The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
10532 100th Ave
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0V8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kegsteakhouse.com/en/
- Phone: (780) 539-6699
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Dining Room: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Darrel Johannson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private Catering is available. Bookings through The General Manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Two areas available for semi-private and private dining. Semi-Private 8 guests. Private minimum 35 guests to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nixie Homme 7805396699
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie - Best Restaurants in Grande Prairie ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)good for groups (89)romantic (63)fit for foodies (43)hot spot (36)neighborhood gem (33)kid-friendly (30)notable wine list (28)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Staff was amazing and very welcoming. Good was perfect and delicious!! Can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entrance is too smallHorribleExitDined on 11/15/2014With the lounge downstairs under repair the entrance was super crammed with people I found leaving the restaurant after dining was quite a challenge. A spectate exit would be nice as the waiting guests were making rarks about how long they have been waiting and they hope they get our table now that we were finally done. It really kills the overall dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineluv2dineDined on 11/15/2014It was another fabulous meal!! Food was fantastic & our server was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Good food and service. Was a background noise we were bothered by. like a motor needing reparSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday party supperLuv2dineDined on 11/9/2014We attended for a bday party supper for my sister and the food was perfect. The ambiance was good and it wasn't too noisy. Great time while we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Even tho we had a reservation, we still had to wait for 20 minutes. Not real happy about thatI would recommend this to a friend.
- LoungeLove2dineDined on 11/8/2014We have been more than 15 times at the Grande Prairie Keg and every time was the best than the last, we always go downstairs to enjoy each other's company or the company of our friends. This time we had no choice but to go upstairs to the dining area where of course people bring their kids. I have nothing against kids and those parents who chose to take their kids to Keg but when I go to Keg it's my time not to listen to kids screaming and parents yelling at their children. Sorry not for me I love the KEG and I personally will chose it over any restaurants in town so I cannot wait to lounge to pen up so we can go and enjoy our time and a great food Thank youSpecial Features:
- great night as alwaysgpdinnersDined on 11/8/2014we love our nights out with our friends to the keg. This evening was no exception...our only complaint was due to a flooded area in the lower level we couldnt have another drink or relax after dinner to chat because they needed the table so we were rushed off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014We went there for my daughters birthday as a family of 5. Service was excellent. The portion size of my sirloin oscar was not what I was used to or what I expected. And the prices have gone up. I am OK with that because we rarely eat out and this experience reenforces that fact that I am not missing anything other than my money in my pocket. The restaurant was louder than what I consider comfortable. I do not mind paying for better however I do not consider that good value.
- StickDined on 11/4/2014The food and service were very good the steak was cooked perfect .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our steaks were done to perfection and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do it wright this first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014When the food finally came it was over cooked and sent it back. When the new order came it was done perfect like it should have been in the first placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money spentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014When a plate comes out to hot to touch that tells me it has been sitting under a heat light while some one elses food is beeing cooked. My $35.00 steak was full of stringy gristle. My 11 year old sons steak was ordered medium and was served rare. The others in my party all had negative reviews on their meals also. But it's the Keg and no matter how bad it is you know we will be back... Maybe.
- satisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014the service was great the waiter seemed a little nervous but over all he did a great job. food was awesome. atmosphere was not to bad we could hear what was being said we didn't have to yell to be heard and there was a lot of people in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarygreatnightoutDined on 10/30/2014The service was great and the food was delicious! Enjoyed our anniversary supper :)Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningYumyumx2Dined on 10/29/2014I had a wonderful dinner with my fiancé with our twins able to accommodate us with a booth it was amazing supper had a very good waitress too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and wine are great but serviceReddyDined on 10/22/2014The ambience is great , but the menu need to get updated portion size are huge. Need better serving standards for a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Always good foodHungry1Dined on 10/22/2014Every visit is very consistent in that the service is good and food is tasty.Special Features:
- SmphilDined on 10/21/2014our service was outstanding for how busy the night was. Our waitress was really knowledgeable on the wine selection while providing us with delicious food prompt from the kitchen, who prepared our steaks to perfection. The large table beside us would be the only complaint, they were overly loud and more obnoxious after several drinks. We were surprised that they were not once to be more courteous of the other customers dining. That was our only dissappointment for our party of 5. Will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Beverages & ServiceRollingThunderDined on 10/20/2014Great selection of all types of wines and spirits. Staff has good insight on the inventory. Water has become a choice of beverage, I saw exceptional attention to this which could be viewed as minor. Salad, 9 out of 10, steak 7 oz filet, 9.5 out of 10; vegetables 5 out of 10, quality was evident prep was off. Staff is top notch from the front right through to when you exit the building. 8 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulWinterDined on 10/18/2014We had a great experience. Great food and drinks. Fantastic night by all 6 of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was my first but certainly not last time at The Keg! Overall it was a dining pleasure...great food, great service! It was however, noisy! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out!PartyGalsDined on 10/16/2014Celebrated daughter turning 21! Very accommodating, room to the side as requested. Food was excellent! Service was wonderful! Can't wait until I get to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Nice big starter salad, dinner rolls were a bit tough.Special Features:
- Averagebig4steakDined on 10/15/2014have been here many many many times, a good place to go for special occasions or with friends, a little to expensive to go out alot, & maybe a few more smiles from staff. Remember we have a sawmill mill now & will probably try next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little offLavSharDined on 10/11/2014We are very good customers of your Keg we brought visitors from Calgary to the restaurant on Oct 11 and our meal (the steaks) were all done I correctly - we changed them up ourselves but still ended up leaving a large amount very rare steak on my husbands plate. We have come to rely on The Keg as the best place for steaks, but this was not one of those times. The wine you were featuring was amazing Beringer cab Sauvignon but very pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Awesome!Driller05Dined on 10/10/2014We both saw the Fall Features menu and ordered from that. Always excellent food at this location and wine is also paired nicely with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go to placecustomDined on 10/7/2014We always go to The Keg in Grande Prairie when we want a good meal. The food at every other restaurant in GP is hit and miss at best, usually a miss. The worst part is that that is just the tip of the iceberg, the service at every other restaurant is awful as well. IF any other restaurant in GP could figure out how The Keg trains or manages its staff they would be doing themself a huge favour.Special Features:
- ExcellentlovesteakDined on 10/3/2014We spent a very enjoyable evening at the Keg with our granddaughter and her boyfriend. The food was excellent and the service was very good too. We would thoroughly recommend the Keg to friends or family of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseBlueskyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I must say that the food and service is great. But it is a VERY noisy restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love the keg!Keg4LifeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Make a reservation. GP Keg is always busy. I always live eating at the keg. It's reliable for consistent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The overall experience was amazing . The lighting levels were perfect to set a warm and intimate experience for couples . The lay out of tables set the mood for conversion and no distractions from the rest of the restaurant , keeping the noise level very subtle . The service was perfect , I never felt like the waiter was too much there to interrupt the tables mood , but just enough to make sure we were happy . I had a very enjoyable time , and the food was absolutely amazing and at the perfect servingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAlbertagirlDined on 9/27/2014We can always count on the consistent service, food and ambiance!Special Features:
- DisappointedHorribleDined on 9/21/2014The hostess at the front desk wasn't welcoming and somewhat rude. We made a reservation for 5pm and our table wasn't ready for another 15-20 min. I don't understand the point of making a reservation then...I like to be on time hence why I made a reservation...Also, the waitress was good considering that the manager is obviously not qualified and gave her tables that weren't hers. Therefore making it basically impossible for her to give the service that patrons need/expect and reducing her likelyhood of receiving generous tips... Which is unfair and completely out if her control. Will avoid the Keg in Grande Prairie like the plague.
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Terrible service. This was the 2nd time I've been there and I was reminded why I never wanted to return after the first
- consistentrodbDined on 9/19/2014as usual the keg is very consistent with service and food quality. Other Grande Prairie restaurants should take note and follow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Margaritamama333Dined on 9/18/2014We love going to The Keg, it's always a great experience. It was our anniversary and the complementary wine was perfect. One thing that I would like to see is more vegetarian options or a pasta. As a vegetarian I'm pretty limited with the sides menu. I understand it's a steak house, but a lot more people are going meatless these days, and it would be nice to have at least a few options. Other than that we had great service and yummy food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceginggroovesDined on 9/18/2014Upon arrival, there was no hostess at the desk, and had to wait for a minute to be acknowledged. Finally, she greeted us, told them that I made a reservation at 7:00PM. Was delighted to see a special table set up they prepared for us. Our waiter is Mike and offered us complimentary sparkly. He was knowledgeable with the menu and specials and even gave us recommendations. Food portions are reasonable with the price range. I just find my steak a little over cooked (requested medium-well). Toppings on my baked potato are dry too : bacon bits and green onions. I feel like our table allocation is not romantic and cozy. We were seated next to a group of 8-10 people with kids and it kinda loud. It was an awesome experience.Special Features:
- TotoDined on 9/17/2014I really enjoy dining at the Keg, it is definitely one of the nicest restaurants in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smacktacular!HotToddyDined on 9/14/2014The service was amazing! My steak was cooked to Perfection with my shrimp skewer being succulent! Salad was juicy and crisp and spending time with my company was in the perfect atmosphere and dim setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.