The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
500 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1E6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kegsteakhouse.com/en/
- Phone: (250) 386-7789
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)special occasion (32)romantic (19)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food and service, great viewRobertUKDined on 5/23/2014The oldest surviving Keg in Canada. The usual good quality food, supplemented by friendly and attentive service. I decided against the crab special when I heard that it included legs to be broken open ( probably a highlight for some but not for me), our server agreed that it was better to eat your food rather than fight it! The steak I had was first class .Special Features:
- FantasticJennSimonDined on 5/22/2014My girlfriend and I have been here couple times for our date nights. Both times, the service and the food were excellent. At our last visit, we had a new server named Stew? (I believe). He was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vic kegluvinVicDined on 5/18/2014service was excellent, food was delicious, drinks are a little pricey. We had a lovely window seat that overlooked the harbour.Special Features:
- First time thereAardvark7VIPDined on 5/13/2014We heard a lot about the Keg and were eager to try it. My wife is allergic to peppers and was very sad to find out they season all of their steaks with pepper. They said they could cook her one on an area they had not been using, but you can't get around the pepper. So she had crab legs. I had a filet, it was good, but you could taste the pepper. We have been to a number of steakhouses where no seasoning was needed to bring out a great steak taste. The sides were fine. Can't really hurt a baked potato. We did not have desert or drinks.
- I expect more for the priceOntheroadagainDined on 4/26/2014The ceasar salid was dead no taste. The steak was okay. The best part was billy miner pie. The service was below par. I expect more from the keg. Overall disappointedSpecial Features:
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014We had a fantastic evening just my wife and I. Our server Steve Hof was fantastic and did an amazing job. Would highly recommend going there and sitting in his section.Special Features:
- Never lets us down.Kahuna01Dined on 4/17/2014The food was as usual excellent and the service was five star. Couldn't ask for a better evening. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great MenuDemandingDinerDined on 4/12/2014The Keg has a great menu from appetizers to desserts. Prices are reasonable and the service is good to great depending on your server. If you want great food, I recommend The Keg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerGizmoDined on 4/11/2014Our server was attentive and courteous. The food was fantastic, love love the baked garlic shrimp and cheese toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime Rib at the KegButterfly59Dined on 4/11/2014We had our favourite prime rib dinner with my husband getting his prized end cut. Beautiful view over the water. Nice high-backed booth for privacy and quiet. Always a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner OutShelleyDined on 4/5/2014Dinner out at the Keg Fort Street was an enjoyable experience. The food was fantastic and from our table we enjoyed a great view of the harbour. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dining in VictoriafussydinerDined on 3/27/2014Glad to find a Keg where you can reserve a table in advance in such a convenient manner. Warm welcome with friendly staff who new their work. Food was superb and measured up to Keg standards across the country. The garlic mashed potato was not as hot as we requested but was taken back for re-heating in a friendly accommodating manner. No rush to get you through and out for the next group. Menu was very predictable but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmmmmazingDdaniielleDined on 3/23/2014Best date night by far. It wasn't overly crowded and loud. Comfy seating and and super friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceDemandingDinerDined on 3/17/2014This experience at The Keg was marked by two notable things. First, Alex our waitress, went out of her way to make sure everything was attended to perfectly and promptly. Second, the food was plated beautifully and cooked to perfection. This evenings experience was worth every penny and more. My last experience at this location was underwhelming, but I have to say this experience was worthy of a four diamond restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdarlindearDined on 3/15/2014Everything about my visit to The Keg was outstanding. Had a wonderful water view and our waiter was terrific. Had the filet mignon which was out of this world! I would say it is one of the best meals I have ever had. Only problem is that I don't live in Seattle so will probably be awhile before I can eat at The Keg again! I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backMikeDined on 3/8/2014The reservation was handle professionally, the server was courteous and friendly. The food was well presented and delicious. All and all good evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic SpotVictoriaDinersDined on 3/7/2014My partner and I always look forward to a special occasions that we can celebrate at the Keg: birthdays, anniversaries, welcoming friends and family to Victoria, etc. We enjoy the dining scene in Victoria overall, but whenever things need to be just right, we know the Keg is the right choice! You won't regret coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a lovely family dinner for my son's 19th birthday.. Great ambiance and service - just right for a special occasion.Special Features:
- I've had the pleasure of diningTheKonaKidDined on 3/1/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant for over 35 years now and I have never been disappointed. While much has changed over this time frame in terms of the space, layout and menu - the food and atmosphere remain top notch. We took advantage of the "Dine around Victoria" promotion and I opted for the $30 menu choices. Ceasar salad to start (dressing was a little too heavy), pecan and goat cheese crusted sirloin for my main and Billy Miner pie for dessert! Aside from the dressing, the meal was perfect and a great value. I was very pleased to see that the portion sizes were NOT reduced as we have found some at some other dining establishments during this promotion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best nightJessDined on 3/1/2014Firstly, even with a reservation we waited 30 mins to be seated. It all seemed so disorganized. Our server was awesome!! The only good par to the night... Food came out badly warm and wasn't great (wasn't bad either) I would try going again maybe when they weren't so busy. For the price I expected more....
- Dependable service & qualityNamoanDined on 2/28/2014A good choice for a fun and good value dinner for your teenage and older children.Special Features:
- Be a Tourist in your cityRetiredDined on 2/28/2014This promotion was a great deal. A three-course meal for $30 or $40. We found it a lot of food, but having been to the Keg previously, knew to order two meals for four people. It was plenty and we were stuffed. Food was excellent, steak and prime rib cooked exactly as we liked. Calamari was very good. We found it expensive and went becaues of the promotional weekend and a gift card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it !!!DottDined on 2/24/2014The only thing better than the food is the service. We love The Keg and it is our destination for every "date night" , which with 2 kids under the age of 3 at home doesn't happen as often as we'd like. We had another wonderful experience at The Keg downtown Vic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can not go wrong at The KegdustytrailsDined on 2/22/2014The Keg is great. Been going for years. Know what to expect everytime. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointTheoriusDined on 2/22/2014Hadn't been to the Keg in a couple of years and was pleased to find it much the same as before. A tad expensive but very good quality and service. Classic billy miner pie still the best desert in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemeandherDined on 2/16/2014Went to this location for the night of our engagement while in Victoria BC. Suggest making reservations for best table location. Others were seated before us however, their seats were not along the window and not as good of seating. Great service and great food.Special Features:
- not so badkeggerDined on 2/14/2014Had the filet mignon which was tasty! Appys are good but nothing fancy. Drinks were okay but expensive for 'keg size' which is not much bigger than regular size. Meal was filling so didn't try desert. I would probably only come back if I reaaallly want expensive steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine RetreatBLSmidDined on 2/14/2014Very nice Valentine Dinner. Great food. Knowledgable and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We always have a great time at the Keg. Doesn't matter if it's a big group or just an intimate dinner for 2. Steaks are always done to perfection, staff are always polite and that's why we come back. Its just a great restaurant with great food and great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty night outDelsterXDined on 2/14/2014The steak and lobster were cooked to perfection! Nothing negative to say here everything so good and portions will leave you satisfied without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatBarryTDined on 2/13/2014Very expensive for what you get. A salad with "browning" lettuce and a ceasar dressing that gave all of us indigestion. Steak was mediocre at best. Used to be a place to look forward to, not a place not to return to.
- This was one of the best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014This was one of the best dining experiences in many years. Everything, from the welcome at the front door to the table with the beautiful harbor view, including their care in accommodating my food sensitivities was wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary and special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014We enjoy The Keg because it is consistent. I first tried goat cheese here, on top of a steak with pecans... and I loved it! A staple classic for me. We love the view, ask for a table with one if you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for a special birthdaySoulsearcherDined on 1/18/2014We went for a special birthday dinner. Steaks were done to perfection. We had a wonderful time. Great service.Special Features:
- The Keg at Fort and Wharf.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014Always a special treat to go here for dinner at this location. The downtown location near the Inner harbor, the warm and inviting ambiance inside and the friendly and efficient service have always been a treat for us celebrating a special occasion...and the steaks....well you just have to say YUM I'm in Heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad neighboursOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014The restaurant was good except they sat us way to close to another table. Table foe 10 or 12 pulled apart To make two tables of 5, the neighbours were very loud & very rude. It ruined our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to a lot of restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I have been to a lot of restaurants but by far best service I've ever had in my life and really awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and services wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food and services were great on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, even though we had booked a table two weeks in advance, we were assigned a spot right by the entrance. It was drafty, cool and noisy and kind of ruined the experience.Special Features:
- Disapointment3333Dined on 12/31/2013After having our food and relaxing with a coffee which we had to ask for because it was not offered the manager came to tell us that because of the evening being busy it would be appreciated if we would move or leave. Very professional Not our problem if you overbook your restaurant. Didn't appreciate girls walking around keeping track of how far along we were with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingPositive1Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and I really enjoy dining at the Keg, so much that we probaly dine there approximately 4 or 5 times every year. We went to the Fort Street location thie New Years for a 5:30pm sitting. As always, the consistency of the food was spot on, quality of service (our waiter) was fantastic. I understand the concept that the Management/Owners are trying to accomodate to get as get as many tables through as possible. I believe our waiter told us that there were approximately 600 reservations. You could definitely tell that it was not the normal Keg Dining experience that we usually receive. We felt just like a number and not a guest. Our bill $140 approximately, we would have hoped that our whole experience was a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.