The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Yaletown
1011 Mainland St
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P9Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Yaletown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6046332534
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, Sunday: 4:00pm - Midnight; Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: James Wynne 6046332534
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Yaletown
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Yaletown - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Yaletown reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)special occasion (37)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (16)late-night find (10)notable wine list (10)scenic view (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great except for initial greeting.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Hostess asked if we had a reservation and I replied I did and gave her my name. She then said "go sit on the bench and wait." Sounded like an order to a misbehaved child and very cold. Not impressed! After that everything went well. Good server, good seating and good food. Just need to work on welcoming people when they walk in the doorI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family get togetherBDarlingDined on 10/13/2014We had great service and enjoyed our evening together at this location.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food was great and served on expected time, our waiter was gentle and tried to give us best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice settingsatisfiedDined on 10/8/2014The waiter did a perfect job and we got a nice surprise a birthday cake for my son. Thanks GrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great viewKellCityDined on 10/4/2014Went for an early dinner at the Yaletown Keg. The patio was fantastic, and I thoroughly enjoyed my steak classic dinner. Never disappointed with the Keg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never less than greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The keg never fails on a great time and food. Love the atmosphere and fabulous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsLuvz2eatDined on 9/26/2014Had the Neptune Mushrooms, crab cakes and escargo to start followed with wine and prime rib. Food was delicious and service was very good. Been here many times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it ...portersDined on 9/13/2014I am a huge Keg fan ... love this location as you can make a reservation and enjoy the great food and atmosphere without the crazy lineups like other locations. Thank you for the yummy steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was way better than foodlovemyfood2Dined on 9/13/2014Service was great, food was bad. Appies were good, prime rib with lobster topper bad. Way too much salt in topper and meat was cold and too rare as per ordered, bits of unchewable fat as well. Staff was good, we paid for our bevies and insisted on paying for appies, which they wouldn't let us, all food stuff was taken off bill. Other tables nearby were sending back food as well. We've eaten here before and it has been an excellent experience. Probably will return and try again in the future.
- Lower your expectationsExperientialfoodieDined on 8/29/2014If you don't expect too much, you might be pleasantly surprised. We 'forgot' the part that this is just part of a restaurant chain... Great standardized service though!
- Excellent dining for date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service and food was great! Our waiter, miko (I believe that was his name) was very kind and great! Definitely would recommend and come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof top patioCCDineVIPDined on 8/29/2014We go back here fir their great patio on the top floor. Vibrant, comfortable and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor service!RobEssDined on 8/27/2014We were there with a group of 8. We've frequented this Keg quite often and have been finding service to be spotty at best, this evening especially. While our server was personable we couldn't ever locate him. He'd make an appearance then disappear. We had to flag him down to order another round of drinks for Pete's sake. "I will be back to refill your waters"....never happened. 3 of our 8 orders were screwed up which resulted in 5 of us having finished our meals when the other 3 orders arrived. Appreciated the manager comping the 3 meals, a very nice gesture, but we really would have preferred just enjoying our meals at the same time. It was a birthday celebration. All 8 of us live in the area but we won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- excellent overallbruceDined on 8/25/2014visited on August 25th. spacious, upscale restaurant on 3 levels, has outdoor seating but we did not want ot wait. Service was excellent with attentive staff. My wife ordered a modification of the lobster options and they accommodated her, and it was prepared perfectly for her. My prime rib was excellent.Special Features:
- Tolles RestaurantNZ29GermanyDined on 8/24/2014Wir waren am 24. August 2014 zum Essen da. Ganz tolles Ambiente , super freundlicher Service . Preis/Leistungsverhälniss angemessen. Besonders zu empfehlen ist er Lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster DisasterSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/24/2014We ordered three of the 2 lb. lobsters ($45 each) and none of them was good. They were hard and lacked good taste. (Even the baked potato that came with was dried out.) The lobster in the lobster-chicken combo was also lacking. Having had lobster at your locations on Granville Island and at West Van formerly over the years, being served such inferior food was a great disappointment.
- Consistent BrandbossyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great sangria. Food was good, what you've come to expect from The KegSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steaksJohnDined on 8/13/2014Visited to meet up with friends. Although the noise level was high in the restaurant we were able to chat and catch up with no problem. The choice of food and drink was excellent and the steaks were some of the best we have had.Special Features:
- not good for groupsJasonLDined on 8/10/2014Its the keg....the food is good but found they were not very accommodating to a group of 12. They didnt seem to want our business and did not the 18% tip
- Service & Ambiance -ApplesandbananasVIPDined on 8/9/2014The rooftop is a beautiful place to enjoy drinks and dinner at this Keg Yaletown location. It's like a little secret special location. The food is delicious and has options for all dietary needs.Special Features:
- LoveBellaDined on 8/7/2014I went here for my birthday diner and loved it! The food was amazing and our the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for carnivores !VancouvermmmDined on 8/6/2014The keg did a really nice job of birthday dinner out , on an awesome patio in yaletown . The two steak eaters at the table loved their meals, the keg sent a birthday treat, the service was lovely ! Only as a footnote ( this IS a steakhouse ! ) the options for vegetarian are mighty slim pickings . Overall a nice evening out , thank you Keg Yaletown !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was the kegOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014what more should be said...nothing really spectacular...Special Features:
