The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
320 4th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2S6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/en/locations/AB/calgary/4th-avenue-keg/
- Phone: (403) 699-9843
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM,
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00 PM
Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM,
Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Keg Steakhouse and Bar 4th Avenue is pleased to offer Semi-Private areas for your event bookings. Please contact Shawn Hill with any inquiries you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Hill 4036999843x
- Special Events: We do accept large group reservations.
Please call for availability and information on group menus and pricing.
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: Located a mere 3 blocks from the 7th Avenue C-Train line. Closest stations are located at 1st St SW (McKnight - Westwinds) and 3rd St SW (Somerset - Bridlewood/Crowfoot).
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public street parking is widely available. Closest cross streets are on 4th Avenue and 3rd Street.
Underground heated parking is available through the Westin Hotel and may be accessed just off of 3rd Avenue, at a charge of $10.00 per hour.
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (78)special occasion (68)good for groups (66)fit for foodies (33)romantic (31)hot spot (28)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014The server seemed like she didn't want to be there. Took a long time to come back to our table and for us to order food. It does ruin a good birthday when you are wanting a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, good foodTiggerDined on 11/18/2014As always, the service was excellent as well as the food. The food arrived quickly and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunching at the Keg (Westin)BarryBDined on 11/14/2014On our recent business luncheon at the Keg (Calgary Westin) we were treated to the quality of food and service that this restaurant has become famous for. In my opinion, the Keg represents a much better value for your dining dollar than the other well-known steak house restaurants in the Calgary core. One of my lunch clients chose a Teriyaki Sirloin, the other Halibut Fish and Chips; while I selected the Steak Sandwich with Corn Chowder soup. According to my clients, each of their dishes were outstanding, perfectly prepared and well presented. I was much less impressed with the steak sandwich in that rather than a single cut of meat, this sandwich consisted of several outside slices of a steak-type roast on top of a flatbread. While it was cooked medium rare exactly as ordered, the meat was quite sinewy and the flatbread tasteless. I suppose this format is the Keg's take on a steak sandwich, but I would have preferred the classic "steak sandwich on garlic toast" that seems to be the standard. All in all, these are minor complaints. The service was exceptional, the wait-time reasonable during the busy lunch hour and we will not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good wine Food delivery can improveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Great Ambiance, great food (steak and prime rib), allow lots of time as the food delivery does take a while, especially with large groups. Love the J Lohr 7 Oaks Cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food are greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Me and my husband love to order the prime rib steak and rib steak every we go there. Great prices and the food are great.Special Features:
- Good food, poor service/mgmtUnspeakableDined on 11/8/2014We were seated promptly and it took over 10 minutes to Oder a bottle of wine. And the waitress walked away before we could order appetizers with it. When we ordered our appetizers we were not ready to order the main course yet. She dropped off the appetizers and walked away before taking our main food orders. It took 2h and 10 minutes to get through one basic dinner sitting. Waitress was a bit shy. Food was good but not as exceptional as the prices should convey. Serving size is decent though. Everything came together and all food was hot despite ordering 4 distinct and different meal which took different cooking times. Granted it was 20 minute from ordering from starters and 35 minutes from ordering for our main meal.
- Business lunch2dine4Dined on 11/7/2014Great for business lunches. Very energetic feel, good service and the menu would suit anyone on any diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joey77Dined on 11/6/2014As always, the Keg delivers great food, excellent and friendly service, and a very comfortable relaxing atmosphere. This location is especially friendly and organized!Special Features:
- DeliciousKikikinsDined on 11/4/2014Always delicious with wonderful service. Nice choice of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillbbackDined on 10/29/2014I ordered the salmon special and it was the best salmon I have tasted in a long time. It was moist and flavourful and the quinoa that came with it was a nice accompaniment. The service was great and the price was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very gooddddiner1962Dined on 10/23/2014Service from start to finish was very good. Welcome very nice, service was good and wine glasses filled frequently which is nice. Prices are up there but that's the keg I guess. I enjoyed my mealSpecial Features:
- Exceptional service; average foodCalgaryfoodiegirlDined on 10/19/2014The Keg has always been known for their steak and it is what they do best. While we had great service during our visit the food was somewhat disappointing as we ventured out for something other than steak. My husband had the ribs and was told that the side dish mentioned on the menu was not available and it was what he specifically wanted. My chicken supreme was overcooked with not a lot of flavor. Next time we'll be sticking to the tried and true steak or prime rib. Our server and staff were however extremely helpful.Special Features:
- Great service and tasty steaks1SteakGuyDined on 10/18/2014We made a reservation for 6:30 and were promptly seated. Our server (Elizabeth) greeted us shortly thereafter, took our drink order and explained the features. The tuna tartar appy was fresh and looked wonderful. My blackened NY was tasty and just a touch overdone – more M than MR but still juicy and wonderful flavor. My wife and son both had a 7-ounce filet that were cooked perfectly. the three-cheese butter with the bread was amazing. I can’t say enough nice things about our server. She was friendly, helpful, had great table maintenance and did not hover. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keg Westin CalgaryPalmsDined on 10/15/2014Great choice anytime, anywhere and for any occasion. They understand what today's demanding consumer is looking for in quality, great service and excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ManagementDineoutDined on 10/10/2014The service started out slow, taking a while for drinks. Appetizer came out and was good but when our main courses came out, we sent them back. ALL of the food we ordered was way overdone. We sent it all back and they re-made the meal. The second time was much better and the manager and our server were very apologetic and dealt with the situation very well. I would go back, we probably just got an off night in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceMmmmmVIPDined on 10/6/2014The service wasn't great. The potato didn't come with my meal, I was over half way done my prime rib when the waitress came to check to see how everything was. Normally the prime rib is amazing…. it wasn't that good. Was kind of disappointed on the overall night :(.
- Unusually slow serviceSlowtalkerVIPDined on 10/4/2014We were very surprised to have such poor service. We normally have no complaint with The Keg downtown but this night we waited an hour for any food, even though she had taken our entire order at the start. We had to practically beg for everything from wine to bread to meals. When my husband finally went and asked her if our meal might be coming soon, our waitress said "where are you sitting , I don't recognise you" If this was our first visit we would not return. Hopefully it was a freak occurrence.
- clearly a chain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The Keg wasn't terrible, but a poor option in Calgary where vastly better steak houses are abundant. It was hard to taste the steak over the excessive "keg spice." For restaurant pricing, the steak quality was very poor, though, the appetizers were an improvement. I won't be going back while living in Calgary.
- Not as good as usual.JamesVIPDined on 9/29/2014The Keg is usually a safe, solid choice for a good dinner. This visit was totally fine but far from great. We ordered two Tenderloin Classics, which again were fine but unspectacular. The service for the evening matched the food. All in all I will go back but was a but disappointed with this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014It may have been a combination of several factors. I know space is money but so is customer attendance. I found the table just a bit too close for my liking. I admit I do have a hearing disability and the fact it was crowded added to the noise level. Loud voices bother me and I try to avoid large gatherings. However, the food was awesome, the service was great and I will definitely be returning when in Calgary again. Perhaps if I had mentioned a quiet table because of my hearing, you no doubt would have tried to accommodate me. Exceptional restaurant indeed. Thanks for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceeatmupDined on 9/27/2014We had made a reservation, but were still held 30 minutes until they could seat our table. The manager came by to apologize and let us know that the house would be picking up the appetizers to compensate for the wait. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitlainDined on 9/27/2014If you are looking for a Keg this is an excellent choice. Seems more upscale than other Kegs. And the food and service are very good. Bar is good spot for a drink with friends as it is more spacious than a lot of bars. Is a bit noisy with people trying to talk over the music playing. Dining room is quieter.Special Features:
- DissapointinglunchVIPDined on 9/25/2014The Keg has always been a go to spot for consistent great steaks and fine food for me. A big let down when I took my son for dinner before the hockey game. The service was slow and not attentive at all which I chalk up to the fact that we did not order any alcohol. The food took over 40 minutes to arrive and was par at best, steak was over done and the crustiness of the sauce on my dish told me it had been sitting under the hot lamps for a while. As we were on a time line to get to the game we ate and left.Special Features:
- Great evening with great foodFoodie14Dined on 9/24/2014My boyfriend and I brought my parents to the Keg on 4th Ave the night before they were due to fly back to Ireland. They were majorly impressed with their meals, and found the food to be faultless. Another great night at The Keg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Keg Steakhouse - 4th Avenue SWBiffMalibuDined on 9/24/2014The food was fair only; the baked potato side was overcooked and dry and the side greens soggy. The prime rib sandwich was OK though and well-cooked. The service on the patio was terrible! It took our party 2 hours to be served and eat! Not acceptable for a working lunch. Highly overrated, expensive and very disappointing and my clients were NOT pleased with the delay!
- dinner at KegMaritimeAnneVIPDined on 9/23/2014The ambience is good for a downtown restaurant, decor is modern and the seating is great. However, not a busy night yet problem with our order. 2 in my group ordered prime rib medium and two ordered medium rare. All 4 were rare, and one was sent back to be fixed. A steak house should always be able to cook it to the degree requested, as steaks are the specialty.Special Features:
- Below Average ServiceDinerDined on 9/22/2014The patio was lovely, warm sunny day. Unfortunately, the waitress seemed unfriendly and stand offish. The service was incredibly slow, we sat at the Table for close to 10 minutes before we were asked if we wanted menue's. When you out for a work luncheon, one doesn't have a lot of time for lunch. I had the tuna tacos, which were good but asked for the salad as the side dish with the dressing on the side. The order came with a side of something, but when I put it on my salad (as I assumed it was the dressing), I quickly learned that it was the hot sauce for the tacos. Not a very pleasant surprise. There was no apology from the witress, however she did bring a new salad.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2014Service was terrible. We were seated and server asked us for drinks. And that was it for the next 10 minutes. No menus, nothing. She came back to take our orders and that's when she realized she didn't give us a menu. Then waited another 30 minutes for our food, which was cold when it arrived.
- CatVDined on 9/20/2014Good food & nice atmosphere, as always. Service was a bit lacking on this occasion, but good enough.Special Features:
- Excelent dinnerEstebanDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoy our meal also the service was ExcelentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just 'ok' this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I made a reservation for 12:30 and we had to wait until 12:45 to get a table. The server was training someone. But that didn't stop the tabel from not getting bread (or at least offered), water refills, or any follow up for when our food took 40 mins to come out. I also found the restaurant to look tired and worn out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Above Average PerformanceGoRidersVIPDined on 9/14/2014The Keg provided what we always expect - great steaks, cooked as per your instructions and reasonable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprising service problemsrundivaDined on 9/13/2014We were surprised that the serving staff at this location on this particular night, seemed to be a bit disorganized and struggling to keep up & get things right. For example, our server had to return to our table to double-check my drink order (Cava which was clearly on the menu), and then a different server tried to deliver our salads BEFORE our cocktails and our escargot appetizer, although we had specifically asked for the escargot to be delivered to the table as the appetizer course. We also were surprised to see kitchen staff delivering food to tables in the main dining room - this reinforced the thought that perhaps the waitstaff were somehow disorganized or overwhelmed. We will return to The Keg but hope for a better experience.Special Features:
- Great PlacePickyEaterDined on 9/10/2014The food and service was top notch. Laura our server was very attentive and pleasant. The food was cooked perfectly and brought out in a timely manor. The room had a good vibe to it and not too loud. The meal wasn't too pricey for a downtown location. I would recommend this place to anyone. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcall44Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great as well as the ambiance. My friend and I sat outside on the patio at the Keg on 4th street. It was a little noisy since you are right next to the road but that is to be expected. We go to the Keg on 4th quite often and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehLadyJVIPDined on 9/5/2014Meal was not what we typically would've expected. The food was good, but the steak was not cooked accordingly and we were missing some items. Wine selection is decent and is reasonably priced here so that is a plus. Our server seemed preoccupied, but managed to pick it up by the end of the meal. Will go back even though this experience was sub par to other visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebdclceatDined on 9/5/2014The Keg, as always, presented a great menu, great service and a wonderful experience. That is why we keep returning.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRLindsayDined on 9/3/2014I love the Keg on 4th! Great service and great menu. The Keg never disappoints, I have never ordered something I didn't love. Definietly my "go-to" for lunch with colleagues.Special Features:
- Very busyCanAusDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening at the Keg. I had received a gift voucher from this restaurant, and wished to enjoy it with my family. We chose a 7:30pm Sunday evening time period to visit. Unforunately, our food preparation was significantly delayed. We completed our dining experience at 10:00pm (without desert and without coffee/tea). The meal was well presented, and of adequate size. However, the 6 of us remarked that the steaks were all 'overcooked'. It seems that we were all slightly wrong on our expectations of preparation. Thus, although a pleasant environment was enjoyed, the lengthy time for delivery of a meal means that we will not be back.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedJohnTDined on 8/31/2014it was last day of the Lobster Feast, and they Ran Out of Lobster. would not do anything for us. Do not get the Peppercorn steak....sauce is so over reduced, it was thick and disgusting