The Jamesport Manor Inn
370 Manor Lane
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Jamesport Manor Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jamesportmanorinn.com/
- Phone: (631) 722-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday : 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mandleur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The off premises catering services allow you and your guests to enjoy the natural beauty of the North Fork. We can assist you in finding the perfect vineyard or waterfront setting for your reception.
We offer buffet or French style service. We can also customize an event to just what you had in mind.
- Private Party Facilities: The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms. Each room has been designed with the intent to offer our guests a choice of venues to make their event truly personal.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Kar 6317220500x
- Special Events: Welcome to Private Dining at the Jamesport Manor Inn. We are delighted that you are considering our restaurant to be the venue for your special personal celebration or business function.
The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms.
A word from The Jamesport Manor Inn
The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Jamesport Manor Inn - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (19)scenic view (16)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Perfect mealsJohnCDined on 3/30/2014One off the BEST restaurants I've dined in. The food was absolutely Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent in all respectnonicknameDined on 3/29/2014We didn't realize it was Hampton Food Festival week, and the North Fork was taking part. The prix fixe at $28 was excellent. Three courses, very nice selections, and the entree portions just a bit smaller than the regular menu. The service and food was the same as other visits. Would highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my birthdaytpbennettDined on 3/29/2014The food was good, a bit overpriced,, we ordered chicken nuggets and a small plate of pasta for our daughter and the charged us $ 30 what a joke, drinks were so watered down and over pricedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful MealBobSueDined on 3/28/2014Had dinner there during restaurant week. Obviously choices were more limited but they had something for everyone. Appetizers were delicious and generous. Entries perfectly prepared, presented and served. Deserts all delicious. Definitely a wonderful meal and a place to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every i dottedfood4thoughtDined on 3/28/2014the food was simply delicious.excellent menu. What left Attention to detail where service was concerned. We were served in a timely fashion waitress was very attentive.even though the restaurant was full we did not feel hurried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar dining experienceCherylDined on 3/22/2014Our table of seven was seated right away in a beautifully designed period room. Service was excellent and food outstanding. Each diner loved their food choice which ran the gamut from duck to short ribs. I would return in a heartbeat to this beautiful restaurant!Special Features:
- a gem on the north forkvivpDined on 3/16/2014we have dined here several times the food is delicious and the setting is wonderful a beautifully restored east end home I highly recommend
- Don't miss it!MandTDined on 3/15/2014A wonderful dining experience. Generous drinks, fabulous food and beautiful surroundings. Haven't been to a restaurant this good in Suffolk County in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Jamesport Manor InnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014My wife and I had the same dinners 2 weeks in a row because the chicken was outrageous and the duck outstanding. Both times we brought friends and they also loved the food, service, and ambiance. We have been stopping by at the inn for several years and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and wineRickiVIPDined on 3/7/2014It was a lovely experience where we could actually converse as well as enjoy the excellent food. Will definitely make this a frequent place to go with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderful!BarryDined on 2/28/2014We are never disappointed at Jamesport Manor Inn. Food, wine and service was superlative. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locavore DestinationcmgparsonsVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have dined several times at Jamesport Manor Inn and are always satisfied. The setting is absolutely stunning.....in lush wine country, with tree farms surrounding.....you really feel as if you are way out in the country, yet you are 1 mile from the main road. The restored house is so charming.....great detail was paid to the woodworking. It is warm and inviting....don't fail to notice. But the real stars are the food and the service. Much of the food is locally sourced, even in the middle of winter. The selection is broad, with something for everyone's taste. Service is always flawless and handled without the diner feeling as if the staff is scurrying about. The location may be a ride for a lot of people on Long Island, but make the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special North Fork gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014There aren't that many really good restaurants to choose from on the North Fork but it is getting a lot better and this is one of them. Really fresh, good food with lovely service in a restored house. This is a great place for folks who are looking for a great dinner amidst the vineyards. Great wine, too.Special Features:
- Date NiteWorkingmanDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful 'date nite' at the JPM. We found the JPM to be casually elegant and the food and service top notch. The oysters were so plump and fresh, as if they were just plucked from the sea that afternoon. The foie gras terrine coupled with micro greens and lingonberry chutney was divine. Our main courses, the duck breast and NY strip, were cooked to perfection. The quaint art exhibit upstairs was an added post meal plus. As the Terminator once famously said: “We’ll be back!”Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseCarolDined on 2/14/2014We started late looking for a Valentine's Day reservation. We used Open Table and found Jamesport Manor Inn. We knew nothing about it. Even our favorite foodie friend had not been there. It was superb. We sat at a table upstairs in a corner. We had a delightful and discreet waitress. We were especially impressed by the food. My husband and I do not like the same foods in general, so. We had quite different choices, duck versus beef, beet salad versus lump meat crab. We exclaimed to each other how wonderful our appetizers were after one bite. We had a lovely Gruner Veitliner with dinner. The duck was outrageous and short ribs flavorful and melt in your mouth. The chocolate dessert was Rich and dark chocolate. We could not have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for Valentine's day,omakDined on 2/14/2014went for Valentine's day, reservation time was honored, service was great and the food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual it was very goodDanielsVIPDined on 2/14/2014As usual it was very good we brought guests and they enjoyed it also the help their are always very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant in a beautifullstanleybrowntVIPDined on 2/2/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, "macaroni and cheese", striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceLictinesteinDined on 2/2/2014I made reservations at the Jamesport Manor Inn last week and I will dine there again. We had a wonderful meal and a wonderful experience. The restaurant is beautiful. The service was friendly and the food was fantstic. The monkfish on the menu was the best I have ever had. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsamos727Dined on 1/17/2014Three couples met for a great dinner and to socialize. Martinis for the ladies, beer on tap for the gents. A terrific, well presented meal, served by an excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant in a beautifullstanleybrowntVIPDined on 1/12/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the salmonjackDined on 1/12/2014Received email re price fix diner which listed salmon. It was not on the menu. Why do something like this and annoy customers.
- The service was surperd weDanielsVIPDined on 12/31/2013The service was surperd we were greeted with an pleasant welcome the food was good we enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013My family and I spent Christmas Eve at the Jamesport Manor in and the whole evening was such a delight. Very warm welcome from the hostess, great service from Victoria and fantastic food! This is a great place to celebrate something special. Highly recommended and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, quiet, and elegant...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013Not much more to be said. Wait staff was very courteous and professional, good food portions and very good quality. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, great service,will11738Dined on 12/12/2013excellent food, great service, charming decor but a little bit pricey....but all in all a wonderful dining expierienceSpecial Features:
- always make this an annualLennyVIPDined on 12/7/2013always make this an annual pre Christmas visit to dine with friends. have never been dsiappointed.....food and service are very good in a nice seetiing.....reservations recommended on weekend. well worth the price and the tripSpecial Features:
- Everything was great! Thesus16Dined on 12/6/2013Everything was great! The food was delicious. The waitstaff very pleasant and the atmosphere was nice too. We had a very enjoyable evening at the Jamesport Manor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingdinedelightDined on 12/5/2013We have been to Jamesport Manor Inn several times before. It is a beautiful building, with wonderful ambiance. The service was absolutely outstanding, particularly since we were the only people there. It's hard for a server to be attentive but unobtrusive when there are no other diners. The menu offered too few choices. One of our party in particular had looked forward to the treat of a great steak, but there was none on the menu. The short ribs ordered instead were exceptionally tender, but tasteless. The duck was dry, and the maple iced cake was obviously stale. I want to like this place as it is lovely with a wonderful atmosphere, but I won't be coming back. At those prices, I expect consistently good food and they just don't deliver.
- Very nice wait staff. GoodFirsttryDined on 11/28/2013Very nice wait staff. Good quality service. Food is overrated. From appetizer to dessert, nothing was up to my expectations.
- thanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013FOOD WAS GREAT. SORRY THEY DIDNT SERVE TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING MEAL. SERVICE WAS SLOW AND NOT THE MOST HOSPITABLE. We waited 5 to 10mins for utensils so needless to say food got cold. never was asked to replenish our drinksI would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingrdabVIPDined on 11/28/2013Regrettably, while the food remains good, the service was subpar. We were greeted by an indifferent and inappropriately dressed hostess who only smiled when given a tip for our coats. Our server was a very pleasant women. After taking our order she disappeared. Three of the diners ordered the same fish entree, but with two different preparations. The orders were mixed up by the unsupervised runners and never straightened out, since the server was nowhere to be found. Coffee was brought 7 to 10 minutes before dessert. There was no supervision in the dining room or the restaurant. Had there been, I would have expressed my displeasure. Saying something to the indifferent hostess would have been useless. Will we return? Probably not.
- ThanksgivingLM2001Dined on 11/28/2013This restaurant is a gem on the North Fork of LI. The food was awesome. Try it.....you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DelightresosforfourVIPDined on 11/28/2013This was my third trip to the Jamesport Manor Inn for Thanksgiving. The location is perfect - across from a horse farm and just down the road from vineyards - you can feel and smell fall in the air. The menu was diverse and included vegetarian options (thank you). We had turkey, short ribs, and mushroom ravioli for our mains. Starters included an excellent crab cake and a wonderful mushroom and goat cheese concoction. The wine list is a bit limited - mainly North Fork producers. We chose a library cab that worked well. Portions were good, but not overwhelming. Service was friendly and attentive - we were not rushed, nor were we forgotten. Special thanks to the hostess - we were late and she moved us to the next seating without any fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we booked for New YearsSamVDined on 11/23/2013We came upon this restaurant by accident driving down the road a few weeks ago. It looked so lovely I went on line to look at the menu and decided to take my wife there for her birthday. When I booked on line at open table I mentioned it was my wife's birthday and asked for a special table . When we arrived they accommodated us with a wonderful table with a beautiful view. The server Jessica was wonderful and fully explained the menu and was most personable. The food was outstanding ( had the pasta dish with sweet sausage) and the service prompt. We were so taken with the restaurant we booked New Year's Eve for a party of six. We will tell all of our friends about this charming restaurant!!!! Thank you for making the evening memorable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.A bit pricy forSummerof69Dined on 11/22/2013Great food.A bit pricy for lunch but varied menu with large portions.Special Features:
- Restaurant was quite, servicedineoutDined on 11/14/2013Restaurant was quite, service was excellent food outstanding. The interior is beautiful, will be going back when its a little colder when the fireplaces will be lit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant in a beautifullstanleybrowntVIPDined on 11/10/2013Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic spot with good foodDI79Dined on 11/9/2013Service was excellent! Food was nothing to write home about...just ok. Very pretty place. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerVickiDined on 11/8/2013Luckily for me, my birthday falls out during Restaurant Week, so we always take the opportunity to celebrate at places we've never eaten in before. I chose the Jamesport Manor Inn. (I had always wanted to try it.) The Restaurant Week special was great - and so was our food! Three splendid courses and decent service - that's it in a nutshell. It's a pretty place, and all the staff members we interacted with were courteous. It's a little far out for us - about a 35 minute ride from our house - but iwas worth the drive. We'll definitely go back!Special Features: