The Jamesport Manor Inn
370 Manor Lane
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Jamesport Manor Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jamesportmanorinn.com/
- Phone: (631) 722-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday : 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mandleur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The off premises catering services allow you and your guests to enjoy the natural beauty of the North Fork. We can assist you in finding the perfect vineyard or waterfront setting for your reception.
We offer buffet or French style service. We can also customize an event to just what you had in mind.
- Private Party Facilities: The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms. Each room has been designed with the intent to offer our guests a choice of venues to make their event truly personal.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Kar 6317220500x
- Special Events: Welcome to Private Dining at the Jamesport Manor Inn. We are delighted that you are considering our restaurant to be the venue for your special personal celebration or business function.
The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms.
A word from The Jamesport Manor Inn
The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Jamesport Manor Inn - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (38)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (19)scenic view (16)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- kerryDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful old restored home with a lovely patio for dining and a view of the farm across the street. Food delicious/menu varied.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh ingredientsSavannahDined on 8/14/2014Delicious local fresh ingredients. Excellent flavors. The chicken with goat cheese was very good. The acorn squash puree was a bit too sweet, but the other flavors on the plate were complimentary. My husband enjoyed the crab cake. The mushroom toast appetizer was very good. We enjoyed wine outside at the tables before going in to the dining room. This is a great place to sit close to end of day. The wine selection included local wines, but I would have liked additional other options also for the reds.Special Features:
- Beautiful Inn wonderful mealRettstrunkDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a romantic birthday dinner here. I ordered the scallops and they were delicious. I highly recommend the crab salad or beet salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 696 reviews are from the The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews archive.
- Very good foodtony340Dined on 7/27/2014Wife and I went to JMI for an early dinner. We had a 6:15 reservation. It was our first time visit. I was a little nervous when we saw only two other tables with people dinning. But by the time we were finished there were tables filling up. The food was very good the menu is small. Eveything we ordered was fresh and cooked perfectly. My wife ordered the prix fix. Beet salad w goat cheese, I had the same for app. for meals she got the chicken over puree potato with asparagus and vanilla creme burlee for desert . I had the same app as wife and I really wanted to try the pan seared scallops over pollenate with small carrots. Everything was awesome. We just drink water. The bill was 86.00 Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 7/27/2014Jamesport Manor Inn feels, as it should, like a dining room in an upscale (though not luxury) country inn. The decor is old-fashioned but not fussy, and the servers are young and friendly. The food? I have no complaints, but I would guess that the chef graduated from the Culinary Institute of America with a B average. All in all, the Inn offers a pleasant dining experience, but nothing worth driving far to have.
- A Special Evening Out With My Wifessaaww98Dined on 7/26/2014It was my wife's birthday. The food, drinks, staff and ambiance were fabulous. I couldn't have imagined, seated in the alcove, the sun setting in the background a more lovely and romantic place to spend the evening with her. I would highly recommend Jamesport Manor Inn for a special evening with that special person!Special Features:
- Jamsport manorAlfonso2Dined on 7/2/2014While visiting our wine clubs, we open table booked this restaurant for lunch, No crowd as it was a Wednesday afternoon, the waitress/ hostess was very pleasant and with cheerfully service Lobster BLT was fantastic, as was our other dish salmon over asparagus and blue mashed potatoes Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticpolitirDined on 6/28/2014I took my wife here for dinner. Right from walking to the building from the parking lot to sitting down, everything lended a hand to a very romantic dinner... food, wine, and atmosphere were perfect. Love the old elegant house charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortableTonyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good - crab salad, ravioli, salmon were excellent. The wine list is not extensive, but the local wine selection is good. The ambience is very comfortable, fits in well with the bucolic North Fork feeling. It would be nice if they had some outdoor tables during the summer, perhaps even opening up the views to the sound or at least the adjacent land.
- Anniversary DinnerElizDined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The setting lovely. The food outstanding. Duck / scallops / fluke.. Delicious beet salad. Will share with everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AnnieDined on 6/27/2014We came here for a nice romantic dinner. Everything was excellent. The food, setting, wine, and service were all superb.Special Features:
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 6/22/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:
- fsvorite restaurantfavoriteDined on 6/18/2014This is my most fsvorite restaurant on the north fork. everything about it is great. Matt Karr and staff do a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate and romantic dinner.TheShadowV7Dined on 6/14/2014The beautiful Inn, with it's wonderful wine list and delicious food was the perfect romantic get a way for a special occasion with my wife. The servers were courteous and we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningJSKCDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful meal, great ambiance and service. Love the local farm to table.Special Features:
- Great Spot on North ForkMaxheadroomVIPDined on 6/6/2014Picked this place based on convenience to visiting vineyards and on comments from other open table members. Truly excellent food... Lobster club for lunch was terrific . Wife's salmon was sent back but that was her preference being at odds with how the kitchen likes to do the dish...no arguments... Just a few minutes wait...and because of that..they "comped" desert and coffee..totally unnecessary . Setting is beautiful and restoration of this old house makes it all that was much pleasant. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect NOFO Choice!mypleasureDined on 6/1/2014Returned for brunch after a wonderful Mother's Day brunch on the outside brick patio. Food and service is consistently excellent. And the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was awesome as usual. We brought friends and they were impressed with the service and the food. Especially the smoked salmon appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!PrimoForte1Dined on 5/25/2014Atmosphere, service, presentation & taste of food were all top quality! I had the scallops, very tasty. We were a group of ten with an 8:30pm reservation. Started at bar for drinks & rcvd friendly, generous information of restaurant history and permission to view photos & rooms upstairs. This started our evening on such a positive fun note that was just the beginning of a wonderful dining experience. Reasonably priced, I would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- OutstandingMabyDined on 5/25/2014Brunch was fabulous, a wonderful Sunday enjoying Mother Nature beauty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealnativeeastendDined on 5/24/2014Was not disappointed again, the food was wonderful. A good place to be able to sit, talk and enjoy your company. this is our favorite place to dine on the North Fork.Special Features:
- Gastronomic excellence!JimmyODined on 5/16/2014The JMI is a quaint Victorian style manor just east of Riverhead. The interior is well maintained and cozy. The service was wonderful; attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The cozy ambience and the service lay the foundation for the main attraction: The FOOD! Beet salad with crumbled bleu cheese was fresh and vibrant, a mushroom toast with goat cheese left me wanting more. Our two entrees; pan seared scallops with risotto. Scallops had a wonderful crust with a tender and delicious interior. The risotto was cooked perfectly and the dish wonderfully presented. Entree 2; Crab cakes served over a whole grain mustard sauce; tasty, albeit small for an entree. I'll go another way next time, but there WILL definitely be a next time!Special Features:
- GREAT NORTH FORK SPOTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went to the Jamesport it Manor for brunch and its was wonderful. The embiance is relaxed and grand. Matt is a wonderful host and the meal was fantasic. The lobster BTL is a great take on a lobster roll and the oysters were sweet. I would recommned this spot for any time of day, including a spot of have long island wine without the headaches of a vineyard. Hope to see the Manor market a cheese plater and appetizer type wine destination as the outdoor tables are beautiful.Special Features:
- Need to try a little harderLmahannaVIPDined on 5/4/2014This was my 3rd time at this restaurant - It was restaurant week. staff was pleasant. Food choices were great. However, maybe because it was the last day of restaurant week I was underwhelmed with my food. Everything I ordered was under salted. I cannot remember when the last time I needed to add salt my food but each dish - fresh pea and asparagus risotto and wild boar bolognese over bow tie pasta were so bland. They do not offer salt at the table so I had to ask which was also an inconvenience. The wild boar bolognese was definitely the end of the week special - no meat to be seen. It had good flavor once salted but it was more a thin sauce with large chunks of carrots and celery. If it wasn't listed as wild boar you could not tellSpecial Features:
- Beautiful locationTonyVIPDined on 5/3/2014We went for restaurant week and were surprised at the large size of the portions. The braised beef entree was excellent - very tender and great flavor. The pea risotto was much too heavy on the peas - it was like thick pea soup further thickened by the rice - and unfortunately also lacking in good seasoning. The mushroom toast was much better. Overall a very nice meal in a beautiful setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DayAsianSpeedy11Dined on 5/3/2014The food was very good, especially the beef shrank. My family and I had a lovely time especially my eight year old who announced I hate fancy foods; yet, when the chicken tenders and French fries arrived, he was in heaven. The panko crusted chicken tenders were moist and tasty. he ate every bite, and announce that he now likes fancy food. Only disappointment was there was no children's menu, so no for them offered as part of the meal, and there was no ala carte menu offered to us. I did call before hand, and I was told they would accommodate the childrenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Charming and great food!Tom46Dined on 5/1/2014I live in the Hamptons and this is one of my new top favorites... definitely, my top favorite for the North Fork/Riverhead area. we arrived at sunset over the farms and fields. The Jamesport Manor was an old inn. They have restored it to its original warmth and coziness. The tables are not on top of each other. I love a "white tablecloth restaurant" and this is it. Great food, great service, lovely staff. Just great all around!Special Features:
- Jamesport Manor Inn - Don't Miss ItlovethenorthforkDined on 5/1/2014Menu superb. Presentation superb. Taste superb! Service superb! Location bucolic in the midst of North Fork Wine Country! The Jamesport Manor Inn has it all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeVIPDined on 4/27/2014My wife absolutely loves to come here and will drive the 40 plus miles from our home to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Fork findeatout2Dined on 4/27/2014Enjoyed our meal during Long Island Restaurant Week. Was impressed and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceNancianneVIPDined on 4/27/2014the restaurant week menu was too limited and that was all that was available.Special Features:
- Getting betterJblackleVIPDined on 4/26/2014Excellent salad (beet). Salmon special came out lukewarm at best. Wine list is limited - which didn't matter because the wedding party rehearsal diners upstairs consumed the few bottles they had on hand. Still, the place is really nice looking. The bar area is inviting and the menu is much better this year. The owner was apologetic (about the lack of wine) and really, really nice. We'll try it again mid-summerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014It was great to dine in a building constructed in the late 17 hundreds,,,Maureen the server was great as was the food with the duck especially tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 4/20/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, "macaroni and cheese", striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Easter DinnerNoniDined on 4/20/2014We went here with friends for Easter Dinner and we couldn't have been more pleased. This is a very pretty ,cozy restaurant .The service was first class and the food delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerMickeyDined on 4/20/2014As always, the food and service were outstanding. We always enjoy our visits to both the Manor Inn in Jamesport and the Jamesport Country Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovel dining experienceBouzieDined on 4/12/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The restaurant is charming and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Jamesportdiamondi313VIPDined on 4/12/2014We have been to Jamesport Manor three times and this visit reflects our experience over all three times. Twice, the food was very good. The third, it was so-so. But, it's a very nice room, the service is always prompt and friendly and, overall, an enjoyable experience.
- This is one of our favoriteLongtimerVIPDined on 4/3/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants -- if not our favorite -- on the eastern end of LI. The food is always outstanding, the ambiance enjoyable and the service is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best ....mypleasureDined on 3/30/2014Never disappointed at the Jamesport Manor. We love this place for Sunday brunch, week night prix fixe, wine and beer dinners and stopped in for Hamptons Restaurant Week. Kudos to the front house (you are awesome) and to the kitchen. See you for the beer dinner on the 25th. Ciao!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.