The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Whistler
4429 Sundial Place
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Whistler
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6049325151x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday to Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Monday to Saturday:3:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 10am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The loft can accommodate groups up to 70 in size. It is an open concept room with great views.
The Capacity of the restaurant is 240 with an extra 146 in our lounge Brandys.
- Private Party Contact: Kristine or Casper 604-932-5151x
- Entertainment: We have Live Djs in Brandys every week.
Thursday is Funk Night.
Friday and Saturday you’ll find “All Love –No Club”
Dj’s such as Tim Livingstone, Canosis and Chilli Thom can be found playing Funky beats -10pm- 2am
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Whistler
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and a variety of cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Whistler - Best Restaurants in Whistler Village ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Whistler reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)special occasion (17)kid-friendly (13)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014You can always depend on a Keg experience no matter where you are. Whistler is no exception but could use an interior upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 8/31/2014Disappointed in the service we received. I have spoken to the manger by email, who assured me that my concerns will be addressed. We make it a point to eat at the keg every time we are in whistler as we have always had a great experience. I am not sure we will continue with this tradition. Disappointing...Special Features:
- great dishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The chicken and lobster dish was absolutely delicious. I would definitely order this dish again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner Success!ScooterDined on 8/30/2014We came to have a low-key family birthday celebration and were rewarded with excellent, consistent food. We were most surprised by our private and comfortable booth and very professional server. He went out of his way to find a "honey mustard" dip that would satisfy our picky eater, and had some wonderful suggestions for wine and food pairing. We got exactly what we wanted from this evening and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor compared to other KegshungrymDined on 8/30/2014Came here for my husband's birthday. Usually never disappointed with the Keg in Vancouver or Burnaby. The 1st set of crab cakes were dark-dark brown. Server said it was just the oil - uh meaning it hadn't been changed in a while. Anyhow she took it away and brought a new batch which were practically just as dark. But then the kids chicken strips looked barely fried at all...weird. Prime Rib was tasteless unless drenched in jus. I only liked the Caesar salad, twice baked potato and the bread. Didn't even bother staying for dessert to celebrate. Un-impressed.Special Features:
- Very unmemorable.jdmedDined on 8/28/2014It was a slow night and Server takes ages to greet us and take a drink order. Probably 10-15 minutes. Restaurant is very dark and our tables was like eating in a dark closet. Could hardly see my food which btw was good but nothing special. Steak was very good, prices were typical Whistler too high for what you get. Too bad as it was a 50th birthday celebration night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014The waiter was fantastic and witty made everything very enjoyable. The food was great and it was overall a good night , I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Dependable and CanadianLoriDined on 8/25/2014Whenever we visit Whistler, we go to the Keg and enjoy a Classic Dinner. Our recent guests from Germany and Holland loved it. Great wines to choose from and we shared the Billy Miner Pie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Great Fillet Mignon ! Friendly staff. Great place for a steak at Whistler.Special Features:
- Keg restaurants use to be greatFineDiningGuyDined on 8/20/2014The steak was good but my baked potatoe was dry and over cooked. The manager did everything in her power to get heat lamps going but to no avail.Special Features:
- Awesome service!NiceLadyDined on 8/8/2014Our server, Jake was great. He was efficient and made our birthday celebrations even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Horrible Steaks cooked wrong, potatoes cold ran out of key items. Use to always go there, now never again
- Anniversary DinnerlovetodineDined on 7/29/2014The service and special treatment we received at the Keg in Whistler for our 20th anniversary was outstanding. We were presented with anniversary wishes and given a great private table with a glass of champagne. Thanks to the Keg's staff for making our dinner outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceskrobotDined on 7/9/2014Our server was very attentive and accomodating to our special needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer dinnerMONZDined on 7/8/2014Had a nice meal here. They were featuring summer lobster specials and our app was very good. Steak was fair, not as high quality as you'll find at high end places, but good for the price.Special Features:
- DisappointedBCYankDined on 7/5/2014We had been to other restaurants from this chain. The food didn't approach what we had experienced earlier.
- wedding anniversary dinner a bust!Coop12345Dined on 7/2/2014Booked a late dinner (7pm) for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We were offered a table beside a large (40 +) group of kids and parents. Horribly loud and the hostess said sorry everywhere I here is loud. We chose to eat outside on the sad small and very windy patio. Our server was good but the good was fair. After spending $180 on dinner not even a complementary dessert was brought. We are from Langley and our Keg is FAR superior to Whistler in all areas. We will not be returning to the Keg in Whistler again.
- Extremely DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014We decided to have dinner here on our last night in Whistler and were looking forward to it. Unfortunately, the experience was very disappointing. Our server had a very poor attitude and you could tell he didn't want to be there. We were not asked if everything was okay during our meal and he brought the bill without asking if we wanted dessert, tea, coffee etc. Very upset with our visit especially on the last night of our trip.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014They don't allow strollers upstairs in the dining area and our stroller was a bed for our little one. :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Keg, WhistlerrearleDined on 6/15/2014Friendly place, the staff are all welcoming. the Keg food is always well presented, the Caesar salad bountiful and delicious.....they are always accommodating in making your selection. However, this Keg is dated and does require a complete makeover....not certain if there's an elevator, but if not, the many steps would deter anyone with physical disabilities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service,great food,loud pplOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We had a delicious meal and our server was wonderful. All staff were accomodating even dealing with the super rude table next to us. If you have to say "i dont normally complain" and then loudly complain about everything brought to your table please stay home so others can enjoy their meal in peace. It was too bad as we requested a quiet table to celebrate my husbands birthday but we completely understand that you cant really pick your neighbours in these situations. Thank you amazing staff for being so professional and outgoing regardless of the jerks you have to put up with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server, very friendly & niceWhistlerkeg20140524Dined on 5/24/2014Good service, ok food Please see Comment to restersaunt itselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 167 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Whistler reviews archive.
- Very bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/15/2014Food was good, but wig that kind of service nothing tastes like it should. We were really disappointed. Don't waste a diner in Whistler at this place, you should go to a small local well attended place. Very, very expensive for the kind of service provided. Bad option in town.Special Features:
- First night dinner in WhistlerAndythechefDined on 4/15/2014Food was great with tender succulent steaks for all. The server was excellent and met the whole family's needs. New how to sell to the family including drinks that both my wife and my sons girlfriend were in to. Would really recommend to any one visiting whistlerSpecial Features:
- Good foodSabrinaDined on 4/9/2014We were warmly welcomed by the hostess who did not only took us to a quieter corner of the restaurant (as per my request) but also acknowledged my spouse 40th Birthday! The server though was quite strange and despite asking for a quiet place to enjoy our date, a party of 6 people was seated right by our booth, 10 minute after we arrived. The group was lovely but loud which did affect our overall satisfaction. On the other side, the food was fabulous, as always and between the exquisite starter, the marvelous wine and our steaks, we couldn't have been happier.
- Went for dinner with my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014Went for dinner with my husband and two kids. Our server was super friendly and service was great. We were asked if everything was ok/tasted good, our beverages were refilled, etc. All the usual little things you would expect but are often neglected. I was a little disappointed that they ran out of lobster (we did go shortly before closing) but was very pleased that they offered extra crab or shrimp and still gave a generous discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. WellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014Great food and service. Well organised to a high standard. Decor/ambiance starting to get a little tired?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best choice for steak loverswintermarkDined on 3/29/2014Great variety of steaks. Just the right restaurant after a long dayof skiing. Try the combo and add lobster tail to your stitloin or prime rib!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Perfectly cooked steak, not cheap, but then nothing in Whistler is. Went back and ordered the same thing again as so happy with first mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaksgolfladyDined on 3/10/2014It had been several years since we had been to The Keg, but were quite pleased with the food and the service on this visit. We will go back some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014We are Canadians that have moved around the world and when we come home we always try to go to the Keg at least once during our trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and food. Its the KegdustytrailsDined on 3/4/2014Good service and food. Its the Keg, you know what to expect every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Whistler FindGophers4Dined on 2/16/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Whistler and make sure to hit it every time we get to Whistler. This weekend was for a birthday celebration. The food is always excellent, this outing we chose prime rib, blue cheese crusted filet and the lobster. Along with appetizers of crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops and French onion soup. All 3 of us had a perfect meal. Their Martini's are the best in Whistler too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagedgrtdiningDined on 2/14/2014I asked my girlfriend to marry me here, she said yes, what else can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't book a business dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We were part of conference and two people were running behind for our reservation of 4 that was made long in advance. They would not seat us and gave away our table without telling us. We waited over 30 minutes until we finally tracked someone down who could tell us we actually no longer had a table. We moved on to Earl's where they were happy to accomodate us. Very dissapointed.
- Good steaks and food in the villagesnowboardjoeDined on 1/30/2014We selected this since it was close to use and had good reviews. Good steaks (nothing fabulous) and the rest of our food was pretty good. Good rolls too. A little pricey, but within reason for a resort area. Server was fine, but a little socially awkward to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterSabsDined on 1/30/2014Great service, average food (much much better a couple of years ago) but great wine as suggested by Jasper our waiter. Will return but next time I will ask more questions before I order, i.e. I hate pepper and the filet steak had been so heavily seasoned with the stuff I could hardly taste the steak). The twice cooked jacket potato was also luke warm and obviously just out of the microwave. For some strange reason I didn't complain - I think hunger won!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding nightUlsterDined on 1/28/2014Great night at the Keghouse, staff were excellent and could not have been more accomodating arranging the tablefor a combined 40th birthday and engagement party! Food was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy but acknowledgeRickDined on 1/24/2014Very busy but acknowledge it is in Whistler, a ski resort. The food was average for a steak house and very expensive for the quality of meat. We enjoyed our evening but I would choose somewhere else the next visit. Our waiter was good and table setting was fine. WIne was from local area and substantially over priced for the quality.Special Features:
- Traditional ski dinnermuppetsgtDined on 1/24/2014This is our 5th visit to The Keg over the years, and sadly it was a little disappointing. Our waiter had a difficult time staying focused on any table, let alone tracking our own needs. It was especially bad when he showed up with our salads, appetizers, AND dinner all at the same time, fully consuming our table. Also, this was the first time we all had to say that The Keg did not fully live up to its standards of quality food for whatever reason. We had a group of 6, and everyone was consistent on the reviews.Special Features: