The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Park Royal
800 Marine Drive
West Vancouver, BC V7T 1A6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Park Royal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6049259126
- Hours of Operation:
This location is now closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for choosing the Park Royal Keg for your large party reservation. Party's of 10 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Greg DuBois 604-925-9126
- Entertainment: Four 55" flat screen televisions, showing every Vancouver Canuck, B.C. Lions, and major sporting event this season.
- Cross Street: Taylor Way
- Public Transit: The Park Royal Transit Exchange is located just behind the restaurant. Coming from downtown, just board any of the 250 buses and you will stop right beside the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Keg is located in the parking lot of the South Park Royal Mall. This means we have excellent parking year round at any time of the day and at no charge.
A word from The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Park Royal
This location is now closed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Park Royal reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lobsterfest !PrettyfussyDined on 8/15/2013Birthday party for 6! The Birthday girl chose the keg over arms reach because of the lobster. It was fabulous! 3 had the full lobster dinner. They were huge! One person asked if lobster could be cut in half lengthwise for easier eating and sure, no problem. 2 ordered steak and seafood. I ordered the seafood platter and shared it. Succulent and sweet. I want to go back. Birthday girl got complimentary billy miner pie which we all ate. I have already posted pics on fb and told friends it was fabulous! Birthday girl said it was the best lobster ever! The bread took a long time to be served and I was trying to catch servers eye a few times but did not connect.. We had sooooo much fun. Caesar salad is the best in town. I tipped 20%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goat Cheese AppetizerSujuca1Dined on 8/13/2013This appie exceeded my expectations. Our server was wonderful, and offered to substitute tortilla chips for the bread. Both the cheese and tortilla chips were warm, the food was nicely presented and delicious. This appie will be 'a must' the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualitySaloVIPDined on 8/4/2013Very good food and excellent service, always stisfactory.Special Features:
- Friend wanted to go for herOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Friend wanted to go for her 76th birthday and to celebrate successful heart surgery. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerSpineyDined on 7/17/2013A simple dinner that was a first time visit for one in the party. Food was very good and filling. Service was also very good and just the right amount of presence by our server. When being seated were were asked about the occasion and birthday was told but nothing was said or done up, which was nice. Usually restaurants make a big deal of it and it was nice to have a low key affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable StagOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2013Reservations were honored and the table to perfect for 8 where we had a great time to ourselves. Service was impeccable and food was just perfect. We went from 6:30 till 10 PM where we were attended to without the feeling of intrusion. I would recommend parties at this Keg, well, stags are definitely on the list! We did get an amazing waitress and will see if I can get her again when I return.Special Features:
- They make customers happySkyeDined on 7/6/2013After being served a steak that was a terrible cut, the manager personally ensured a new meal within minutes. Happy the second time around with the meal, and the lengths they go to to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEAT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/23/2013Prime rib was cooked perfectly with delicious crispy onions. New york steak was good as well.Special Features:
- Food good, ambience not so much.PaulDined on 5/18/2013Food is great, but due to it being West Van, there are too many young kids in there late at night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice happy Bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013We had a nice happy Bday dinner for my Brother here he really loved it, a surprise. Food was yummy service great!Special Features:
- Unforgettable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013We celebrated my husband's Birthday, and we got a romantic table by the fireplace... Then the Manager gave us a glass of Champagne (on the house) while the lights were dimmed. The food... delicious! Finally, we shared dessert (on the house!)... The only thing we did not like, was the music... We were expecting something like jazz/lounge... instead of rock-pop music... But overall, it was a great experience! Thank you for make it an unforgettable night.Special Features:
- the food was awesome but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013the food was awesome but our waiter was never around. He was hard to get and not really attentive.Special Features:
- Overall good experience exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Overall good experience except they ran out of creme brulee but offered us passionfruit brulee but was not very tasteful.
- Our dinner was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Our dinner was fantastic! Our server was amazing, so professional and he had a calmness about him which was so peaceful and refeshing. A true gem for the Keg. The GM Greg was also very courteous and professional in coming up to our table and greeting us in a cheerful disposition manner. He was also very kind in bringing out entrees to us. The best experience ever and I will be telling all my friends. KUDOS to the West Vancouver Keg.Special Features:
- Great family restaurant. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013Great family restaurant. Food is of good quality and tasty.Special Features:
- Great night outWong5058Dined on 4/6/2013Food and service levels back to the normal exceptional levels we've previously experienced. Funny enough, we got the same waitress as from our last negative experience. Tonight, the service was great, none of our drinks got messed up, dishes were somewhat cleared before each course and the prime ribs were amazing. We were pretty much full before our main entrees arrived. But I will make note to avoid eating at this restaurant on holiday days, where they probably run with less and possibly less experienced staff.Special Features:
- making a reservation 'on line'OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013making a reservation 'on line' is an interesting feature. Debated whether or not to go out for dinner on Easter Sunday without a reservation, and were leaning towards not doing so until advised that The Keg allowed on line reservations. worked like a charm...
- Nothing special... Not worthShnefanyDined on 3/16/2013Nothing special... Not worth spending over $100 for two!Special Features:
- The waiter, Chris, did anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The waiter, Chris, did an excellent job. He made a point of finding out when we arrived, if it was a special occasion He then remembered the special occasion and when the timing was right, he mentioned it to our guest of honour. Food was great as usual, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- This was a family birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2013This was a family birthday party for 8 and we had a good time. The food was good, and the waiter attentive, but not brilliant. Since I love the prime rib I would definitly go again!Special Features:
- We had a 6:15 dinner reservationAnniversaryDined on 3/1/2013We had a 6:15 dinner reservation for 4 people. 2 of the guests were from out of town and we were trying to have a conversation. The music was loud and not 'dinner music'. We asked the waitress if it could be turned down. Some time later she came back to the table and we asked her again if the music could be dealt with. She said she had spoke to someone and would ask again. She said she was also having trouble hearing. Eventually the music was turned down at 7:30. If we had know it would be noisy music, we would not have booked this restaurant! The music was too distracting! The music should be turned down in the dinner area! The prime rib was marginally OK, no flavour.
- Our dinner was disappointingros2dineVIPDined on 2/24/2013Our dinner was disappointing this time around. ordered the French onion soup as an appetizer an my soup had more croutons than onions. Our prime rib we had ordered Rare came medium, which was really upsetting to us and baked potatoes came cold. The other thing we find with the Keg is they have a tendency is to rush you through your appetizers. They serve you the salad and before you are have way finished out comes the soup. We use to love going to the Keg at Park Royal but with all the construction , it is so hard to get in there, you would think the restaurant would try to improve what people they get in there to serve better food. Thoroughly disappointed with our meal this time.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, table wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Great ambiance, table was ready on time, waitress was prompt. The food was not up to the typical standard of a Keg. This was very disappointing and we hope it was an unusual experience for the Park Royal keg.
- We always enjoy our visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We always enjoy our visits to The Keg. Customers like us know we are going to receive excellent service and quality food every time. That is important when one considers the choices in the marketplace. We do not want to spend our hard earned money on a different restaurant just to find out the quality is not there. So we keep going back to our old standby- The Keg!Special Features:
- An efficient crew that madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013An efficient crew that made a special occasion into a wonderful evening. The front desk moved us quickly to our seats, our waitress was fun and made us feel welcome with some great food suggestions. The food arrived quickly in spite of the full house that arrived on the night. The food met our expectations perfectly. Congratulations to Open Table for putting us to the head of the line and to The Keg for a great evening.Special Features:
- The Keg in question was notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The Keg in question was not open. You had been informed of this by the General Manager.Something wrong with your system.Special Features:
- Excellent sirloin steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Excellent sirloin steak and very good service from waiter.
- I completely enjoyed my meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013I completely enjoyed my meal. It was better than I expected. Service was great. The restaurant even shared a recipe with us.Special Features:
- A great restaurant for thoseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013A great restaurant for those who like a delicious piece of beef, prepared as requested. Be prepared for a lot of noise on a week end evening.Special Features:
- The food was excellant theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013The food was excellant the portions were more than enough. We had a very nice, quiet and relaxing dinner and it being a Monday is probably part of it. Our server Cory was very helpful with suggestions on choices.Special Features:
- I actually didn't rememberphillyDined on 1/27/2013I actually didn't remember being very impressed with the Keg, but went from my friend's suggestion for a night out. The steaks/prime rib were much higher quality than I recalled/expected - everything was awesome! Changed my opinion about the Keg :)Special Features:
- Dine Out Vancouver at the KegRedlacDined on 1/26/2013During the time that the "Dine Out Vancouver" promotion is active, restaurants are hopping, and the Keg-Park Royal was no exception. Nevertheless, staff at this Keg were remarkably choreographed... and remarkably cheerful! Our dinner was excellent and was timed perfectly with a nice pause between courses... we didn't feel rushed on a busy Saturday night. The sound level in this restaurant is a bit high (making it difficult for our server to take our orders), but we could hear each other while chatting across the table, so all was well.
- Great food, fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Great food, fantastic service ~ it was a wondreful and memorable night out, thank you!Special Features:
- Mediocre food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The food was merely adequate. The shrimp appetizers were way over cooked. The main course, while cooked to medium rare perfection, consisted of a choice between sinewy steaks or fatty prime rib lacking any real flavor. Deserts were large but not terribly sophisticated. You'd be forgiven for thinking you had just eaten at Red Robin (except for the price). Service was excellent. Perhaps they should spend a little more on quality ingredients and offer fresh, not frozen, desserts.Special Features:
- Our appetizer took foreverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Our appetizer took forever to come, so much so that the main course arrived and we weren't finished our appetizer. I find the restaurant a bit too noisy for my liking - as I don't have kids.Special Features:
- PleasedSkyeDined on 1/23/2013One dinner at our table was over cooked and our server was quick to take care of the situation. We received excellent service from the manager and our special occasion was honoured. Time and time again...the Keg is a family favorite!Special Features:
- Our server was pleasant andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2013Our server was pleasant and friendly, but the food was lukewarm when it arrived. It was as if it had been sitting somewhere for quite a while before being brought to our table.
- Good service but crowded and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2012We've been to this location few times and it is always crowded with people, so the noise level was too high. The server was friendly and let us know about the New Year's specials. We enjoyed the food and the chocolate dessert was phenomenal!
- Mix-up in the cooking orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Everything was relatively good however a small mix-up with the order occured. It was minor so we did not say anything at the time, but one order was steak (medium) and another order was prime rib (medium rare). When they arrived the steak was medium rare and the prime rib was medium. We did not notice right away until we were a few bites into our meal so we felt it was best to accept what we had. The food was still good but after considering that we received a $200 bill, maybe we should have spoken up at the time.Special Features:
- It took almost 50 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012It took almost 50 minutes for our dinner to arrive only to find that the #35.00 steak ordered to be rare arrived medium. No point in sending it back as I didn't want to have to eat my dinner alone.