The Jamesport Manor Inn
370 Manor Lane
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Jamesport Manor Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jamesportmanorinn.com/
- Phone: (631) 722-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday : 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mandleur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The off premises catering services allow you and your guests to enjoy the natural beauty of the North Fork. We can assist you in finding the perfect vineyard or waterfront setting for your reception.
We offer buffet or French style service. We can also customize an event to just what you had in mind.
- Private Party Facilities: The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms. Each room has been designed with the intent to offer our guests a choice of venues to make their event truly personal.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Kar 6317220500x
- Special Events: Welcome to Private Dining at the Jamesport Manor Inn. We are delighted that you are considering our restaurant to be the venue for your special personal celebration or business function.
The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms.
A word from The Jamesport Manor Inn
The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Jamesport Manor Inn - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (18)scenic view (16)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014After seeing the brunch promotion in the local paper we decided to try The Jamesport Manor Inns new brunch... and we were very impressed. A wonderful and creative spread, a perfect selection. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back!FoodieDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is rated #1 by trip advisor so we decided to try it out and were very pleased. The scallop appetizer (huge portion) was fantastic as well as the beet salad. Hubby had the duck entree which he enjoyed but it had too much sauce for me. Creme brûlée was a bit runny but still had great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2014When you are able to take advantage of Restaurant Week pricing and get the outstanding food in such a unique setting as the Jamesport Manor Inn, there's not much else you can ask for. Our waitress Hayley was excellent and so very friendly, the food was served promptly, and the atmosphere is always so enjoyably pleasant with plenty of spacing between tables. We couldn't have had a better experience!Special Features:
- Great PlaceNyeHumorDined on 11/8/2014This was a nice converted house that made for a quaint dining room with a great choice of items on the menu. We enjoyed our meals and the accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Fabulous historic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our party of four ate at the Jamesport Manor Inn last Saturday night during L.I. Restaurant week. The setting is lovely, the service attentive and cordial and the food was scrumptious. Among the four of us we ordered 2 different appetizers, three different entrees and two different desserts. Everyone was delighted with their food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Enjoyable DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I wanted to spend an enjoyable day on the North Fork of Long Island. We decided to visit a couple of farm stands, then a visit to Martha Clara Vineyard to sample some local wines and onto the Jamesport Manor Inn for dinner. "I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in elegant Manor Home. The food was well presented and outstanding in taste. The service was exceptional and very attentive. I would recommend this restaurant for and special occasion or romantic dinner. I definitely would return in the summer to enjoy dinning outside on the patio and try more dishes.Special Features:
- Great restaurant week experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014Went to the Jamesport Manor Inn for restaurant week and despite how busy it was we still had a wonderful experience. Service and food was on point. Would definitely return to experience the regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmspunkyDined on 11/6/2014The appetizers were basic. The main course was okay. The beef was tender but my friend said the chicken was very dry. The salmon was very small. Disappointed and will not return
- JaneDined on 11/2/2014Went during restaurant week when some places do a halfhearted job of putting something on the table. Not so here. It was an excellent experience from start to finish. We live in the neighborhood and will definitely be back before the next restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014We visited The Jamesport Manor Inn for the first time during Restaurant Week in November, 2104; it was an outstanding experience. We were seated promptly and our order taken as soon as we were settled in. Cocktails, food, wine were all just about perfect and all were served at exactly the right pace. We highly recommend this lovely spot.Special Features:
- Jamesport ManorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014The food was very nice. Our waitress was far too busy to pay much attention to us. We had to ask for bread and we poured our own wine. Our table was AWFUL! Other people and the wait staff were bumping into us all night long. The other tables were only inches away. We are unlikely to come back any time soon.
- fall sunday dinnergluttonDined on 11/2/2014Restaurant week menu presented on website was more extensive than offering at table. The appetizer salads were terrific....entrees delicious.Special Features:
- DissappointedTonkgirlsDined on 11/2/2014Went on Sunday afternoon for Rest Week menu only to learn that menu was only offered for dinner. Had chili listed on the lunch menu as an appetizer, but when we went to order they were out (we were not made aware of this when we received menus, only after we went to order, and considering it was 2:30pm on a Sunday that was disappointing). Restaurant itself was lovely. Appetizers and bread were very good.
- 2nd trip to Jamesport ManorFjjmDined on 11/1/2014Rainy stormy Saturday night, not crowded. Food was very good to outstanding (group of 4). Wife however sent back the carrots in her scallop dish, too mushy. chef came out and took care of the problem. When i ordered a bottle of "Cabernet Franc" out came a "Sauvignon Blanc", then a "Cabernet Sauvignon" then finally a "Cabernet Franc". Not a big deal but the help should know their wines, especially since all these wines were from a vineyard a few miles away!!! Still it was a great meal, we'll go back.Special Features:
- Very niceGJVUDined on 10/26/2014We were there with out Corvette Club for a great meal on a fall Sunday afternoon. Keri was able to accomodate 55+ of us after a fun cruise to the North Fork. She was even thoughtful enough to mention us on the Prix Fix menu. Nice touch. The food was outstanding and the presentation was very appealing. Everyone enjoyed the experience at the JMI. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- JasonJason002Dined on 10/12/2014Awesome service, great food, really nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/12/2014Excellent! So cute! Loved it!food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot,delicious foodLMendyDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy our meal at the Jamesport Manor Inn. The building itself is beautifully restored and immaculate, and what a treat to be able to go upstairs and view art at the Rosalie Dimon Gallery. The Sunday prix fixe is a real deal; we went last week with one other couple, ordered off that menu with a bottle of wine, and each couple spent $100, period. We appreciate that value, especially since the meals were well-presented and very tasty!Special Features:
- Met expectationsMistrEd41Dined on 10/4/2014Dined in main room, staff friendly and accommodating. My Atlantic Salmon was prepared to my specifications. Exceptional. Wife's Mushroom Ravioli was a little disappointing, because she was expecting pillows filled with mushrooms, but instead was served cheese filled Ravioli's with the mushrooms outside in the sauce. Wine was very good and fairly priced, Dessert and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickspicksDined on 9/28/2014My husand and I went there late Sunday night. The restaurant was quiet and we were the last table of the evening but they were very accommodating and did not rush us out. The food was excellent and the restaurant was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell flat.FortheloveoffoodDined on 9/27/2014We chose Jamesport Inn for a bday dinner while in Riverhead, and were disappointed. To begin with, when we arrived, the hostess took us upstairs and seated us in the art gallery. We requested seating downstairs (cozier, warmer environment), she insisted that the gallery would fill up. It didn't. There was 1 other table the whole evening and there were people walking through and checking out the paintings around our table. The waitress was busy and made us feel like we were her last priority. She forgot utensils, we got someone else's appetizers, and she rushed to & away from us. We were seated & waiting for almost 30 mins before she took our food order. The food was nothing special. The flavor combinations fell flat. Needlessly expensive.Special Features:
- Nice Experience!STEVENFROMSETAUKETNEWYORKVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good food, Great service and Lovely place! Heidi, our waitress was outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHARMINGJUSTTRYINGITDined on 9/27/2014EARLY 1900S FEEL AS U WALKED IN. VERY NICE DECOR. FOOD WAS GREAT.Special Features:
- Love itJoeybDined on 9/21/2014We go back every year for out anniversary. The chicken dish is just perfect. Keeps us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Lunch in Pretty InnBrooklynGalVIPDined on 9/19/2014I and guest had a pleasant, tasty lunch in a nicely restored Inn. There is an extensive wine list of local North Fork Long Island wines that you can order by the glass. We ordered their signature lobster BLT sandwich. The desserts were also winners. The restaurant was not crowded so we could easily have a nice conversation. I'm sure it's livelier at dinner and on weekends. The servers are young and friendly, but this is the one area where I'd suggest a bit more professionalism in a restaurant with Manhattan prices. If you use GPS for directions, enter Riverhead as the town address, not Jamesport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dining ExperienceAnnieDined on 9/18/2014We took my parents to the Jamesport Manor Inn to celebrate their 79th birthdays. All of our entrees were incredibly well-prepared and absolutely delicious. Each of the courses consisted of generous proportions with fresh ingredients expertly executed. The service was superb.Special Features:
- Good North Fork diningEACFoodDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful choice after a day of wine tasting! Fresh and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed -ordered wrong items?Love2eatoutVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our 5th annual dinner at the inn but it didn't live up to previous experiences . The sauce on my sea bass was too vinegary and unedible. The lemon sorbet on the oysters was delicious , but the oysters were too cold almost frozen. I tasted some of the dishes others ordered and they were fine .
- yduffnerDined on 9/13/2014The service and food were good. When we arrived, we were seated at a table for two in front of a window. In an alcove on my left was a table for six and to my right a table for four. We were the only ones seated at this time. After our drinks were served, the table of six were seated. After our appetizers, the table of four were seated. The rest of the dinning room was empty! I don't know why they thought to close us in like that. It was a little uncomfortable. Also, there was a wedding, which I presume was upstairs, and it was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner2Dined on 9/12/2014Dinner and the server were excellent. It is our favorite spot on the North Fork.Special Features:
- Remembering days gone byTabletogethernessDined on 9/10/2014We loved our dining experience at this charming restaurant. My lifetime friend was in from out of town, and our two families wanted to celebrate our many years of friendship. The seven of us were in an alcove which gave us the feeling of being served in our own formal dining room. The service was outstanding, and the food superb. We were not rushed, and the quiet, beautiful atmosphere lent itself to an evening of warm conversation of times gone by, both in our own lives, and the early times of Long Island. We recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Lovely afternoonmgbfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had an excellent lunch in a lovely outdoor garden. At the next table, a woman (part of a couple) was being extremely obnoxious and demanding. The servers did an excellent job of handling her and (unnecessarily) apologized for the the disruption. We were there with out of state guests and would go back in a minute.Special Features:
- Better than EverFoodieDined on 8/30/2014We were married at The Jamesport Manor in 2011. We moved to the south fork and haven't been to the restaurant in about two years. Saturday evening we brought another couple who are "foodies," and we are all still raving over the wonderful service and fabulous food. We will indeed make the trip more often. It was truly a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but ....BrooklyngirlDined on 8/27/2014We have been here before and found the food excellent. The other night , the food was good but not great. The tomato and mozzarella salad was very good. My husband had the crab salad ( we shared) and it was missing something. It was lacking a strong acidic or spice flavor. Hubby had the duck, he enjoyed it, very favorfull . I had the organic chicken with goat cheese. The chicken was excellent. Crispy and very moist. The goat cheese was just a schmear on the breast. Nothing on the thigh . This was served with an acorn squash purée . It was cloyingly sweet. There was another sauce but I couldn't even taste it because of the purée. Too much, too sweet. Very good wine list !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, food & servicebowmanDined on 8/23/2014We went here Saturday night for dinner with 2 other couples. We came from out east on the North Fork and one couple came from Westhampton, so it was a perfectly situated location for all! We got seated almost immediately. Our server was pleasant and efficient, and very attentive to our needs. All 6 of us loved all our dishes, and stayed chatting until we finally left so they could close up! We all said it was a great find and would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIFICBouzieDined on 8/23/2014THIS IS DEFINITELY A GO TO RESTAURANT. FOOD IS GREAT, SETTING IS GREAT. THIS RESTAURANT IS A TREAT. WE EAT OUT ALOT AND FIND VERY FEW RESTAURANTS WORTH THE MONEY. THIS ONE IS. I WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK.Special Features:
- Food Great, Service NotJaksmomVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I, and family and friends, have dined here several times. Jamesport Manor is a lovely place and the food is wonderful. Maybe we hit it on a bad night recently? The wait staff was off. Wrong food delivered, courses missing, long wait. We'll probably give it another chance someday...but not anytime too soon.Special Features:
- Delicious foodeastendgirlDined on 8/16/2014First time at Jamesport Manor. The food was delicious, perfectly cooked and seasoned. The place is very nice, inside and out. The staff all friendly and our waitress was good. A place to try if you have not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The Jamesport Manor Inn is a beautiful inn on lush grounds situated with a view across horse pastures and stunning sunsets. The building itself was rebuilt in 2005 with period detail from it's original state. It has warm woodwork and a lovely fireplace. The small wooden bar is cozy and begs one to snuggle up to it. All the tables are in comfortable spots with views or interior architecture to keep one happy. The good was presented beautifully and very delicious! The menu has a good range if taste for every palette. My husband and I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kerryDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful old restored home with a lovely patio for dining and a view of the farm across the street. Food delicious/menu varied.Special Features: