The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
500 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1E6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kegsteakhouse.com/en/
- Phone: 2503867789
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)scenic view (33)good for groups (18)romantic (17)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- One of Victorias Better RestaurantsDemandingDinerDined on 10/18/2014Made our reservation through Open Table and received the table requested. The waiter introduced himself and reviewed the Specials Menu. We ordered drinks and waited more time than expected just to get drinks. It took some time again before he returned to take our food order. Our appetizers came and before I was half way through, our salads arrived making a table for four much overloaded. We then rushed to finish our appetizers to make room for the salad plates. Upon finishing our salads, we waited another ten minutes for our main course. Finally, the bread arrived which I would have expected to see with the appetizers. The food was very good but service was somewhat sporadic and lacking. Good table service seems hard to find at times.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Waited 20min for the server to realize we were there! He apologized later, but this placed a poor impression on us already. Food was good as always for this chain. If it wasn't late & I knew where to go....we would've left at the beginning.
- Group dinner successCsidegirlDined on 10/12/2014Met our Uvic kids here with friends for dinner. Great little neighborhood walk before dinner. Nice view from upstairs. Service was great, steaks excellent. Appetizers were cold (calamari and crabcakes) and uninspired but we enjoyed our dinner and the visit together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and great viewMarathonRunnerDined on 10/12/2014Great view of inner harbour. Food was great. I would recommend the king crab over the lobster tail if you order the combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- docwattDined on 10/11/2014Busy night at the Keg, but they had us seated only five minutes after our reservation time. Attentive service from server Gill: there when needed, without hovering. Food was as usual delicious , and we received a bonus birthday cake without even asking. An exquisite two-hour experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saltyfoodyDined on 10/11/2014Escargot and tuna tartar was over salted, crab cake ok, steak, backed potato, and lobster was average, but little bellow average for the price level. Here is a hint, my guest and I order things because we like the taste, over spicing it (salt, sesame sauce), takes away from the taste of the main ingredient. Why bothering having salt and pepper on the table when the kitchen is overdoing it already.Special Features:
- Family dinnerdancingnannaDined on 10/3/2014We had an amazing dinner with our children. Now that they are all on their 20's we don't get together that often. this was the perfect place and had wonderful service. :Love the reno!Special Features:
- recommend 8oz classic/ RMred.luvakegclassicDined on 10/2/2014Classic Meal delicious. A half meal enough probably for 2 over 60 crowd - if you share bread too. Yummy with Robert Mondave RED!!! Great friendly service😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highlite to our tripfabulousDined on 9/29/2014Thank you to all the staff for making our meal so wonderful. Due to cancer treatments, this was the first opportunity for my husband and i to celebrate our 20th anniversary. So we and our good friends came to victoria for a mini vacation and had what my husband referred to as a fabulous meal. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service not some muchBellaDined on 9/26/20143 people ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection. Grilled chicken ordered as a add on was a bit dry. On the other hand, service was not up to par. 4 hungry people had to wait for at lease 20 minutes after being seated to get any service ... no even a glass of water ... we were not impressed.Special Features:
- Great server!!Vince2826Dined on 9/26/2014Service is outstanding with Scott Barber!! Recommend him as always!!Special Features:
- It was OK...TwinPeaksDined on 9/22/2014The prime rib had great flavor but it was tough. The twice baked potato was dry and the vegetables were lackluster. The ambiance was nice and the service people were very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for a couple thingsaltatravellerDined on 8/31/2014We had a corner booth with an amazing harbour view. the meals were great except 1 person ordered crab but they forgot the cracker and fork. by the time they found them, the crab was cold and had to be replaced. The service was on the slow side but guess that is to be expected on a long weekend Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was okhasselDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, my wife had recently broken her ankle, she could not do stairs, and it was seemed to have been a bit of a deal, made us feel uncomfortable, i get that it is a busy place, but to be able to make a switch for a 4 seating table up to down (which was done) without a hassle and making customer feeling like they created a problem, garlic toast was best i have ever eaten !
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great for steaks. Special of the month was cold water lobster, perfect pairing with a good steak. Service was very good and our table overlooked the harbor. Definitely would dine here again.Special Features:
- Two FloorsStudio2050Dined on 8/25/2014I wasn't aware the Fort Street location had a second floor with a darkly lit staircase. Can be a challenge for some folks. I would make note when making a reservation next time to request a table on the first floor. But the view from the second floor was lovely...Special Features:
- Good service substandard foodlove2dineoutDined on 8/22/2014We went for our wedding anniversary (33rd) with our family. We had a really nice waitress who looked after us very well. Considering this is the Keg, we were disappointed with the food. Cold chicken, over cooked asparagus, rubbery lobster (during Lobster Summer!) you would think by this far into summer they would have figured out how NOT to make overcooked lobster...just sayin'. This is our third underwhelming trip to the Keg. We actually went because we had gift cards......probably won't bother again unless we have gift cards. Dining out dollars are a precious commodity in our world and can't afford to spend them on food that is not so great.Yes, the service and the setting was great, but at the end of the day its the food that we go for.Special Features:
- Bring CashterriokDined on 8/19/2014Great service and food was good, but very expensive. I spent $260 for 4 people which included 2 appies which we shared, 2 drinks each, 4 entrees, no desserts + tip. Not a great selection of wine if you're buying by-the-glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDiningDivaDined on 8/17/2014It was nice to get great service along with great food. Rare combination. Only suggestion.....would have been nice to see our server with a little more support. I.e. Someone to bring bread, refill water etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster was amazing, great dinner!Paris49Dined on 8/15/2014We went to The Keg for our Anniversary. We chose it because of the lobster specials for August. As usual, the food was delicious. Steak was cooked to perfection and we both enjoyed the lobster. Had a great red wine, escargot apply was delicious-as usual. We were too full for dessert! We requested a nice, quiet spot by the window-which had an amazing view of the harbour. Service was excellent. We had a wonderful time and will be back!Special Features:
- OutstandingPixieStyxDined on 8/2/2014Someone gave my partner a gift certificate to this restaurant, so we decided to try it out for his birthday. It was amazing! Our waiter was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable, the food was beyond delicious (so tender! So flavourful!) and the opportunity to people-watch along the harbour is second to none. Will definitely be returning for other special occasions in the future.Special Features:
- mehhummingbirdDined on 8/2/2014Tables too close together, too many staff standing around in the way doing nothing, our waitress was wonderful though. The beef was excellent - but for the price is it too much to ask for a potato AND a vegetable, a garnish doesn't count. Generous and delicious calamari appy.Special Features:
- Sets the standard for great valueAaliaDined on 7/31/2014I have been going to the Keg since I was a child and went again the other night with old friends. The food and service is always so fantastic. I had Prime Rib, and, as always, no matter what I order, it was fantastic, succulent, and perfectly cooked. When I got the bill, and I was there for 6 hours with my friends, I couldn't believe how low it was for all that I had experienced. Great work guys. I'm so glad you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Great steak. Undercooked veg. Friendly server but very pushy with the up-sell.
- Great Place to Dine!YoshKoDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful service beginning with the Hostess to the waitress. Everyone was very friendly and service was 100%. Highly recommend any meal!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!LovethekegDined on 7/14/2014My boyfriend and I love dining at the Keg. Staff are always friendly and the food never disappoints. Also have a great dessert menu. Love the dark, romantic setting. Perfect for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Julian was excellent. He looked after our every need The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It a good choose celebrate date:)SunGirlDined on 7/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner at KEG , even if yesterday was Canada day very busy, but we could enjoy our food, although price not friendly, but I'm willing to go again:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinningEB54Dined on 6/25/2014The Victoria BC Keg provided us with the best prime rib dinner we have had in a very long time. We rate staff there the best out of all the dinning facilities we have eaten in. Thanks Keg for the wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 205 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street reviews archive.
- Father's Day SpecialHeartsContentDined on 6/15/2014We were seated immediately after arriving for an early reservation - 5:00 pm. The table was for two at window viewing to the southeast. We ordered from two specialty menu items - Father's Day Top Sirloin with Caesar Salad and Billy Miner Pie (dessert) at $47 and a Dungeness Crab and Steak dinner at $32. Both were done to perfection. We had a bottle of Rosemount Estate Shiraz with dinner at $36. The waitress was attentive but not hovering and very sociable. She earned an $18 tip for the hour we were there. As we left we noticed there were many people waiting to enter - make your reservation early. The restaurant is on the second floor of the old corner brick building which probably added to the sense of being removed from the busy downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!ElizabethDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food! My husband had the prime rib and I had the steak with the seafood topping. Both were delicious. Great service.Special Features:
- Expectations metOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I was really happy to have the seat I requested, a special thanks to Ian for that. Drinks were fantastic and food was out in a reasonable time. Great steak as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun and fabulous foodVictoriaGirlieDined on 6/7/2014We visit the Keg as much as we can. Their steaks are delicious and cooked amazing. Don't eat before you go, you'll be stuffed! Try their sweet mini desserts - mango brulee and chocolate brownie so goood.Special Features:
- Ocean viewAlbertDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful ! Great views and great service. Nice to be able to see the inner harbour while dinning. The waitress was quite attentive and made sure we had all we neededSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceServiceatthekegDined on 5/25/2014Service was exceptional. Wish I remembered her name so she could benefit from this. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, great viewRobertUKDined on 5/23/2014The oldest surviving Keg in Canada. The usual good quality food, supplemented by friendly and attentive service. I decided against the crab special when I heard that it included legs to be broken open ( probably a highlight for some but not for me), our server agreed that it was better to eat your food rather than fight it! The steak I had was first class .Special Features:
- FantasticJennSimonDined on 5/22/2014My girlfriend and I have been here couple times for our date nights. Both times, the service and the food were excellent. At our last visit, we had a new server named Stew? (I believe). He was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vic kegluvinVicDined on 5/18/2014service was excellent, food was delicious, drinks are a little pricey. We had a lovely window seat that overlooked the harbour.Special Features:
- First time thereAardvark7Dined on 5/13/2014We heard a lot about the Keg and were eager to try it. My wife is allergic to peppers and was very sad to find out they season all of their steaks with pepper. They said they could cook her one on an area they had not been using, but you can't get around the pepper. So she had crab legs. I had a filet, it was good, but you could taste the pepper. We have been to a number of steakhouses where no seasoning was needed to bring out a great steak taste. The sides were fine. Can't really hurt a baked potato. We did not have desert or drinks.
- I expect more for the priceOntheroadagainDined on 4/26/2014The ceasar salid was dead no taste. The steak was okay. The best part was billy miner pie. The service was below par. I expect more from the keg. Overall disappointedSpecial Features: