The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
1890 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032960023
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00am, Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
Bar: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm –12:00am, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm – 2:00am, Sunday 3:00pm – 12:00am
Happy Hour offered in our Bar and Patio Monday-Friday from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Offers a semi-private area for groups up to 15 people. Call for details for groups over 15 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3032960023
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (49)good for groups (28)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A steak house classicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014This was our fourth visit to the Keg. The food is consistently excellent . We always leave saying we need to come here more often. If you a looking for a great steak in a clubby atmosphere it is perfec.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I've been to the keg multiple times and the last time will be the last. Generally the service and food are great. This time our server was not confident, didn't remember bread or drinks which left our group not eating or drinking in sync. We did however notice all the servers having fun chatting at the bar. The food took a long time to come and when it did the plates were hot but the food was cold. The chicken was dry and the sauce was more like a thick gel. I think our food sat in the window too long. Everything just went down hill and there are way too many other places to try over having another lack luster dinner at The Keg. We won't be going back for seconds.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014There are several of us that look forward every year to dine at the keg! Food is always on top! I've recommended this place to several friends as a must go too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The atmosphere is intimate with low lighting. The service is good- I think we may have had an inexperienced waitress but she was nice. The prime rib was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014We only chose one restaurant this year because Restaurant Week has been a bit disappointing in the past couple of years as it seems menus reflect dishes that would've cost $30 anyway. This was NOT the case at the Keg! Everyone was extremely friendly and the food was uh-maze-ing!! So glad we went!Special Features:
- Food wasn't as good as expectedOGsunshineDined on 8/24/2014The Keg came highly recommended by a friend. Unfortunately, food wasn't all that great in our opinion. We ordered prime rib (was very tough on one end, and ok on the other end of the cut) and a steak ( it was just average). Expected much better for the price. However, our server Angela, was wonderful! Wont be back :-(Special Features:
- Keg deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014We've eaten here a half dozen time and it's always been an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday - done somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This was our second time for a Birthday at the Keg and the service and food was good as before. Except last time you had a special no charge dessert for the Birthday girl. This time nothing was offeredSpecial Features:
- Great steak!8in303Dined on 8/23/2014My friends and I just went to the Downtown Denver location for Restaurant week and we had a really great time! Great food, great drinks, great service (thanks Peter! ) and we enjoyed having great company! I would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okstormyDined on 8/23/2014We drove down for restaurant week on a friends recommendation. The prime rib was alright. Our local Jim and Nicks is a bit better as is Parkway Grill. One of their specialty drinks was to have muddled kiwi and it very much did not. Overall its an okay steak place. Service was good and we liked the booth set up. Likely good place after a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDined on 8/23/2014The food is consistently great. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potential but failed.joydetDined on 8/17/2014Here's the thing...we were of two tables dining at the Keg and they still managed to get an order wrong and overcharge us. Took over 30 minutes to get drink orders. Big bummer of a night.
- Not quite up to par this timediscrimin8indinerDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy The Keg Steakhouse and tend to come for special occasions. Our experience this time was a little uneven. the staff is always attentive, and this was no exception. However, we had to wait quite awhile for the meal, and appreciate that the kitchen manager came to apologize. Most of the food was delicious, but some not quite cooked as we requested. The restaurant did buy our bottle of wine for us, so that helped! Overall, we love this restaurant and understand that some nights just don't go as well as others.Special Features:
- A little let downOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary, no children. Our server was very nice, but told us how busy he was and he had a big party. The entire time of our visit he seemed to be pretty swamped. The prime rib was absolutely amazing, the lobster on the other hand that was recommended it was a little bit of a letdown. I would say there was about 2 ounces of meat on the whole thing, which for the price was a little disappointing. My husbands mashed potatoes that I got a bite of were delicious, the twice baked potatoes were fairly dried it out. The beer list was not very thorough, but once my husband walked up to the bar to see what was on top he was able to find a better selection. Good prime rib, overall "ok" experience.
- Excellent as alwaysEzum9Dined on 8/10/2014Had 10 people in for my 40th birthday and had an awesome meal and time as usual. The Keg is my go to spot when I get to pick the place. I love the service, the setting, the menu, everything. Thanks for making my dinner experience with my friends a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!ReedVIPDined on 8/9/2014We used my birthday coupon and got the sirloin and half lobster special they are running now. It was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGonzoCDined on 8/8/2014We always love coming here for dinner. Food is good and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!DuaneDined on 8/8/2014The keg never fails to serve the best steaks in town. Hands down, delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ICU812Dined on 8/2/2014I guess I'm to old to appreciate the saturated flavor of hickory smoked bacon in my fillet. It was a nice looking piece of meat. It just wasn't to my liking.Special Features:
- Awesomejeni1234Dined on 8/2/2014Their food is AMAZING!!! The service was the best ever! We had a little problem with one of our steaks and it was immediately taken care of by our server and managment. Will definitely be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why is the Keg so Great...SWR65Dined on 7/27/2014I go to the Keg Restaurant 3 times a year. There are 3 of us in our Birthday Club and this is our 10 year anniversary going to dinner for each others birthdays. We have always had a wonderful experience at the Keg. This past weekend I made the reservations and didn't realize how easy they have made them to make On-Line. In the past I have always called, but now going forward I am definitely doing it that way. . As always, the appetizers, the dinner, and the service were wonderful. Cocktails are always good too. I thought it was especially nice that after we received our first round of drinks, the Bar Manager even stopped by our table to make sure that they were satisfactory as well. . Great Place and Great Time. Thank's again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014We dined here for my boyfriend's birthday. It is a good steakhouse but nothing out of the ordinary. They advertise that their prime rib is their specialty. It was good, but I've had better. The steak was very good. Everything met expectations except the Manhattan. I would not recommend ordering this if you are a Manhattan connoisseur. It was served over crushed ice, which I found appalling, and watered down the drink quickly. The menu advertised that there should be a "house-made drunken Bing cherry" in the drink, but it was a straight up maraschino cherry - disappointing to say the least. I almost sent the drink back. Overall the experience was fine, but for the price I would expect a more special experience.Special Features:
- Very average high end steakhouseDeltaMarkDined on 7/25/2014The steaks are good, but not quite on the level with other high end steakhouses. It is very reasonably priced compared to others. Every steak includes veggies and another side. Some include a salad also. Not a bad meal or experience, just not in the top level.
- Great Place to eatThemomrocks1026Dined on 7/19/2014As usual The Keg delivered great service and even better food. You have to try their Orange Slice Martini it is delicious !!!! Great for an evening out or the go to place when family comes to visit. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLoveeatingoutDined on 7/6/2014We have been to the Denver Keg several times over the last 6 or 7 years. Until this last time, the food has always been excellent. The guys always love the steaks!This time the steaks were not very good quality. I had the salmon which I usually get and it was very dry & the glaze was not on it. The restaurant was pretty empty which was probably a sign of not such great food anymore. We were all disappointed as the Keg had been one of our favorite places to eat when visiting our kids in Denver.Special Features:
- The Keg / LoDo2phillykiddsDined on 7/4/2014Love this place. Good eating. Short walk to the ballpark. Excellent service, menu, and Prime Rib.Special Features:
- amazing foodColoradoCouple2012Dined on 7/2/2014The food is amazing. Dining for two with a few drinks cost us $130... drinks are way over priced. Salad was over priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioussteak4meDined on 6/29/2014Service was great our waitress did a very nice job of making recommendations. Food was prepared the way we requested and was delicious.Special Features:
- Denver Dinner @ The KegOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2014Excellent service! Food was perfectly prepared and courses were delivered timely. Quality was top notch. Nothing more to say then A+++ across the board!Special Features:
- great food, great serviceJuanitaDined on 6/20/2014The food was delicious! Perfectly cooked! We like our food spicy, so we asked our waiter if they had any grilled jalapeños and they did! Boy was it hot! our waiter was very attentive! Overall, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver's Best BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent find for the meat lovers. Variety of the offered selections, with range of sizes. The aged beef (prime rib and filet) were cured, cooked and cut to perfection. The entrees were seasons appropriately, cuts has the appropriate marbling for the cut. Well trained and helpful staff (had excellent suggestions for wine pairings, that were spot on!). Portions were spot on. The request to address that one in our party has a hearing issue, noted on the advance reservation. was considered, and we were seating in a very quiet corner (Thank you).Special Features:
- Time well spentGetseriousDined on 6/18/2014My favorite steak house in Denver for great food, preparation and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOutoftowneatersDined on 6/17/2014Best steak I've had in many years. Food and service was amazing everyone was polite and well knowledge on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SteaksGeeGeeDined on 6/15/2014We went here for Father's Day and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The steaks were all cooked to everyone's preference. The vegetables that came with my dinner were delicious. The kids' menu was good and the kids received a fruit plate while we had our salad. The portions were just right. Service was good, but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and valueGeorgeVIPDined on 6/15/2014I dine here 2-3 times per month - very consistent food and service , absolutely the best Steak and Wine "Values" in LODO. Almost an upscale neighborhood bar.... 95% of what you get from the National Steak chains (Mortons, Sullivans, Capital Grill, etc) at 60% of the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014The service we received from our waiter, Duston, and the manager on duty, was outstanding. I will recommend The Keg to all my friends and family due mainly to these individuals, although the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Best Meal I've Had In DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Went to The Keg for my birthday last weekend. It was hands down the best meal I've had in Denver thus far. I had the bacon wrapped filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes-amazing. Great service too!Special Features:
- We love The Keg!marriedandstilldatingDined on 6/7/2014The Keg in downtown Denver has been a family favorite for many many years. We typically have dinner there several times a year with one of our most favorite occasions being Christmas Eve. We raised two beautiful daughters in the Denver area and both are grown and married, neither live in Denver or even Colorado. Our oldest daughter was in town for a visit and, of course, we had to take her and our four-year old grandson to The Keg. Thank you for the excellent service (Robert), tasty food and fair prices!Special Features:
- so-soCritarkusDined on 6/1/2014nice atmosphere, friendly staff, average food - good for a late night snack and quiet drink.
- Great Times at the Keg DenverSJT14Dined on 6/1/2014This was a great time and amazing company. I would strongly agree The Keg (Denver) to my friends and family. Everyone that we encountered from the host to the waiter were extremely friendly and helpful. The manager even stopped by our table to check on us and make sure that everything was just perfect for our dinner. They have a great menu and again our waiter did an amazing job explaining all of our options for dinner selections. He also accomdadated with some special options so we would not be so stuffed when the main meal came. I would say we spent 3 hours at the restaurant and never at one time felt rushed in any way. All and All I would rate this resturant as a "Must" for anyone looking for nice night out in Downtown Denver.Special Features: