The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island
1499 Anderson Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6046854735
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island - Best Restaurants in Granville Island ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)good for groups (45)kid-friendly (32)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (15)hot spot (15)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Great table (as requested during the reservation) great food and awesome service. All five of us were completely happy with our food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dick ThompsonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We went to the Keg because of the unfailing excellence of their food and service, and in this instance a reservation, and they performed in flying colors! They even undercooked my wife's steak and immediately took the plate away and in a very short time the Manager returned with a complete new plate and deleted the cost of the dinner without prompting. EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to read their own menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Despite the Keg going out of their way to highlight their Grilled to Perfection chart nearly every time we go in, our steaks are rarely ever cooked as ordered. Didappointing given it's a steakhouse.Special Features:
- The KegyannickDined on 9/4/2014I had an amazing time. The atmosphere was nice. It was perfect for a date. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy childrenTeddy12Dined on 8/30/2014the meal and server were very good. the only down side was three noisy young(10-12) boys whose parents were yelling and making enough noise that I almost got up and left. The only thing keeping me here was I didn't want to spoil the time my wife was having.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed with Food QualityWestCoastDinerDined on 8/30/2014My guest and I order two different steaks ... New York and Sirloin ... the New York was order pink "Warm" and came almost well done and the Sirloin was over done as well. The vegetables supplied were minimal at best. This is two strikes against two meals. I will never go there again as we were both very disappointed.... and No ... we did not complain to the manager ... we were hungry and did not want to wait for steaks to be re-done. Suffice it to say ... I do not need to pay the prices we did to have a steak cooked incorrectly.
- Great food!PablosalglezDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good, and it has a nice atmosphere! It's a great place to go with children.Special Features:
- Farewell dinnerStableoneDined on 8/26/2014This is best place for prime rib (med-rare- soft and delicious) and lobster (buttery, delicious). Appetizer escargots and hot fresh bread so delicious you need to have second's. Desert creme brûlée nice and crispy topping, smooth creme inside slides down throat nicely. Waitress very friendly and prompt service.Special Features:
- celebrationDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening celebrating her birthday. Will definitely do it againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014As usual, The Keg did not disappoint. Great food!Special Features:
- Lobster HeavenSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/18/2014I came with my sister who was visiting from China. She and I ordered a 2-pound lobster each and were extremely happy about it! The lobster was perfectly prepared, succulent and tasty. I have had lobsters at other Kegs before but never had I filled myself up with just the lobster. This turned out to be the perfect introduction to my seafood, particularly lobster-loving sister! The other dishes were also quite good. My nephew was happy with his classic teriyaki steak and mashed potatoes, as well the Caesar salad was appreciated. He is normally not into salads but this one he enjoyed! The service was very attentive and friendly. All in all we had a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being...MCProDined on 8/17/2014at your favourite friend's home. The ambiance is always the same at The Keg, and I am not saying that because I used to work at the original Keg and Cleaver in the 1970's. Comfortable, good food and sometimes noise levels that punctuate it all! Overall, good value and quality. However, just one thing... When a section is completely full, maybe service with your waiter may suffer or be delayed!Special Features:
- tired, mediocrejacknjillDined on 8/16/2014Let me start by saying that the waiter was really great. Top notch. But the food is mediocre, the restaurant is dark which helps hide how tired the decor is. Basically for a place that prides itself on steak and lobster, both those items were really subpar. At these prices, you can do so much better in this city. I won't be back.
- Great!dinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to The Keg for dinner, but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of lunch. The prime rib sandwich was satisfying and the teriyaki chicken was the BEST piece of chicken we tasted in a restaurant. What a surprise to find it in a steak house!Special Features:
- Outstanding again!DrDcaDined on 8/14/2014Once again the keg has met our expectations -- perhaps not QUITE as well as last time, but still very good! We had excellent service and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!Special Features:
- Horrible experienceDeepfriedcoffeeDined on 8/14/2014Waited 10 mins for service in dinning room , none arrived. Asked to me moved. We were sat in lounge. It was loud and full of screaming children. It reminded me of a Chuck E Cheese. Waited another ten minutes, still no service staff arrived. We left due to the horrible service and atmosphere
- keg deliversstuffmyfaceDined on 8/11/2014as usual, the keg delivers the goods. great salad, fabulous steak.Special Features:
- Spectacular Dining ExperienceWong5058Dined on 8/4/2014All future celebrations are going to be held at The Kegs!! Service, by Nathan & Derek (trainee), was outstanding and the food was so tasty. Had a problem with one of the entrees, which was too spicy and was immediately addressed by the manager, who offered another replacement entrée. We were very well taken care of and made to feel that our patronage was very much appreciated. Sure wish this location was closer to home, so that we could visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulboatownerDined on 7/24/2014Expensive but superb dinner and service. I need to write a minimum of fifty characters for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014It had been quite awhile since we had been to a Keg restaurant and we were surprised. The menu is limited and the food is over priced. It wasn't anything exceptional for the price. The food was good but not exceptional by any means.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentEatloveDined on 7/22/2014The service is exceptional! We ordered a full course meal and everything came out perfect. The atmosphere at the Granville island location is very intimate in the dinning and casual in the lounge so a good mix of whatever your into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mommyTDined on 7/5/2014Dinner was fabulous as always. Love that we can make a reservation. Knowing we can enjoy a lovely dinner and make it to our play on time makes our trips to Granville Island that much better. Will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Our waitress was excellent, and the food was deliciously prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDrDcaDined on 7/2/2014Dining with an allergic friend - not only was the waiter very careful but the manager also came over to clarify any issues and took extra care ensuring my friend's satisfaction. Absolutely superb service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy steak done perfectlyOutdoorJudyDined on 6/27/2014I was entertaining a friend from Toronto visiting Vancouver, trying to convince her to go to the Keg. She was looking for a good steak but had had a couple of bad experiences with the Keg in Toronto. Told her Granville Island Keg had always been a great spot for me and friends. Convinced her to try it, and she was sold. Excellent food, great drinks, great service.Special Features:
- Service was spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014This was my second time at the Keg in Granville Island. I've been hesitant in going back after the first time, but I was unable to get reservations at the Yaletown location. Our server and the rest of the staff were great, but the food quality was really average. We ordered the prime rib and the top sirloin. My biggest issue was that the steaks were not cooked to specifications, my medium rare was pink with no red center. And the medium to well prime rib turned out to be well done. The twice baked potato looked more like it was a thrice baked potato, it was dried and charred. And the mashed potatoes was very gummy, it had a shiny sheen to it and didn't resemble the texture of normal mashed potato. Like the keg, but not this location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent service, well prepared food , delicious mini desserts.Special Features:
- Predictably poorOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Overpriced, poor presentation, inexperienced waiters, not for me!
- Not open table, but by reservationKINGKONGDined on 6/15/2014I've booked a booth seat for 2 near the fireplace a week before, but when we come on time, the reception told us have to wait at least 20 mins. I want to know what is the meaning of "RESERVATION" ? And also the prime rib which we ordered "medium well" but comes "well well done". Is this your KEG's style?
- Reservations not needed?!Niteout2Dined on 6/14/2014I reserved for 8 pm for three of us. Walking were being seated before we were. I asked three times how long it would be. Seriously people of larger numbers without reservations were being seated. 40 minutes later we were seated. Not impressed with front end at all. They gave us appetizers for the long wait. Still does not make up for it when you have been looking forward to a nice evening for a long time. Anyway our waiter was professional and the kitchen staff did a great job with the meals. Would I return, not when there are so many nice places to dine out in Vancouver. The food was good but the experience was not.
- Very accommodating; great foodBirthdaygroupof5Dined on 6/13/2014Arrived on time for reservation, oh no, deciding game for Stanley Cup 2014 on and tied in the 3rd; great accommodation to serve us drinks and appies in the lounge and table ready when we could go upstairs. Appetizers, main courses all excellent. Prime rib was fantastic and medium-rare as requested. Hostesses and servers downstairs were amazing and service for dinner was also fine. We had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rookie waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014I used open table to make the reservation and asked for terriaki 6oz. fillet >It didnt happen .Special Features:
- Best Stake RestaurantNickDined on 6/1/2014If you are looking for the best stake restaurant, this is IT! Excellent service, excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic eveningWong5058Dined on 5/31/2014Had wanted to visit Granville Island for quite awhile, so this was the perfect location for my husband's 60th birthday. We had 7:00 pm reservations, so was able to wander around the Island for a couple of hours beforehand. Everyone at the Keg was super friendly and welcoming. We all had the prime rib, which was done to perfection, as was the appies and side dishes. Although the bar area was vibrant, the dining area was just perfect for a relaxing dinner and great conversation. Overall, the staff at this Keg, were all very professional, yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!HelenaDined on 5/31/2014Service was impeccable and very accommodating to our 8 week old baby (in terms of making him safe in the restaurant). We noticed there were lots of kids around us and everyone was very friendly. There was a mix-up on the order and the manager quickly came to apologize and offered us a free dessert. Very genuine - one of our go to places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for DadfunfamilyDined on 5/28/2014We had a really nice family night out at the Keg. Everyone found something good to eat, except the vegan! The vegetarian options that were offered sounded really boring, not suitable for a special occasion, so the vegan boundaries were broken and the salmon did the trick. The kids were happy with their choices (crab mac and cheese!) and so were grandma and dad. The hostess was very accommodating with my elderly mum and chose a quieter table for us with easy access. The waiter was great. Dessert was amazing - Billy Miner pie (again, vegan boundaries had to be broken, but who has that kind of will power?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!JessPVIPDined on 5/22/2014As a former server and restaurant manager, I've witnessed all types of servers and hosts/hostesses, and everyone at The Keg was seriously awesome. We've been to this resto several times, and although the food is very good, the service is excellent and makes this place memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 438 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island reviews archive.
- bestonlyDined on 5/17/2014We haven't been to a Keg Restaurant in a long time and were very pleasantly surprised by the one on Granville Island. Nice booths that help reduce the noise level and make it possible to talk. Our server, Meghan, was excellent. We mentioned a breeze from the air conditioner and she said she would do something about it. And she did! The manager came by and told us he had reduced the AC and asked if we were comfortable. I had salmon and the others in our party had steaks. We were all very pleased with the food and service and enjoyed the evening. Granville Island is fun to walk around and we would highly recommend the Keg.Special Features:
- Best mothers dayKirbysnibblesDined on 5/11/2014An absolutely fantastic meal. Our waiter was very attentive and kind. Everyone was friendly. Would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014If it not to your liking they will do what ever it takes to make it right. Long time Keg user. Alway great Best steak you will get anywhereSpecial Features: