348 Depot St, Ste 190
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thejunctionasheville.com/
- Phone: 8282253497x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - close.
Weekend Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Junction's dining room (which seats 35-40) and bar, which seats up to 15; provide an intimate and unique setting for your private event. Whether its a baby shower, corporate luncheon, rehearsal dinner or family reunion, we would be happy to work with you to create a menu that suits your needs and meets your budget. We also do cocktail parties!
- Special Events: We gladly host private parties, rehearsal dinners, corporate luncheons, weddings, etc. Please reach out to Charles regarding your special event!
A word from The Junction
The Junction is the first full service restaurant in Asheville's River Arts District. We feature Southern-inspired farm to table fare and seasonal craft cocktails with fresh ingredients. We brine our fried chicken, smoke our pears, handcraft our soups and visit tailgate markets weekly. We make our own bacon and ketchup, squeeze cases of citrus each week for cocktails and work with other local, small businesses whenever possible. We invite you to join us after work for a casual beer and a burger at the bar, or to bring your beloved or whole family for a unique dining experience. Our menu features a combination of soups, salads and sharing plates as well as hearty entree options so that every dining experience is unique. Please visit our website to preview menus, as they change weekly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Junction - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
The Junction reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (38)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (26)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (13)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- LynneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Ask for Courtney! She's wonderful. The fried chicken and burger are both incredible. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouspreggoDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I have two young children, and finally got a date night to go out. We found the junction on OpenTable, and it was absolutely a gem. We had a great time, and the owners actually served us personally and gave us insight into their exquisite meals. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would be happy to recommend it to anybody.Special Features:
- Best Brunch In AshevilleHeyItsMaggieDined on 9/7/2014I love the constantly changing menu. Each time is like a new brunch adventure. The creativity behind the food is just amazing and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Junction never disappointschrissy12345678Dined on 9/6/2014This place provides a low key atmosphere with food that is to die for. Take some time and go relax and they will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitWriterandriaDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I live in Atlanta. This was our third trip to Asheville and our third trip to The Junction! We have to eat there every time we go. The food is so good. The menu is always creative. The sweet-tea brined chicken is a delicious menu staple, and so is the chocolate torte, but otherwise it seems like most of the stuff is new each time we go. The place itself is pretty small, but that adds to the ambience. I love going to the River Arts District area.Special Features:
- jewel of a find in ashevillehoodriverDined on 8/30/2014jewel of a restaurant off the beaten path that prides itself on innovation and presentation. cocktails well crafted, food expertly plated, and waitstaff very professional. vibe is low key funk. al fresco dining is for the adventurous who do not mind contending with an occasional train passing and the random flying insect. not much else in the area yet but worth the search!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not goodLuv2eatoutDined on 8/30/2014Disappointed in food...flavors not good, dried out. Would not recommend
- luvitluvavlDined on 8/29/2014food was delicious- seating not so great (by kitchen) would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple food done wellxmikexDined on 8/22/2014The food is very thoughtful and flavorful. Every bite is a treat. Price point isn't bad either, favorite 1 on 1 dinner spot in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining and flavorfulecsleeperDined on 8/22/2014When I go out to eat for a date night, I'm hoping for food that is adventurous and entertaining, not something that will just satisfy my appetite. Our visit to The Junction was right on target. From our first course of pan seared peaches which were a very flavorful tease, through our small plates of arugula salad, then pork bellies and the finale of pork rinds that were closer to a dessert than a main dish, everything was creative, full of different but well combined flavors, and something you love to share so others at the table can enjoy, as well as understand the reaction on your face. The Junction is located away from the main stream of downtown restaurant traffic and well worth the detour to the River Arts District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normally greatfoodfinderDined on 8/21/2014Food as always was home run. Some art show going on so people constantly hovering over table to view art? Had food left, waiter asked to pack it up. Never brought it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding on all accounts!CindyDined on 8/15/2014Do not miss this jewel in the River Arts District. Everything