113 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theivyrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 274 8303x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Irving
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Irving 3109634906x
A word from The Ivy
An LA landmark since its opening in 1983, The Ivy is the place to go for a great time in the City of Angels. From its star-studded crowd, to its jamming music, friendly wait-staff, killer cocktails and unbeatable food, this cozy, hip, neighborhood restaurant exemplifies the easy glamour and charm that California is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
The Ivy - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Ivy reviews from OpenTable diners
498 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (357)hot spot (272)great for lunch (254)special occasion (242)great for brunch (210)romantic (193)neighborhood gem (190)fit for foodies (182)good for groups (81)notable wine list (55)scenic view (40)kid-friendly (35)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (14)Show More
- Can't wait to go back!MauitravelVIPDined on 10/26/2014Everything on the menu is marvelous - I especially loved the attrntive wait staff & unexpected touches that set this restaurant head & shoulders above the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waiter!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Good food, atmosphere. We've been there many times in the past. Waiter never told us about the specials which we would have ordered. He barely paid attention to us (did not come back to check to make sure we got our food/order correctly, which we did not- don't eat clams, there were clams in my dish.). I expect much more from the Ivy. The service is enough to make us not go back.Special Features:
- Great place for a date !JROWE100Dined on 10/25/2014Took my wife for her Birthday. Perfect choice. Great atmosphere... there was a BUZZ in the air... you just have to experience it. Great service... good food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN RESTAURANT, excelent service!RauldelabarreraDined on 10/24/2014Bautiful/fun decoration, great location and awesome staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetgoddess1gourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 10/24/2014Spent a week in Los Angeles, and dined twice. Once for Brunch, so good we went back for dinner. Loved being outside among the beautiful roses on the table. Great food, ambience, excellent service and did I mention, the to go box of chocolate chip cookies ! Terrific !Special Features:
- visiting fromOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great experience at the Ivy. Beautiful decor, gorgeous flowers and great location in a quiter part of Los Angeles. Brunch was Delicious.Will definitely be returning and highly recommend. service was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Beautiful food, lovely Pink Sangria, super pretty flowers, crockery and extremely colourful like a vintage romany gypsy shoot! Very busy though so be prepared to be surrounded by rushing waiters - it is not the calmest and most relaxing!Special Features:
- Moderate food overpricedMKJ14Dined on 10/22/2014Much better food and service available nearby. Nice setting and atmosphere however poor service.Special Features:
- Classic & best for a special dayTobleroneDined on 10/20/2014Probably the most famous restaurant in West Hollywood. If you have a friend visiting from out of town and you want to give them a very special lunch or dinner, take them here. They are famous for their crab cakes and fried chicken, but there are many new things on the menu that are exceptional. Try the raspberry frappé! The offer free champagne indoors at a bar before lunch. And the roses! It's lovely.Special Features:
- gourmetgoddess1gourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 10/19/2014While on a recent trip to LA, my husband surprised me for my Bday with reservations for Brunch at the Ivy. The "BEST" experience. From the greetings of staff to offering a complimentary glass of champagne, to the lovely outdoor ambience...I was in love ! Great food, excellent service, the most wonderful way to celebrate my birthday. The staff sent us home with a box of their amazing chocolate chip cookies, which I have been savoring for 3 days ! So good, we are going back for dinner Friday evening ! First time experience, will now be our must go to everytime in LA !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great, staff were pleasant and attentive, location was lovely all round great and would defiantly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy birthday dinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful ambiance and setting for a birthday dinner. Welcomed with a glass of champagne and seated at a very cost table for 4. Great food and wine. It was the perfect location for our special celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful experience in both the ambiance and delicious food and wine!Special Features:
- A Favorite LA SpotlovelifeDined on 10/18/2014I always bring my out of town guests here for brunch on weekends or even for breakfast during the week and the Ivy never disappoints. Food was good, but not divine. The atmosphere and service really make this place special. It has a very cosy vibe that makes you feel good. Love the pink shirts and the decor. Really special spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchLiveforfoodDined on 10/17/2014Beautiful scenery, wonderful service and fantastic brunch. A must do when visiting LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotTubasileDined on 10/15/2014Beautiful people nice food energetic ambience valet really help who has a carSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodbuttonDined on 10/14/2014Been here numerous times when on holiday in LA and it never fails to impress. Food portions are great and there is a very wide range on the menu.Special Features:
- Deliciously Charming!Kentucky2CaliforniaDined on 10/14/2014The Ivy was everything I hoped it would be and more! The servers and staff pay extra attention to service down to the smallest of details. We walked in and were immediately offered a complementary glass of champagne by one of the many friendly patrons. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable of the menu and made me feel completely at ease about my multiple food sensitivities and allergies to soy, dairy and gluten. The atmosphere is beautiful and cozy--inside and out. The Ivy is a must if traveling to LA.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchFoodFoodFoodDined on 10/12/2014The service on arrival at Ivy is impeccable. The knowledge about the menu and attention to detail is great to see. The food absolutely delicious. We sat inside which was nice. Outside is very popular and looked really nice although seemed a bit tight quartered. Overall the setting is lovely. The fresh roses are beautiful.Special Features:
- Our ventures in laTiagia78Dined on 10/12/2014This place was great, we had heard about it but handmy tried it before. We loved it, the staff was gracious and accommodating and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous and specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014this is probably my 10th visit to The Ivy and I found it as fun and beautiful as ever. The colorful roses at every table were at their best, and the champagne bar, with more roses, that they have added inside wait you wait for your table, is a very nice touch. Great lunch options - and fantastic service. As always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TexasGirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant was a recommendation from a friend to check out while I was there on vacation with my sisters and dad. The food and atmosphere were awesome! All the flowers and decor are gorgeous. Make sure to save room for dessert:) Of all the restaurants we went to in L.A., this was our favorite.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGgreatrestaurantDined on 10/10/2014great place. great food. A perfext place for couples and newlywedsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy was quaintperfectprincessmomDined on 10/9/2014Known for celebrity sightings , and one was not let down. The tables were so close we could have conversations with either side table. Even though I made reservations we had to wait 15 mins. I also mentioned in my reservations I wanted a patio seat and was asked to sit inside. I refused. I also let them know it was a birthday lunch and they forgot until my fiancé spoke to one of the waiters. They made up by giving me homemade cookies.Special Features:
- WinemedinemeDined on 10/8/2014Great service, lovely ambiance. Had a very enjoyable evening. Thanks Ivy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!meadbaDined on 10/7/2014Love, love, love this place! Fabulous food and cocktails. Had the shrimp tacos and they were TDF. I could sit there all day on that patio and drink those scrumptious, fruity cocktails. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Charming ResturantIntheKnow22Dined on 10/7/2014The Ivy was a pleasant experience, with charming floral pillows & white picket fence. The seating on the patio is very tight and not the greatest during the noon hour. The people dining next to us could hear every word we said and vice versa. As the time passed it began to get very warm and uncomfortable. The food was so-so and not served hot even though it was brought out relatively fast. Makes me think it was sitting precooked in a container and just gussied up to be served. The staff is very attentive and there are no complaints with service. It is not a resturant I would return to, not that it was bad, it's just too costly for so-so luke warm food that I had to eat on my dining neighbors lap.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014This was a delightful experience from the ambiance to the dessert. The staff was very attentive but not overly friendly. An experience to be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EllenDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant has so much charm. You feel like you are in a small French country cottage. Dining outdoors was great. I was given a complimentary glass of champagne, had a wonderful grilled vegetable salad, and was given a box of delicious chocolate chip cookies when I left. I highly recommend a visit to The Ivy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Lovely place to visit and we saw two celebrities and sat right next to one. Perfect experience. Sweet outdoor area with great food and service. And, this is coming from someone who is in the restaurant business:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charm and snootyFall2014Dined on 10/4/2014known for it's charm and status...dont' go there if you're on a budget. Food is ok, nothing to die for but most people are there to star watch.Special Features:
- Great experience from start too endPankoDined on 10/4/2014The Ivy was everything we expected and more. Great service, great food, great atmosphere. A must stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many touristsGeminiLandingDined on 10/3/2014Had just moved back to West Hollywood and took a friend from San Francisco here for Lunch. Food was terrific but ambience has changed a great deal. The inside rooms were filled with tourists and instead of normal locals and a a handful of tourists it changed the ambiance a lot. May not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014The Ivy was amazing, you feel very welcome. we came in and had to wait 5 minutes and they offered us a glass of champagne free of charge. the waiter explained the menu and wine list. the ambiance is romantic but not too much, food was great. we definately will return when in LA again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced and under whelmednadaDined on 10/2/2014For the money that's charged - the food should be 100% better. The cobb salad might as well have been put into the blender it was so chopped and mushed and reduced to non recognizable particles - totally unsatisfactory - the waiter was talking too fast, not caring, not honest about recommendations - the place is gorgeous but wow - what a rip off - for $160 for lunch not including the tip - horrible.Special Features:
- Seriously? This place is a joke!Dinningfor2Dined on 10/1/2014Well my husband and I were so looking forward to our dinner at the Ivy and ended up being very disappointed. When we got there and we were seated outside very far corner, it was so crowded I felt like we came in and sat at the people table next to us. I could have ate of their plates we were so close, couldn't have a private conversation. The food was just average, noting unique or exceptional, just the price, they charge a lot of money for what you get. Not impressed, won't be back, check out SUR or Villa Blanca, much better aumgiance and excelant food, and not over priced.
- Dr. Eva YounanMalibuVIPDined on 10/1/2014The perfect place for a perfect Lunch! I like it so much!! The staff is awesome:))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steph4LADined on 9/30/2014Best place in LA. Food is incredible and the service is works class. Be sure to go next door to indigo seas for some exceptional homeware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy restaurantIrishguestDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant was truly excellent with high quality dining and exceptional service. There was a great atmosphere with outdoor dining and an amazing range of cuisine. This restaurant lived up to our expectations and I would definately return here on my next trip to Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarianaDined on 9/28/2014The place is beautiful. You feel like if you where at you house's garden. THE food, THE beverages were perfects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.