- Decent mealTamzDined on 8/1/2014good service, steak was overdone somewhat and side accompaniments lacking flavourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, service challenginOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Overall, our experience was good but challenging. The service seemed off, not for a lack of effort though. Our server was very accommodating but seemed as though he was a bit preoccupied with other tables. We were a group of 8 so we new that it would be a bit slower, as larger groups tend to be. The food was prompt for all but one of our group who somehow seemed to have been forgotten for both the starter and entree. Not the best experience for a first time at the restaurant for all of us. The drinks were great which helped to keep the mode light but it did not leave us with the feeling that we want to return to quickly.Special Features:
- great food at a not bad price!!luv2dineoutDined on 7/21/2014Its lobster summer and it's a great place to have quality lobster!! The service is great!! I Recommend eating on the roof top patio during the summer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lounge Patio!RickDined on 7/17/2014Lobster feature this month.. lots of yummy goodies-if you like surf&turf.. then this is the time to go! Our server was great.. and the outside patio upstairs was vibrant and busy. But Alas, my steak was such a tough piece of meat...had to rip out lots of muscle fibre-almost like doing surgery on mine BUT my friends' steak supposedly same cut, came out tender and no surgery required.. I'm thinking not the same. Otherwise a great meal.. enjoy the weather!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceHbombmomDined on 7/12/2014Went to The Keg for our anniversary dinner while on Vacation in Vacouver. The food was AMAZING! My husband and I consider ourselves foodies and evereything we ate was remarkable. Service was excellent and they even did something a little special for us since it was our anniversary. Wish we had one near us back home.Special Features:
- Good Service, Food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014This is the first time my girlfriend and I have been to any Keg Steakhouse location and were disappointed with our meals. The service was great...from the hostess to the waiter. We had no problems with our Mojitos or Brie appetizers. The issue, unfortunately was with our steaks. Unfortunately, our medium steaks were not medium at all but borderline over-well done. Based on the fact that we were starving, we noticed this after a few bites and realised that there was hardly, if any, pink in it. This is definitely something that I hope is noticed by the management-the communication between the kitchen and the service staff. Our waiter, Connor, was great-good sense of humour and efficient. Can't fault him for an error in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Meh.machoneDined on 7/8/2014Wait staff was great - very accommodating despite the group I brought, many of whom proceeded to drink a bit too much and get loud and make inappropriate jokes. However, food was definitely not up to par. The $30+ steaks didn't taste great. I had a a teriyaki 8oz and my girlfriend had a NY peppercorn (the most expensive I think). Both tasted to me like the marinate was overdone to cover the bland steak and/or cooking. My dish was barren. It had this small steak with some mashed potatoes and some half-cooked beans that seemed like they were thrown in as an after-thought. I felt totally ripped off. The bill was $280 at the end of the night and in my opinion the only thing that was on-par were the drinks, and our server. I won't return.
- Great service, great food!VChanDined on 7/7/2014Came here with my girlfriend and her parents for her birthday. Hostess asked why we were eating there, and we said it's my girlfriend's birthday. That message was then passed on to our server, who made a special order to give our table a free piece of cake with a candle at the end of our meal; a sign of great service and attention to customer details! It was the lobster summer special, so my girlfriend and her mother got lobster and steak meals, while myself and her father got the 8oz and 10oz sirloin. Our steaks were cooked perfectly based on our request, and was paired well with the sides (great attention to food quality!). Can't beat this kind of service at this price!Special Features:
- great foodtataDined on 7/6/2014love the foods, we order the Sirloin/shrimp, the steak was very juicy,love the spinach salad as well as the scallops/Bacon.we have the Billy Miner pie, love it very much and the carrot cake was so moist. our server Miss Collette was fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!ChuchugigiDined on 6/28/2014Our family of four all ordered some type of steak and none of us were disappointed. Servings were generous. Restaurant got VERY busy quickly (around 6:00), so we were thankful that we had a reservation. Will definitely return to this Keg location. We've been to a few other Kegs in Alberta and BC, but this one seemed superior to the others with regards to ambience, food quality, and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold foodgetawayDined on 6/27/2014food was cold, waiter and Manager explained rice was suppose to be cold however so was halibut, my dish lobster tail was cold, steak over done. out of my fav wine. appies were cold and bacon scallop the bacon was raw. not a great experience considering we chose this spot.
- The following 251 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Yaletown reviews archive.
- Business dinnerMyselfDined on 6/21/2014It was our first time having a business dinner at the Kegs, it was okay, wasn't too loud so we could actually have conversation and hear everyone at the table. The food was good, but our server was so-so, after paying our bill we've never seen her back to the table we wanted some water/coffee/tea but she never came back so after waiting more then 15mins we left. Not sure if we will do it again though.Special Features:
- What happened Keg?OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014The Keg used to be a place you could go for a great dinner. The food is over priced and small portions. We were seated in the worst seats possible. Somehow we could smell cigarette smoke yet we were away from the kitchen. I have had better food for a quarter the price.
- RollieDined on 6/19/2014Great facility and ambiance. Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent food.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnersunsetdingdongDined on 6/15/2014Food was good as usual. Not busy at all suprisely, as I know where to bring my dad for father's day next time. The only thing that was bad was one of the ceiling lights were out and my dad found it very hard to read in the dark. We did mention it to the hostess and she mentioned to send an email to the manager to let him/her know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Keg qualityTypicalKameiDined on 6/15/2014When you go to the Keg there are certain expectations...good steak, warm bread, consistent quality and a standard level of service. That is exactly what you get at the yaletown location, everything you would except from the Keg and no less. With the yaletown location you also have the added bonus of choosing to sit on the rooftop patio that has a fireplace and heating lamps for those colder summer nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main course was served too earlyluv2dineDined on 6/15/2014Yesterday was the 2nd time we dined at The Keg Yaletown. Overall it was okay, but not as great as the first time we were there. Because the 2 main course were served, while we were still not done with the appetizer (more than half yet to eat), so we had to send them back to the kitchen. The server explained to us that the main course were cooked and served in a fixed time interval, and we worked on the appetizer for too long. In any case, when the main course were brought to us later, one steak became medium (from medium rare that was ordered), and the other one became well done (from medium well), probably due to re-heating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.