The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside
1 Riverside Dr West
Windsor, ON N9A 0A3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5192541646
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 12:00 am, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 1:00 am, Sunday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms. One will seat up to 16 people with the other seating up to 30 people.
A word from The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside
Quality, comfort and value are three key ingredients that make The Keg Steakhouse & Bar experience like no other. Our menu features tender, juicy steaks, slow roasted prime rib, succulent shellfish, the freshest of salads, irresistible desserts… and of course, an outstanding wine list. When it… comes to steak, The Keg serves only the finest cuts. They are aged for tenderness. Then, a very special blend of seasonings is added to lend unique flavor while still allowing the natural properties of the high quality, well aged beef to be enjoyed to its fullest. This ensures that a tender, succulent, flavorful steak is guaranteed off the grill every time. Our inviting culture will always welcome you with a smile. Our staff is outgoing, knowledgeable and friendly, with a genuine desire to please. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar provides an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy, relax and be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Windsor ›
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (26)scenic view (23)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014In all the times we have eaten at the Keg we have always had an excellent meal, service, drinks, and a wonderful time. I have always recommended the Keg when asked where to eat when they want an excellent meal, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mighttryitagain2015Dined on 10/11/2014Dinner was great, food was great. The maître d who greeted us could have been more pleasant. We arrived about 10 - 15 minutes before our reservation time and he strongly said to us "You are early and will have to wait for your table". Just the way it was conveyed to us could have been a lot more pleasant. The girls that were out front were very friendly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made us feel specialmissy59Dined on 10/4/2014We got a nice booth immediately, even though it was busy. I mentioned that it was our anniversary, and was promised a free dessert. Everything about our meal was delicious, I tried a new item from the fall specials, and my husband had his usual prime rib, which he has enjoyed before. The waiter was helpful and attentive. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic and we had a very relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion EveningNotsodevineDined on 9/27/2014We have come to this Keg location many times over the years. We unfortunately we're all disappointed with our meals. My prime rib was overlooked and dry and the others who ordered the filet mignon was also dry and lacked the tender and juiciness from previous years. Not sure what happened but, was disappointed.Special Features:
- The Keg never disappointsmagyrn66Dined on 9/26/2014Awesome meal. Great staff. Perfect location not far from casino. Free downtown parking a definate bonus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Windsor Riverside SpotIatethatDined on 9/24/2014Great Windsor Riverside spot & steakhouse. Close to the casino and Oullette St scene too. LOve the steak and service, reasonable (not cheap) prices too. As a Yank who grew up next to Canada, I love to eat here when I come back to Southeastern MI to work. I usually make my co-workers or guest bring their passports and I take them with me. it's a great dining experience with a view that turns into a little adventure for them. It's easy to get a cab or Uber driver that carries their passport and can take you back and forth across the border.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Show Dinner Spot!GoodTimesDined on 8/22/2014I looked up restaurants near the Caesar's Windsor casino to have dinner at, which was close to the casino too. I found The Keg online and checked it out. It really seemed like a good spot to go before a show at the casino, with a good menu, but it was a great spot to go with a great menu! The food was superb, but honestly, the service I received, friendly, attentive and right-away-when-ready, was just excellent! The next time I'm in Windsor, I will make a point to come back to The Keg just because of both the service and the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Keg - Excellent in Windsor!lovegoodfoodDined on 8/17/2014Our latest dining experience at the Keg (Windsor's Riverside location) was outstanding! We enjoyed celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary in a romantic setting. The steak and lobster were cooked to perfection and the wine was delicious. Our server was very friendly and efficient. We were surprised with the complimentary anniversary dessert. What a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great experience as always. Sat outside on the patio. It was wife's birthday. She had French onion soup which was fantastic. I had shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad...both always great. Her basebal sirloin was cooked perfectly as was my Chicago-style striploin. We had a great meal with perfect ambience.Special Features:
- Pretty good over-allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Every-thing served was good, but I go there for the prime rib supper, and have this one complaint to have you follow up on. The prime rib was done as requested, medium rare, but there was a tremendous amount of unnecessary fat and trimming To me this should be looked at very carefully and spend a little time trimming each meal so that it will look good as well as better value for the beef lover as I am. From here on I will be looking very carefully to see if anything would be changed as to improve this fine piece of meat. JoeSpecial Features:
- Great food great dining experienceEuropeDined on 8/9/2014Are you tiered of the junk food try something better. The keg delivers great food great service . This is what do ing is about enjoy your meal in a great ambiance with progressional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedRobjericoDined on 8/3/2014Steak was not that good, way better places I'm windsor for the money. I honestly would not go back, nice place just for a drink.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Very nice restaurant on the river with a beautiful view. Food was great, prices in line with quality and server (morgan) had the perfect ability and personality to make the evening great. Came back after concert for desert on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and service! The appetizers and main dishes were delicious.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Gift!FoodieFrannieDined on 7/26/2014We had a great experience with your restaurant. The food was amazing and service was wonderful. Fawn was very confident in her recommendation which made us very excited! Thank you for helping me give the best birthday memories to my boyfriend.Special Features:
- Great place for pre concert dinnerTorontoLDDined on 7/25/2014We had a reservation via Open Table and walked right in at our stated time. The staff was pleasant and all were very attentive. The food was very good and consistent as always. We had asked our server to make this a relaxed dinner as we had plenty of time prior to catching the concert. He did oblige and the pace was very good. I would like to give a shout to our server Mike as he did an excellent job and the first time someone was so appreciative of a tip that he actually shook my hand. Great job Mike and The Keg as usual!!! Next time we are in the area we will be sure to have another dinner at the Keg.Special Features:
- Delicious dining experienceradialwavesDined on 7/21/2014Yesterday evening, my wife and I had a late meal at the downtown Keg. It was our first Keg experience. The dim-lighting contributed to a very low key and relaxed setting. The food was made to our specifications and it was as tasty as we expected. The best part, however, was the excellent service provided by Tina; her positive and bubbly personality added a very fun (yet professional) element to our dinner. I will most certainly return to the Keg in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service a little slowJessicaAnn0216Dined on 7/21/2014The food was great as always. My husband and I always go too this location for any special occasion. The service wasn't bad, our waitress was very friendly, the service was just a little slow. We may try the other location next time just too compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!WomanOfSteeleDined on 7/21/2014Wanted a special restaurant to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. We are from Michigan and while walking through downtown Windsor discovered The Keg. We enjoyed our dining experience and would make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations!FirstTimeInWindsorDined on 7/20/2014We dined here on a Sunday evening to celebrate our anniversary. The location was ideal- very close to our hotel and across the street from the river. The restaurant itself had a nice ambiance. When we arrived, our booth was ready as requested and we were greeted with a 'Happy Annuversay' wish from staff. The food was amazing from start to finish as well as our complimentary anniversary dessert! Will definitely go back again on our next trip to Windsor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for the kegunhappykeggerDined on 7/19/2014Usually I enjoy this restaurant but this evening everything was off, slow service, reservation was more than 1/2hr late, meal wasn't as tasty as I remember it usually is. My friends dinner was not acceptable. Sent it back twice. Not a good evening!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL ROUNDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014THIS PAST SATURDAY NIGHT WE I TOOK MY WIFE FOR HER BIRTHDAY AND WE ENJOYED OUR DINNER ON THE PATIO FACING THE DETROIT SKY LINE. OUR MEALS WERE EXCELLENT AND SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent repast!yes2wineanddineDined on 7/18/2014The service was top notch and timely even though it was quite busy. The presentation of, as well as the meal itself, was excellent. All of our needs and requirements were met and exceeded! A great choice before an event or at any time, really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Very loud music was playing. Couples don't want loud music when having a romantic meal.Special Features:
- lilandalDined on 7/5/2014good food - need to switch up menu for healthier optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sever (Courtney)SweetcheeksDined on 7/1/2014We had an amazing server this trip to the keg. Her name was Courtney. Very lovely and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMoyneursDined on 6/29/2014Our waiter Mike was a delight and the food was amazing !!Special Features:
- The following 164 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside reviews archive.
- JohnDined on 6/21/2014Our experience was bad. bad service, had to ask for drinks to be refilled, food was not cook as we asked. Defiantly a bad experience.
- bdaypiccDined on 6/21/2014Husband and I came for birthday dinner and was a wonderful experience and setting. All recommendations from our server was great and no regrets with food and drinks. Thank you and look forward to returning and recommending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good job!kegsizeDined on 6/19/2014Taylor was our server and she was fantastic. She was very nice and helpful. We had a great time celebrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good steaks!NfdaughterDined on 6/15/2014It may be a chain, but the Keg simply has really good steaks! I am always looking for a great place to go for steak, and I should stop looking and just always go to The Keg. The bar at Riverside is also great, vibrant and fun. The service in the restaurant isn't up to the standard of the meat, and not all tables have the same ambiance, especially if you have a bigger party. But always worth it for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEbachelorpartyDined on 6/14/2014I coordinated dinner here for a Bachelor party. We were given the private room with a tv and it was perfect! Our Server, her name escapes me, was AMAZING!! She even handled someone from our group who had drank to much with grace, elegance and humor. We appreciated it and our tip reflected it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014There is always a fun atmosphere. Good and drinks are excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Great food and great service. Very prompt with reservation.Special Features:
- oldkegstersoldkegstersDined on 6/9/2014We came for dinner before going on to Caesars to see a Santana concert. We were a little apprehensive about time constraints but never really had to be worried at all. We got our table right away and our server was excellent, courteous and quick and the food was as always just the best! We sat bar side and had a nice view and it wasn't noisy at all just pleasant. We didn't feel rushed and were able to complete our meal in a timely fashion and get to the concert on time! As always, wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSMargolinVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was fantastic. We had the blue cheese filet and it was outstanding. The salads and the sides were also exceptional. Very helpful waitstaff.Special Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Have been to this Keg multiple times and it is one of our favourites, however we were disappointed on a recent Saturday night as our experience felt rushed, like our server couldn't wait to get us out the door and seat the next table. Our server was inattentive and we sat with empty drink glasses and weren't even asked if we wanted another. She even came to pick up the cheque before we even had the chance to get our wallet out. It was a Saturday night and quite busy, however we were in and out the door at Mach speed, which made it feel almost like a fast food experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Night!Kots1010Dined on 5/30/2014The Keg definitely went above and beyond all of my expectations. The steak was one of the best I have ever had. The staff and waiters were friendly and always willing to help with whatever we needed.Special Features:
- FantasticDined on 5/23/2014We had a Wonderful Time last Friday night at the Keg! The service was outstanding, the waitress was so very friendly and helpful....she was Great! There wasn't a question that she couldn't answer about anything on the menu. The food was delicious, and cooked as requested! We will definitely return! Thanks again for a Wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie2Dined on 5/23/2014Dinner at the Keg is almost always good. On this occasion it was very busy. We reserved a table for 6 people but got a terrible table. We were not able to talk to each other and oit was difficult for those against the wall to get out from the table. We were celebrating a birthday and this put a damper on things. The food however was as good as alwaysSpecial Features: