The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
10532 100th Ave
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0V8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kegsteakhouse.com/en/
- Phone: 7805396699
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Dining Room: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Darrel Johannson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private Catering is available. Bookings through The General Manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Two areas available for semi-private and private dining. Semi-Private 8 guests. Private minimum 35 guests to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nixie Homme 7805396699
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie - Best Restaurants in Grande Prairie ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)good for groups (80)romantic (71)hot spot (44)fit for foodies (36)kid-friendly (33)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (22)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Smacktacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The service was amazing! My steak was cooked to Perfection with my shrimp skewer being succulent! Salad was juicy and crisp and spending time with my company was in the perfect atmosphere and dim setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Pretty sad, when you plan to go for a nice meal and you get food served that is not very good. I can cook better food then what we had
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Steak was good, lobster was like rubber and the veggies were uneatable and the bread was tough not as good as the last time I was there, gonna try ricks next time.Special Features:
- perfect as alwayssweetgVIPDined on 9/11/2014As it is every time. the food was excellent staff friendly and helpful . simply perfect.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner Not DisappointedDoneJustRight01Dined on 9/11/2014The best Prime Rib that I have had... anywhere! Done just right and the Fillet Classic was excellent. This was our best dining experience we have ever had at The Keg. The waiter was very attentive and the entree came as ordered. Thank you for the complimentary bottle of champagne. We will be back.Special Features:
- Keg TimeAnniversary2014Dined on 9/7/2014We usually choose The Keg for most important dates in our lives. This happened to be our 53rd wedding anniversary. The Keg has never failed us with any food item - always delicious! Even the simplest wedge of iceberg lettuce being icy cold and crisp drizzled with dressing, tiny tomato bits & "real" bacon bits made it look appealing. Best place to get a steak cooked the way you like and be juicy & flavorful. At home we only have desserts after our meal on the holidays, such as Christmas, but at The Keg we never seem to leave without having dessert. When our bill arrived, we were pleasantly surprized that The Keg had provided us with complimentary desserts. Thank you so much. See you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Felt a bit rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Overall excellent service - food was tasty and hot. I felt a bit rushed between courses ; like they wanted to get this table freed up... Can't complain about slow service for sure!!! The server was friendly and the orders were delivered perfectly; she just needs to slow down maybe a bit and allow for some leisurely dining!! Thank you for the free dessert for our anniversary ! It was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more varietyrodbDined on 9/5/2014The Keg was as it always is consistent food, and good service for Grande Prairie.Special Features:
- Eat SteakDoug55Dined on 9/3/2014If you are just going out as a couple I might suggest that you eat downstairs in the lounge as it is much more quiet and intimate. We ate upstairs and there was a very large, noisy table and it wasn't really cozy. When you go to a steak house eat steak. My meal was delicious but my husband ordered the chicken and ribs and he was not really impressed with the chicken. Overall however, the appetizers were excellent and the Caesar salad was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityDavidDined on 9/3/2014The Keg Steakhouse and Bar in Grande Prairie NEVER disappoints! It is very consistent, quality of the food is always outstanding - we got there on a regular basis, and have NEVER had a bad meal at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerDenisenewyorkDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday. We enjoyed the quiet area of the bar and our server was great. Our meals were prepared just like we liked it !! It was a wonderful date night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The Keg is always a good reliable dining experience, great good, great service and as long as you reserve no wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingShouldastayedhomeDined on 9/1/2014We were in the back room and the ac was cranked. We were freezing. The table beside us the ladies had their jackets on the entire meal. My husband and my steaks came out waaaay over done and looking like they has been in the window for sometime. Then 10mins later our kids meals came out. The waitress never did a quality check and did not refill any of our drinks. She also forgot to bring the bill for some time. It was a long cold disappointing meal and I doubt we will be back
- LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great food , location of seating was in a very busy spot next to kitchen entrance so was a non stop of traffic passing our table, it was very distracting. The tables are very small for a party of two. Needs some much needed upgrade to the restaurant and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 30thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice evening, server allowed us time to visit, food was very good (1 steak slightly overdone), an evening at the Keg is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster SummerHawaii14VIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful evening spent with good friends. Food was outstanding! Lobster was cooked to perfection and the backed potato crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The complimentary bread was the only downfall. It was brought hot to the table which is fantastic but it had been warmed in the microwave so turned tuff very soon. Would loved to had bread warmed the way it was originally done in the oven. Over all I highly recommend the Keg for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor table/amazing waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014When we were first seated at our table I was very disappointed. We were sat at a table for two as close to the kitchen without being in the kitchen. It was loud and very squishy, good thing we are not large people. The saving grace was our waitress! She was and always is amazing and so was the young lady training with her. The food was great but the actual table placement was terrible.Special Features:
- BubbleDined on 8/29/2014I make reservations well in advance 24+ hours and to show up and be put in a corner at a dinky little table next to your loud dirty disruptive kitchen is a huge disappointment I am a hard working single mother who seldom has the chance to get out I spent $170.00 and to be shoved in a corner next to the loud kitchen very upsetting!! I spend enough time in my kitchen I don't care to pay 170.00 to be in yours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KegRobbyDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I tend to go to the Keg one every month to two months. This time we used the online tool to reserve a booth with I'm grateful for as I had always waited in line before. We always love going and always love the food and service. We were placed right beside a group of four . The tables were a bit closer than I would have liked and spent most of he time tuning there kids and conversation out. Our food was cooked perfectly to what we ordered but didn't have the usual flavour as I'm used to going here. Not to say it was bad it just wasn't as good as usual. I would still return as on average the food and service are outstanding compared to the rest of the restraunts in grande prairieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop changing recipesGPDinerDined on 8/28/2014Both my fiancé and I thoroughly loved the peppercorn steaks ; however, they've since changed the recipe so that the peppercorn sauce is a horrible jelly type gravy substitute. Not impressed.Special Features:
- Great food! Great service!Goodenuff2eatDined on 8/27/2014Very busy restaurant and service was great. Pricey but worth every cent! Defineately my new fav place to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was greatgreatfood8Dined on 8/24/2014Was great , fantastic food, great service, great laughs to have with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Keg - Always good!hakadejoDined on 8/23/2014I was able to book a reservation with Open Table for Saturday supper that same day. The food was awesome, service was great and we had a very enjoyable evening! Thanks for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJewelsDined on 8/22/2014As a family of 5 going out for a steak dinner, this was a great meal. The section that we were in was very closed off from the restaurant and very noisy. It was also very cold. But, our meal was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEandLD49Dined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our meal, service and ability to reserve on line. We will return soon. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlrightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Was good, Took quiet awhile to get our food, there was only 2 of us so must of been a mix up in the kitchen, it doesnt normally take that longI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualfoodadDined on 8/19/2014Unfortunately this was the worst meal I have ever had at The Keg. I had the Chicken and Lobster Special. The chicken was terribly dry, tasteless and the sauce on the lobster was nondescript. My dining companions enjoyed their steak and 1/2 lobster. The ding room was comfortable and the service was decent until the end when the payment system crashed and we had to wait for 15 minutes to pay. It made the meal end on a bad note as we had to wait for too long to hear what was happening.Special Features:
- spacemorediningDined on 8/17/2014Would love to see the restaurant expand and better parking .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questions asked, yet still...FoodiebynatureDined on 8/17/2014With a love of lobster, My wife debated ordering this as She is very particular about preparation of this devine dish. But, went for it, after requesting the server, April, find info regarding prep. from kitchen staff. At no point were we told it was chopped open to cook. The tamalley is her most favorite part of this decadent meal, so you can imagine the disappointment. She saved this for last, to turn over the body and find nothing. Extremely disapointed, We asked April why We weren't informed of this as She wouldn't have ordered this had She known. She smiled and said next time We could order it the other way, and left our table. I do believe she had opportunity to explain this when requested further info from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysNoiseyDined on 8/16/2014Keith and his staff always go the extra mile. Food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RS12Dined on 8/15/2014We were with a group of 6 and sat in the west side of the restaurant for the first time. This section was quite loud and we found it harder to talk amongst ourselves. Our server was good but definitely busy in the section. The food was great as always. Will definitely come back but hope to be seated in another section.Special Features:
- Our night out without the kids!SuperbdiningDined on 8/15/2014We had an awesome experience at the Keg. I loved that I was able to make a reservation. There is nothing worse then going to GP for supper and having to wait an hour to get a table for supper. However, with living on a budget our trips to the Keg are few and far between. This was a special occasion, we took my brother and sister-in-law out for thanks for him helping with a huge home renovation. This is not dining that they are used to at all and that made the experience even more fun to watch them thoroughly enjoy themselves. We had an awesome meal and a wonderful time! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Questionable serviceOutandaboutDined on 8/15/2014We were in Grand Prairie for a fastball tournament. On arrival we were seated promptly, and then waited. After 10 minutes I asked a server who our server might be. A couple of minutes later a woman arrived. Explained that she was our server but she was dealing with a computer glitch, was trying to get some others out of the restaurant who were waiting impatiently, and that it would be a few minutes before she could take our drink order. I told her that this wasn't acceptable--we didn't even have water. I asked if someone else could take our order--"no", but she would have someone bring water. In total, it took approximately 20 minutes to get drinks. Salad ordered without dressing came with it. Have to say that the entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy with the seating and tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Next time if I go back I will make sure to ask for a booth as the table was in a corner right next to washrooms the waiter came right in between our table to serve the next table was really unhappy with the whole setup.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in GPRocksfoodDined on 8/15/2014Went for out 10 year anniversary and our table was ready as soon as we walked in at 6:30 on a Friday. Had really good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accessible KegOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Thank you for having an online reservation option and making it so user friendly and accessible. The popularity of the Keg, causes frustration when hungry people have to stand in line for long periods of time so being able to book reservations on line is a gem! In addition, the follow up confirmation phone call was very polite and a great reminder. The food and service was, as always, really great!Special Features:
- Great!KyralDined on 8/15/2014We had a lovely time with great good and awesome service!Special Features:
- perfect steaksweetgVIPDined on 8/13/2014simply steak I had this night was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- julzDined on 8/12/2014Our food was not that great, had to send back, but the staff looked after us.
- Top notchMquintanaDined on 8/10/2014Great restaurant we had to wait for our table but hostesses made sure we had a drink. Nice touch. Server was friendly and food was prompt. Great taste and quality. Worth the extra $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.