The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
3940 Quadra Street
Victoria, BC V8X 1J6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2504791651
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)good for groups (30)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Hit and missJaguar1962Dined on 9/6/2014We went several month ago and the food was excellent ! come back for our 5 anniversary and the food wasn't great as the several months ago . really disappointed , the service was excellent , nothing to complain about it My beer was flat , the keg was empty , no more Heineken , not really into local breweries The Au jus tasteless , the 16 oz rib eye chewy no flavor ( the silver skin) still attached to the meat So the whole experience with keg was disappointing. it is going to take me sometime to digest this experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food!FoodieMomDined on 9/3/2014I was impressed how family friendly it was though I think a little more thought ahead for the hostess team could have been good. We booked through OT and mentioned having 2 small kids with us. We arrived a few minutes late and they clearly knew what table we were going to right away, but once we were shown the table it have huge steal knives all over that my kids could have easily grab be and the high chair and booster were not ready so we had to wait and scramble a bit upon arrival to move all things that our kids could have damaged or hurt themselves with. If you get the details before the table should have been ready accordingly. Server Jordan was great and up sold us well, and the good was perfect and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner in VictoriaAllanDined on 8/30/2014We had the lobster special and the steak special. It was a great meal with salad to share, and some great side dishes which we could both share. This was a good alternative to the more touristy downtown Victoria, with Ample parking. Advice setting a reservation as this is popular in the neighborhood. Not much window view, and inside is a bit dark.Special Features:
- First Night out in a long timeAnniversaryWorthyDined on 8/30/2014It was our anniversary dinner and we had not been out without the kids in a long time so were looking forward to our night out, maybe we were a little picky since we had not been out in a long time. Dirty wine glasses, asked for new ones. Husbands drink was made with bourbon and not gin like he asked. Ordered an appetizer that was not even delivered. When host delivered our dinner we asked about it and he said that he would look into it. It ended up coming 10 minutes after our main course was finished. Thought we might receive a small discount or complimentary appy but in the end we had to pay for both the messed up drink and the missed appetizer. $150 Bill Next time we will go somewhere else for our 1 night out a week.Special Features:
- Good service but noisyNoisyDined on 8/30/2014Good service but noisy making it difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & service & table location repnezzyDined on 8/29/2014we have been to the keg many times over the years like to go there on special occasions etc this was our anniversary dinner so we went to the keg service was great, table stuck up against a wall retainer. but most of all we both ordered steak & lobster which was one of the specials. lobster was stringy & steak was terrible. very disappointed this time. will be a while before we go backSpecial Features:
- kids menu4fordinnerDined on 8/28/2014A little disappointed with the kids meal, as they ordered their meal, they did not get a veggie appy, as we seen other tables with kids and they received a veggie appy and we did not, we have in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CurlyDined on 8/16/2014One of the meals was incorrect but server admitted it was her error and it was corrected immediately and they could not do enough for us to make it up. Excellent meal and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!IslandEaterDined on 8/13/2014The food was great, the service was great. Very good experience! They even recognized it was someone's Bday dinner and gave them a dessert present! Totally unexpected and it made the evening. A Keg night is always a good night in my books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KegKegAug11Dined on 8/11/2014The food was good but one definitely needs to be a steak eater to enjoy it. The service was excellent! Our server was attentive, friendly and personable and made sure we were well attended to but didn't annoy us with his presence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old timetommyDined on 8/6/2014I was impressed by the food and service. I hadn't been at the keg in quite a long time and was pleased that it is still friendly and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphereJennyDined on 8/6/2014Whenever I am in Victoria I always meet my son here for dinner. Excellent food and great place to catch up. Terrific service always and you never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backCountmeinDined on 8/2/2014Would return to this restaurant without a doubt, they do know how to produce a fantastic steak. Service was impeccable and was nice to see General Manager making sure his guests where enjoying the service.Special Features:
- Lobster and potatoesVic18Dined on 8/2/2014It was really wonderful! We enjoyed the time and food.Special Features:
- Still awesome!thekatDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I both remember coming here as kids with our families and still enjoy coming here now. This is one of the few restaurants that has stood the test of time in a very competitive Victoria market. Awesome service and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The server was excellent - he ensured my wife would not have to struggle with her lobster (which she had been looking forward to for weeks) not like the place in Port Moody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceAwesomeDined on 7/20/2014First came here 30 years ago and well known for their steaks. Lobsters featured when we dined so extra treat. Our wait staff was exceptionally efficient, polite and took the time to explain the menu well. Love the fresh baked sourdough and twice baked potatoes..... Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bye dinner.lastsupperDined on 7/14/2014Our relatives from Ontario were leaving the next day for home. They chose the Keg as a good bye and thank you for their visit with us. Great food, good atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New visit to the kegBaysinerDined on 7/11/2014Haven't been to the Keg for a couple of years. Decided we needed a nice diner with friends. Our server was excellent. The young lady that greeted us and took us to our table was charming. The steaks were excellent, the prawns were cold and overdone , the veggies were undercooked. Overall not bad, but not as good as I've experienced in the past..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food and service were good, yes would recommend for all occasions.Special Features:
- so-so this time roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We come to the keg a lot for special occasions (this time being my birthday) but this time I found the Lobster Manhattan was a let down :( The sauce was very salty. The appies were fantastic as per usual.Special Features:
- Keg DinnerarldDined on 7/5/2014Had an excellent meal. Service was great. Two children dining with us were well looked after. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakPeachyDined on 7/4/2014Favourite restaurant! Any location any where! Never fails to meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating my Mom's 84th Birthday.MamaspecialDined on 6/29/2014My Mom and I always celebrate our birthdays together and her favorite place to eat is the Keg. She is a very hard lady to surprise, but we pulled it off. We got dressed up and picked her up, told her we were going for supper. When we arrived at the restaurant ,we yelled surprise!! She was surprised and excited. We enjoyed a beautiful dinner, with great ambiance and a special dessert. We appreciated the Keg treating us to a special birthday dessert and extra flare. It was a beautiful evening shared by all. We thank you for the fantastic service, wonderful food and a great evening. It is one of our most favorite places always to eat and have fun with the family.Special Features:
- THIS is a SteakhouseStarfleet56Dined on 6/25/2014When you want the best steak in town, this is where you go to get it. I had the Blue Cheese crusted Fillet Mignon cooked Blue Rare, my wife had the Manhattan New York Medium Rare and our son had the Pepper Steak Medium Rare and they were all PERFECT. How often can you go out for dinner and all of us are so happy with our meals? Not as often as you would think. We have not visited the Keg in years and this was a special occasion for us. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Hostess delightful and helpful. Service excellent - Casey was our waiter. Food - bla/ok -Jethro not up to usual standard. Pity
- Grassfed beef???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our server did not know if you had grass fed beef. Wake up You should have the option I think now a days Awesome desert for my birthday and nice poulet à la créole. Would try the other one in Victoria if you have grass fed beefSpecial Features:
- great birthdaybirdieDined on 6/21/2014This is the second time I brought visitors to Victoria here for dinner. The waiters are amazing. Very polite and thorough explaining everything. It was my birthday on Saturday so I love the keg for something really special. The lobster was so good. The whole dinner was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuadraDined on 6/18/2014ALL FOUR OF HAD A GREAT MEAL AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE KEG AS PROBABLY BEEN ABOUT A YEAR SINCE OUR LAST VISIt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the KegarldDined on 6/15/2014Great service, delicious food, only complaint was the table we were seated at. Along an aisle with people rushing past constantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The KegdustytrailsDined on 6/11/2014Its Keg and if you eat here as a regular you know what you are going to get. Good food. I usually give it higher marks, but this time for some reason on a Wednesday night and not totally crowded, it took our main course a little long to get to our table. We ordered King Crab. Between the time we ate our stuffed mushroom caps appy to getting our main course was about 35-40 minutes. Unusual not have been given an explanation from the wait staff on the delay. It would have been nice to hear from the staff the reason for our wait. We had been joking our meals must have been ordered in from Alaska that night. Otherwise the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nocookingtonight55Dined on 5/25/2014The food & service was good - the lighting could be better - Will go back again for sure....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SassyDined on 5/23/2014The food was great. The Keg usually under cooks their steaks but this night they didn't. We had ordered based on how we usually find their steaks to come out so that was the only disappoinment. We ordered medium thinking it would be medium rare and it was really medium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, ButNextTimeDined on 5/22/2014Good Service, but the food was not up to it's usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich reviews archive.
- Great Service, Great FoodDrewbertDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. Our appetizers came quickly and we're awesome! We both had steak and lobster tail. My wife had the Baseball Sirloin which was quite under in the middle which is understandable considering how thick it is. She said other than that the taste was really good. When we told our server she was very apologetic and actuall came back with a huge free desert for us! We had a great experience and would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keg DeliversVictoria2exploreDined on 5/19/2014For a long time Canadian Chain, they have remained surprisingly quite current. Menu is great for foodies as well as the Meat & Potatoes types. Big portions and the service was the best in the entire 2 week length of the vacation in Victoria. Well done. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Mother's Day DinnermsbcpDined on 5/9/2014We went out to the Keg as we know we get great food and great service. It did not disappoint us. I was even surprised with a complimentary 'famous' Billy Miner Mud Pie to share with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good. Seating not so good.LeeyaDined on 5/8/2014Service was good and the food excellent, but the seating could have been better. Table was near a little stairway to the kitchen, so the wait staff were constantly bustling by and there was there was often a sound of dishes clattering. This wasn't a particularly busy night, so I'm sure there was no need to use that table.Special Features:
- good food, rushed dinner.Kerri1234Dined on 5/4/2014Food and server where great. However, I had barely just finished my salad and they brought the entree. I felt rushed. When I said something about it, the guy in a blue suit and red tie shot me a look that was disturbing. Will probably choose other places to eat. For that kind of money, I want to enjoy the dinner.Special Features:
- nice evening outLynnDined on 4/27/2014The food was good as it usually is, but service was not the same as we are used to. Perhaps just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.