113 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theivyrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 274 8303x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Irving
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Irving 3109634906x
A word from The Ivy
An LA landmark since its opening in 1983, The Ivy is the place to go for a great time in the City of Angels. From its star-studded crowd, to its jamming music, friendly wait-staff, killer cocktails and unbeatable food, this cozy, hip, neighborhood restaurant exemplifies the easy glamour and charm that California is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ivy - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Ivy reviews from OpenTable diners
488 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (354)hot spot (255)great for lunch (252)special occasion (235)great for brunch (206)romantic (187)neighborhood gem (177)fit for foodies (160)good for groups (82)notable wine list (52)scenic view (47)kid-friendly (46)late-night find (23)vibrant bar scene (14)Show More
- Ivy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014This restaurant was truly excellent with high quality dining and exceptional service. There was a great atmosphere with outdoor dining and an amazing range of cuisine. This restaurant lived up to our expectations and I would definately return here on my next trip to Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun RestaurantkoulaDined on 9/27/2014Having lunch at The Ivy was a highlight of my recent trip to LA. So busy, yet so organized. I loved sitting on the pillows in the booth. Sure glad we had made reservations. It was a very fun experience. The desserts were AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEnjoyDined on 9/26/2014A great experience with prompt attentive service and excellent food ! Book in advance and get a table on the patio Best in L.ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLunchspotHappycamperDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful ambiance and great location for outdoor dinning! Traditional yet modern. Great service & great tasting food! Exotic drinks & cool place to relax. Great hot spot.Nice place to be spoiled for your birthday or anniversary. Perfect "it" place to enjoy Los angeles weather. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- the ivyannierossDined on 9/25/2014the lounge area is very cosy. beautifully shabby Los Angeles chic. the service people look spectacular in pink shirts!!Special Features:
- BrilliantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Perfect night! Great food -recommended by my waiter great service!Special Features:
- Okay placeCLE440Dined on 9/23/2014I thought the food here was pretty good (I had the lobster ravioli and the ice cream sandwiches), but it's way over-priced. I also had their drink special, a rose sangria, which was $25.00 and certainly not worth it (it was very watered down). It's a cute place, nicely decorated, and our service was fine, but really overall nothing special to warrant the $98.00 I spent. Also, our waiter asked us if we would like "sparkling water" or "still water..." not being used to fancy places, we went with still water thinking it was tap water. $9 later we learned it's bottled water. You live and learn I guess!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was impeccable. Lobster Cobb salad was amazing and the ice cream cookie sandwiches for dessert were delish!Special Features:
- QuaintpurplefearyDined on 9/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to The Ivy. The staff was more then welcoming, the food was great, the complimentary champagne was a nice touch to the experience. The design and set up was very comforting. I don't live in California, I live in Kansas, but if/when I make my way back to California I will definitely make a special trip to this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysAirlineDined on 9/22/2014The best experience I have ever had at the Ivy after going there for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always lives up to it's reputationClayinSeattleDined on 9/21/2014The service is everything at this iconic place. The knowledgeable staff and the wonderful menu ensure a memorable evening. The ambiance is lovely, inside or out. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I ExpectedLibtechgirlDined on 9/21/2014We grabbed brunch at The Ivy on a Sunday at 12:30. We were greeted with glasses of freshly poured champagne - always a great way to start brunch. We had a reservation and didn't wait more than 5 minutes for our outdoor table. We were seated in a great spot near the sidewalk, perfect for people-watching. Tables are very tight and close together. It felt like we were dining with the people next to us so there wasn't any privacy, which is fine. The people watching is top notch. The food was great- we had French toast and lobster bennie. We had gelato sandwiches for dessert- the peanut butter/ strawberry ones were amazing. Service was good, the staff to guest ranking is nuts. The only complaint I have is we didn't get our scones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okschwartDined on 9/21/2014Waite staff is excellent. Food is average, nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatlove2eatDined on 9/21/2014First trip to LA - had Sunday Brunch at the Ivy! Passed by it several times during our visit and they were always busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceEsquisitEVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Ivy looked liked a little cottage in the country so it made you feel at home. The hosts were very welcoming when we arrived to our reservation early. They offered my party of 3 champagne while we waited for our table. It only took them 3 minutes tops so show our table, but I enjoyed the wait. It gave me a chance to glance around the décor. The waiters were all very nice as well. I don't recall any women working there that night so maybe they only hire male staff. Overall I had a lovely dining experience and will definitely return. The homemade enchiladas were fantastic. if you can afford spending about $30 a plate, I highly recommend this venue.Special Features:
- Great special occasion restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My friend and I brought our tween daughters here as a special occasion. From the champagne and pink lemonade on arrival to the fabulous ambiance and excellent service, we were far from disappointed. We were expecting high-end prices and were pleased with the our seafood platter for two and the staff let the girls share an entree with no fuss. This restaurant is great for a special occasion or romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Roses, champagne & picket fencesaussieinlaDined on 9/20/2014a girls dream come true! i just loved the ambience of this place, my food was ok but i would just go for the rooms and roses!Special Features:
- TherealjodyvDined on 9/19/2014We came to Beverly Hills from Vancouver, Canada and heard it was a great place to eat. Service! Food and drinks were top notch. I would recommend to anyone p.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere is awesome!LoveLADined on 9/19/2014Atmosphere was awesome! The fried chicken was not so good. Very dry! My friend got the fish and chips and she said hers was just ok. My husband got the salmon pizza and it was VERY good. I got the salad last time and it was very good! The waiters were very nice and enjoyable!Special Features:
- Not living up to a memoryEdieGVIPDined on 9/19/2014The last time we ate here was 12 years ago. We recalled a romantic restaurant with good food. Time has not been good for the Ivy. We could not make sense of the menu. It had (expensive) salads, Mexican, Italian, French.... In other words, the menu was all over the place -a bad sign. I have since learned that locals pretty much stick to salads for lunch here, evenings are for tourists. We asked for a romantic table. Rather than being sat on the patio under the twinkle lights we were sat in the back of the inside, next to several large parties . Way to kill a romantic evening . The food was overpriced and not very special. Perhaps my memory was clouded by the fact that the last time we ate here we were blissful newlyweds.Special Features:
- MehunimpressedDined on 9/19/2014Three of my friends were flying in from Toronto for the weekend so I made a lunch reservation here because I knew it would be the "scene-y" vibe they wanted. Had made the reservation for OUTSIDE several days prior and when my guests had arrived before me (around 10min) prior to reservation, they were seated inside. I was bummed because outside was the experience I wanted them to have. We sat down and ordered sangria. The server came over every three minutes annoyed, "I'll take your order now." Excuse me? I said we'd let you know when we were ready. Let us enjoy our $25 per glass sangria without making us feel like we need to inhale them and our apps. After a $230 check and rude service..not a repeat experience. At least valet was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Amazing service. Very very attentive staff. Wonderful menu. Lots of seafood dishes. Went for a Birthday lunch and they served a cute desert with a giant sparkler..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrity WatchCaliforniaDreamerDined on 9/16/2014Thought we'd visit The Ivy in LA as we were on a road trip and it seemed like one of the things "to do". No celebrities seen unfortunately but it was a lovely experience - not one you have to do more than once but very enjoyable. After a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival we were shown to our very small table (4 adults round a small round "garden" table). Bit of a struggle was had trying to fit all the glasses, champagne, menus, wine lists etc. on the table but never mind, we managed. The food was very good but pricey (not unexpectedly) and by USA standards not extremely large (but enough). Managed to fit in dessert - the profiteroles are delicious and plentiful. Most expensive meal we had but worth it for the experience.Special Features:
- Don't botherLalaDined on 9/16/2014The Ivy has been a favorite of ours when we visit from Australia however our lunch this week was very disappointing! We were rushed through lunch and the staff lacked warmth. Sadly i feel you have to be a regular or famous to get decent service & after many visits to the Ivy i have decided to take my business elsewhere as the standard of customer service is terrible.Special Features:
- The IvyHollywoodHoneymoonerDined on 9/15/2014Had an amazing experience here, Service was impeccable, Food was divine and I loved the outdoor dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOutoftownersDined on 9/15/2014We had a lovely early dinner. The only negative is it's very pricy...$35.00 for a salad, really?Special Features:
- Good but priceytomatoDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant is pretty, the food is good, but I think one can find food this good in other places and pay less than half of what you pay here.Special Features:
- From Florida to the IvySkerkoDined on 9/14/2014The Ivy was a wonderful experience and the decor definitely added a nice touch the whole dining experience. Even though we were surrounded by the city life, It made me feel like I had escaped to grandmas house In the country. The food was flavorful and delightful and the staff was great. The complimentary glass of champagne was a nice touch to the whole dining experience as wel. Will be back when visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaMacVIPDined on 9/14/2014Salads can be salads, but not at The Ivy. The grilled chopped salads has to be one if the best salads I've ever eaten. Dying to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedbobdDined on 9/13/2014I brought my niece and her friend here to celebrate her 21st birthday. I mentioned it in the Open Table notes and also told the waitress upon my arrival. The waiter seemed completely disinterested in our table. We had to ask for him a couple times. The busboy was terrific and was quite attentive. As the meal was ending, the waiter asked if we wanted dessert. I asked him to bring the menu. In the meantime, I caught the busboy and told him it was my niece's birthday. Within a couple minutes, a dessert with a candle showed up at the table. Don't think I will be coming back anytime soon primarily because my waiter did not seem to care if we came back.Special Features:
- Incredible dessertsFoodcrazyDined on 9/12/2014We went to Ivy for dessert and I was not disappointed at all! The ice cream sandwiches were amazing and so was the sundae. The only thing I would recommend is to not make the fudge and butterscotch syrups so hot so that it does not melt so much of the ice cream. I slightly downgraded the service because our waiter was not very friendly when he found out that we were there just for dessert. I had heard so much about how wonderful the waitstaff was so I was disappointed when we got a bit of the cold shoulder from our waiter. Other than that, I would definitely go back again. I absolutely adored the ambience and serving the champagne while we waited for our table was just the ultimate touch of fitness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somethings never changeHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/11/2014Had not been in a while ...star gazing is everyone's reason to pay the ridiculous amount for a salad ...we were pleasantly surprised by a perfectly cooked swordfish and a chicken dish...sounds boring but they were both great...waiter was not good..staff is very hurried ...they want you in and out so they can squeeze every tourist in....I think we enjoyed it because we really enjoyed the people watching...Beverly Hills ladies are definitely getting older!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable place!BoffinDined on 9/10/2014The food at the Ivy was outstanding. Service was excellent too. Portion sizes are huge and quality ingredients are used. I would definitely go there again. A+!Special Features:
- A Unique Dining ExperiencediningforfunDined on 9/8/2014This little "cottage" in Beverly Hills provides a very unique dining experience. We were met with complimentary champagne. We were seated in the coveted seats outside where you can see and be seen. And we had a wonderful, relaxing and fun dining experience. The Ivy is the place to dine in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE FOODSAZZYDined on 9/7/2014There were flies all over the restaurant. We ordered a cob salad and a lobster club. The salad looked like it had been prepared the night before..... In fact the food came so quickly it probably had. The lobster club was meant to have hand cut fries with it....... They were frozen shoe string fries. Overall it was disgusting.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Very stylish and welcoming. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food was very good. Excellent atmosphere. The prices are pretty steep though, be prepared to spend quite a bit for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal and worth the priceJwwhite10Dined on 9/6/2014Made a reservation a week in advance. We checked in early to secure outdoor seating and while we waited (all of 5 minutes), we were served complimentary champagne. Once seated on the patio, we were served quickly and the food was phenomenal. The wine was great. The spicy margarita was so-so. This place is pricy but absolutely worth it. It's definitely a place to see and be seen. Really does live up to the hype. Highly recommended and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than xpecedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The Ivy has always had a reputation as being a hang=out for Hollywood stars with great, although very expensive, food. My wife has been there several times on an all-girls event, celebrating birthdays, etc. On this occasion she decided to treat me and our son and his family to a late lunch, early dinner meeting. All our expectations were met with extras, table reservation was excellent, we asked for and got an outside table, service was great, from start to finish we felt pampered and to top it off, we had Matt Damon sitting next to us. Dinner for 7 including 2 children and NO alcohol was $702.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People Watching ParadiseesskayellDined on 9/6/2014We had lunch here before catching a flight back home after a few days in LA and it was a real highlight. Not only was the food great, but the view of the people coming and going was fantastic, plus my husband got to ogle the cars being parked by the valets. It's fairly unapologetically busy so you might get shuffled a bit before you get to sit down but that's what the complimentary glass of bubbly is for. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most overrated & overpriced in LAMellowDined on 9/6/2014$22.75 for four pancakes? Really? Lobster Cobb was simply 'okay' for $33. They didn't seat us on the patio as requested. Never again. There are a million places better that are a fraction of the price. Skip it.