The Jamesport Manor Inn
370 Manor Lane
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Jamesport Manor Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jamesportmanorinn.com/
- Phone: 6317220500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday : 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mandleur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The off premises catering services allow you and your guests to enjoy the natural beauty of the North Fork. We can assist you in finding the perfect vineyard or waterfront setting for your reception.
We offer buffet or French style service. We can also customize an event to just what you had in mind.
- Private Party Facilities: The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms. Each room has been designed with the intent to offer our guests a choice of venues to make their event truly personal.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Kar 6317220500x
- Special Events: Welcome to Private Dining at the Jamesport Manor Inn. We are delighted that you are considering our restaurant to be the venue for your special personal celebration or business function.
The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms.
A word from The Jamesport Manor Inn
The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Jamesport Manor Inn - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (34)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (28)scenic view (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (15)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good North Fork diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014A wonderful choice after a day of wine tasting! Fresh and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed -ordered wrong items?Love2eatoutVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our 5th annual dinner at the inn but it didn't live up to previous experiences . The sauce on my sea bass was too vinegary and unedible. The lemon sorbet on the oysters was delicious , but the oysters were too cold almost frozen. I tasted some of the dishes others ordered and they were fine .
- yduffnerDined on 9/13/2014The service and food were good. When we arrived, we were seated at a table for two in front of a window. In an alcove on my left was a table for six and to my right a table for four. We were the only ones seated at this time. After our drinks were served, the table of six were seated. After our appetizers, the table of four were seated. The rest of the dinning room was empty! I don't know why they thought to close us in like that. It was a little uncomfortable. Also, there was a wedding, which I presume was upstairs, and it was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner2Dined on 9/12/2014Dinner and the server were excellent. It is our favorite spot on the North Fork.Special Features:
- Remembering days gone byTabletogethernessDined on 9/10/2014We loved our dining experience at this charming restaurant. My lifetime friend was in from out of town, and our two families wanted to celebrate our many years of friendship. The seven of us were in an alcove which gave us the feeling of being served in our own formal dining room. The service was outstanding, and the food superb. We were not rushed, and the quiet, beautiful atmosphere lent itself to an evening of warm conversation of times gone by, both in our own lives, and the early times of Long Island. We recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Lovely afternoonmgbfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had an excellent lunch in a lovely outdoor garden. At the next table, a woman (part of a couple) was being extremely obnoxious and demanding. The servers did an excellent job of handling her and (unnecessarily) apologized for the the disruption. We were there with out of state guests and would go back in a minute.Special Features:
- Better than EverFoodieDined on 8/30/2014We were married at The Jamesport Manor in 2011. We moved to the south fork and haven't been to the restaurant in about two years. Saturday evening we brought another couple who are "foodies," and we are all still raving over the wonderful service and fabulous food. We will indeed make the trip more often. It was truly a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but ....BrooklyngirlDined on 8/27/2014We have been here before and found the food excellent. The other night , the food was good but not great. The tomato and mozzarella salad was very good. My husband had the crab salad ( we shared) and it was missing something. It was lacking a strong acidic or spice flavor. Hubby had the duck, he enjoyed it, very favorfull . I had the organic chicken with goat cheese. The chicken was excellent. Crispy and very moist. The goat cheese was just a schmear on the breast. Nothing on the thigh . This was served with an acorn squash purée . It was cloyingly sweet. There was another sauce but I couldn't even taste it because of the purée. Too much, too sweet. Very good wine list !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, food & servicebowmanDined on 8/23/2014We went here Saturday night for dinner with 2 other couples. We came from out east on the North Fork and one couple came from Westhampton, so it was a perfectly situated location for all! We got seated almost immediately. Our server was pleasant and efficient, and very attentive to our needs. All 6 of us loved all our dishes, and stayed chatting until we finally left so they could close up! We all said it was a great find and would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIFICBouzieDined on 8/23/2014THIS IS DEFINITELY A GO TO RESTAURANT. FOOD IS GREAT, SETTING IS GREAT. THIS RESTAURANT IS A TREAT. WE EAT OUT ALOT AND FIND VERY FEW RESTAURANTS WORTH THE MONEY. THIS ONE IS. I WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK.Special Features:
- Food Great, Service NotJaksmomVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I, and family and friends, have dined here several times. Jamesport Manor is a lovely place and the food is wonderful. Maybe we hit it on a bad night recently? The wait staff was off. Wrong food delivered, courses missing, long wait. We'll probably give it another chance someday...but not anytime too soon.Special Features:
- Delicious foodeastendgirlDined on 8/16/2014First time at Jamesport Manor. The food was delicious, perfectly cooked and seasoned. The place is very nice, inside and out. The staff all friendly and our waitress was good. A place to try if you have not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The Jamesport Manor Inn is a beautiful inn on lush grounds situated with a view across horse pastures and stunning sunsets. The building itself was rebuilt in 2005 with period detail from it's original state. It has warm woodwork and a lovely fireplace. The small wooden bar is cozy and begs one to snuggle up to it. All the tables are in comfortable spots with views or interior architecture to keep one happy. The good was presented beautifully and very delicious! The menu has a good range if taste for every palette. My husband and I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kerryDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful old restored home with a lovely patio for dining and a view of the farm across the street. Food delicious/menu varied.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh ingredientsSavannahDined on 8/14/2014Delicious local fresh ingredients. Excellent flavors. The chicken with goat cheese was very good. The acorn squash puree was a bit too sweet, but the other flavors on the plate were complimentary. My husband enjoyed the crab cake. The mushroom toast appetizer was very good. We enjoyed wine outside at the tables before going in to the dining room. This is a great place to sit close to end of day. The wine selection included local wines, but I would have liked additional other options also for the reds.Special Features:
- Beautiful Inn wonderful mealRettstrunkDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a romantic birthday dinner here. I ordered the scallops and they were delicious. I highly recommend the crab salad or beet salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodtony340Dined on 7/27/2014Wife and I went to JMI for an early dinner. We had a 6:15 reservation. It was our first time visit. I was a little nervous when we saw only two other tables with people dinning. But by the time we were finished there were tables filling up. The food was very good the menu is small. Eveything we ordered was fresh and cooked perfectly. My wife ordered the prix fix. Beet salad w goat cheese, I had the same for app. for meals she got the chicken over puree potato with asparagus and vanilla creme burlee for desert . I had the same app as wife and I really wanted to try the pan seared scallops over pollenate with small carrots. Everything was awesome. We just drink water. The bill was 86.00 Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 7/27/2014Jamesport Manor Inn feels, as it should, like a dining room in an upscale (though not luxury) country inn. The decor is old-fashioned but not fussy, and the servers are young and friendly. The food? I have no complaints, but I would guess that the chef graduated from the Culinary Institute of America with a B average. All in all, the Inn offers a pleasant dining experience, but nothing worth driving far to have.
- A Special Evening Out With My Wifessaaww98Dined on 7/26/2014It was my wife's birthday. The food, drinks, staff and ambiance were fabulous. I couldn't have imagined, seated in the alcove, the sun setting in the background a more lovely and romantic place to spend the evening with her. I would highly recommend Jamesport Manor Inn for a special evening with that special person!Special Features:
- Jamsport manorAlfonso2Dined on 7/2/2014While visiting our wine clubs, we open table booked this restaurant for lunch, No crowd as it was a Wednesday afternoon, the waitress/ hostess was very pleasant and with cheerfully service Lobster BLT was fantastic, as was our other dish salmon over asparagus and blue mashed potatoes Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticpolitirDined on 6/28/2014I took my wife here for dinner. Right from walking to the building from the parking lot to sitting down, everything lended a hand to a very romantic dinner... food, wine, and atmosphere were perfect. Love the old elegant house charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortableTonyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good - crab salad, ravioli, salmon were excellent. The wine list is not extensive, but the local wine selection is good. The ambience is very comfortable, fits in well with the bucolic North Fork feeling. It would be nice if they had some outdoor tables during the summer, perhaps even opening up the views to the sound or at least the adjacent land.
- Anniversary DinnerElizDined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The setting lovely. The food outstanding. Duck / scallops / fluke.. Delicious beet salad. Will share with everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AnnieDined on 6/27/2014We came here for a nice romantic dinner. Everything was excellent. The food, setting, wine, and service were all superb.Special Features:
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 6/22/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:
- fsvorite restaurantfavoriteDined on 6/18/2014This is my most fsvorite restaurant on the north fork. everything about it is great. Matt Karr and staff do a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate and romantic dinner.TheShadowV7Dined on 6/14/2014The beautiful Inn, with it's wonderful wine list and delicious food was the perfect romantic get a way for a special occasion with my wife. The servers were courteous and we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningJSKCDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful meal, great ambiance and service. Love the local farm to table.Special Features:
- Great Spot on North ForkMaxheadroomVIPDined on 6/6/2014Picked this place based on convenience to visiting vineyards and on comments from other open table members. Truly excellent food... Lobster club for lunch was terrific . Wife's salmon was sent back but that was her preference being at odds with how the kitchen likes to do the dish...no arguments... Just a few minutes wait...and because of that..they "comped" desert and coffee..totally unnecessary . Setting is beautiful and restoration of this old house makes it all that was much pleasant. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect NOFO Choice!mypleasureDined on 6/1/2014Returned for brunch after a wonderful Mother's Day brunch on the outside brick patio. Food and service is consistently excellent. And the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014The food was awesome as usual. We brought friends and they were impressed with the service and the food. Especially the smoked salmon appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!PrimoForte1Dined on 5/25/2014Atmosphere, service, presentation & taste of food were all top quality! I had the scallops, very tasty. We were a group of ten with an 8:30pm reservation. Started at bar for drinks & rcvd friendly, generous information of restaurant history and permission to view photos & rooms upstairs. This started our evening on such a positive fun note that was just the beginning of a wonderful dining experience. Reasonably priced, I would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- OutstandingMabyDined on 5/25/2014Brunch was fabulous, a wonderful Sunday enjoying Mother Nature beauty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealnativeeastendDined on 5/24/2014Was not disappointed again, the food was wonderful. A good place to be able to sit, talk and enjoy your company. this is our favorite place to dine on the North Fork.Special Features:
- The following 677 reviews are from the The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews archive.
- Gastronomic excellence!JimmyODined on 5/16/2014The JMI is a quaint Victorian style manor just east of Riverhead. The interior is well maintained and cozy. The service was wonderful; attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The cozy ambience and the service lay the foundation for the main attraction: The FOOD! Beet salad with crumbled bleu cheese was fresh and vibrant, a mushroom toast with goat cheese left me wanting more. Our two entrees; pan seared scallops with risotto. Scallops had a wonderful crust with a tender and delicious interior. The risotto was cooked perfectly and the dish wonderfully presented. Entree 2; Crab cakes served over a whole grain mustard sauce; tasty, albeit small for an entree. I'll go another way next time, but there WILL definitely be a next time!Special Features:
- GREAT NORTH FORK SPOTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went to the Jamesport it Manor for brunch and its was wonderful. The embiance is relaxed and grand. Matt is a wonderful host and the meal was fantasic. The lobster BTL is a great take on a lobster roll and the oysters were sweet. I would recommned this spot for any time of day, including a spot of have long island wine without the headaches of a vineyard. Hope to see the Manor market a cheese plater and appetizer type wine destination as the outdoor tables are beautiful.Special Features:
- Need to try a little harderLmahannaDined on 5/4/2014This was my 3rd time at this restaurant - It was restaurant week. staff was pleasant. Food choices were great. However, maybe because it was the last day of restaurant week I was underwhelmed with my food. Everything I ordered was under salted. I cannot remember when the last time I needed to add salt my food but each dish - fresh pea and asparagus risotto and wild boar bolognese over bow tie pasta were so bland. They do not offer salt at the table so I had to ask which was also an inconvenience. The wild boar bolognese was definitely the end of the week special - no meat to be seen. It had good flavor once salted but it was more a thin sauce with large chunks of carrots and celery. If it wasn't listed as wild boar you could not tellSpecial Features:
- Beautiful locationTonyVIPDined on 5/3/2014We went for restaurant week and were surprised at the large size of the portions. The braised beef entree was excellent - very tender and great flavor. The pea risotto was much too heavy on the peas - it was like thick pea soup further thickened by the rice - and unfortunately also lacking in good seasoning. The mushroom toast was much better. Overall a very nice meal in a beautiful setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014The food was very good, especially the beef shrank. My family and I had a lovely time especially my eight year old who announced I hate fancy foods; yet, when the chicken tenders and French fries arrived, he was in heaven. The panko crusted chicken tenders were moist and tasty. he ate every bite, and announce that he now likes fancy food. Only disappointment was there was no children's menu, so no for them offered as part of the meal, and there was no ala carte menu offered to us. I did call before hand, and I was told they would accommodate the childrenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Charming and great food!Tom46Dined on 5/1/2014I live in the Hamptons and this is one of my new top favorites... definitely, my top favorite for the North Fork/Riverhead area. we arrived at sunset over the farms and fields. The Jamesport Manor was an old inn. They have restored it to its original warmth and coziness. The tables are not on top of each other. I love a "white tablecloth restaurant" and this is it. Great food, great service, lovely staff. Just great all around!Special Features: