113 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theivyrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 274 8303x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Irving
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Irving 3109634906x
A word from The Ivy
An LA landmark since its opening in 1983, The Ivy is the place to go for a great time in the City of Angels. From its star-studded crowd, to its jamming music, friendly wait-staff, killer cocktails and unbeatable food, this cozy, hip, neighborhood restaurant exemplifies the easy glamour and charm that California is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ivy - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Ivy reviews from OpenTable diners
486 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (359)great for lunch (257)hot spot (249)special occasion (235)great for brunch (219)romantic (189)neighborhood gem (174)fit for foodies (159)good for groups (90)notable wine list (52)kid-friendly (46)scenic view (46)late-night find (24)vibrant bar scene (14)Show More
- LA DiningTravelButterflyDined on 8/27/2014A free glass of champagne on arrival was the perfect start to the birthday celebration we were there for. In LA for vacation, The Ivy was an ideal choice for a memorable outside, buzzy lunch before hitting the Robertson Blvd shops. Reputation means it's very busy and while the food and service were good our table was very cramped with small chairs (designed to cram in as many as possible?) which made it one of the less comfortable experiences. That said, we loved it and it was a memorable location for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YanaVIPDined on 8/26/2014The outdoor patio is nice and cozy, though doesn't have enough room. The food is good, but really overpriced. Desserts are usual and too sweet to my taste. The place is full of tourists.Special Features:
- Loved Itlisten2meDined on 8/25/2014The staff is amazing, helpful, pleasant, polite, down to Earth. The setting is beautiful. The food was above what I expected from quality to presentation to taste. Would frequent if I lived in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestjjschaumDined on 8/25/2014Such a lovely place.....loved every minute of it. The Service, the food, the staff. and it is the most wonderful, peaceful, beautiful place.Special Features:
- It's the IvyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Fun celebrity hotspot, getting touristy but hey we were tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going backDee18Dined on 8/23/2014The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the food is good but the way our waiter mislead us was very bad. The restaurant, or more specifically, the waiter literally cheated us in the cheque. Giving us completely different prices than the ones listed ON THE MENU! Double pricing the steak prices without even letting us know that there is a price difference other than the one on the menu! Let alone adding some stuff of his own on the dishes, without us asking, and listing them on the bill! The food was good but i would never go back to such a deceitful restaurant.Special Features:
- CarolBDined on 8/23/2014I have been to the Ivy many times, and am afraid that they are resting on their laurels. While our server was very efficient in bringing us our entree, he forgot the order of guacamole that we ordered. We let this pass, (in fact we did not even bring it up), but the entree's that we had were less than spectacular for the cost. I had the shrimp tacos, that while the shrimp was cooked to perfection, everything on the plate was cold. The rice and beans were not imaginative, which you would expect when paying $28.00 for the dish, and the small splat of gucamole was not even seasoned. The other people ordered the cobb salad, which had ample amounts of blue cheese but little else. Over All...Very Disappointing.Special Features:
- Worth the hypeDScottDined on 8/23/2014Well they pack people in,a bit tight but the hustle and bustle and good vibes is so much fun! Waiters are dressed in whites jeans and pink shirts all look so clean and fresh and well groomed.... Gorgeous massive bouquets of roses every where! No star sitings but we all know those are staged for the stars personal publicity! Valet guys were awesome and so friendly! Over all fun fun fun! One bit of advice LEAVE the kids at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Great food along with excellent atmostphere come with this very famous placeSpecial Features:
- Blast at the IvyDebOliDined on 8/21/2014We met some friends and had a wonderful upbeat time and great Food The vibe was pumping We all loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ivy ExperienceWhitlyn271Dined on 8/21/2014Had a wonderful lunch at The Ivy. My family loved it. The food was amazing and the drinks were great too! After our free champagne and iced tea we had other mixed drinks that were great. My kids loved the outdoor patio too! Although we didn't see any stars, its a great place to people watch! I wod definitely go when in LA. The only complaint is that it is very expensive. So plan to open the wallet when you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Great food, fast service..a little cramped seating..enjoyed my lunch with familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely afternoonFoodprettyDined on 8/19/2014perfect spot for after work cocktail. the drinks are refreshing, lovely, and delicious.Special Features:
- The BestHockeycanadaDined on 8/18/2014Service was great and food was better ...what more can you ask for The Back ribs were the best i have ever had...all our meals were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect!FoodiePoodieDined on 8/18/2014The wait staff was phenomenal, food was great and all the colorful furniture and fresh flowers were so lively and happy!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mjltVIPDined on 8/17/2014Beautiful spot. Excellent service. Food was way overpriced for the level of quality. Very average food.Special Features:
- Worst service ever!!!!BoogegeDined on 8/16/2014Came all the way to SF 8/12/14and excited to try The Ivy.the service is slow considering we are the 1st customer that day.we ordered french toast and steak to share.While eating my frnch toast my husband saw a dead fly on the plate. We immediately called the attention of our server and told us verbatim "well,you chose to seat outside". I mean how rude!!! We are expecting an apology but to no avail...i got the check and the server handed us a small box of cookies and said "here's a box of cookies for the dead fly". My husband is soo furious...i mean we don't expect a box of cookies to compensate the dead fly.what we need is a proper apology.ended up not eating the food and left because we can't take the rudeness and the dead fly..worst!!!!
- Great for LunchFromPAtoLADined on 8/16/2014Gets really crowded but is a cute little place with good food. Nice time with a good group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Home RunFridaynightlightsDined on 8/15/2014These are simply the best waiters in the city. Their service is always very consistent and the food is always great…very fresh. The Ivy Gimlet is the best drink in the entire city…period. I suggest the double because you won't have just one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening meal at the IvylilirishgalDined on 8/15/2014The Ivy is a gorgeos restaurant with flowers all around you. The atmosphere is great for any occasion. They serve you champagne upon arriving. The food was great and our waiter and other staff was determined that we enjoyed everything there. I highly recommend the cookies! They were delicious!Special Features:
- Cute restaurant with mediocre foodFirouDined on 8/13/2014A cute and charming restaurant with ok food. From time to time I return usually because an out of town friend insists because he/she has heard there could be a possibility of celebrity spotting. Every time I acknowledge how lovely the decor and the ambience is and every time I am struck by how mediocre the food can be. I ordered caesar salad as appetizer and asked the waiter if it was a "real" caesar or a "fake" one. He assured me it was the real deal. I was surprised that they when they brought it, they combined it with my second dish - a side order a almost wilted lettuce with no better a caesar dressing than any chain restaurant. but when I mentioned it to the waiter, he shrugged it off instead of offering to make amends.
- cosy outsideSwed1Dined on 8/12/2014i liked what i ordered but My friend wasnt that happy with her mexikan dish. They sure put alot of food on your plate, maybe a little too mutch if you ask us. The service was Great and we had a very Nice and friendly waitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant!LisiDined on 8/12/2014Food was great, variety, fast service, friendly staff, amazing smell in bathroom! Totally worth spending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedFlavioDined on 8/12/2014The menu needs a big change... This place has become Over rated and over priced
- BHFoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our first time to the IVY and we were not disappointed. The food and service were outstanding. My only disappointment was the lack of a dress code. I did not appreciate eating in very close proximity of a gentlemen dressed is a $2 tank top with cargo shorts and tennis shoes.Special Features:
- Vibrant and charmingCavi2VIPDined on 8/10/2014The Ivy was a perfect place to meet a long lost friend. The food, service and atmosphere blended to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Yes there are a lot of tourists now but the place is still exceptional, a fantastic menu, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La favGeemajorDined on 8/9/2014I have all my meeting and late lunches here good job helping me close the dealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is still a GEM....diningdivaDined on 8/9/2014The Ivy in Beverly Hills remains one of the most delightful restaurants in all of Los Angeles. There must have been 50 dozen multi colored vases of roses all over the site...and the bright colored walls, happy floral pillows, beautiful garden feeling brighten everyone's day the minute they arrive. I had the roasted garden veggie salad with lobster...to die for. Our group also shared a banana split...homemade ice cream and divine sauces...excellent. Can't wait to go back. It's fabulous.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The Belgian waiter was so pushy. We'd been seated for no longer than 10 seconds when he asked what we wanted to order, and was annoyed when we said we'd like to have a look at the menu first. The earliest we could book was 9.15pm so we decided to eat dinner elsewhere beforehand and have drinks and dessert at The Ivy. He got really angry at us and asked if we'd told them that before coming. He made a big song and dance about it all and then decided it would be ok. We then heard him giving the woman at the table next to us a hard time because she only ordered a salad and no starter. Complete lack of customer service. If you get seated with him, ask to have someone else serve you!
- Not the same Ivy! So disappointing.JDoddVIPDined on 8/8/2014After loving it for 20 years, so we were shocked by our recent experience. Diners were dressed for a tour bus vs a high-end restaurant, muzak was blaring, diners & staff chaotically rushing. The prices, always high, were astronomical, particularly considering the quality and preparation of the food. Our favorite salads were soggy, sloppy & seemed to have shrunk, $67 Kobe beef was tasteless, but the bill for 5=$600. Normally, we'd provide immediate feedback, but there was never a good time to voice our concerns. A busboy checked us in for our reservation, & we never saw anyone who resembled a manager. We're so sorry we wasted our time and money here when LA has so many exciting restaurants, new & old. Sadly, our tradition is broken.Special Features:
- Not worth the costcanyodlDined on 8/8/2014We were lucky to get a coveted outside table though our party of 3 was put in the corner. The ambiance is a french garden which is quaint and pretty. The service was a little snooty to me. We were offered a special cocktail menu upon being seated (even though my 2 daughters are underage). Declining a pre-dinner cocktail was frowned upon and when I asked for wine by the glass was told in a snooty tone that they only had house wine. We ordered 1 appetizer to share and were encouraged to order more. The entrees were excellent but a bit overpriced. We wanted to share a dessert and were encouraged not to. It ended up being way too much. I felt like our waiter was pushing food on us to jack up the price!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSuzannesterDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our 6th year wedding anniversary over a lovely dinner on the patio of The Ivy. I love the roses, pink shirts and floral ties on the waiters, and country French decor. The grilled veggie and scallop dish was perfect on a warm summer night, and the wine selection was very good. The music piped in was soulful and relaxing, and of course the people-watching is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The IvyAftertheCruiseDined on 8/8/2014Visiting from San Francisco and passes through after our Catelina Cruise. We had a lovely time here, I've been wanting to see what all the hype was about. We brought our 15 year old daughter in hope that she would see a celebrity, none that day. The food was good but over priced for the quality and portions. Some veggies on my plate were old and not as fresh as they should've been. My Champagne Sangria was $25 and not sure if it had and alcohol in it or even enough champagne for that matter. We had the Toro tuna was fishy. My husband's Halibut was delicious but expensive. Overall we had a nice experience just spending time with my family and enjoying the weather. Loved the outdoor seating, perfect for LA people watching and weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food & amotsphere was amazing. Service was a disaster! We had 10 people for breakfast at 8am and were the ONLY table in the restaurant & had 4 servers. You would think they would get the order right....had to send back 3 times. It was a special celebration & was frustrating that one of my colleagues didn't get to eat until we were all finished. Disappointing for a $550 breakfast tab....I thought the price point included service. Not well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful All AroundDrock64Dined on 8/7/2014I found all of the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating. I was a single diner and they seated me at a lovely table in the midst of everything. When I informed my waiter that I had to catch a flight, he expedited my order I loved the swordfish tacos with rice and beans. I wish I had more time to spare baca use I would have loved to had tried the zucchini blossoms stuffed with goat cheese. Overall, my experience was wonderful. And all the staff were beyond attentiveSpecial Features:
- Overated and overpricedDiegoDined on 8/7/2014The food is not good, and the servers are rude. They tried to push drinks at all cost, forcing on the most expensive itens of the menu. The price is totally out of the reality considering the qualitty of the food. Dont get me wrong, I hapilly spent $600 on Melisse on a Dinner the same week, it is a matter of what you get for your money.
- Can not recommend.GinnyDined on 8/7/2014Although the atmosphere is beautiful and the service is great, the food is mediocre at best. The 27 dollar Cob salad had no flavor. The best part of the meal was the homemade chocolate chip cookies and the two strawberries that came with the cheesecake.
- Very disappointing experiencelinhDined on 8/6/2014As our Belgian friends use to define their national airline company :SABENA......Such A Bad Experience Never AgainSpecial Features:
- First-timerRedRaiderDined on 8/6/2014The Ivy exceeded our expectations as first-time guests from out-of-state! Hope we can return some day! In the meantime, we will just send others your way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.