menus reflect dishes that would've cost $30 anyway. This was NOT the case at the Keg! Everyone was extremely friendly and the food was uh-maze-ing!! So glad we went!Special Features:
- Food wasn't as good as expectedOGsunshineDined on 8/24/2014The Keg came highly recommended by a friend. Unfortunately, food wasn't all that great in our opinion. We ordered prime rib (was very tough on one end, and ok on the other end of the cut) and a steak ( it was just average). Expected much better for the price. However, our server Angela, was wonderful! Wont be back :-(Special Features:
- Keg deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014We've eaten here a half dozen time and it's always been an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday - done somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This was our second time for a Birthday at the Keg and the service and food was good as before. Except last time you had a special no charge dessert for the Birthday girl. This time nothing was offeredSpecial Features:
- Great steak!8in303Dined on 8/23/2014My friends and I just went to the Downtown Denver location for Restaurant week and we had a really great time! Great food, great drinks, great service (thanks Peter! ) and we enjoyed having great company! I would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okstormyDined on 8/23/2014We drove down for restaurant week on a friends recommendation. The prime rib was alright. Our local Jim and Nicks is a bit better as is Parkway Grill. One of their specialty drinks was to have muddled kiwi and it very much did not. Overall its an okay steak place. Service was good and we liked the booth set up. Likely good place after a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDined on 8/23/2014The food is consistently great. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potential but failed.joydetDined on 8/17/2014Here's the thing...we were of two tables dining at the Keg and they still managed to get an order wrong and overcharge us. Took over 30 minutes to get drink orders. Big bummer of a night.
- Not quite up to par this timediscrimin8indinerDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy The Keg Steakhouse and tend to come for special occasions. Our experience this time was a little uneven. the staff is always attentive, and this was no exception. However, we had to wait quite awhile for the meal, and appreciate that the kitchen manager came to apologize. Most of the food was delicious, but some not quite cooked as we requested. The restaurant did buy our bottle of wine for us, so that helped! Overall, we love this restaurant and understand that some nights just don't go as well as others.Special Features:
- A little let downOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary, no children. Our server was very nice, but told us how busy he was and he had a big party. The entire time of our visit he seemed to be pretty swamped. The prime rib was absolutely amazing, the lobster on the other hand that was recommended it was a little bit of a letdown. I would say there was about 2 ounces of meat on the whole thing, which for the price was a little disappointing. My husbands mashed potatoes that I got a bite of were delicious, the twice baked potatoes were fairly dried it out. The beer list was not very thorough, but once my husband walked up to the bar to see what was on top he was able to find a better selection. Good prime rib, overall "ok" experience.
- Excellent as alwaysEzum9Dined on 8/10/2014Had 10 people in for my 40th birthday and had an awesome meal and time as usual. The Keg is my go to spot when I get to pick the place. I love the service, the setting, the menu, everything. Thanks for making my dinner experience with my friends a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!ReedVIPDined on 8/9/2014We used my birthday coupon and got the sirloin and half lobster special they are running now. It was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGonzoCDined on 8/8/2014We always love coming here for dinner. Food is good and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!DuaneDined on 8/8/2014The keg never fails to serve the best steaks in town. Hands down, delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ICU812Dined on 8/2/2014I guess I'm to old to appreciate the saturated flavor of hickory smoked bacon in my fillet. It was a nice looking piece of meat. It just wasn't to my liking.Special Features: