The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
500 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1E6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kegsteakhouse.com/en/
- Phone: 2503867789
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
Bar: Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Fort Street reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)scenic view (31)good for groups (15)romantic (15)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OutstandingdarlindearDined on 3/15/2014Everything about my visit to The Keg was outstanding. Had a wonderful water view and our waiter was terrific. Had the filet mignon which was out of this world! I would say it is one of the best meals I have ever had. Only problem is that I don't live in Seattle so will probably be awhile before I can eat at The Keg again! I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backMikeDined on 3/8/2014The reservation was handle professionally, the server was courteous and friendly. The food was well presented and delicious. All and all good evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic SpotVictoriaDinersDined on 3/7/2014My partner and I always look forward to a special occasions that we can celebrate at the Keg: birthdays, anniversaries, welcoming friends and family to Victoria, etc. We enjoy the dining scene in Victoria overall, but whenever things need to be just right, we know the Keg is the right choice! You won't regret coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a lovely family dinner for my son's 19th birthday.. Great ambiance and service - just right for a special occasion.Special Features:
- I've had the pleasure of diningTheKonaKidDined on 3/1/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant for over 35 years now and I have never been disappointed. While much has changed over this time frame in terms of the space, layout and menu - the food and atmosphere remain top notch. We took advantage of the "Dine around Victoria" promotion and I opted for the $30 menu choices. Ceasar salad to start (dressing was a little too heavy), pecan and goat cheese crusted sirloin for my main and Billy Miner pie for dessert! Aside from the dressing, the meal was perfect and a great value. I was very pleased to see that the portion sizes were NOT reduced as we have found some at some other dining establishments during this promotion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best nightJessDined on 3/1/2014Firstly, even with a reservation we waited 30 mins to be seated. It all seemed so disorganized. Our server was awesome!! The only good par to the night... Food came out badly warm and wasn't great (wasn't bad either) I would try going again maybe when they weren't so busy. For the price I expected more....
- Dependable service & qualityNamoanDined on 2/28/2014A good choice for a fun and good value dinner for your teenage and older children.Special Features:
- Be a Tourist in your cityRetiredDined on 2/28/2014This promotion was a great deal. A three-course meal for $30 or $40. We found it a lot of food, but having been to the Keg previously, knew to order two meals for four people. It was plenty and we were stuffed. Food was excellent, steak and prime rib cooked exactly as we liked. Calamari was very good. We found it expensive and went becaues of the promotional weekend and a gift card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it !!!DottDined on 2/24/2014The only thing better than the food is the service. We love The Keg and it is our destination for every "date night" , which with 2 kids under the age of 3 at home doesn't happen as often as we'd like. We had another wonderful experience at The Keg downtown Vic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can not go wrong at The KegdustytrailsDined on 2/22/2014The Keg is great. Been going for years. Know what to expect everytime. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointTheoriusDined on 2/22/2014Hadn't been to the Keg in a couple of years and was pleased to find it much the same as before. A tad expensive but very good quality and service. Classic billy miner pie still the best desert in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemeandherDined on 2/16/2014Went to this location for the night of our engagement while in Victoria BC. Suggest making reservations for best table location. Others were seated before us however, their seats were not along the window and not as good of seating. Great service and great food.Special Features:
- not so badkeggerDined on 2/14/2014Had the filet mignon which was tasty! Appys are good but nothing fancy. Drinks were okay but expensive for 'keg size' which is not much bigger than regular size. Meal was filling so didn't try desert. I would probably only come back if I reaaallly want expensive steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine RetreatBLSmidDined on 2/14/2014Very nice Valentine Dinner. Great food. Knowledgable and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We always have a great time at the Keg. Doesn't matter if it's a big group or just an intimate dinner for 2. Steaks are always done to perfection, staff are always polite and that's why we come back. Its just a great restaurant with great food and great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty night outDelsterXDined on 2/14/2014The steak and lobster were cooked to perfection! Nothing negative to say here everything so good and portions will leave you satisfied without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatBarryTDined on 2/13/2014Very expensive for what you get. A salad with "browning" lettuce and a ceasar dressing that gave all of us indigestion. Steak was mediocre at best. Used to be a place to look forward to, not a place not to return to.
- This was one of the best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014This was one of the best dining experiences in many years. Everything, from the welcome at the front door to the table with the beautiful harbor view, including their care in accommodating my food sensitivities was wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary and special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014We enjoy The Keg because it is consistent. I first tried goat cheese here, on top of a steak with pecans... and I loved it! A staple classic for me. We love the view, ask for a table with one if you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for a special birthdaySoulsearcherDined on 1/18/2014We went for a special birthday dinner. Steaks were done to perfection. We had a wonderful time. Great service.Special Features:
- The Keg at Fort and Wharf.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014Always a special treat to go here for dinner at this location. The downtown location near the Inner harbor, the warm and inviting ambiance inside and the friendly and efficient service have always been a treat for us celebrating a special occasion...and the steaks....well you just have to say YUM I'm in Heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad neighboursOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014The restaurant was good except they sat us way to close to another table. Table foe 10 or 12 pulled apart To make two tables of 5, the neighbours were very loud & very rude. It ruined our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to a lot of restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I have been to a lot of restaurants but by far best service I've ever had in my life and really awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and services wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food and services were great on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, even though we had booked a table two weeks in advance, we were assigned a spot right by the entrance. It was drafty, cool and noisy and kind of ruined the experience.Special Features:
- Disapointment3333Dined on 12/31/2013After having our food and relaxing with a coffee which we had to ask for because it was not offered the manager came to tell us that because of the evening being busy it would be appreciated if we would move or leave. Very professional Not our problem if you overbook your restaurant. Didn't appreciate girls walking around keeping track of how far along we were with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingPositive1Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and I really enjoy dining at the Keg, so much that we probaly dine there approximately 4 or 5 times every year. We went to the Fort Street location thie New Years for a 5:30pm sitting. As always, the consistency of the food was spot on, quality of service (our waiter) was fantastic. I understand the concept that the Management/Owners are trying to accomodate to get as get as many tables through as possible. I believe our waiter told us that there were approximately 600 reservations. You could definitely tell that it was not the normal Keg Dining experience that we usually receive. We felt just like a number and not a guest. Our bill $140 approximately, we would have hoped that our whole experience was a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good time as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013We had a good time as usual when we were at the Keg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We were celebrating our 30th weeding anniversary and came over from Port Moody to stay in Victoria. Our first dining out experience together when we met was at the Keg in Coquitlam. We have been dining at Kegs ever since and it's one of our favorite restaurants. I was pleasantly surprise that you could make a reservation at the Keg in Victoria. We started out with a couple of great martinis and both had the steak special of the night. We ended with a couple of Monte Cristo coffees and were pleasantly surprised when we received our bill that the coffees were on the house. All in all we had an awesome time and highly recommend this Keg location of Fort Street in Victoria, BCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013Had Christmas Eve dinner here with our family. Could not have been happier. The food was delicious. The service was outstanding. It was perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013As always, the Keg is a reliable choice for upscale casual dining. Good steak and seafood options, although I think they should offer a white fish dish. The restaurant is a two level layout in a noce modern decor, with the upper floor having great views of Victoria's Inner harbour from window seats. The service was good and the food was hot and quite flavourful. Value is good and we will return.Special Features:
- Nice for a special occasionShawnaDined on 12/24/2013Third time going for Xmas Eve. Very nice atmosphere, service and food. Nice that you stay open for the dinner hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardsStarbucknaVIPDined on 12/23/2013Cold breeze in sitting area - had to relocate to new table (after asking twice). Server was slow, Meal was incorrectly prepared and had to be re-done, No bread offered. Waiter congratulated us several times for our patience, but no improvement in service or offer of compensation.
- Saturday night at the Keg Fort StbonappetiteDined on 12/21/2013The staff were all polite and helpful. The seating was a bit cramped. We were placed beside a very loud and boisterous group of people making conversation very difficult. Not recommended for romantic evenings out. It was hard to hear each other and the waiter. Would have liked to be asked if we would like to move because the noise level was ridiculous. The food was good but the ambience and atmosphere was lacking.Special Features:
- Just okay this timeChristine145Dined on 12/21/2013I went for my birthday and was slightly disappointed. I usually love going to the keg, but this time is was just okay. Our server was not good and often forgot what we asked for. Our entrees came while we were still eating our appetizers so we had to send the food back to be kept warm. By the time they brought it out again my steak was over cooked. The ambiance and view were great though.Special Features:
- Great reasonable night outBeaudogDined on 12/20/2013This was our first trip back to the Keg after a while. The previous couple of times we had found it a little too expensive for what you got and the servers seemed more interested in getting you fed and out the door. This time was completely different, our server was there just the right amount, asked when we wanted to have our food ordered and spaced the meal out very well. We never felt rushed at all. The food was typically very good quality and the bill, while not cheap, was still reasonable given quality, ambiance and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakCindyDined on 12/15/2013My steak was not cooked to what I ordered. I ordered medium and it came as rare. It was really red and bleeding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timePierreDined on 12/7/2013I would like to thanks the keg for the my last minute update to add two more person with no problem Thank you for your understanding jobSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013We always go to the Keg in Victoria when we get there. The food is always perfection, the service terrific and ambience is great. We will be back. Thank you for keeping up the standards so that we can always rely on your restaurant for a terrific treat! The Bogart'sSpecial Features:
- I had a wonderful meal here.tweedmanDined on 11/9/2013I had a wonderful meal here. Originally the reservation was for two, but my date had to cancel due to babysitter problems. I had already seen your menu and was looking forward to it, so I decided to go on my own. I called to switch the reservation to one and nobody gave me a hard time about it. I felt very welcome, and I think I got the table with view I had asked for. The food was great(I had steak and lobster tail, as was the wine and dessert. The waitress was wonderful and always there when I was ready for he next course or anything else. A totally awesome dinner even though I was eating alone. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off nightAmigrahDined on 11/5/2013I love the Keg. Been there lots and the food is always great. This time, however, was not the best. We both ordered off the feature menu, my wife had the Arctic char and I had the manhattan cut steak. My steak was not cooked properly and my wife's fish had a topping that was way too spicy. When we mentioned that the suggested sauce on the fish was too spicy, the waitress offered to bring us a new dish. We declined and just scraped it to the side. We were told that it would be taken off the bill, which it wasn't. Overall, just an off night at a great restaurant. I am sure that my experience is not the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.