The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
3940 Quadra Street
Victoria, BC V8X 1J6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2504791651
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)good for groups (27)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- CurlyDined on 8/16/2014One of the meals was incorrect but server admitted it was her error and it was corrected immediately and they could not do enough for us to make it up. Excellent meal and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!IslandEaterDined on 8/13/2014The food was great, the service was great. Very good experience! They even recognized it was someone's Bday dinner and gave them a dessert present! Totally unexpected and it made the evening. A Keg night is always a good night in my books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KegKegAug11Dined on 8/11/2014The food was good but one definitely needs to be a steak eater to enjoy it. The service was excellent! Our server was attentive, friendly and personable and made sure we were well attended to but didn't annoy us with his presence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old timetommyDined on 8/6/2014I was impressed by the food and service. I hadn't been at the keg in quite a long time and was pleased that it is still friendly and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphereJennyDined on 8/6/2014Whenever I am in Victoria I always meet my son here for dinner. Excellent food and great place to catch up. Terrific service always and you never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backCountmeinDined on 8/2/2014Would return to this restaurant without a doubt, they do know how to produce a fantastic steak. Service was impeccable and was nice to see General Manager making sure his guests where enjoying the service.Special Features:
- Lobster and potatoesVic18Dined on 8/2/2014It was really wonderful! We enjoyed the time and food.Special Features:
- Still awesome!thekatDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I both remember coming here as kids with our families and still enjoy coming here now. This is one of the few restaurants that has stood the test of time in a very competitive Victoria market. Awesome service and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The server was excellent - he ensured my wife would not have to struggle with her lobster (which she had been looking forward to for weeks) not like the place in Port Moody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceAwesomeDined on 7/20/2014First came here 30 years ago and well known for their steaks. Lobsters featured when we dined so extra treat. Our wait staff was exceptionally efficient, polite and took the time to explain the menu well. Love the fresh baked sourdough and twice baked potatoes..... Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bye dinner.lastsupperDined on 7/14/2014Our relatives from Ontario were leaving the next day for home. They chose the Keg as a good bye and thank you for their visit with us. Great food, good atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New visit to the kegBaysinerDined on 7/11/2014Haven't been to the Keg for a couple of years. Decided we needed a nice diner with friends. Our server was excellent. The young lady that greeted us and took us to our table was charming. The steaks were excellent, the prawns were cold and overdone , the veggies were undercooked. Overall not bad, but not as good as I've experienced in the past..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food and service were good, yes would recommend for all occasions.Special Features:
- so-so this time roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We come to the keg a lot for special occasions (this time being my birthday) but this time I found the Lobster Manhattan was a let down :( The sauce was very salty. The appies were fantastic as per usual.Special Features:
- Keg DinnerarldDined on 7/5/2014Had an excellent meal. Service was great. Two children dining with us were well looked after. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakPeachyDined on 7/4/2014Favourite restaurant! Any location any where! Never fails to meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating my Mom's 84th Birthday.MamaspecialDined on 6/29/2014My Mom and I always celebrate our birthdays together and her favorite place to eat is the Keg. She is a very hard lady to surprise, but we pulled it off. We got dressed up and picked her up, told her we were going for supper. When we arrived at the restaurant ,we yelled surprise!! She was surprised and excited. We enjoyed a beautiful dinner, with great ambiance and a special dessert. We appreciated the Keg treating us to a special birthday dessert and extra flare. It was a beautiful evening shared by all. We thank you for the fantastic service, wonderful food and a great evening. It is one of our most favorite places always to eat and have fun with the family.Special Features:
- THIS is a SteakhouseStarfleet56Dined on 6/25/2014When you want the best steak in town, this is where you go to get it. I had the Blue Cheese crusted Fillet Mignon cooked Blue Rare, my wife had the Manhattan New York Medium Rare and our son had the Pepper Steak Medium Rare and they were all PERFECT. How often can you go out for dinner and all of us are so happy with our meals? Not as often as you would think. We have not visited the Keg in years and this was a special occasion for us. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Hostess delightful and helpful. Service excellent - Casey was our waiter. Food - bla/ok -Jethro not up to usual standard. Pity
- Grassfed beef???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our server did not know if you had grass fed beef. Wake up You should have the option I think now a days Awesome desert for my birthday and nice poulet à la créole. Would try the other one in Victoria if you have grass fed beefSpecial Features:
- great birthdaybirdieDined on 6/21/2014This is the second time I brought visitors to Victoria here for dinner. The waiters are amazing. Very polite and thorough explaining everything. It was my birthday on Saturday so I love the keg for something really special. The lobster was so good. The whole dinner was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuadraDined on 6/18/2014ALL FOUR OF HAD A GREAT MEAL AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE KEG AS PROBABLY BEEN ABOUT A YEAR SINCE OUR LAST VISIt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the KegarldDined on 6/15/2014Great service, delicious food, only complaint was the table we were seated at. Along an aisle with people rushing past constantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The KegdustytrailsDined on 6/11/2014Its Keg and if you eat here as a regular you know what you are going to get. Good food. I usually give it higher marks, but this time for some reason on a Wednesday night and not totally crowded, it took our main course a little long to get to our table. We ordered King Crab. Between the time we ate our stuffed mushroom caps appy to getting our main course was about 35-40 minutes. Unusual not have been given an explanation from the wait staff on the delay. It would have been nice to hear from the staff the reason for our wait. We had been joking our meals must have been ordered in from Alaska that night. Otherwise the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nocookingtonight55Dined on 5/25/2014The food & service was good - the lighting could be better - Will go back again for sure....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SassyDined on 5/23/2014The food was great. The Keg usually under cooks their steaks but this night they didn't. We had ordered based on how we usually find their steaks to come out so that was the only disappoinment. We ordered medium thinking it would be medium rare and it was really medium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, ButNextTimeDined on 5/22/2014Good Service, but the food was not up to it's usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodDrewbertDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. Our appetizers came quickly and we're awesome! We both had steak and lobster tail. My wife had the Baseball Sirloin which was quite under in the middle which is understandable considering how thick it is. She said other than that the taste was really good. When we told our server she was very apologetic and actuall came back with a huge free desert for us! We had a great experience and would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keg DeliversVictoria2exploreDined on 5/19/2014For a long time Canadian Chain, they have remained surprisingly quite current. Menu is great for foodies as well as the Meat & Potatoes types. Big portions and the service was the best in the entire 2 week length of the vacation in Victoria. Well done. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Mother's Day DinnermsbcpDined on 5/9/2014We went out to the Keg as we know we get great food and great service. It did not disappoint us. I was even surprised with a complimentary 'famous' Billy Miner Mud Pie to share with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good. Seating not so good.LeeyaDined on 5/8/2014Service was good and the food excellent, but the seating could have been better. Table was near a little stairway to the kitchen, so the wait staff were constantly bustling by and there was there was often a sound of dishes clattering. This wasn't a particularly busy night, so I'm sure there was no need to use that table.Special Features:
- good food, rushed dinner.Kerri1234Dined on 5/4/2014Food and server where great. However, I had barely just finished my salad and they brought the entree. I felt rushed. When I said something about it, the guy in a blue suit and red tie shot me a look that was disturbing. Will probably choose other places to eat. For that kind of money, I want to enjoy the dinner.Special Features:
- The following 168 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich reviews archive.
- nice evening outLynnDined on 4/27/2014The food was good as it usually is, but service was not the same as we are used to. Perhaps just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not great ...cfinedineDined on 4/26/2014The space is nice and comfortable ... it's quiet and lit nicely. The service was good no complaints but the food was the weak link ... the asparagus was woody not a really big deal but the steak was fatty, grisly and tough. Not how I remember the Keg at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014The service was outstanding as always and the food was amazing. Love dining here!Special Features:
- Steak to die foryummyDined on 4/13/2014Rib Eye steak was so great and the baked potato was outstanding. The service rates among the best in the city so I will go back fro sure.Special Features:
- Why make rezys and still waitVicFoodieDined on 4/12/2014Not sure why we can never be sat @ the time of our rezy. But liquids spilled on people, and 3 occasions os glasses breaking at other tables made the night VERY entertaining. Our server was great as I had a few refills, and I did not wait long for them despite the restaurant being busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, but lacking servicesteakinvicDined on 4/11/2014We went to The Keg on Quadra st. on Friday evening (April 11). After we were seated we had to wait about 6 or 7 minutes before a server came to our table asking about our drink order, but by then we had already decided on dinner. Our food came quickly and was excellent, but it took a while for the staff to clear our table when we were finished. After waiting for about 10 minutes with an empty table our server came back and just left us a desert menu, we wanted our cheque, but she didn't give us a chance to speak before rushing off. After about another 4-5 minutes she came back and we asked for the cheque, then waited another 5-6 minutes before it came back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Prime ribHarryTheCatDined on 4/6/2014This restaurant is pricy. Had the prime which was not warm almost cool not really impressed since this is one of the things they are suppose to specialize in. I have had much better prime rib at half the cost and it comes with the ceased salad, gravy, Yorkshire pudding and a better vegetable select. We'll it will probable be another 20 years before I go back. Maybe. Noise was not elegant, it was so noisy I could barely speak to my wife without raising my voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014Service was slow. The two guys with the same name that served us couldn't get us drinks fast enough. Thank goodness the bar was just downstairs. Almost every guest headed down there to get their own. Everyone loved their dinner, and the kitchen was fast! The food once again saved lack lustre service. The birthday girls dinner was wrong. But the kitchen fixed it quick. Would have been nice if our food wasn't auctioned off, but we were happy to eat. Our table wasn't ready on time, so next year we are doing take out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.