is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food in a hip settingaliglackDined on 8/15/2014The Junction is located in Asheville's up and coming River Arts District. It attracts an in-the-know foodie crowd and is enough off the beaten path to avoid being tourist-dominated. The menu includes amazing cocktail concoctions and an array of creative and delicious dishes. This was our first visit and I am guessing that the menu changes frequently given that ingredients are seasonal and locally sourced so I won't even tempt you with what we ate. I expect we will be back many times and can't wait to see what awaits us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014One of the first fine dining establishments in the river district of Asheville, The Junction maintains it's rustic look enhanced with an ever-chaning local art displays as well as first rate local foods in a small (five entrees on our last visit) menu. Small lively bar area with a few dining tables, plus inside and outside dining. Affable knowledgable service. Excellent takes on favorites such as melt in your mouth brisket or sweet tea brined fried chicken, and always a fresh and interesting vegetable dinner. It is a do not miss if you spend any time (or live) in Asheville.Special Features:
- Best Brunch Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Went to The Junction for brunch for a special occasion with the family. Had heard great reviews. The Junction did not disappoint. Outstanding food and service. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- GemJanetDined on 8/8/2014From the minute you enter until you leave...you are acknowledged and well taken care of. Food was stellar. Small menu with attention to detail. Everything we had was stellar. Farm to table delicious! Courtney took great care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but great peopleLiveitupDined on 8/8/2014The food was defiantly good, but the people were sooooo nice and attentive. The person that seated us was named Charles and he was genuinely happy to have us there as his guests. It's a little "foo foo" and pricey like a lot of places in Asheville but I would defiantly recommend.Special Features:
- Consistently tastyEricHVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food and drink never disappoint. Seasonal menu changes hit the right notes with fresh ingredients that are combined in unexpected ways.Special Features:
- LynneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Most incredible burger EVER! Fried chicken was incredible as well. Definitely worth going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Very impressive ,will recommend to friends and we will be returning at every opportunity.Special Features:
- Great placeLC15Dined on 7/31/2014I've never had a bad meal here. The food is excellent and the staff are incredibly friendly. The menu always has a very interesting mix of flavors, but they somehow make it all work together to create a delicious dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always great!LuciDined on 7/26/2014The food is fantastic and unique. The service is even better. I am always greeted with a smile and servers are very knowledgeable. This really makes your dining experience pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad experience hereNCFoodieDined on 7/26/2014I love the Junction. I always enjoy their ever changing drink list and their food is always fabulous. This place is a do not miss!Special Features:
- Excellent food, friendly serviceAshVegasiteDined on 7/23/2014We sat outside and started with a glass of wine and shared the Fried Barcat Oysters, which were delicious and enough for two. For supper, my wife had the Brisket with collards and horseradish risotto, while I had the Bouillabaisse. The risotto was served cold, which we initially found to be a bit odd, but the flavor was excellent. My Bouillabaisse was also very tasty, particularly the oysters. The shrimp were "tails on" which required me to work a bit for my meal. Two trains puttered past while we were eating, providing an additional point of interest. A neighboring table had a Charcuterie Board - the house smoked meats, cheese selection, and sauces all looked wonderful and we will enjoy that on our next visit!Special Features:
- We will come back again!WendyleeDined on 7/20/2014I haven't been to the Junction in a while and I was reminded of what a wonderful dining experience it can be when we met friends there for Sunday brunch. Unique offerings. Attentive service. A wining combination in my book! Thanks Charles and TanyaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy surprise!GoodheartDined on 7/19/2014Great food, narrow menu but all interesting and inventive. The fried oyster starter was fantastic! We had table for two on the terrace, great staff of real foodie people, attentive service. Excellent choices on the wine list, both by glass and bottles. Definitely a come back spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River arts district warm, friendlyChrisinncDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time going out of downtown ashville for dinner. It was a nice surprise. Charles and the staff were warm and inviting. It was long going to a long lost friends home. Each item we order brought a new taste to a typical food. We started with two appetizers peaches and fried oysters both I would highly recommend. For our main course we had brisket and fried chicken. My son had the fried chicken and he said he would not eat fried chicken again because it was the best he'd ever tasted. The brisket was served with a horseradish purée and collard greens that balanced the flavor of the meat perfectly. For desert we had the chocolate torte and key lime pie which were both incredible. The entire experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Everything was amazing! Excellent art work. Server was professional and knowledgeable. Barley cake was a bit too crunchy. Would eat here regularly if my bank account would allow. ~JohnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors explode on the palate...Foodie1VIPDined on 7/5/2014A gem of a restaurant in the still evolving River Arts District. The restaurant is funky (befitting its location), something of a "joint" with a small bar, inside and outside seating. Quite casual in style and decor the food is innovative and on a par with any "fine dining" establishment. Menu selections are limited, small plates are available and the food is excellent. Staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We had a radish appetizer followed by bouillabaisse (shrimp, redfish, mussels, etc.) for my wife and the hamburger for me. The burger was exquisite with pork belly layered over the meat patty and covered by jalapeños and a red sauce--flavors exploded on the palate! Leave room for the Mexican cinnamon chocolate torte for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesXOXOXODined on 7/5/2014Great food with genuinely nice and friendly staff. One of my top food places in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 7/4/2014We had dinner on July 4, 2014--their special pig pickin'. Great food all round, wonderful variations on the pit-cooked hog, pickled watermelon salad, black eyed peas, baked beans, banana pudding for desert, and great bread all for $25 per person.Special Features:
- YumXcntryfudiDined on 7/2/2014Cool little place with a fun atmosphere and cool art on it's walls. Had the pork rind, succotash and fried chicken. All of it was great. Good server. I guess the only thing I can complain about was the music... Not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerdinersworldDined on 6/28/2014It all starts at the front of the house they are very attentive, they make sure everyone has a great time. the menu changes frequently however if you get the chance, have Buffalo bites, they were amazing. The drinks that they develop in house are fun yet elegant. I had the liberation redemption, which had the subtle taste of thyme. Overall a great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and adventurousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014The Junction's take on Southern food is spot on. Playful, adventurous and remarkably detailed in presentation, the kitchen takes great pains to do what they do well. The iced tea brined fried chicken is a marvel, but everything I've tasted on the menu is equally well done. The staff is professional, accommodating and engaging. The bar handles their business well. The only complaint would be that the dining room is on the small side and it gets a bit loud in there. Otherwise, just comfort food for foodies done right.Special Features:
- A must in AshevilleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014Do not miss this spot. Ask no questions, just try the pork rind small plate and the fried chicken. Silent weeping in the throes of culinary joy is allowed.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2014From the moment we walked in, we were welcomed. Our waitress was wonderful as was the bartender. The food was innovative.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinnerEODgypsyDined on 6/21/2014This was my second time eating at The Junction and I left just as impressed as the first. I love the small plate options, the eclectic drinks, and the friendly and attentive staff. I couldn't have wished for a more enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Good Food, Unequaled servicefynfreakDined on 6/15/2014We'd been wanting to try brunch at the Junction for months and finally had the chance. A relative from out of town flew in on his birthday and we brought him directly to the restaurant, where the staff seated him facing away from the door and phoned the rest of the surprise birthday party to tell them he had arrived. He was shocked and thrilled when family and friends started to file in and sit as his table. Many restaurants will comp you with a piece of bday cake. Nowhere else I know would become coconspirators. AND altho though the brunch menu is s little limited, everything was carefully prepared and very tasty. We will definitely return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!WonderWomanDined on 6/15/2014This was our second time at The Junction and we loved it just as much this time. We were in town celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary and had brunch reservations at The Junction during Studio Stroll. The food was fabulous and the staff was incredibly attentive and kind - even accomodating our special request for outdoor seating so my sister's dog could join us (they even had water set up for him outside by our table). The atmosphere inside is cool, funky and intimate - great music and fabulous eclectic food. Even my two young daughters loved the pulled pork on southern biscuit topped with a cheese/bacon sauce and pineapple salsa - YUM! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Arts District SpotAshevillefoodieDined on 6/14/2014I had requested a table where I would be able to hear my friends talk so we were seated outdoors which was delightful, fun and arty like the entire area of the River Arts District. The menu was varied from vegan to meat lovers. The drink of the evening was refreshing so I had two. The waiter was attentive but not over bearing. The food was delicious. Great evening.Special Features: