The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
320 4th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2S6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/en/locations/AB/calgary/4th-avenue-keg/
- Phone: 4036999843x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM,
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00 PM
Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM,
Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Keg Steakhouse and Bar 4th Avenue is pleased to offer Semi-Private areas for your event bookings. Please contact Shawn Hill with any inquiries you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Hill 4036999843x
- Special Events: We do accept large group reservations.
Please call for availability and information on group menus and pricing.
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: Located a mere 3 blocks from the 7th Avenue C-Train line. Closest stations are located at 1st St SW (McKnight - Westwinds) and 3rd St SW (Somerset - Bridlewood/Crowfoot).
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public street parking is widely available. Closest cross streets are on 4th Avenue and 3rd Street.
Underground heated parking is available through the Westin Hotel and may be accessed just off of 3rd Avenue, at a charge of $10.00 per hour.
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (69)special occasion (60)good for groups (55)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (22)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service and tasty steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We made a reservation for 6:30 and were promptly seated. Our server (Elizabeth) greeted us shortly thereafter, took our drink order and explained the features. The tuna tartar appy was fresh and looked wonderful. My blackened NY was tasty and just a touch overdone – more M than MR but still juicy and wonderful flavor. My wife and son both had a 7-ounce filet that were cooked perfectly. the three-cheese butter with the bread was amazing. I can’t say enough nice things about our server. She was friendly, helpful, had great table maintenance and did not hover. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keg Westin CalgaryPalmsDined on 10/15/2014Great choice anytime, anywhere and for any occasion. They understand what today's demanding consumer is looking for in quality, great service and excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ManagementDineoutDined on 10/10/2014The service started out slow, taking a while for drinks. Appetizer came out and was good but when our main courses came out, we sent them back. ALL of the food we ordered was way overdone. We sent it all back and they re-made the meal. The second time was much better and the manager and our server were very apologetic and dealt with the situation very well. I would go back, we probably just got an off night in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceMmmmmVIPDined on 10/6/2014The service wasn't great. The potato didn't come with my meal, I was over half way done my prime rib when the waitress came to check to see how everything was. Normally the prime rib is amazing…. it wasn't that good. Was kind of disappointed on the overall night :(.
- clearly a chain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The Keg wasn't terrible, but a poor option in Calgary where vastly better steak houses are abundant. It was hard to taste the steak over the excessive "keg spice." For restaurant pricing, the steak quality was very poor, though, the appetizers were an improvement. I won't be going back while living in Calgary.
- Not as good as usual.JamesVIPDined on 9/29/2014The Keg is usually a safe, solid choice for a good dinner. This visit was totally fine but far from great. We ordered two Tenderloin Classics, which again were fine but unspectacular. The service for the evening matched the food. All in all I will go back but was a but disappointed with this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014It may have been a combination of several factors. I know space is money but so is customer attendance. I found the table just a bit too close for my liking. I admit I do have a hearing disability and the fact it was crowded added to the noise level. Loud voices bother me and I try to avoid large gatherings. However, the food was awesome, the service was great and I will definitely be returning when in Calgary again. Perhaps if I had mentioned a quiet table because of my hearing, you no doubt would have tried to accommodate me. Exceptional restaurant indeed. Thanks for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceeatmupDined on 9/27/2014We had made a reservation, but were still held 30 minutes until they could seat our table. The manager came by to apologize and let us know that the house would be picking up the appetizers to compensate for the wait. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitlainDined on 9/27/2014If you are looking for a Keg this is an excellent choice. Seems more upscale than other Kegs. And the food and service are very good. Bar is good spot for a drink with friends as it is more spacious than a lot of bars. Is a bit noisy with people trying to talk over the music playing. Dining room is quieter.Special Features:
- DissapointinglunchDined on 9/25/2014The Keg has always been a go to spot for consistent great steaks and fine food for me. A big let down when I took my son for dinner before the hockey game. The service was slow and not attentive at all which I chalk up to the fact that we did not order any alcohol. The food took over 40 minutes to arrive and was par at best, steak was over done and the crustiness of the sauce on my dish told me it had been sitting under the hot lamps for a while. As we were on a time line to get to the game we ate and left.Special Features:
- Great evening with great foodFoodie14Dined on 9/24/2014My boyfriend and I brought my parents to the Keg on 4th Ave the night before they were due to fly back to Ireland. They were majorly impressed with their meals, and found the food to be faultless. Another great night at The Keg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Keg Steakhouse - 4th Avenue SWBiffMalibuDined on 9/24/2014The food was fair only; the baked potato side was overcooked and dry and the side greens soggy. The prime rib sandwich was OK though and well-cooked. The service on the patio was terrible! It took our party 2 hours to be served and eat! Not acceptable for a working lunch. Highly overrated, expensive and very disappointing and my clients were NOT pleased with the delay!
- dinner at KegMaritimeAnneVIPDined on 9/23/2014The ambience is good for a downtown restaurant, decor is modern and the seating is great. However, not a busy night yet problem with our order. 2 in my group ordered prime rib medium and two ordered medium rare. All 4 were rare, and one was sent back to be fixed. A steak house should always be able to cook it to the degree requested, as steaks are the specialty.Special Features:
- Below Average ServiceDinerDined on 9/22/2014The patio was lovely, warm sunny day. Unfortunately, the waitress seemed unfriendly and stand offish. The service was incredibly slow, we sat at the Table for close to 10 minutes before we were asked if we wanted menue's. When you out for a work luncheon, one doesn't have a lot of time for lunch. I had the tuna tacos, which were good but asked for the salad as the side dish with the dressing on the side. The order came with a side of something, but when I put it on my salad (as I assumed it was the dressing), I quickly learned that it was the hot sauce for the tacos. Not a very pleasant surprise. There was no apology from the witress, however she did bring a new salad.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2014Service was terrible. We were seated and server asked us for drinks. And that was it for the next 10 minutes. No menus, nothing. She came back to take our orders and that's when she realized she didn't give us a menu. Then waited another 30 minutes for our food, which was cold when it arrived.
- CatVDined on 9/20/2014Good food & nice atmosphere, as always. Service was a bit lacking on this occasion, but good enough.Special Features:
- Excelent dinnerEstebanDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoy our meal also the service was ExcelentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just 'ok' this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I made a reservation for 12:30 and we had to wait until 12:45 to get a table. The server was training someone. But that didn't stop the tabel from not getting bread (or at least offered), water refills, or any follow up for when our food took 40 mins to come out. I also found the restaurant to look tired and worn out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Above Average PerformanceGoRidersDined on 9/14/2014The Keg provided what we always expect - great steaks, cooked as per your instructions and reasonable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprising service problemsrundivaDined on 9/13/2014We were surprised that the serving staff at this location on this particular night, seemed to be a bit disorganized and struggling to keep up & get things right. For example, our server had to return to our table to double-check my drink order (Cava which was clearly on the menu), and then a different server tried to deliver our salads BEFORE our cocktails and our escargot appetizer, although we had specifically asked for the escargot to be delivered to the table as the appetizer course. We also were surprised to see kitchen staff delivering food to tables in the main dining room - this reinforced the thought that perhaps the waitstaff were somehow disorganized or overwhelmed. We will return to The Keg but hope for a better experience.Special Features:
- Great PlacePickyEaterDined on 9/10/2014The food and service was top notch. Laura our server was very attentive and pleasant. The food was cooked perfectly and brought out in a timely manor. The room had a good vibe to it and not too loud. The meal wasn't too pricey for a downtown location. I would recommend this place to anyone. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcall44Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great as well as the ambiance. My friend and I sat outside on the patio at the Keg on 4th street. It was a little noisy since you are right next to the road but that is to be expected. We go to the Keg on 4th quite often and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehLadyJVIPDined on 9/5/2014Meal was not what we typically would've expected. The food was good, but the steak was not cooked accordingly and we were missing some items. Wine selection is decent and is reasonably priced here so that is a plus. Our server seemed preoccupied, but managed to pick it up by the end of the meal. Will go back even though this experience was sub par to other visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebdclceatDined on 9/5/2014The Keg, as always, presented a great menu, great service and a wonderful experience. That is why we keep returning.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRLindsayDined on 9/3/2014I love the Keg on 4th! Great service and great menu. The Keg never disappoints, I have never ordered something I didn't love. Definietly my "go-to" for lunch with colleagues.Special Features:
- Very busyCanAusDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening at the Keg. I had received a gift voucher from this restaurant, and wished to enjoy it with my family. We chose a 7:30pm Sunday evening time period to visit. Unforunately, our food preparation was significantly delayed. We completed our dining experience at 10:00pm (without desert and without coffee/tea). The meal was well presented, and of adequate size. However, the 6 of us remarked that the steaks were all 'overcooked'. It seems that we were all slightly wrong on our expectations of preparation. Thus, although a pleasant environment was enjoyed, the lengthy time for delivery of a meal means that we will not be back.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedJohnTDined on 8/31/2014it was last day of the Lobster Feast, and they Ran Out of Lobster. would not do anything for us. Do not get the Peppercorn steak....sauce is so over reduced, it was thick and disgusting
- not up to standardJanKDined on 8/31/2014not sure what their problem was, perhaps short staff and insufficient training, we waited far too long for our pr dinner cocktails and the waiter got one order wrong, with no rush on the replacement. long wait for appie order, long wait for clearing, long wait for food and one order was cold, both steak and potatoe. They did replace it but we were a party of 3 wanting to dine together for a b.day celebration. a supervisor came to apologize and offered to take meal charge off bill. That was good but the evening was spoiled - we would give them another try but not for a while - not up to the standard we've come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better2ndTimeDined on 8/29/2014We had a lunch a month or so and it did not live up to my previous Keg experiences or expectations. I had contacted the Manager to provide my feedback. He was kind enough to give us a gift certificate and asked us to give them another chance. This was well worth it - lunch and service was fantastic. thanks to the Manager for taking such an interest and wanted to redeem themselves to us.Special Features:
- Not overwhelmed but good steakBkerea66Dined on 8/25/2014I decided to go to The Keg instead of Caeser's or The Trib as I have eaten at these steak houses before but never The Keg. I had heard that they had great steaks. I had a Manhatten cut strip steak and it was cooked correctly and tasted better than I expected. It was not as tender as I would have liked but about what one can expect from a strip steak. The lobster tail I added was likely baked and that dries out the meat and pretty much ruins a good lobster tail. The service was friendly and very attentive. It was, however, extremely dark in the restaurant and when you first arrive you are almost blind while they lead you to your table. Overall, I would go again and try a different steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the KegOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service were great. The ambience a bit cold and the bar areawas packed. The couple sitting across from us werenot dressed for the spot. (or maybe they were) She had on what appeared to be a nightgown, he had a t-shirt and jeans. Not what you expect when you are going to what is supposed to be a great steakhouse in the downtown core.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night out2dayvacaDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great - food and atmosphere. Our server was not as present as we are used to though. We went with empty drinks for nearly 20 minutes during our meals which seemed bizarre for the keg service that we're used to. Otherwise it was a nice experience for my husband and I on our mini-vacation! They even took care of our dessert when we told them it was a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014The Keg at the Westin was "just right" for our business lunch meeting! The lighting was good, the noise level and location (privacy) of our table appropriate to discuss business. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewTomanddotDined on 8/21/2014My wife asked for her steak (fillet) to be well done but when it arrived at our table it was more cremated than well done. The waiter agreed that the steak was in edible and promptly returned it to the kitchen and served us a replacement in a reasonably timely manner. We were given a couple of free glasses on wine and a reduction in our bill as compensation and an abject apology from the head waiter. I have to say my steak was excellent and the service very good and can only assume the chef took his eye off the ball with the fillet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Time..BailyDined on 8/20/2014I can always depend on the Keg to give great service, great food and a hassle free, awesome time with my friends. Knowing that my friends and I can all focus on catching up, while the Keg takes care of the rest is why we always go back.Special Features:
- bigtasterDined on 8/20/2014Our group of 3 was seated 15 minutes later than our reservation time so we were quite annoyed, especially as it was lunch time and we all had to get back to work. When the bill came, another hostess came by and apologized for the slow service and she comped our whole bill. It was a very nice gesture and it made up for their error. Although our bill was only $60 or so, it ensured that I would go back for another visit. Thank you Keg!Special Features:
- Keg at the Westin on 4th AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Very friendly and professional staff. Food was excellent. we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary there and the Manager brought us a complimentary desert himself. Nice touch. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good for carnivoresmyfoodreviewsDined on 8/14/2014A more than normally upscale Keg. If you want a very good steak, served with all the standard trimmings - also done well - I highly recommend this place. The service is very good, and the ambiance quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014As always, everything was great. I love dining here. I've yet to find somewhere that make a French onion soup that good, and the sirloin oscar has me hooked. I was also feeling adventurous and tried a strawberry mojito, with low expectations, as most restaurant chains never seem to make it properly, but they know what they're doing here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.CLD300Dined on 8/13/2014good server, had to ask him to fix up our extremely lopsided table (I have no idea how so many lopsided tables get past managers, it totally ruins a dining experience), went for a business lunch there but it was so loud that I could not hear from across the table, lunch feature and salad was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.