The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
3940 Quadra Street
Victoria, BC V8X 1J6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (250) 479-1651
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)good for groups (34)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Night OutWW63Dined on 11/8/2014It was a great experience right from the start. The staff were pleasant,accommodating and fun, from changing our table to recommendations on the wine list. Excellent service and great food. Love that Billy Miner Pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sookiedinersDined on 11/2/2014Great food great service would love to have a Keg in the Colwood/Langford area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average evening.Localfoodlover1Dined on 10/29/2014In fairness, this has not happened in the past, BUT, the service the evening of October 29th at the Keg on Quadra, received by our party of three was so poor that we really will have to think long and hard about returning. From the confusion at the front end, to the awkwardness in getting a table, to the waiter explaining that he was "excruciatingly" busy, our reservation clearly was not as important to the serving staff as in the past. Food quality and tastes were very good, so kudos to the kitchen. Most of us can create great food and tastes in our own homes. We go out to dine to be made to feel special and to be served with smiles and efficiency. This was no where to be found during dinner that evening.Special Features:
- Nana9Dined on 10/27/2014Enjoyed very good prime rib, perfect med. rare. My friend also enjoyed her steak and it was perfectly cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Wife and I go out not to often , so we decided to give the keg a try as we did years a go, found the service good, the food was plenty for what we ordered, sure would be nice to see the salad bar back again like it use to be. Found the prices a little on the high side for some items, we also found that we felt rushed , we ordered our meals which came with salad, we had ordered an app. as well we barely got started on our salads and our hot apps came, would have enjoyed it more if it was spaced out more as we had wine and would have like to talk more between courses.Special Features:
- serviceDavidHDined on 10/23/2014The server was very personable and never needed any prompting for needs. He was aware of all situations during our meal and after meal service. A very competent and efficient waiter. You are fortunate to have such a person on your staff.Special Features:
- OkAbbywonkenobeDined on 10/23/2014Music too loud, children should have children only area, in and out in an hour which I felt a bit rushed. My husbands steak was not re, mine was nice but not as melting in my mouth as I had expected. Taste was goodSpecial Features:
- An event, like always.wmcduffDined on 10/15/2014The Keg is pricey, but excellent. Thick steaks, tasty sides, well done accompaniments, good atmosphere. Too much to go every night, but fine for a celebration.Special Features:
- Great service, pricey foodsanchoDined on 10/9/2014The most outstanding element is the service. Other restaurants should send their waiters to take courses at the Keg. The steak was excellent taste-wise, but side items were just two - a potato and a few green beans - sort of simple and lacking fantasy. I seems the chief dealing with the steaks is a great pro, but the person who decides the side items needs to learn more. I liked the posters on the walls! Overall only the prices will stop me from coming again.
- Huh?SeniortastetesterDined on 9/28/2014Poorest quality prime rib I have ever had in 45 yrs. of dining. Nowhere near the standards I would expect from the Keg. The food here is deteriorating every visit. Only thing I enjoy is local fresh produce dishes :(Special Features:
- snowfall1Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had not visited the Keg for a few years, and we thought we would try it again. WOW!! we had an awesome dinner !!! Everything was perfection, from entering and being escorted right to our table to the impeccable service we received. The ambience is romantic and comfortable, the wait staff was great, and our dinner was presented in classic style. Thankyou, Keg !!! we definitely will return. The food was delicious, exquisite prime rib dinner. 5 Stars plus two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Everything was top notch except the green beans and the potato I had were a little over cooked, not so much that it was not enjoyed. Portion sizes for vegie and sides a little small. Everything else was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missJaguar1962Dined on 9/6/2014We went several month ago and the food was excellent ! come back for our 5 anniversary and the food wasn't great as the several months ago . really disappointed , the service was excellent , nothing to complain about it My beer was flat , the keg was empty , no more Heineken , not really into local breweries The Au jus tasteless , the 16 oz rib eye chewy no flavor ( the silver skin) still attached to the meat So the whole experience with keg was disappointing. it is going to take me sometime to digest this experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food!FoodieMomDined on 9/3/2014I was impressed how family friendly it was though I think a little more thought ahead for the hostess team could have been good. We booked through OT and mentioned having 2 small kids with us. We arrived a few minutes late and they clearly knew what table we were going to right away, but once we were shown the table it have huge steal knives all over that my kids could have easily grab be and the high chair and booster were not ready so we had to wait and scramble a bit upon arrival to move all things that our kids could have damaged or hurt themselves with. If you get the details before the table should have been ready accordingly. Server Jordan was great and up sold us well, and the good was perfect and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner in VictoriaAllanDined on 8/30/2014We had the lobster special and the steak special. It was a great meal with salad to share, and some great side dishes which we could both share. This was a good alternative to the more touristy downtown Victoria, with Ample parking. Advice setting a reservation as this is popular in the neighborhood. Not much window view, and inside is a bit dark.Special Features:
- First Night out in a long timeAnniversaryWorthyDined on 8/30/2014It was our anniversary dinner and we had not been out without the kids in a long time so were looking forward to our night out, maybe we were a little picky since we had not been out in a long time. Dirty wine glasses, asked for new ones. Husbands drink was made with bourbon and not gin like he asked. Ordered an appetizer that was not even delivered. When host delivered our dinner we asked about it and he said that he would look into it. It ended up coming 10 minutes after our main course was finished. Thought we might receive a small discount or complimentary appy but in the end we had to pay for both the messed up drink and the missed appetizer. $150 Bill Next time we will go somewhere else for our 1 night out a week.Special Features:
- Good service but noisyNoisyDined on 8/30/2014Good service but noisy making it difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & service & table location repnezzyDined on 8/29/2014we have been to the keg many times over the years like to go there on special occasions etc this was our anniversary dinner so we went to the keg service was great, table stuck up against a wall retainer. but most of all we both ordered steak & lobster which was one of the specials. lobster was stringy & steak was terrible. very disappointed this time. will be a while before we go backSpecial Features:
- kids menu4fordinnerDined on 8/28/2014A little disappointed with the kids meal, as they ordered their meal, they did not get a veggie appy, as we seen other tables with kids and they received a veggie appy and we did not, we have in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CurlyDined on 8/16/2014One of the meals was incorrect but server admitted it was her error and it was corrected immediately and they could not do enough for us to make it up. Excellent meal and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!IslandEaterDined on 8/13/2014The food was great, the service was great. Very good experience! They even recognized it was someone's Bday dinner and gave them a dessert present! Totally unexpected and it made the evening. A Keg night is always a good night in my books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KegKegAug11Dined on 8/11/2014The food was good but one definitely needs to be a steak eater to enjoy it. The service was excellent! Our server was attentive, friendly and personable and made sure we were well attended to but didn't annoy us with his presence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old timetommyDined on 8/6/2014I was impressed by the food and service. I hadn't been at the keg in quite a long time and was pleased that it is still friendly and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphereJennyDined on 8/6/2014Whenever I am in Victoria I always meet my son here for dinner. Excellent food and great place to catch up. Terrific service always and you never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backCountmeinDined on 8/2/2014Would return to this restaurant without a doubt, they do know how to produce a fantastic steak. Service was impeccable and was nice to see General Manager making sure his guests where enjoying the service.Special Features:
- Lobster and potatoesVic18Dined on 8/2/2014It was really wonderful! We enjoyed the time and food.Special Features:
- Still awesome!thekatDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I both remember coming here as kids with our families and still enjoy coming here now. This is one of the few restaurants that has stood the test of time in a very competitive Victoria market. Awesome service and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The server was excellent - he ensured my wife would not have to struggle with her lobster (which she had been looking forward to for weeks) not like the place in Port Moody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Saanich reviews archive.
- Awesome experienceAwesomeDined on 7/20/2014First came here 30 years ago and well known for their steaks. Lobsters featured when we dined so extra treat. Our wait staff was exceptionally efficient, polite and took the time to explain the menu well. Love the fresh baked sourdough and twice baked potatoes..... Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bye dinner.lastsupperDined on 7/14/2014Our relatives from Ontario were leaving the next day for home. They chose the Keg as a good bye and thank you for their visit with us. Great food, good atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New visit to the kegBaysinerDined on 7/11/2014Haven't been to the Keg for a couple of years. Decided we needed a nice diner with friends. Our server was excellent. The young lady that greeted us and took us to our table was charming. The steaks were excellent, the prawns were cold and overdone , the veggies were undercooked. Overall not bad, but not as good as I've experienced in the past..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food and service were good, yes would recommend for all occasions.Special Features:
- so-so this time roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We come to the keg a lot for special occasions (this time being my birthday) but this time I found the Lobster Manhattan was a let down :( The sauce was very salty. The appies were fantastic as per usual.Special Features:
- Keg DinnerarldDined on 7/5/2014Had an excellent meal. Service was great. Two children dining with us were well looked after. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakPeachyDined on 7/4/2014Favourite restaurant! Any location any where! Never fails to meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating my Mom's 84th Birthday.MamaspecialDined on 6/29/2014My Mom and I always celebrate our birthdays together and her favorite place to eat is the Keg. She is a very hard lady to surprise, but we pulled it off. We got dressed up and picked her up, told her we were going for supper. When we arrived at the restaurant ,we yelled surprise!! She was surprised and excited. We enjoyed a beautiful dinner, with great ambiance and a special dessert. We appreciated the Keg treating us to a special birthday dessert and extra flare. It was a beautiful evening shared by all. We thank you for the fantastic service, wonderful food and a great evening. It is one of our most favorite places always to eat and have fun with the family.Special Features:
- THIS is a SteakhouseStarfleet56Dined on 6/25/2014When you want the best steak in town, this is where you go to get it. I had the Blue Cheese crusted Fillet Mignon cooked Blue Rare, my wife had the Manhattan New York Medium Rare and our son had the Pepper Steak Medium Rare and they were all PERFECT. How often can you go out for dinner and all of us are so happy with our meals? Not as often as you would think. We have not visited the Keg in years and this was a special occasion for us. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Hostess delightful and helpful. Service excellent - Casey was our waiter. Food - bla/ok -Jethro not up to usual standard. Pity
- Grassfed beef???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our server did not know if you had grass fed beef. Wake up You should have the option I think now a days Awesome desert for my birthday and nice poulet à la créole. Would try the other one in Victoria if you have grass fed beefSpecial Features:
- great birthdaybirdieDined on 6/21/2014This is the second time I brought visitors to Victoria here for dinner. The waiters are amazing. Very polite and thorough explaining everything. It was my birthday on Saturday so I love the keg for something really special. The lobster was so good. The whole dinner was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.