The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island
1499 Anderson Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (604) 685-4735
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island - Best Restaurants in Granville Island ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (42)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (19)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (13)hot spot (13)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Good, but slightly priceyupsiloneDined on 11/21/2014The food was good, and the service was excellent. Slightly pricey for what they offer (meal+desert+ glass of wine costs about $60/person), but that is becoming the norm across all of downtown, so one can't really blame them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedDiner77Dined on 11/8/2014My boyfriend and I dined at the Keg in Granville Island on Saturday night. The service wasn't good and either was the food. It seemed to be a common theme in the restaurant as the management were constantly dealing with the tables around us and their issues. My boyfriend's twice baked potato was so black I teased him asking if he ordered a blackened potato. We usually enjoy the Keg but we definitely didn't this time!
- Food and serviceTerryDined on 11/1/2014I order the 20 oz steak , flavour not too bad but meat quality just so so. I would not recommend steak fans to order it .
- Too many stairsPekiVIPDined on 11/1/2014Impressed with the menu and the service-but way too many stairs to reach our table. I had made reservations early, and when we arrived we were taken around the corner to a 3 level staircase. I stated this is NOT good for older diners. I was told the ground level fills up fast (and way louder). Love I could make my own meal with soup, salad and steak. REALLY loved they have a small dessert selection for $3 each (or 3 for $8). Next time, will make sure they have lower level in my reservation request.
- They Are Good At What They DoFoodsnobDined on 10/30/2014The Keg never disappoints. They are great at what they do and that's serving an amazing steak. It's never going to be a culinary creative adventure but if you want a wicked steak, they are your guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceDarIslandDined on 10/27/2014The staff at the Keg were fantastic. My girlfriend and I were both extremely pleased with the food as well, but the service is what really stuck out. The manager and the server were both very available, helpful, pleasant, and had a good presents around the table. When our food was slower than expected the manager personally came over and talked to us, and when the meal came made sure it was also up to our expectations. Very fantastic experience and we are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not satisfied,,disappointing!!KittycatDined on 10/25/2014Not impressed with our table or the service!! The server didn't seem to know the menu well.. brought our bill before we were even finished ordering not knowledeable enough to recommend anything. Not a good server!!! It was a special evening as it was my B-Day plus I just got engaged that evening at the table to my surprise!!Special Features:
- Granville Island KegkegfanDined on 10/20/2014Awesome would highly recommend! Everything was delicious, waiter was wonderful and atmosphere perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The restaurant was not full, yet our party felt like we were squeezed into an area where when dining did not allow much elbow room. Food overall was standard - nothing exceptional. Service was good and consistent.Special Features:
- AmazingLovethekegDined on 10/18/2014After years of going to the keg, it has never dissapointed from the food to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Focused!WestcoasterVIPDined on 10/12/2014From our entry to our last touch-point, the staff were attentive and friendly. We purposely drove out of our way to GI because we were able to make a rezo. The Keg 10 min from our home doesn't take rezos which is annoying especially when you have children. We were hesitant because this is an older location but we were not disappointed and had a wonderful family night out. This team was ON for this Sunday evening. The dining room was packed but we never felt neglected or forgotten. The food is standard Keg fare- not much changes for a chain resto. We ordered a side from the feature menu and it wasn't great- we left it but didn't mind as we had a good experience overall. Will be back to this Keg for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Had a fantastic meal, great service and really enjoyed the whole dinning experience at this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, better servicegrateful4foodDined on 10/5/2014We were there to celebrate a birthday, and had a great meal with those prime rib classics, and that billy miner pie is a must-have (the mini desserts were the perfect size too). The service was memorable, and overall a great dining experience. The noise level was a little on the loud side, but we still had an enjoyable evening. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TGIF dine out nightlifeisgoodDined on 9/26/2014Overall satisfied with food and service. Just dont like the strong bathroom smell outside the bathroom area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice disappointedsad4meDined on 9/21/2014My husband & I had the prime rib. Both were done perfectly medium rare. It was OVERALL a lovely dinner. Our server Aimée took care of my concern with the asparagus right away. It was wilted,yellow and extremely OVERBLANCHED!!! UNFORTUNATELY second time wasn't much better except it was a little greener BUT still OVERBLANCHED!!!! It was SHOCKING to us because we have ALWAYS said that The Keg has such high standards when it comes to their meat. Surprised that it actually was allowed to leave the kitchen and be served to me on the plate as an edible & appetizing vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless!HappycoupleDined on 9/20/2014Greeting from host right away, waited few minutes to be seated to our amazement they directed us to our table which was upstairs (we didn't know their was a second floor at that location) Server was professional and friendly. Drinks were great and the food was simply amazing!!!!! Each and every bite was enjoyment in my mouth :) Thank you The Keg!Special Features:
- Another wonderful evening outWong5058Dined on 9/20/2014Dined here to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and I had a major craving for the Keg's prime rib. Food and drinks were prepared wonderfully, as usual. Service was a bit on the slow side, but was great, when we got it. Noise level was a bit too loud, due to one particular table seated near us. Found that we were unable to hold a conversation, with others at our table. Overall, had a great time and was well treated by all staff that we encountered. Love, love, love the mud pie. Looking forward to the next excuse to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!spiderwebDined on 9/13/2014Great table (as requested during the reservation) great food and awesome service. All five of us were completely happy with our food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dick ThompsonMooMooDined on 9/13/2014We went to the Keg because of the unfailing excellence of their food and service, and in this instance a reservation, and they performed in flying colors! They even undercooked my wife's steak and immediately took the plate away and in a very short time the Manager returned with a complete new plate and deleted the cost of the dinner without prompting. EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to read their own menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Despite the Keg going out of their way to highlight their Grilled to Perfection chart nearly every time we go in, our steaks are rarely ever cooked as ordered. Didappointing given it's a steakhouse.Special Features:
- The KegyannickDined on 9/4/2014I had an amazing time. The atmosphere was nice. It was perfect for a date. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy childrenTeddy12VIPDined on 8/30/2014the meal and server were very good. the only down side was three noisy young(10-12) boys whose parents were yelling and making enough noise that I almost got up and left. The only thing keeping me here was I didn't want to spoil the time my wife was having.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed with Food QualityWestCoastDinerDined on 8/30/2014My guest and I order two different steaks ... New York and Sirloin ... the New York was order pink "Warm" and came almost well done and the Sirloin was over done as well. The vegetables supplied were minimal at best. This is two strikes against two meals. I will never go there again as we were both very disappointed.... and No ... we did not complain to the manager ... we were hungry and did not want to wait for steaks to be re-done. Suffice it to say ... I do not need to pay the prices we did to have a steak cooked incorrectly.
- Great food!PablosalglezDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good, and it has a nice atmosphere! It's a great place to go with children.Special Features:
- Farewell dinnerStableoneDined on 8/26/2014This is best place for prime rib (med-rare- soft and delicious) and lobster (buttery, delicious). Appetizer escargots and hot fresh bread so delicious you need to have second's. Desert creme brûlée nice and crispy topping, smooth creme inside slides down throat nicely. Waitress very friendly and prompt service.Special Features:
- celebrationDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening celebrating her birthday. Will definitely do it againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014As usual, The Keg did not disappoint. Great food!Special Features:
- Lobster HeavenSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/18/2014I came with my sister who was visiting from China. She and I ordered a 2-pound lobster each and were extremely happy about it! The lobster was perfectly prepared, succulent and tasty. I have had lobsters at other Kegs before but never had I filled myself up with just the lobster. This turned out to be the perfect introduction to my seafood, particularly lobster-loving sister! The other dishes were also quite good. My nephew was happy with his classic teriyaki steak and mashed potatoes, as well the Caesar salad was appreciated. He is normally not into salads but this one he enjoyed! The service was very attentive and friendly. All in all we had a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being...MCProDined on 8/17/2014at your favourite friend's home. The ambiance is always the same at The Keg, and I am not saying that because I used to work at the original Keg and Cleaver in the 1970's. Comfortable, good food and sometimes noise levels that punctuate it all! Overall, good value and quality. However, just one thing... When a section is completely full, maybe service with your waiter may suffer or be delayed!Special Features:
- tired, mediocrejacknjillDined on 8/16/2014Let me start by saying that the waiter was really great. Top notch. But the food is mediocre, the restaurant is dark which helps hide how tired the decor is. Basically for a place that prides itself on steak and lobster, both those items were really subpar. At these prices, you can do so much better in this city. I won't be back.
- Great!dinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to The Keg for dinner, but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of lunch. The prime rib sandwich was satisfying and the teriyaki chicken was the BEST piece of chicken we tasted in a restaurant. What a surprise to find it in a steak house!Special Features:
- Outstanding again!DrDcaDined on 8/14/2014Once again the keg has met our expectations -- perhaps not QUITE as well as last time, but still very good! We had excellent service and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!Special Features:
- Horrible experienceDeepfriedcoffeeDined on 8/14/2014Waited 10 mins for service in dinning room , none arrived. Asked to me moved. We were sat in lounge. It was loud and full of screaming children. It reminded me of a Chuck E Cheese. Waited another ten minutes, still no service staff arrived. We left due to the horrible service and atmosphere
- keg deliversstuffmyfaceDined on 8/11/2014as usual, the keg delivers the goods. great salad, fabulous steak.Special Features:
- Spectacular Dining ExperienceWong5058Dined on 8/4/2014All future celebrations are going to be held at The Kegs!! Service, by Nathan & Derek (trainee), was outstanding and the food was so tasty. Had a problem with one of the entrees, which was too spicy and was immediately addressed by the manager, who offered another replacement entrée. We were very well taken care of and made to feel that our patronage was very much appreciated. Sure wish this location was closer to home, so that we could visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 458 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Granville Island reviews archive.
- DelightfulboatownerDined on 7/24/2014Expensive but superb dinner and service. I need to write a minimum of fifty characters for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014It had been quite awhile since we had been to a Keg restaurant and we were surprised. The menu is limited and the food is over priced. It wasn't anything exceptional for the price. The food was good but not exceptional by any means.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentEatloveDined on 7/22/2014The service is exceptional! We ordered a full course meal and everything came out perfect. The atmosphere at the Granville island location is very intimate in the dinning and casual in the lounge so a good mix of whatever your into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mommyTDined on 7/5/2014Dinner was fabulous as always. Love that we can make a reservation. Knowing we can enjoy a lovely dinner and make it to our play on time makes our trips to Granville Island that much better. Will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Our waitress was excellent, and the food was deliciously prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.