The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
320 4th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2S6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/en/locations/AB/calgary/4th-avenue-keg/
- Phone: 4036999843x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM,
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00 PM
Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM,
Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Keg Steakhouse and Bar 4th Avenue is pleased to offer Semi-Private areas for your event bookings. Please contact Shawn Hill with any inquiries you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Hill 4036999843x
- Special Events: We do accept large group reservations.
Please call for availability and information on group menus and pricing.
- Cross Street: 3rd Street
- Public Transit: Located a mere 3 blocks from the 7th Avenue C-Train line. Closest stations are located at 1st St SW (McKnight - Westwinds) and 3rd St SW (Somerset - Bridlewood/Crowfoot).
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public street parking is widely available. Closest cross streets are on 4th Avenue and 3rd Street.
Underground heated parking is available through the Westin Hotel and may be accessed just off of 3rd Avenue, at a charge of $10.00 per hour.
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (84)special occasion (62)good for groups (60)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (22)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- Standard Above Average PerformanceGoRidersDined on 9/14/2014The Keg provided what we always expect - great steaks, cooked as per your instructions and reasonable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprising service problemsrundivaDined on 9/13/2014We were surprised that the serving staff at this location on this particular night, seemed to be a bit disorganized and struggling to keep up & get things right. For example, our server had to return to our table to double-check my drink order (Cava which was clearly on the menu), and then a different server tried to deliver our salads BEFORE our cocktails and our escargot appetizer, although we had specifically asked for the escargot to be delivered to the table as the appetizer course. We also were surprised to see kitchen staff delivering food to tables in the main dining room - this reinforced the thought that perhaps the waitstaff were somehow disorganized or overwhelmed. We will return to The Keg but hope for a better experience.Special Features:
- Great PlacePickyEaterDined on 9/10/2014The food and service was top notch. Laura our server was very attentive and pleasant. The food was cooked perfectly and brought out in a timely manor. The room had a good vibe to it and not too loud. The meal wasn't too pricey for a downtown location. I would recommend this place to anyone. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcall44Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great as well as the ambiance. My friend and I sat outside on the patio at the Keg on 4th street. It was a little noisy since you are right next to the road but that is to be expected. We go to the Keg on 4th quite often and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehLadyJVIPDined on 9/5/2014Meal was not what we typically would've expected. The food was good, but the steak was not cooked accordingly and we were missing some items. Wine selection is decent and is reasonably priced here so that is a plus. Our server seemed preoccupied, but managed to pick it up by the end of the meal. Will go back even though this experience was sub par to other visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebdclceatDined on 9/5/2014The Keg, as always, presented a great menu, great service and a wonderful experience. That is why we keep returning.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRLindsayDined on 9/3/2014I love the Keg on 4th! Great service and great menu. The Keg never disappoints, I have never ordered something I didn't love. Definietly my "go-to" for lunch with colleagues.Special Features:
- Very busyCanAusDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening at the Keg. I had received a gift voucher from this restaurant, and wished to enjoy it with my family. We chose a 7:30pm Sunday evening time period to visit. Unforunately, our food preparation was significantly delayed. We completed our dining experience at 10:00pm (without desert and without coffee/tea). The meal was well presented, and of adequate size. However, the 6 of us remarked that the steaks were all 'overcooked'. It seems that we were all slightly wrong on our expectations of preparation. Thus, although a pleasant environment was enjoyed, the lengthy time for delivery of a meal means that we will not be back.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedJohnTDined on 8/31/2014it was last day of the Lobster Feast, and they Ran Out of Lobster. would not do anything for us. Do not get the Peppercorn steak....sauce is so over reduced, it was thick and disgusting
- not up to standardJanKDined on 8/31/2014not sure what their problem was, perhaps short staff and insufficient training, we waited far too long for our pr dinner cocktails and the waiter got one order wrong, with no rush on the replacement. long wait for appie order, long wait for clearing, long wait for food and one order was cold, both steak and potatoe. They did replace it but we were a party of 3 wanting to dine together for a b.day celebration. a supervisor came to apologize and offered to take meal charge off bill. That was good but the evening was spoiled - we would give them another try but not for a while - not up to the standard we've come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better2ndTimeDined on 8/29/2014We had a lunch a month or so and it did not live up to my previous Keg experiences or expectations. I had contacted the Manager to provide my feedback. He was kind enough to give us a gift certificate and asked us to give them another chance. This was well worth it - lunch and service was fantastic. thanks to the Manager for taking such an interest and wanted to redeem themselves to us.Special Features:
- Not overwhelmed but good steakBkerea66Dined on 8/25/2014I decided to go to The Keg instead of Caeser's or The Trib as I have eaten at these steak houses before but never The Keg. I had heard that they had great steaks. I had a Manhatten cut strip steak and it was cooked correctly and tasted better than I expected. It was not as tender as I would have liked but about what one can expect from a strip steak. The lobster tail I added was likely baked and that dries out the meat and pretty much ruins a good lobster tail. The service was friendly and very attentive. It was, however, extremely dark in the restaurant and when you first arrive you are almost blind while they lead you to your table. Overall, I would go again and try a different steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the KegOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service were great. The ambience a bit cold and the bar areawas packed. The couple sitting across from us werenot dressed for the spot. (or maybe they were) She had on what appeared to be a nightgown, he had a t-shirt and jeans. Not what you expect when you are going to what is supposed to be a great steakhouse in the downtown core.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night out2dayvacaDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great - food and atmosphere. Our server was not as present as we are used to though. We went with empty drinks for nearly 20 minutes during our meals which seemed bizarre for the keg service that we're used to. Otherwise it was a nice experience for my husband and I on our mini-vacation! They even took care of our dessert when we told them it was a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014The Keg at the Westin was "just right" for our business lunch meeting! The lighting was good, the noise level and location (privacy) of our table appropriate to discuss business. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewTomanddotDined on 8/21/2014My wife asked for her steak (fillet) to be well done but when it arrived at our table it was more cremated than well done. The waiter agreed that the steak was in edible and promptly returned it to the kitchen and served us a replacement in a reasonably timely manner. We were given a couple of free glasses on wine and a reduction in our bill as compensation and an abject apology from the head waiter. I have to say my steak was excellent and the service very good and can only assume the chef took his eye off the ball with the fillet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Time..BailyDined on 8/20/2014I can always depend on the Keg to give great service, great food and a hassle free, awesome time with my friends. Knowing that my friends and I can all focus on catching up, while the Keg takes care of the rest is why we always go back.Special Features:
- bigtasterDined on 8/20/2014Our group of 3 was seated 15 minutes later than our reservation time so we were quite annoyed, especially as it was lunch time and we all had to get back to work. When the bill came, another hostess came by and apologized for the slow service and she comped our whole bill. It was a very nice gesture and it made up for their error. Although our bill was only $60 or so, it ensured that I would go back for another visit. Thank you Keg!Special Features:
- Keg at the Westin on 4th AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Very friendly and professional staff. Food was excellent. we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary there and the Manager brought us a complimentary desert himself. Nice touch. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good for carnivoresmyfoodreviewsDined on 8/14/2014A more than normally upscale Keg. If you want a very good steak, served with all the standard trimmings - also done well - I highly recommend this place. The service is very good, and the ambiance quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014As always, everything was great. I love dining here. I've yet to find somewhere that make a French onion soup that good, and the sirloin oscar has me hooked. I was also feeling adventurous and tried a strawberry mojito, with low expectations, as most restaurant chains never seem to make it properly, but they know what they're doing here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.CLD300Dined on 8/13/2014good server, had to ask him to fix up our extremely lopsided table (I have no idea how so many lopsided tables get past managers, it totally ruins a dining experience), went for a business lunch there but it was so loud that I could not hear from across the table, lunch feature and salad was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014It is difficult to find a restaurant that caters to children. We have found many will accomodate, but still not "kid friendly". When my husband and young daughters we made a reservation at the Keg. To my surprise, they had our table ready with a coloring page for each and their own set of crayons. That set the stage for our experience. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was steller! Thank youSpecial Features:
- One of the best Steaks in Town!HollabeeDined on 8/10/2014Have been there several times and was never disappointed (maybe that's the reason why I keep coming back...). Steaks are always grilled to perfection and my personal favorite, the Filet Mignon wrapped in Bacon, is just so tender! Also, it is one of the quieter restaurants in Calgary, so a perfect location for a business dinner or if you want to enjoy good conversation.Special Features:
- birthday dinner displeasedJessica6Dined on 8/2/2014Asked for medium well, came out extremely well. Lighting was way to dark, very straining on the eyes. Potatoes seemed like they were 1 day old. Seated in a high traffic area. Will not revisit.
- Very accommodatingMJLeungDined on 8/1/2014I ordered a cobb salad without chicken, extra pine nuts and avocado. They did a fantastic job on this and I liked how they did not drench my salad in dressing. The portion was large and I ate the entire thing!Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceKasey5Dined on 7/30/2014Our reservation was for noon for a larger group. We waited 15min to get seated. Our food order wasn't taken until 12:40. Food didn't arrive until 1:00. Not a good choice for lunch as the service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelibrationJanKDined on 7/25/2014Great evening, good food, good friends, good wine, good time. A thoroughly great evening. From the reservation, to reception and throughout the entire evening, service and attention were excellent. Food quality was top drawer and everyone enjoyed their meals. Would definitely recommend the restaurant to friends and business associates.Special Features:
- ho hum experiencediner1Dined on 7/19/2014was pretty shocked at service waitress was somewhere else on this night not very attentive. Had to send steak back three times. First time I mentioned to waitress that was supposed to be medium rare she tells me Our medium rare is pretty rare I just kind of looked around at other diners at table and thought this is the beginning of the end. By the time food arrived appetite went out the window other diners had already finished there meal. Was quite surprised as I eat there at least once-twice a month with fellow royal dutch shell workers .. I may take time for pause when asked next time if I would like to dine at the keg. Kind RegardsSpecial Features:
- LaullyDined on 7/19/2014The service from Jayson was amazing!!! The food was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceChrisMatthewDined on 7/16/2014Keg is known for its steak, but other items on the menu such as salad, the various appetizers, and seafood are good too. I especially like the French onion soup here, thick and flavourful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014Hostess sat us down and offered a complimentary appetizer, service was excellent food and wine dittoSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotBusinessMeetingDined on 7/11/2014Service was fantastic and enough choice on the menu without it being too much.Special Features:
- Awesomeker7890Dined on 7/10/2014Always a great meal and experience at the keg, highly recommended for work lunch.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Great service and food except your patio chairs are FAR too low for the tables you have out there. When I sat down the table was at my neck, I'm not sure how you are suppose to eat off something that high. You guys are in desperate need of new patio furniture. I would say it isn't possible to eat on your patio.Special Features:
- Pretty goodCarnivoreDined on 7/2/2014We were unlucky in that the extraction hood failed shortly after we ordered our steaks. The staff immediately let us know and even offered relocating us to avoid the smoke scent. At that point the kids were already set up with their crafts, and we decided to stay where we were. There was barely any smoke as they decided to cook our steaks on low heat setting according to the manager. This somewhat affected the food quality in that the steaks were a bit less juicy than we expected. Other than this little misfortune it is a great place with a nice romantic touch, extensive wine list, and good menu for kids.Special Features:
- steakloverDined on 7/1/2014I ordered a medium sirloin steak but I waited a very long time for it. The restaurant was not busy at all and when it finally arrived it was medium well. Not sure if the delay was due to the kitchen or the server problem. I did not get much service but I still left a 15% tips but the server just left my copy of the receipt on the table and left without saying a word.
- Disappointedmichpad1234Dined on 6/27/2014I was in calgary for a course and my husband flew down to celebrate my passing. We came to the keg! My sangria drink was warm with no ice. Full of chopped oranges with peels on! No cherries like the menu said. Our steak was over done and tough. I had the oscar. $100 bill and left so upset. No manager or supervisor checked on us. It was awful. Don't know if I would recommend or come back to this keg. Very disheartening!!! Saved up our money even to treat ourselves here. What a waste. :(Special Features:
- Great dessert!LuveatingDined on 6/27/2014Overall service was slower as we had to sit around between appetizers and then entree even though we were done but service was good and the creme brûlée was amazing! The filet minion was super tender but a little to salty. But overall it was a great experience and I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014Always great service at this location. Fast pleace to go for lunch. The salad was wonderful and steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features: