The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
10532 100th Ave
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0V8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kegsteakhouse.com/en/
- Phone: 7805396699
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: Dining Room: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Darrel Johannson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private Catering is available. Bookings through The General Manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Two areas available for semi-private and private dining. Semi-Private 8 guests. Private minimum 35 guests to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nixie Homme 7805396699
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie - Best Restaurants in Grande Prairie ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Grande Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)good for groups (92)romantic (61)fit for foodies (44)hot spot (41)kid-friendly (33)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (28)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food and wine are great but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The ambience is great , but the menu need to get updated portion size are huge. Need better serving standards for a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014our service was outstanding for how busy the night was. Our waitress was really knowledgeable on the wine selection while providing us with delicious food prompt from the kitchen, who prepared our steaks to perfection. The large table beside us would be the only complaint, they were overly loud and more obnoxious after several drinks. We were surprised that they were not once to be more courteous of the other customers dining. That was our only dissappointment for our party of 5. Will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Beverages & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Great selection of all types of wines and spirits. Staff has good insight on the inventory. Water has become a choice of beverage, I saw exceptional attention to this which could be viewed as minor. Salad, 9 out of 10, steak 7 oz filet, 9.5 out of 10; vegetables 5 out of 10, quality was evident prep was off. Staff is top notch from the front right through to when you exit the building. 8 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulWinterDined on 10/18/2014We had a great experience. Great food and drinks. Fantastic night by all 6 of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was my first but certainly not last time at The Keg! Overall it was a dining pleasure...great food, great service! It was however, noisy! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out!PartyGalsDined on 10/16/2014Celebrated daughter turning 21! Very accommodating, room to the side as requested. Food was excellent! Service was wonderful! Can't wait until I get to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Nice big starter salad, dinner rolls were a bit tough.Special Features:
- Averagebig4steakDined on 10/15/2014have been here many many many times, a good place to go for special occasions or with friends, a little to expensive to go out alot, & maybe a few more smiles from staff. Remember we have a sawmill mill now & will probably try next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little offLavSharDined on 10/11/2014We are very good customers of your Keg we brought visitors from Calgary to the restaurant on Oct 11 and our meal (the steaks) were all done I correctly - we changed them up ourselves but still ended up leaving a large amount very rare steak on my husbands plate. We have come to rely on The Keg as the best place for steaks, but this was not one of those times. The wine you were featuring was amazing Beringer cab Sauvignon but very pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Awesome!Driller05Dined on 10/10/2014We both saw the Fall Features menu and ordered from that. Always excellent food at this location and wine is also paired nicely with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go to placecustomDined on 10/7/2014We always go to The Keg in Grande Prairie when we want a good meal. The food at every other restaurant in GP is hit and miss at best, usually a miss. The worst part is that that is just the tip of the iceberg, the service at every other restaurant is awful as well. IF any other restaurant in GP could figure out how The Keg trains or manages its staff they would be doing themself a huge favour.Special Features:
- ExcellentlovesteakDined on 10/3/2014We spent a very enjoyable evening at the Keg with our granddaughter and her boyfriend. The food was excellent and the service was very good too. We would thoroughly recommend the Keg to friends or family of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseBlueskyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I must say that the food and service is great. But it is a VERY noisy restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love the keg!Keg4LifeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Make a reservation. GP Keg is always busy. I always live eating at the keg. It's reliable for consistent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The overall experience was amazing . The lighting levels were perfect to set a warm and intimate experience for couples . The lay out of tables set the mood for conversion and no distractions from the rest of the restaurant , keeping the noise level very subtle . The service was perfect , I never felt like the waiter was too much there to interrupt the tables mood , but just enough to make sure we were happy . I had a very enjoyable time , and the food was absolutely amazing and at the perfect servingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAlbertagirlDined on 9/27/2014We can always count on the consistent service, food and ambiance!Special Features:
- DisappointedHorribleDined on 9/21/2014The hostess at the front desk wasn't welcoming and somewhat rude. We made a reservation for 5pm and our table wasn't ready for another 15-20 min. I don't understand the point of making a reservation then...I like to be on time hence why I made a reservation...Also, the waitress was good considering that the manager is obviously not qualified and gave her tables that weren't hers. Therefore making it basically impossible for her to give the service that patrons need/expect and reducing her likelyhood of receiving generous tips... Which is unfair and completely out if her control. Will avoid the Keg in Grande Prairie like the plague.
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Terrible service. This was the 2nd time I've been there and I was reminded why I never wanted to return after the first
- consistentrodbDined on 9/19/2014as usual the keg is very consistent with service and food quality. Other Grande Prairie restaurants should take note and follow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Margaritamama333Dined on 9/18/2014We love going to The Keg, it's always a great experience. It was our anniversary and the complementary wine was perfect. One thing that I would like to see is more vegetarian options or a pasta. As a vegetarian I'm pretty limited with the sides menu. I understand it's a steak house, but a lot more people are going meatless these days, and it would be nice to have at least a few options. Other than that we had great service and yummy food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceginggroovesDined on 9/18/2014Upon arrival, there was no hostess at the desk, and had to wait for a minute to be acknowledged. Finally, she greeted us, told them that I made a reservation at 7:00PM. Was delighted to see a special table set up they prepared for us. Our waiter is Mike and offered us complimentary sparkly. He was knowledgeable with the menu and specials and even gave us recommendations. Food portions are reasonable with the price range. I just find my steak a little over cooked (requested medium-well). Toppings on my baked potato are dry too : bacon bits and green onions. I feel like our table allocation is not romantic and cozy. We were seated next to a group of 8-10 people with kids and it kinda loud. It was an awesome experience.Special Features:
- TotoDined on 9/17/2014I really enjoy dining at the Keg, it is definitely one of the nicest restaurants in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smacktacular!HotToddyDined on 9/14/2014The service was amazing! My steak was cooked to Perfection with my shrimp skewer being succulent! Salad was juicy and crisp and spending time with my company was in the perfect atmosphere and dim setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNothappyDined on 9/13/2014Pretty sad, when you plan to go for a nice meal and you get food served that is not very good. I can cook better food then what we had
- louielouieDined on 9/13/2014had friends from out of town for wedding ann.-made res approx.4 days in advance-gave us table right by kitchen-able to see cooks with dirty aprons-asked to move -said they would see-15 mins later said they were waiting for other guests to leave and they would clean table -meanwhile I walked around and counted 4 booths and 6 tables vacant and set up-moved us - waitress mediocre at best- friend ordered prime rib -meal came and we thought it was "liver"- about one-quarter inch thick!!!! all in all a terrible experience-last 3 times not good!
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Steak was good, lobster was like rubber and the veggies were uneatable and the bread was tough not as good as the last time I was there, gonna try ricks next time.Special Features:
- perfect as alwayssweetgVIPDined on 9/11/2014As it is every time. the food was excellent staff friendly and helpful . simply perfect.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner Not DisappointedDoneJustRight01Dined on 9/11/2014The best Prime Rib that I have had... anywhere! Done just right and the Fillet Classic was excellent. This was our best dining experience we have ever had at The Keg. The waiter was very attentive and the entree came as ordered. Thank you for the complimentary bottle of champagne. We will be back.Special Features:
- Met the expectationRightupthereDined on 9/11/2014I recently visited the Keg in Grande Prairie, the food was excellent we were not disappointed. We have recently dined at some well know restaurants in Las Vegas and Hawaii and I can honestly say The Keg rates right up there with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keg TimeAnniversary2014Dined on 9/7/2014We usually choose The Keg for most important dates in our lives. This happened to be our 53rd wedding anniversary. The Keg has never failed us with any food item - always delicious! Even the simplest wedge of iceberg lettuce being icy cold and crisp drizzled with dressing, tiny tomato bits & "real" bacon bits made it look appealing. Best place to get a steak cooked the way you like and be juicy & flavorful. At home we only have desserts after our meal on the holidays, such as Christmas, but at The Keg we never seem to leave without having dessert. When our bill arrived, we were pleasantly surprized that The Keg had provided us with complimentary desserts. Thank you so much. See you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Felt a bit rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Overall excellent service - food was tasty and hot. I felt a bit rushed between courses ; like they wanted to get this table freed up... Can't complain about slow service for sure!!! The server was friendly and the orders were delivered perfectly; she just needs to slow down maybe a bit and allow for some leisurely dining!! Thank you for the free dessert for our anniversary ! It was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more varietyrodbDined on 9/5/2014The Keg was as it always is consistent food, and good service for Grande Prairie.Special Features:
- Eat SteakDoug55Dined on 9/3/2014If you are just going out as a couple I might suggest that you eat downstairs in the lounge as it is much more quiet and intimate. We ate upstairs and there was a very large, noisy table and it wasn't really cozy. When you go to a steak house eat steak. My meal was delicious but my husband ordered the chicken and ribs and he was not really impressed with the chicken. Overall however, the appetizers were excellent and the Caesar salad was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityDavidDined on 9/3/2014The Keg Steakhouse and Bar in Grande Prairie NEVER disappoints! It is very consistent, quality of the food is always outstanding - we got there on a regular basis, and have NEVER had a bad meal at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerDenisenewyorkDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday. We enjoyed the quiet area of the bar and our server was great. Our meals were prepared just like we liked it !! It was a wonderful date night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The Keg is always a good reliable dining experience, great good, great service and as long as you reserve no wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingShouldastayedhomeDined on 9/1/2014We were in the back room and the ac was cranked. We were freezing. The table beside us the ladies had their jackets on the entire meal. My husband and my steaks came out waaaay over done and looking like they has been in the window for sometime. Then 10mins later our kids meals came out. The waitress never did a quality check and did not refill any of our drinks. She also forgot to bring the bill for some time. It was a long cold disappointing meal and I doubt we will be back
- LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great food , location of seating was in a very busy spot next to kitchen entrance so was a non stop of traffic passing our table, it was very distracting. The tables are very small for a party of two. Needs some much needed upgrade to the restaurant and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 30thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice evening, server allowed us time to visit, food was very good (1 steak slightly overdone), an evening at the Keg is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster SummerHawaii14VIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful evening spent with good friends. Food was outstanding! Lobster was cooked to perfection and the backed potato crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The complimentary bread was the only downfall. It was brought hot to the table which is fantastic but it had been warmed in the microwave so turned tuff very soon. Would loved to had bread warmed the way it was originally done in the oven. Over all I highly recommend the Keg for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.